Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua (71455 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua / DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by preponey: 12:59pm On May 17, 2017
nice write up dear! keep it up..
SurestG:
Dedicated to Rachealfst, Veekid, Ikombe, Tbrak

Luisa was still in bed when her phone rang, it was 5:30am and she wondered who the caller could be, it was a number she doesn't have on phone she answered the call thinking it was Soji but it was a female voice telling her she has to be in school before 6:30am for the registration of a particular course because the registration ends that day. She thanked the caller and hung up, rushed to the bathroom to do the necessary things and she was ready for school by 6:15am, she got to prof Ige's office by 6:30am on the dot. Over hundred students are already there waiting for the man. Within the short period of time she had spent in that school she has come to know that Prof. Ige is a no nonsense and disciplined man, if he chose to do something nobody not even the management can reverse his verdict. he had told them that any one who refuse to register the course personally with him will come back for the course the following session. Prof arrived his office by 7am and the registration commenced, after waiting on the queue for over two hours, it still wasn't her turn.
The registration is becoming exhausting to her and she dare not leave the place, a text message came into her phone it read thus "LOOK BEHIND YOU" the message sender was unknown but she managed to look at who the person was. She saw Soji smiling sheepishly at her gesturing at her to come, to her utmost surprise she left where she stood to meet Soji. Without much ado he offered to help her with the registration this time she didn't decline but rather accepted the offer before he changed his mind.

Soji is a young man in his early 20s, he had initially studied law in that same university though he was obliged to follow everything his father tells him because he was underage and couldn't make decisions for himself so after graduating as a lawyer he went back to the same school to study Business administration which is the course he has always wanted to study. Soji is a genius, even though he is handsome no Coursemate of his dare contend with him academically. He is known and respected by the lecturers and professors in his school and this gives him free access to their office anytime.

Soji held her hand and they went to Prof's office. Prof was very happy to see Soji and offered them both seats.
"to what do I owe this visit soji" prof said
"I'm here to help this friend of mine with her registration" he said pointing at Luisa.
Prof looked at her and she bowed in a way of salutation, He smiled at her and then commenced the registration. She was done in less than 5minutes, she thanked Prof and went out, soji stayed behind to appreciate Prof for his help. Students on the queuing were already eyeing Luisa and she knew she dare not pass through them so she went through another exit. She stayed beside Soji's car to wait for him, at least to thank him, after 10minutes of waiting she saw him coming, she wondered what made him took such a long time before coming out, she would have frowned but she dare not because he had helped her so she feigned a smile.
"thanks soji I really appreciate what you've done for me this morning" she said
"I'll do anything in my might to keep my friend happy" he said and they both laughed.

"do you see me as a friend at all?" he threw the question at her.

"uhmmm... wh...why asking such a question, we are friends you know" she said.

"No, I aren't forcing myself on you please" he said with a frown.

"I'm sorry Soji, I don't mean it that way, you know I'm a newbie in this school and I wouldn't want to be too foolish, I don't want to fall into wrongs hands as I've heard a lot about tertiary institutions."

"can you have lunch with me today, 1pm" he asked her.

With the look on his face she knew she just had to say yes and she has no class that afternoon not until 4pm.

"okay, where is the venue" she replied

"at my place"

She raised her brows at the sound of "at my place"

"I'll come pick you up by 1pm at the school bus stop" he said heading to his car.

"....I will have to becareful because I have no idea what he has got in stock for me"

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Ekunsticated(m): 1:07pm On May 17, 2017
ride on ride on.... Wehdonesir....

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 1:47pm On May 17, 2017
DrRasheed:
Nice Work Bae
thank you
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 2:56pm On May 17, 2017
Dedication
ComelyJummy, ddjay, DrRasheed, Ritajovy, bossy512, Preponey, Ekunsticated...

CHAPTER 7

We took off on Sunday morning, going back to school, she really did wish the weekend was longer because she enjoyed every bit of her stay with Soji's family. They were so homely to her and at some point in time she saw her mother in Mrs Daniels. Soji was not around all through but the three beauties in the house didn't make her stay boring. Mrs Daniels, Toluwanimi Daniels and Tomilola Daniels are the three beauties in that household, they are beauty personified.
She asked for her name, her background and every important things a parent in-law should know about their daughter-in-law, through that they got talking and Mrs Daniels realized that Luisa's Mother was her classmate in secondary school. "This world in which we live in is such a small one" she exclaimed. She even went ahead to tell her the reasons why she and her husband insisted that Soji bring home whoever he is dating. Luisa couldn't stop admiring the beauty of the Mansion Soji's parents live in. Mrs Daniel on the other hand was happy to meet her long lost friend's daughter again especially the part that she will be her daughter-in-law soon. She requested for her friend's number but Luisa feared giving it to her because she didn't inform them she was traveling to her boyfriend's home, the elderly woman understood and told her not to worry about what she would tell her and that she's wise enough to understand her plight. Luisa then gave the number to her.

