Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? (32972 Views)

'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / Which European Country Is Best To Go For Hustling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:46am On May 13, 2017
tydi:

No be that place wer woman go show u how she love you reach by chopping Cain on her back! lol smh culture der shaa
Don't generalize less than 100,000 Hamar people culture on 95 million Ethiopians.

Beautiful people+beautiful landscapes+fresh air=best choice!
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by DonCortino: 10:48am On May 13, 2017
Cameroon is not par!
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Kx: 10:49am On May 13, 2017
Billyonaire:
OP, the best place to relocate to, is yourself. Yes.

There is no place that you will go to, that will be like the land of your birth. So, do this. Take stock of how much it will cost you to settle down and have a great life in any country of your choice and take exactly that cash to create yourself a little country where you are the President. Your Home. And Disconnect Emotionally, from the happenstances in Nigeria. View the happenings and comment on them as if it is foreign news. Generate your electricity from renewable source, produce your water and run your little country very smooth.

This is the ancient wisdom for today.

Best advice.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by pauljumbo: 10:52am On May 13, 2017
Nairaland post of the year
so true

Billyonaire:
Thanks for betraying your emotion. The joblessness is not the problem, the real problem is your attitude towards the joblessness. Truth is, your new job, is to find a job. So, you can change your attitude and drop that certificate and be wise. Security job is not really a job. Find something to do with your hands and ask the Universe to bless the work of your hand. Those countries you want to travel to, where built by hands of others and I am sure they are not super excited to see foreigners coming to pillage on the opportunities they created. Become a farmer and replicate nature. This is another ancient wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by irepnaija4eva(m): 10:53am On May 13, 2017
Airforce1:
900k Ghana cedis is 63million Naira

Nna my brother,ever since I came across this in a previous post eh...I never sleep o.
My heart and brain just dey make calculations o.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:53am On May 13, 2017
Thanks for your contribution guys.Been following and taking notes I believe will be useful regardless of what my final decision will be.I appreciate.
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by aolawale025: 10:54am On May 13, 2017
Relocating outside the country doesn't necessarily translate to getting a better life. It largely depends on what you intend to do there and the risks you can take. Have you thought about doing the same here?
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Princedapace(m): 10:55am On May 13, 2017
Ekeeyhandsome:
Yeah some ar worth it

I' relocated to SA this year, and I don't regret my coming here..

Baba.. make we talk o.. about ur move..
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by grandstar(m): 10:55am On May 13, 2017
jkfugghhghjdd:
Hey. Every other country in the world is better than Nigeria..take it or leave it.

At least you won't get killed in your sleep by fulani terrorist herds men, shekau and his boys or even the Nigerian police and army.

Just plan yourself and run away from this shit hole called Nigeria.

Your reply is full of ignorance. In Mali, there's civil war. It was later hijacked by Jihadist group forced France to wade in. That's just West Africa. Most African countries are poorer than a Nigeria. That's why we have millions of Malians, Nigeriens, Togolese, Beninoise, Ghanaians and Cameroonians calling Nigeria home

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by centboy123456(m): 11:05am On May 13, 2017
praisekeyzz:
Morocco and Algeria d best for now. Trust me!

am planing to get to Morocco by land do u know d road
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by warripekin(m): 11:13am On May 13, 2017
Op u don't have to go outside of Nigeria to make it. If u must make it in life, u must start from where u are and that place is u. What can u do other than ur degree certificate. Nigeria as a country is replete with huge potentials and people are making it every day here from nothing to something. What most Nigerian youths lack is mentoring and self actualisation goals and principles. One huge potential Nigeria has is her hugemarket of over 180 million people. That is a market any entrepreneur will never ignore. That aside, Nigeria is also a land of untapped oportunities begging for investors. Pls look beyond the papers u have in ur hands as degree and put ur brain to work. If u study ur environment very well, u must be able to find a need u can fufill that will fetch u income. In making money, the information u have can be converted to money and u must not start with huge capital investment before u can make it big. Besides studies have shown that most businesses that became conglomerates started small and grew to become what they are today. U can start with as little as nothing and as much as 50k and above. I can give u over 10 businesses u can start with nothing or not more than 50k . When I mentor people, the first thing I do is to make them see potentials in them and around them. Then the next move is to show them how to exploit their potentials for profit. Emigrating can not solve the problem. change ur mind set.
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by ismart: 11:24am On May 13, 2017
Billyonaire:
OP, the best place to relocate to, is yourself. Yes.

There is no place that you will go to, that will be like the land of your birth. So, do this. Take stock of how much it will cost you to settle down and have a great life in any country of your choice and take exactly that cash to create yourself a little country where you are the President. Your Home. And Disconnect Emotionally, from the happenstances in Nigeria. View the happenings and comment on them as if it is foreign news. Generate your electricity from renewable source, produce your water and run your little country very smooth.

