Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,550 members, 7,955,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash (36714 Views)

Bimbo Odukoya's Daughter, Tolu 30th Birthday Marked In Grand Style (photos) / Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Is In Hell? / My Pastor 'Saw Pastor Bimbo Odukoya In Hell'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by hotangel2(f): 12:20am On Dec 14, 2005
kaylala:

Guys,

Please check this out.

http://www.pastor-bimbo-odukoya.memory-of.com/Tributes.aspx

I lit a candle. it's soo sad. cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by icingbaby(f): 2:05am On Dec 14, 2005
i know, i can't stop thinking about it. cry cry cry cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by oju(f): 2:30am On Dec 14, 2005
Its sad that pastor Bimbo has gone..well what can we do but thank God that she was in Him because we know we'll see her again. Adieu

Wonder who'll takeover singles and married now.

May the soul of all those who died with her rest in peace AMEN.

our prayer now is that God in his infinite mercy will raise up another woman of substance. Our God said he will never leave us nor forsake us. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley wink
i'm sure she will not want us to cry. so guys/babes cheer up and celebrate a life worthy of praise. alleluyah. Amen
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 14, 2005
queen2:

OMG cry cry cry
I lit a candle for her cry cry cry cry cry

I remember when i was still in secondary school,i represented my school Model secondary school in Loyola Jesuit college in invitation relay race,their students are nice and friendly.

may their gentle souls rest in the Bossom of the Lord
AMEN
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by 2nde(m): 4:43am On Dec 14, 2005
Though, i may be far from Nigeria, but i used to listen to her message on TV and i had opportunity of meeting her being in the congress when she came to OOU to pass some messages last year. I've never felt this bad, this is my first time. I know God sent her on a mission and the mission has been accomplished, she needs to give her God reports of her assignment.
I loved you(Bimbo) and your ministry. i have lit my own candle also.
Have a good rest in the heart of your creator.
The damage has already been done, a wound that can never be cured. Government!!, please, do something about this tragedy, enough is enough. We are praying for Nigeria here also.
Once again, RIP my favourite pastor and intellect(Bimbo Odukoya).
May God bless your children, husband, your family, relatives and your ministry. Also to others who are involved in the crash. God Almighty will console everybody. sad

Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by Ib(f): 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2005
WELL, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THAT SICK COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA. ............WHEN, SOMEBODY TELL ME WHEN NIGERIA IS FINALLY GOING TO GET HER ACT TOGETHER? WHY CANT ANYTHING WORK IN THAT COUNTRY? I WAS IN NIGERIA IN MAY AND ON MY WAY TO PH, THE PLANE WAS RICKETY, YOU WOULD THINK IT WAS GOING TO DIVIDE. WHY WASNT ADEQUATE ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE FIRST PLANE CRASH OCCURED? WHY WERE REGULATIONS NOT ENFORCED TO ENSURE THAT MESSED UP PLANES AND AIRLINES DO NOT PUT THEIR INTEREST BEFORE OUR LIFES.

I KNOW SOMEONE WHO'S LOST TWO KIDS IN THIS AIR CRASH. NIGERIANS........................ THE YOUTHS....................... WE NEED TO RISE UP AND PUT OUR DESTINY IN OUR HANDS. WE ARE TIRED OF DIFFERENT DELIVERANCE AND PRAYERS, WE NEED TO WISE UP. THE WHITE MAN'S LAND DID NOT BECOME LIKE IT IS BY PRAYERS ALONE. IT TAKES MORE THAN THAT. IF WE DO NOT TAKE ACTION NOW,,,,,,,,,,, OUR CHILDREN WILL BE THE NEXT.

(sorry seun for writing in caps............ i'm so pained)
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by viviansam(f): 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2005
May her soul and the souls of all the people, men, women and children who died in that ill-fated crash rest in the bosom of the Lord.... we have to pray. Involved in the accident is , a colleague, a friend,young and talented IT guru in Port harcourt, calm and calculated,Mr. Onwuka U. We pray....
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by lioness(f): 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2005
This is the 31st air crash in Nigeria and we still don't have any form of air crash management.  Its so sick. Most of our airlines are as old as the country itself. All we do is gather scrap, seconded goods. If it were possible we'd go for seconded humans. Its so sick, sick, sick, sickkkkkkkkkkkk.