Soji couldn't believe her Mom and girlfriend could bond so much without him introducing them to eachother, he knew deep within him that he had made the best choice ever. He hasn't stayed home that much since they reached Abuja, he had to face whatsoever Senator had invited him home for.

Toluwanimi and Tomilola 22years, 19years respectively were so much overwhelmed with joy on seeing the beauty their big brother had brought home. They were not home were Luisa arrived, they came 2days after but made the most of the little time they were able to spend together, they went on shopping, sight seeing, they visited interesting places together and the ladies couldn't stop introducing luisa as their brother's fiancé.

Soji realized Luisa's silence since they left Abuja and broke it.

"any problem? You've been silent for the past 2hours" he said tapping her thigh as he focused on the road.
That was when Luisa realized she had being in thoughts since they took off. She managed to mutter "I'm fine"

"don't you like them? My parents"

"I love them so much and even your sisters, I didn't feel I was new among them, just that I didn't get to see much of Senator, I only saw and greeted him once before he travelled on Friday night"

"I already told you he would be traveling and that was the more reason he insisted we come on Thursday"

All of a sudden, Soji's smiling face turned to a frowning face and Luisa was wondering what suddenly went wrong.

"Luisa do you know me at all?" the question came as a shock to her
"yes I do"

"do you have an atom of trust for me?"
Now she's becoming worried

"soji why this strange behavior, of course I trust you, if not I wouldn't be with you on this journey in the first place"

"no you don't"he said "because if you do you wouldn't have been restless sleeping by my side on Wednesday night, I saw everything, you didn't slept until past midnight which I knew that wasn't the time you sleep"

She didn't know he saw her and could even read her thoughts. "I'm sorry Soji I was just scared of temptation"

"and that is why I know you don't trust me, I would never touch you without your wish and having sex with you while we are dating is the least of what I have in mind for you, can't you just trust me for once?" there was hurt in his eyes.

Luisa couldn't utter a word, she was happy and sad at the same time. Happy because her boyfriend wasn't after her body and sad because she could see hurt in his eyes.

"Soji, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way but I am sorry"

The rest of their journey was in silence not even a word from any of them, Soji was speaking to her neither did he look at her side. Luisa was ashamed because her thoughts were wild.

3 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by comelyJummy(f): 3:41pm On May 17, 2017
Interesting such a small world. Thanks for the DEDICATION

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 4:55pm On May 17, 2017
Eeyah, soji calm down nah. Her thought is just normal. But now that you guys have defined your relationship, it's okay.
Lola, I will deal with you and your new found friend

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 5:44pm On May 17, 2017
Nice story

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Musampa73(m): 8:55pm On May 17, 2017
Yeap I have finally catch up with u guys, SurestG is indeed a sure person, ride on my beautiful sister and more ink to your pen. Ayam following u bumper to bumper.

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 8:59pm On May 17, 2017
SurestG U sha want me to be shouting everytime before u update,na nepa again?

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:24pm On May 17, 2017
Akinwale14:
SurestG U sha want me to be shouting everytime before u update,na nepa again?
ah go update na
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:25pm On May 17, 2017
Musampa73:
Yeap I have finally catch up with u guys, SurestG is indeed a sure person, ride on my beautiful sister and more ink to your pen. Ayam following u bumper to bumper.
thanks bro
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Musampa73(m): 9:27pm On May 17, 2017
SurestG:
thanks bro
U welcome
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 9:32pm On May 17, 2017
Musampa73:

U welcome
. I've responded to your PM
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Musampa73(m): 9:34pm On May 17, 2017
SurestG:
. I've responded to your PM
Okay
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Lukeleq(m): 10:10pm On May 17, 2017
Pls continue d story nw

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 11:23pm On May 17, 2017
Lukeleq, Flakkybaby, Musampa73, Akinwale14, queenitee.

Instead of telling him to drop her at her apartment Luisa felt she needed to sort things out with him before going to her place so that she will have a rest of mind.

"Soji, don't bother going to my place I will stay at your house for tonight"
He still didn't say anything.

"I've apologized severally so you still want to punish me this way? I get it, if this is how the relationship will continue to be then I may not be able to continue"

He looked at her face on hearing that statement. Soji was about opening the door to the house when Luisa held his hand. He looked back at her and he could see he had gone to far with the anger.

"I'm sorry Jewel, I was just disturbed seeing you having trust issues with me" he said giving her a hug. "I don't want you to leave me because of such a trivial issue.

Lola invited Luisa and Becca to a party of someone she knew, at first they were against the opinion but later concurred to make their friend happy. She told them the party was fixed for Friday. Luisa who was already contemplating on going home or spending half of her holiday in school changed her mind instantly. Since their break will be 2months, she will be in school for a month and the other 1month will be used at home. Her staying in school wouldn't be boring became Soji will be there and also her two friends.