This is the ancient wisdom for today.
You never disappoint boss. Sometimes, I wish I could tap from your knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 11:27am On May 13, 2017
Princedapace:

Baba.. make we talk o.. about ur move..

Boss what do you wanna know about my move? Just ask ur questions here..
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by MeloJayEnt: 11:30am On May 13, 2017
warripekin:
Op u don't have to go outside of Nigeria to make it. If u must make it in life, u must start from where u are and that place is u. What can u do other than ur degree certificate. Nigeria as a country is replete with huge potentials and people are making it every day here from nothing to something. What most Nigerian youths lack is mentoring and self actualisation goals and principles. One huge potential Nigeria has is her hugemarket of over 180 million people. That is a market any entrepreneur will never ignore. That aside, Nigeria is also a land of untapped oportunities begging for investors. Pls look beyond the papers u have in ur hands as degree and put ur brain to work. If u study ur environment very well, u must be able to find a need u can fufill that will fetch u income. In making money, the information u have can be converted to money and u must not start with huge capital investment before u can make it big. Besides studies have shown that most businesses that became conglomerates started small and grew to become what they are today. U can start with as little as nothing and as much as 50k and above. I can give u over 10 businesses u can start with nothing or not more than 50k . When I mentor people, the first thing I do is to make them see potentials in them and around them. Then the next move is to show them how to exploit their potentials for profit. Emigrating can not solve the problem. change ur mind set.

Hello Sir,

Please were you the person that made this quote (below) too :

"I rather be a south Sudan learning the ropes, toothing my horns and getting it right at the end than being a failed nation like Nigeria where the powers that be has nothing to offer but are hell bent on maintaining the status quo."

I leave you to your conscience .

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by ODVanguard: 11:33am On May 13, 2017
Libya cool cheesy grin
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:33am On May 13, 2017
LePrezident:

OP, don't you want to go to Ethiopia so you can witness their alleged "racism" first hand and give emprical evidence?

Abeg leave those Ethiopians its serious inferiority complex that is killing them ... They have blacks like us and of course they are poor

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Ma2seater: 11:34am On May 13, 2017
Namibia, I think that's a very quiet country in Africa

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:35am On May 13, 2017
grandstar:

Your reply is full of ignorance. In Mali, there's civil war. It was later hijacked by Jihadist group forced France to wade in. That's just West Africa. Most African countries are poorer than a Nigeria. That's why we have millions of Malians, Nigeriens, Togolese, Beninoise, Ghanaians and Cameroonians calling Nigeria home

My dear if you visit most of these countries,Lagos alone can feed them

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:37am On May 13, 2017
I would relocate someday,probably a black English African country....cant stand another police man harass me again,or see military men treat civilians bad...something is just wrong with this country and it's affecting my value as being

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:40am On May 13, 2017
Ekeeyhandsome:

SA is a beautiful country minus the xenophobia ish,which happens once in a while and mostly in the location( usually that's where most South Africans lives)

I live in joburg,so I don't know much about other provinces... but from the little I know, jozi,is the business hub of SA, ...

Living standards here is on the average depending on what business u ar into,but social amenities re same wit what u see in Europe ...

But please while coming, come prepared, Cox life is never a bed of roses..

No sir. becasue even the black south Africans are not happy .forget the fact that blacks are at helm of afiars thecwhites control the economy ... Imagine also working on a same position and the white is paid more.
In some areas in s.a a black is not welcomed ..the black s.a are frustrated and depressed however someone somewhere is poisoning their minds that fellow blacks are the problems just so as to protect the actual enemy

Your case might b different but on average level ita not like that on s.a I actually even prefer,Senegal,Ghana benein and sao time

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Franky826: 11:41am On May 13, 2017
BornAgainMay:

brother, if you have no advice to give gerrrah, you can make it more when you leave this God frustrating country/Continent..

the fact you have connections to survive here doesn't mean we are all so lucky.

as I am talking to you, I just rounded up my NYSC and I am now applying for security job, bcoz after so many submission of cvs, I didn't get a call up bcoz I simply don't know anybody.

outside African boarder. you can get a job in as much you are qualified for it.

but who cares here? Abokis will continue to get highest quota in any endeavor here

lol you can only say these things cos you haven't traveled I guess, but bro haven't you thought the way you are also qualified for a job, there are also same indigenes of a country who qualified for same and yet they don't have it and I mean thousands of them! see it's same thing couple of places I've touched. same tribal sentiments, same political drama, same corruption, same...just name it.

our naija is blessed o just that things are mismanaged and it's disheartening.

