Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... (760 Views)

After 46 Years Of Marriage, 84-year-old Man Pays His Wife Dowry (Photos) / Couple Spent N3m On Wedding But Got Evicted Weeks Later Cause They’re Owing Rent / Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... by vince96w2(m): 6:25pm On May 11, 2017
I attended a wedding recently and i have read posts on social media about weddings and the trend is the same.. So Why is it that a man spends alot of money on the traditional and white wedding ceremonies but only the woman is celebrated and gets all the attention?
Re: Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... by NelsonNeo(m): 6:34pm On May 11, 2017
When u graduated frm school, shey u did convocation?? U were celebrated.... Marriage is similar. She's Goin to be his fr life plus she's leaving behind her family.....as for the ceremony, no body says d responsibility lies solely with the guy. It's a matter of understanding and commitment. Thx
Re: Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... by pocohantas(f): 6:34pm On May 11, 2017
Quick questions
1. How did you know only the man payed for everything in the wedding? In my side, the bride's family carries the traditional wedding expenses.

2. How is it only the woman celebrated?
Did they tell only her congrats?
Is it that she will use the gifts alone?
The money they spray them, na only she go chop am?

How exactly is the woman celebrated alone?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... by mrphysics(m): 6:38pm On May 11, 2017
pocohantas:
Quick questions
1. How did you know only the man payed for everything in the wedding? In my side, the bride's family carry the traditional wedding expenses.

Don't mind them. Imagine the kind of point he is raising.

Re: Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... by pocohantas(f): 6:39pm On May 11, 2017
mrphysics:

Don't mind them. Imagine the kind of point he is raising.
I mind them.
I attend lots of weddings, I didn't notice the man spent alone, while the woman got all the attention.
Re: Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... by mrphysics(m): 6:53pm On May 11, 2017
pocohantas:

I mind them.
I attend lots of weddings, I didn't notice the man spent alone, while the woman got all the attention.
We are saying the same thing. Most times the spending is a combined effort with both of them taking the glory for a successful/failed wedding.
Re: Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... by vince96w2(m): 2:50pm On May 12, 2017
pocohantas:
Quick questions
1. How did you know only the man payed for everything in the wedding? In my side, the bride's family carries the traditional wedding expenses.

Whr are u from??. Well igbos give u list n u lay for everything. You also pay for the reception and since we have more slay Queens than wives these days, you will hear outrageous price for make up e.t.c...then check Bella naija, would you find the man's pic?
Re: Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... by pocohantas(f): 3:04pm On May 12, 2017
vince96w2:

Whr are u from??. Well igbos give u list n u lay for everything. You also pay for the reception and since we have more slay Queens than wives these days, you will hear outrageous price for make up e.t.c...then check Bella naija, would you find the man's pic?
Any man that pays, paid because he wants to or he was ripped off. The bride's family are supposed to entertain their in-laws during the traditional marriage.

Same way we have more yahoo boys, drug dealers...etc than husbands. Maybe slayqueens assume they have enough money.

Blame your self for going to slay queens, she didn't put a gun to your neck.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That A Man Pays For The Wedding But The Wife Is The One Celebrated... by Frankgenius213: 4:45pm On May 12, 2017
pocohantas:

Any man that pays, paid because he wants to or he was ripped off. The bride's family are supposed to entertain their in-laws during the traditional marriage.

Same way we have more yahoo boys, drug dealers...etc than husbands. Maybe slayqueens assume they have enough money.

Blame your self for going to slay queens, she didn't put a gun to your neck.

u are even a slay queen so go n sleep

(1) (Reply)

We Know Him When He Was Struggling Now He Has Forgotten Us / At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? / Woman Shocked To See Her Dead Mother Watering Some Plants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.