I often wonder why the FG say we can't afford new airlines, we have to pay by loans etc. Nigeria is rich for goodness sake. Recently  the release of all abacha's money from the swizz bank was giving back to nigeria and most of our debts written off. One would expect to see some positive effects in the economy after all this but nothing. How come nigeria can't afford good quality airlines yet beautiful Alams and his likes are having such amount of money to throw away. See politicans who come to the Uk and buy apartments for their girlfriends, boyfriends, sons and daughters. They pay cash for it.............whose money is it

Just the same way scraps vehicles are run in Nigeria so are the airlines.
Thse same way people just get a drivers license, and get into the road so the pilots get a minor trainning and on air.
Otherwise how would a trained pilot not know that his rollers aints out yet
Evertything just get as e be for Nigeria ................. true
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by queen2(f): 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2005
QUEENZY:

I lit a candle for her cry cry cry cry cry

I remember when i was still in secondary school,i represented my school Model secondary school in Loyola Jesuit college in invitation relay race,their students are nice and friendly.

may their gentle souls rest in the Bossom of the Lord
AMEN

Sure me too, its very sad cry cry cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by tibabey(f): 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2005
i say anybody can die at any time, death dont know any damn body.its a pity those like alams that we need to evaquate from the universe are the ones stayin, and the ones we really need are leavin. id say God is sometimes mysterious. now we know dat our beloved bimbo odukoya [mrs] is gone to heaven, but wat about the others? were would their souls be by now? did they even hav the chance to ask God to forgive their sins as pastor bimbo had few minutes of survival? or are we goin to stop flyin and start walkin to our far destinations? we should really think abt these tins. undecided cry i sympatise wid the families and frends involved and wid all nigerians for the loss of this great woman of virtue. MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PE RFECT PEACE.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by nicetohave(m): 11:45pm On Dec 14, 2005
I shudder at the thought of the souls that might be lost forever....but we'll leave the judgement to the all knowing God
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by spikelord(m): 12:20am On Dec 15, 2005
This is tragedic, Nigeria recorded [b]three plane crashes withing 42 days. Don't you think there is something wrong somewhere?
1st, It was the ill-fated Bellview Flight 210. Then the private Jet that crashed somewhere around Kaduna and here oh my GOD, the SOSOLISO flight. I guess something is wrong with Nigeria. The life of a rare gem was lost and people..............
sad cry We just have to keep praying........
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by conscience(m): 3:30am On Dec 15, 2005
Please spare a moment to light a Candle in memory of Our  sister -Pastor Bimbo O,
Whom The Lord loved so much and has called  to His Table.

http://www.pastor-bimbo-odukoya.memory-of.com/photos.aspx

Leave a word here too.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by WesleyanA(f): 3:36am On Dec 15, 2005
spikelord:

This is tragedic, Nigeria recorded three plane crashes withing 42 days. Don't you think there is something wrong somewhere?
1st, It was the ill-fated Bellview Flight 210. Then the private Jet that crashed somewhere around Kaduna and here oh my GOD, the SOSOLISO flight. I guess something is wrong with Nigeria. The life of a rare gem was lost and people..............
sad cry We just have to keep praying........

and start fixing the aviation ministry and their faulty planes . . . no one's saying anything about that.
the wrong thing is those people keep using the planes they know aren't safe for transport!. taking innocent souls just like that. . .
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by kaylala(m): 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2005
Hi guyz,

This is a website to possibly drop a word of condolence to a rare gem that passed on through the apology called Nigeria airspace.

May Her Gentle soul rest in perfect harmony,Amen.

http://www.tfolc.org/PastorBimbo_lives_on.htm.

N.B: it is ur choice anyway.

Regards.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by nike4luv(f): 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2005
i don't know when i started crying because of this cry

this is very sad, she sent me an email a some time ago { i subscribed to that ministry} telling me about this trip to nigeria

jesus bless her soul cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by goodguy(m): 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2005
who sent u an email?
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by queen2(f): 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2005
rolleyes

I guesse late pastor bimbo
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by Nobody: 4:40am On Dec 17, 2005
May her soul rest in perfect peace AMEN cry cry cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by pharrod(m): 2:51am On Dec 18, 2005
When I look back at my 45 years on earth and the things that the Lord has allowed me to achieve so far, I feel really blessed. You see, every year added to a person’s age is one closer to the grave.

Life is very short, death is sure and one day, we will each account for the life lived before God. It is upon this premise that I seize every opportunity I have to work for God.

At the end of the day, when my life on earth is done, I want to hear Jesus say, well done to me.”

Life and death are two things that go hand in with Pastor Bimbo Odukoya and sometimes, listening to her speak of both so interchangeably and in no unequivocal language, you’d almost think she had seen death lurking by the corner.

But it seems to improper to refer to this modern day ‘Agony Aunt’ in the past, as her views about self and society continue to re-echo, one whole week after she had and some 106 others plunged to earth with the ill-fated Sosoliso airliner

Even the life experience that saw her turning full swing into Christianity and eventual priesthood is predicated on the life and death issue. It was indeed a sermon on life that jolted her out of seeming lethargy.