There are nice biz ideas on the business forum here on Nairaland though. do check them out while you keep searching for jobs.

all the best

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:44am On May 13, 2017
nurshah:

My dear if you visit most of these countries,Lagos alone can feed them
But it's there electricity for citizens in Lagos....

Nigerian government is rich but there is no infrastructural implement for the people...is just the rich creating their own country with their money why the poor masses suffer...
If you are rich enough, Nigeria is good,u would probably create your own light and clean water and live and move around develop places.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:46am On May 13, 2017
lovelygurl:
Op South Africa, Egypt, Ghana etc are really cool countries

Which Egypt please a new one or the same one we all know? Guy abeg
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 13, 2017
ugohemma:

But it's there electricity for citizens in Lagos....

Nigerian government is rich but there is no infrastructural implement for the people...is just the rich creating their own country with their money why the poor masses suffer...
If you are rich enough, Nigeria is good,u would probably create your own light and clean water and live and move around develop places.

My dear am reffering to economy; potentials and opportunities and that's a fact .. This is why no matter what countries are aiming to do biz with Nigeria ....

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by BornAgainMay: 11:49am On May 13, 2017
Franky826:

lol you can only say these things cos you haven't traveled I guess, but bro haven't you thought the way you are also qualified for a job, there are also same indigenes of a country who qualified for same and yet they don't have it and I mean thousands of them! see it's same thing couple of places I've touched. same tribal sentiments, same political drama, same corruption, same...just name it.

our naija is blessed o just that things are mismanaged and it's disheartening.

There are nice biz ideas on the business forum here on Nairaland though. do check them out while you keep searching for jobs.

all the best

bro. if i have money for that, I have no need to go business forum bcoz I am an igbo man, I have hundreds of ideas in my head but will you give me the money?

I will return it with your own profit.

thanks in anticipation
Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:51am On May 13, 2017
Whatever you do, dont relocate to Cameroun. I have many Camerounian friends in US who changed my views about Nigeria. I used to think Nigeria is the worst place on earth until my friends convinced me otherwise. In Nigeria, as a graduate, you could get a temporary job like teaching in a private school until you land your dream job, but according to them there are no such jobs in Cameroun. You have to be extremely connected to have such jobs according to them. They also referenced NYSC this way; they said Nigerians are lucky because however bad, you get to earn something for a year. I reminded them its only a pittance, but they claim that's a lot in their country. I guess over 20 years of Paul Biya's 'treatment' could do that to a country.

Generally speaking, the size of economy of the whole of Africa with way more people could very well match the economy of one state, say California in US. Like somebody rightly pointed out, there are no jobs in Africa. If you must immigrate to other African countries, look at investment opportunities because of it's virgin market.

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by joinnow: 11:51am On May 13, 2017
Abudu2000:
For now the only country i can mention is gh.... Constant electricity,cheap commodities,good haven for business, etc..

Don't near Egypt if you are not a Muslim

But u forget to mention that 1indomie is 1000N
Lacaseral is 300N
Sachet water is 20N
Food is so so expensive
You barbe hair for 500-600N
Accommodation is expensive
Etc.
But if one can bone every every and hustle and save like 1mlm cedis send it to Nigeria it will be 100mlm Naira u can then invest in real estate in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by warripekin(m): 11:53am On May 13, 2017
Hello sir,
I made that statement based on Nigerias political landscape which is not promising in any way. Nigeria as an entity despite her myriad of political problem has a huge and untapped economic potential. I am one of those who believe that for the system to work, we must restructure our political and economic system other than the status quo we are observing presently. As bad as the situation is, people are still making it here big time and legitimately too. And yes, if those clomouring for secession wants out, I believe thay should be allowed to do so and that's where my south Sudan analogy came from. It has nothing what so ever to do with the discussion at stake. Thank you.

post=56480453:

Hello Sir,

Please were you the person that made this quote (below) too :

"I rather be a south Sudan learning the ropes, toothing my horns and getting it right at the end than being a failed nation like Nigeria where the powers that be has nothing to offer but are hell bent on maintaining the status quo."

I leave you to your conscience .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by almarthins(m): 11:54am On May 13, 2017
jjjjj2017:
Canada is the best African Country on earth

U this boy I have bn telling u stop taking ganja...now see what u have caused.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It? by jjjjj2017: 11:56am On May 13, 2017
almarthins:

[s]U this boy I have bn telling u stop taking ganja...now see what u have caused[/s].
ori lo n ba mi se, iba se p'eniyan a ti ru'ju tipe...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mexican Truck Carrying 107 US-bound Migrants Crashes. 54 Killed, Others Injured / Nigerian Man Yet To Be Located After Being Granted UK Residence Permit. Photo / What Is The Best Way To Get US Visiting Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.