Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? (32942 Views)

'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / Which European Country Is Best To Go For Hustling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 13, 2017
nurshah:
Nigeria is very poor ..hmmm joker don't even .
For the sake of haile selassie whom i admire I will let you go .Hail mama ethiopia grin
Hahaha grin, you love someone who hates you? You are a joke.
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 13, 2017
BornAgainMay:
brother black represents backwardness.

no African country is worth it, the politicians are criminals, is better you save and leave the African boarder

But you can consider Ghana, I know ppl out there doing business and they are leaving well
ah,u make sense like , i don't know the adjective to qualify u,blacks are the same everywhere,eventually when he began to make it there they will raise up against him telling him is not their country man. well maybe he can try Angola,it seems they are friendly.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by BOKO52(m): 2:38pm On May 13, 2017
Try Nambia it's a beautiful and nice country
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by safarigirl(f): 2:43pm On May 13, 2017
obontami:
Cape Verde is a cool country plus they got cute ladies a brother can Baptise his dick in their clean pussies.
Cape Berde is where I want to relocate to.

You stay there?

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by naijajobx: 3:02pm On May 13, 2017
no
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Bestlily(f): 3:10pm On May 13, 2017
warripekin:
Their are many businesses u can start with less than 50k or nothing. It ranges from ICT, agribusiness to information products. Yes the information u are privy to can earn u money ( pls not necessarily as a whistle blower lol).Ur opportunity is in the open waiting for u to exploit

Thanks
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by LeanonGOD(m): 3:21pm On May 13, 2017
Look before you leap.
I don't know about other African countries but I will advise you to properly do your own research properly before moving back to Nigeria - it is Bitter and it is Sweet but the bitter part may be deadly.
You have Absolutely no right in Nija, you will have to provide everything for yourself including security at home and office, water, generators for home & office, you can't TRUST anyone including pastors and imams - children school fees is astronomical HIGH. You need a stand by doctor, lawyer, top police officer, top army officer, and bank managers.
If you are extremely-financially loaded Nigeria is like a mini-paradise because your money will run things. Please, please don't sell all your assets before moving to Nigeria.
Finally, my brotherly advise to you is that you should remain where you are so you will be in a better financial position to help our people in Nigeria. There are so many NGOs in Nigeria including orphanage homes.
May the Good Lord help your decision in Jesus Almighty Name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by makahlj2: 3:22pm On May 13, 2017
teamsynergy:
ofcos, if u relocating from Pakistan, afgan, Yemen, Syria, Vietnam, Honduras , iraq, iran, gaza,Venezuela, north Korea, perhaps, Armenia, Bosnia......etc if not...baba stay away

on a lighter note, some small African countries makes sense now ooo.... for real... u need to be more specific about the country u going and not just generalizing...Africa is a continent not a country
Please remove Armenia and Bosnia from this list... although I admit that they are really poor countries.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 13, 2017
nurshah:

My dear am reffering to economy; potentials and opportunities and that's a fact .. This is why no matter what countries are aiming to do biz with Nigeria ....
Nigeria got the market but the market is overcrowded with suppliers .....

U can excel in Nigeria if u have a specific thing to offer or have some ruggedness... Apart from that other country in Africa possess An environment u can easily penetrate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by LeanonGOD(m): 3:31pm On May 13, 2017
Moooooore Grease to your Brain. You are a good counselor.
Victorclean1:
My dear, truly if you have a good job you are doing outside Nigeria, please don't leave it. Nigeria is a mess of a country with so many fake things. You can't enjoy good electricity, good road. In the night every street will be making a huge noise continously in an attempt to creat electricity. Again Nigeria don't have good hospitals that's y government officials rushes outside for treatment. No security at all cos police is fighting to survive tru corruption.etc General hardship is a plaque majority is suffering from. Go to USA embassy or any foreign embassy, you will be surprise to see million of people in line looking for visas.
But despite all the above you will enjoy the company of your family, eat more of organic natural local delicacies like efo riro etc I mean very fresh vegetables. Etc
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 13, 2017
LeanonGod Victorclean1 thanks for your input but you guys seem not to have understood my point.I live in naija presently but am wondering if it's reasonable relocating to a fellow African nation.
Thanks to everyone who contributed but many people didn't provide info about the living standards in the suggested countries, restrictions, etc that would have helped us make the right decision.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by mytym(m): 3:56pm On May 13, 2017
Airforce1:
900k Ghana cedis is 63million Naira

Ghana simply used Charles Soludos method. '000 was used as a basic denominator for all currency. I.e a previous 1000cedis commodity will be sold @ 1cedis.

Soludo as the CBN governor wanted to use '00 as a basic denominator for Naira deliberately to save the Coins and encourage transactions done in Kobo too.
The Ghanaians I know used to mock their own currency. One scenario still very vivid was a joke about how they used to drag their salaries in Ghana-must-go sacks being payment for a month work as a sales boy.

They said as a secondary school leaver trying to work for few months and make savings before securing admission for further studies, they get paid in millions, which could not catapult them away from the poverty line.

Same thing is affecting the Zimbabwe dollar. A bottle of Coke probably goes for 10million dollars grin

In essence, Ghana's currency Cedis is nominally or 'numerically' weightier than Naira but it's a ruse, their economy isn't any better.

It's like what we used to do as kids by dilluting Coke with water just to increase it's volume in the bottle. It will be plenty but the taste would have become light.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:22pm On May 13, 2017
Abudu2000:
For now the only country i can mention is gh.... Constant electricity,cheap commodities,good haven for business, etc..