Luisa who had been sitting at the beginning of the party felt pressed and needed to go to the toilet so she excused herself while Becca watched her phone and drink. Lola was no where to be found the last time they saw her was when they had arrived the party. Luisa was about to enter the rest room when she felt two hefty man seized her from behind. Lola appeared from no where and started shouting and calling out her name, she was coming towards the two hefty guys with a big metallic rod in her hand. The party was so noisy that nobody noticed what was going on. One of them forcefully collected the stick from her hand and hit her with it 3times she fell and couldn't move. Luisa herself was trying to escape so that she could help her friend but it was too late for her as her nose and mouth were covered with a drugged handkerchief.

Becca who was becoming worried from waiting for Luisa who went to the rest room 20minutes ago went to check if she was still there but she met Lola lying on the floor with bloodstain on her face, she went to her and asked what happened.

"Luisa has been kidnapped" she said faintly

"kidnapped? By who?? When?? Where?? What do they want from her?"

" I was trying to rescue her when they attacked me"

Becca picked her phone, put a call across to Soji to tell him what has happened, he came with the police but the party had ended some minutes after the call. "Lola needs to be taken to the hospital, let's do that first" Soji suggested

"she may have something to tell us about the kidnappers"one of the police men added.

3 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Musampa73(m): 7:31am On May 18, 2017
Nice update and wehdone surestG

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 9:51am On May 18, 2017
I don't get this Lola girl. Oga o

Thanks for the dedication ma
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:45am On May 18, 2017
CHAPTER 8

2days after her disappearance, the police interrogated Lola since she was a witness but her contributions was of no use. Soji became worried he couldn't sleep, he was trying all his best and Sammy didn't leave him be, they were both into the search. His message tune beeped, he clicked the message and got the shock of his life, it was Luisa's nude, she was blindfolded in the 5 pictures that was sent to him, pictures' background was blur so he couldn't guess where it could be. His heart shattered his heart was bleeding for his girlfriends condition. Shortly after, another message came in and it read thus "IS THIS NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND? tsk tsk, she isn't the saint you think she is. You can go pick her up at the address I will send to you" Soji dialed the number but it was switched off. Later that night he got another message from a different number but he was sure it was from the first sender. It was the address and the time he will meet his girlfriend.

Lola who had bruises on some part of her body, was in her room when she got a message from her strange friend "Sorry for the Bruises, it was one of my strategy to confuse the Police from investigating you". She didn't know where exactly Luisa was taken to but she hoped she's okay. Becca hasn't left her side ever since she knew one of her friends had been kidnapped, she didn't know who was next.

Luisa's phone had been with Soji since the day of the incident. He went through the phone to know if she was being threatened before the kidnap occurred but there was nothing like that. He was driving towards the address given to him by the kidnappers, he didn't inform the police this time because he feared his girlfriend's private body maybe viewed by them. As he approached the address he saw a figure lying lifeless by the road side, he pulled over immediately. It was Luisa, she was in her undergarments only. He took off his shirt to cover her as he drove straight to the hospital for treatment...

Soji didn't mention a thing about the message he got from the kidnappers because he knew she will feel bad and worst. He sent a message to Becca that she had been found but can't see anybody yet. After her full recovery, she knew she had nothing left to do in school and that she'll gladly go use the 2months break at home with her family. Soji understood her plight and didn't counter her opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by bossy512(f): 10:46am On May 18, 2017
Well done, thanks for d update

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by comelyJummy(f): 11:22am On May 18, 2017
Hey my Luisa sorry ooo. Update too small.Omo to SURE

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by flakkybaby: 12:39pm On May 18, 2017
surestG, rachaelfst, sexymamatee well done. this na de work wey we dey do. wawuuuu........ nice work.

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 3:44pm On May 18, 2017
Thanks SurestG,Make God punish Lola and Funke/unknown for me

2 Likes

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by MhizDherbee(f): 3:50pm On May 18, 2017
Hmmmmmmn

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by empress101(f): 3:57pm On May 18, 2017
cool following...

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 4:00pm On May 18, 2017
Wicked Lola, devil

1 Like

Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:31am On May 19, 2017
I've been trying to update the next episode but its difficult. I've typed chapter 9 like twice this morning but it just won't upload I'll do that soon
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by EvaJael(f): 10:35am On May 19, 2017
Nice story ma'am
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 10:42am On May 19, 2017
EvaJael:
Nice story ma'am
thanks sis
Re: Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua by rachealfst(f): 12:47pm On May 19, 2017
Thanks for the update. Well done sis.For me, I think it's not too late for Lola to back down. except she's doing this for her own personal gain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem / Survival Of The Curse. A Werewolf Story. / Home Alone With Steamy Cousins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.