Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? (32943 Views)

'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / Which European Country Is Best To Go For Hustling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Topmaike007(m): 9:41am On May 13, 2017
Op if u av d money relocate to Seychelles,then u come to thank me latter...cos that place is dope

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by diasporaman(m): 9:41am On May 13, 2017
I am a veteran traveller. I have been to more than 20 African countries and I understand the terrain very well before I came to Europe with my family. Angola, Gabon, Cape Verde islands, Namibia etc are relatively ok. Make your research well because many African countries are mere glorified towns when compared to Nigeria

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Airforce1(m): 9:42am On May 13, 2017
RealHaute:

So they'll dash him 900k cedis the moment he lands there?
I believe he's going there for greener pasture..

If he's lucky enough to get a good job there and knows how to save, 3yrs Is enough for him to save that amount.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by BornAgainMay: 9:42am On May 13, 2017
brother black represents backwardness.

no African country is worth it, the politicians are criminals, is better you save and leave the African boarder

But you can consider Ghana, I know ppl out there doing business and they are leaving well

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:42am On May 13, 2017
OP, the best place to relocate to, is yourself. Yes.

There is no place that you will go to, that will be like the land of your birth. So, do this. Take stock of how much it will cost you to settle down and have a great life in any country of your choice and take exactly that cash to create yourself a little country where you are the President. Your Home. And Disconnect Emotionally, from the happenstances in Nigeria. View the happenings and comment on them as if it is foreign news. Generate your electricity from renewable source, produce your water and run your little country very smooth.

This is the ancient wisdom for today.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by tydi(m): 9:43am On May 13, 2017
Hati13:
Come to your ancestors mother homeland, Ethiopia. It's best if you settle on the highland parts.

No be that place wer woman go show u how she love you reach by chopping Cain on her back! lol smh culture der shaa

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:43am On May 13, 2017
Yes if what you are going to meet there is worth it.... Today is my birthday share some love with a brother

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by ahmedbanj(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2017
Mauritius and South Africa I think,and I lyk Ghana too
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by bonifieldstun(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2017
tarr abeg stay where u er oo Africa is a no go area a doomed 3rd world country, the home of deadly disease, the brother of the Middle East when it comes to terrorising it's pple, the founder and original of money laundering to offshore account, No even come Africa coz its a bowl of Big black poo #BASED OF POOLISTICS

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:44am On May 13, 2017
Op South Africa, Egypt, Ghana etc are really cool countries
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by turok: 9:46am On May 13, 2017
CANADA AFRICAN Shey

jjjjj2017:
Canada is the best African Country on earth

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by shinarlaura(f): 9:46am On May 13, 2017
Seychelles is a cool country. You can think of relocating there

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by banmee(m): 9:47am On May 13, 2017
Try Ghana. Peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by nonxo007(m): 9:47am On May 13, 2017
Ekeeyhandsome:
Yeah some ar worth it

I' relocated to SA this year, and I don't regret my coming here..
Bro give us details of the country, I'm planning on relocating too. What's the living standard like and where is best to startup ??
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by obontami: 9:47am On May 13, 2017
RealHaute:

So they'll dash him 900k cedis the moment he lands there?

The guy na fool na! Na today you know the mumu?

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by BornAgainMay: 9:49am On May 13, 2017
Billyonaire:
OP, the best place to relocate to, is yourself. Yes.

There is no place that you will go to, that will be like the land of your birth. So, do this. Take stock of how much it will cost you to settle down and have a great life in any country of your choice and take exactly that cash to create yourself a little country where you are the President. Your Home. And Disconnect Emotionally, from the happenstances in Nigeria. View the happenings and comment on them as if it is foreign news. Generate your electricity from renewable source, produce your water and run your little country very smooth.

This is the ancient wisdom for today.

brother, if you have no advice to give gerrrah, you can make it more when you leave this God frustrating country/Continent..

the fact you have connections to survive here doesn't mean we are all so lucky.

as I am talking to you, I just rounded up my NYSC and I am now applying for security job, bcoz after so many submission of cvs, I didn't get a call up bcoz I simply don't know anybody.

outside African boarder. you can get a job in as much you are qualified for it.

but who cares here? Abokis will continue to get highest quota in any endeavor here

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:49am On May 13, 2017
lovelygurl:
Amoung these you mentioned which one have you been to?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:51am On May 13, 2017
Unfortunately, almost every African country that is not at war is better than Nigeria.
If you have a skill, or capital and a plan, you can make money anywhere.

I noticed people laughing at Congo and I shook my head at their ignorance. Congo is one of the richest countries on earth in terms of resources many billionaires you read about in the news have operations in the Congo. You can get rich there trading timber, diamonds, gold, oil, semi precious stones, textiles, food and through government contracts. Ifeanyi Ubah allegedly made his first couple of million dollars in the Congo.

In most African countries the natives are less exposed than the average Nigerian and so it is easier to break through.

Truth is, Nigeria is a sinking ship

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by tunsho4u(m): 9:51am On May 13, 2017
NIGERIA IS THE BEST OPTION FOR YOU[b]NIGERIA IS THE BEST OPTION FOR YOU[/b]NIGERIA IS THE BEST OPTION FOR YOU

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:51am On May 13, 2017
Don't just travel out without a plan and good money on you. The tax you will pay as a foreigner is different from the citizen. And surely there will be issues because you are a Nigerian mostly west African countries, they will envy and also discriminate your person. It's more difficult as a foreigner to get a job than the citizens.
I think your should first tell us if you have a skill of some sort we can advise from there.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Topmaike007(m): 9:51am On May 13, 2017

lovelygurl:
south africapls don't mention that fucking nation again after the op has made it there then one useless indigene will come and kill cos in the name of xenophobic..Egypt is still good but there law is is not Friendly..Ghana is still okay by me or Liberia or Uganda if it is to go there for greener pastures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by SmartyPants(m): 9:52am On May 13, 2017
Everything is relative.