Don't near Egypt if you are not a Muslim
Cheap gini, good haven for business if you are a Ghanaian. If you are a foreigner be prepared to be taxed silly and the country is very expensive to live in.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by niceair(m): 4:29pm On May 13, 2017
BizBayo:

Bro, is that where u reside? I don't mind getting more information.
Please I need info about Angola... help Me out
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Emmyk(m): 4:37pm On May 13, 2017
Airforce1:

God's grace and hard work, a year or two is enough.
Talk is cheap. Why not go there and make that amount yourself?

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by ychris: 4:39pm On May 13, 2017
Mcowubaba:
Which particular African Country are you talking about.
You can't look at it Wholistically.

Relocating to Gabon, is not the same thing with relocating to Algeria.
Different Environment, weather, Religion, laws and policies etc

But one sure thing is that Nigeria is amongst the worst African countries to live in, at least in terms of Electricity/Power Supply.
Some things that happen regularly in Nigeria is not obtainable anywhere in Africa or the world

Things like SARS shooting innocent civilians regularly

Nigerian Army molesting a Bloody Civilian

Things like having a President like Buhari grin

Things like dragging the express roads with the Cows of Fulani Herdsmen grin

Things like Boko Haram

Things like having a large number of sycophants who can't think for themselves, always fighting tribal wars and defending the Political class, that don't care about them.

Only an illiterate will say Nigeria is the Gaint of Africa, or say things like "let's make Nigeria great again" grin
As if it was great before undecided.
We only have a large crazy population of sycophants
grin

If you wan relocate, go to Kenya, Rwanda, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Seychelles, or Algeria/Tunisia /Morocco if you're a Muslim and you're good in Arabic.

Don't go to Sudan, South Africa, Zimbabwe

And wherever you plan to relocate to, please enter the Country LEGALLY, and get your PAPERS legally. To avoid chronic Hypertension grin
Don't go through smuggling, or using a Tourist/Visit Visa then skipping the provisions and rules of your Visa.
If caught, Na T B Joshua go help you when dem deport you come back

Disclaimer: This views are my personal Opinion, informed based on the knowledge and information available to me, it may not be 100% accurate.
Don't quote to insult, ignore if offended
cool
Bro this is 101% accurate. grin

Like Ur sense of humour!

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 13, 2017
Stay in Nigeria. Have travel to African countries before Nigeria still the best ,

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 13, 2017
Hati13:

Hahaha grin, you love someone who hates you? You are a joke.

An a joke ,right... Hmmm
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 13, 2017
ugohemma:
Nigeria got the market but the market is overcrowded with suppliers .....

U can excel in Nigeria if u have a specific thing to offer or have some ruggedness... Apart from that other country in Africa possess An environment u can easily penetrate.

Broda,no be so ... Nigeria is refusing to diversify.no one is a hinkimg outside the box .pple just want to o do businesses that every one is doing.other African countries are easily penetrated becasue they don't have the funds to invest in their own country. Nigerians are taking good opportunities of this to go into other countries
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 13, 2017
If u don't stay in Nigeria then travel out of Africa. I tell u Nigeria is the Best. Our economy might be somehow bt its going to be ok later. Nigeria is more Accommodating than any Africa country, Nigeria is merciful than any other Africa country. U get money easier compare to other Africa countries. By experience they respect Nigeria in many Africa country. Except for the bad image few Nigeria n exhibit will scare them.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Mcowubaba: 5:07pm On May 13, 2017
ychris:
Bro this is 101% accurate. grin

Like Ur sense of humour!
Thanks, I'm humbled
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by BizBayo: 5:10pm On May 13, 2017
niceair:

Please I need info about Angola... help Me out

Bro na wetin me self dey ask.... but i never receice response. Though Angola is a nicw country... they speak portuguese. And i believe the economy is stable
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Ijscarface: 5:18pm On May 13, 2017
Cape Verde splendid!
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by praisekeyzz(m): 6:40pm On May 13, 2017
centboy123456:

am planing to get to Morocco by land do u know d road
wen u get to badagry, cross d water and forest d bush opposite it, den ask d ppl u meet der dey will direct u proply ok?

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Ruggedpen: 7:49pm On May 13, 2017
emmyspark007:
Angola has greener pastures than naija cool
Is very difficult to go there
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by almarthins(m): 7:59pm On May 13, 2017
jjjjj2017:
ori lo n ba mi se, iba se p'eniyan a ti ru'ju tipe...

Ori ko ori ni
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 13, 2017
jjjjj2017:
Canada is the best African Country on earth

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 8:21pm On May 13, 2017
Omo na Yankee sure pass ooo... Enjoying it here

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Innogee: 8:51pm On May 13, 2017
This questions comes to mind when you are no longer satisfied with status quo..

I have also asked myself this question too.

The option of relocating to an African country always comes to mind when you have been denied visa to Europe or America.

There is nothing bad relocating to another African country but you must compare your present location with your future destination.

You must spell out your reasons for relocating and make the necessary findings with respect to your skills.

You must also ensure you take your time to understand the immigration policies.

There are visas that would never permit you to pick a job no matter the skills you have.

Well, the best way to relocate to any country is through study or starting up a business in that country.

They both require you having good sum of money with you.

Personally, I wouldn't advise you to go to any African country in search of job because you may get frustrated.

From my research, I would advise you to look at Ghana but creating business instead of searching for job

Even Ghana has strong immigration policies that may not allow you to pick up a job.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share / The Best Passports For Unrestricted Travel Around The World / Truck Rams Into Bank In Ogun, 2 Crushed To Death, Others Injured (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.