Beyond Fountain of Life Church
When the news filtered on Sunday December 11th, 2005 that Pastor Bimbo Odukoya, firebrand pastor ad televangelist was one of those on board the Sosoliso aircraft that crashed on Saturday, December 10th, many people were stunned. Ordinarily, the passing of pastor would not have elicited much emotion from any group other than the congregation, which she leads. When that Pastor Bimbo Odukoya, associate senior pastor, Fountain of Life Church, President, Single and Married Ministries and Chairman, Discovery for Women, the horror, shock and disbelief at such a passing bleeds far beyond the walls of her church and into the homes and hearts of many Nigerian, young and old.

Pastor Bimbo would not be much surprised by the reactions. For apart from whatever she’s been doing with single & Married and the Fountain of Life Church, she’d been round a few other churches too. Hear her: “Before founding the Fountain of Life Church, my husband and I served in a number of ministries since 1982…. we were ordained in 1992 by Bishop Mike Okonkwo of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM)"

copied from ,www.sunnewsonline.com
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by Greatpeter(m): 10:34am On Dec 18, 2005
cry cry Adieu! Pastor Bimbo Odukoya. cry cry
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by Smashing1(f): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2005
I attend The Fountain of Life Church and Pastor Bimbo preached that, We christians should take life and death seriously. What does death mean to God? As Christians the part of us that is more important to God is our SPIRIT not the flesh and A SPIRIT THAT IS TRULY ALIVE IN CHRIST JESUS, NO PLANE CRASH CAN KILL. She lives forevermore with the FATHER OF LIFE.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by nicetohave(m): 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2005
AMEN!!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by Smashing1(f): 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2005
Pharrod, I am happy to read what u wrote because, since the sad event I have taken consolation in that fact "Pastor Bimbo Odukoya took life and death very very seriously". I can almost still hear her voice saying what she has always said that she wants to hear God say to her "My good and Faithful servant...". She always went on and on about "Showing God unusual favour", "Do something for God". She would say that, the blessings God gives are good, but please come to God for the sake of God Himself not just the miracles.

Pastor Bimbo was indeed a great woman. It's so funny that when she lived, she ministered to people and was able to make them desire a closer relationship with GOD, And now in death she still has the same effect. Because all around me I see a lot of christians re-vistiting their foundations and I see people taking life more seriously.

As Christians, we live a life of the SPIRIT and A SPIRIT THAT TRULY LIVES CANNOT DIE!!!.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by Thesaint1(m): 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2005
Thanks for that piece. I know that though she is dead but her work and word still lives on. She is one of the great woment of God this country every produce and she has brought joy and happiness to many singles and married in this country through her book and her message.

the day this event occured I was busy selecting her tape at Fountain of Life stands at Shiloh 2005, where I bought about 3 tapes. She is not dead realy she lives on. May her gently soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by nicetohave(m): 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2005
AMEN!!!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by dablessed(f): 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2005
It is sad indeed but we can only take solace in the fact that she is resting in the bossom of God. Pastor Bimbo is not dead, she lives on as her ministry, work and vision live on.

Singles, let us all immortalise her vision by keeping ourselves pure and chaste for our Mr right, stop fornicating! Stop fornicating! Do not fornicate! Do not fornicate! This will put an everlasting smile on her face forever, for she will be happy to see that her vision still lives on.

Married women, have a submissive spirit towards your husband, husbands love your wives to the point that you are ready and willing to lay your life for her - it will gladen pastor Bimbo's spirit and of course God, to see that you obey HIM in this regard.

Help keep pastor Bim's vision alive! Obey the lord! Do not put him to shame!
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by kewe(f): 10:41pm On Dec 18, 2005
Rest in Peace Bimbo sad
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by topetall(f): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2005
the family is the most important in every nation, yhe devil is trying to break institutions like this by bringing in homosexuals....,I think we all need to pray for families,relationships,and future marriages. for peace and love.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by topetall(f): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2005
the family is the most important in every nation, the devil is trying to break institutions like this by bringing in homosexuals....,I think we all need to pray for families,relationships,and future marriages. for peace and love.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by snazzydawn(f): 9:56pm On Dec 19, 2005
I still can't believe it.She will be buried on the 21st.Oh!!!!! how sad!!! cry my joy though,is that,she is in heaven.
Re: Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash by gentleone(f): 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2005
yes, its still so painful but my joy is that she is with the Lord. i just heard the funeral arrangements this morning, the interment was today n she'll be buried tomorrow.
God bless her soul.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol / RCCG Pastor Danjuma Tafa-Balewa Dies Of COVID-19 Complications. - IDOMA VOICE / CAN Reacts To Buhari's Sack Of Jim Obazee, FRCN Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.