What skills do you have? Are those skills in demand in the country you are trying to move to? Are you going in empty handed or do you have some capital?

Do your research on each country to find out what their tolerance levels are for foreigners, what their unemployment levels are, cost of living etc. Don't rush through this. If you take your time to carefully list out all the pros and cons of each one then you will be better able to make a smart decision.

From the bit i know:

Sierra Leone is a country full of opportunity and if you have the capital to set up a business you will most likely succeed. However, the cost of living is very high.

Gambia is a virgin land, depending on what you can offer. Life is somewhat laid back here.

Senegal is a great place for highly educated workers, particularly if you can speak a bit of french. People who speak both french and english are highly valued.

Guinee Bissau is also a virgin land that is beginning to see economic growth and a bit of political stability. If you have the money to set up a business, this might be a smart location.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by elvisdaniels(m): 9:52am On May 13, 2017
shinarlaura:
Seychelles is a cool country. You can think of relocating there
You talked about Seychelles, have you been there ,and what's the standard n cost of living over there thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Topmaike007(m): 9:52am On May 13, 2017
Topmaike007:

south africapls don't mention that f*cking nation again after the op has made it there then one useless indigene will come and kill cos in the name of xenophobic..Egypt is still good but there law is is not Friendly..Ghana is still okay by me or Liberia or Uganda if it is to go there for greener pastures.
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:53am On May 13, 2017
Airforce1:
900k Ghana cedis is 63million Naira
and how many millenium will it take you to gather 900k cedis in ghana compared to nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by koning: 9:54am On May 13, 2017
Naija is still a top destination if you are loaded. No other African country offers more fun and opportunities like Nigeria. So relocate to Nigeria if you can boast of a minimum of $70,000.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:55am On May 13, 2017
Topmaike007:

south africapls don't mention that fucking nation again after the op has made it there then one useless indigene will come and kill cos in the name of xenophobic..Egypt is still good but there law is is not Friendly..Ghana is still okay by me or Liberia or Uganda if it is to go there for greener pastures.

Well to be honest I was thinking of infrastructure and not safety. I don't think South Africa is worse than Nigeria when it comes to safety. It's just not Nigerian kill Nigerians but South Africans killing Nigerians. I think if he goes to Johannesburg where people are more educated then he shouldn't really have a problem

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Airforce1(m): 9:56am On May 13, 2017
MetaHuman:
and how many millenium will it take you to gather 900k cedis in ghana compared to nigeria?

God's grace and hard work, a year or two is enough.
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:56am On May 13, 2017
Mcowubaba:
Which particular African Country are you talking about.
You can't look at it Wholistically.

Relocating to Gabon, is not the same thing with relocating to Algeria.
Different Environment, weather, Religion, laws and policies etc

But one sure thing is that Nigeria is amongst the worst African countries to live in, at least in terms of Electricity/Power Supply.
Some things that happen regularly in Nigeria is not obtainable anywhere in Africa or the world

Things like SARS shooting innocent civilians regularly
Nigerian Army molesting a Bloody Civilian
Things like having a President like Buhari grin
Things like having a large number of sycophants who can't think for themselves, always fighting tribal wars and defending the Political class, that don't care about them.

Only an illiterate will say Nigeria is the Gaint of Africa, or say things like let's make Nigeria great again grin
As if it was great before.
We only have a crazy population of sycophants
grin
We don't appreciate what you have until you loose it. Every bad thing that you mention up there are in most African nations. Nigeria is not among the worst african country. Ask the returnees from those African countries

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 13, 2017
BornAgainMay:

brother, if you have no advice to give gerrrah, you can make it more when you leave this God frustrating country/Continent..

the fact you have connections to survive here doesn't mean we are all so lucky.

as I am talking to you, I just rounded up my NYSC and I am now applying for security job, bcoz after so many submission of cvs, I didn't get a call up bcoz I simply don't know anybody.

outside African boarder. you can get a job in as much you are qualified for it.

but who cares here? Abokis will continue to get highest quota in any endeavor here
Thanks for betraying your emotion. The joblessness is not the problem, the real problem is your attitude towards the joblessness. Truth is, your new job, is to find a job. So, you can change your attitude and drop that certificate and be wise. Security job is not really a job. Find something to do with your hands and ask the Universe to bless the work of your hand. Those countries you want to travel to, were built by hands of others and I am sure they are not super excited to see foreigners coming to pillage on the opportunities they created. Become a farmer and replicate nature. This is another ancient wisdom.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 13, 2017
On what basis are you relocating i.e career, business, health e.t.c. If you are relocating to search for a better life without the necessary skills to afford you opportunities, you will only end up miserable like others. Angola, South Africa, Kenya and some east african countries are great emerging markets. However, you need to have rare skills to qualify for jobs. Generally, There are no "Jobs" in Africa. So, you are better in Nigeria if you must know.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share / The Best Passports For Unrestricted Travel Around The World / Truck Rams Into Bank In Ogun, 2 Crushed To Death, Others Injured (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.