Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! (17960 Views)

President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) / Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm / Gen. Gowon interviewed hours after surrender of Biafra; he blames Ojukwu for war (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Guk: 7:05am On Jan 12, 2010
Honestly, its not his conversation with BBC or whoever that matters to us now. What matters to Nigerians is for him to HONOURABLY handover to his V.P, take good time to recover his health and come back whenever to take over from his V.P.

Is that so much to ask for? With his current (in)action, he has lost credibility, he has lost respect & he has lost sympathy
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 12, 2010
Fl gators
all those write ups in the dailies are just speculation.i act only on intelligent journalism not speculative reporting!
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Fl gators
all those write ups in the dailies are just speculation.i act only on intelligent journalism not speculative reporting!
I was talking about you calling NL dummies because of the lil news they can get their hands on.
Everybody wants to know what's going on. . . . no matter where the news comes from undecided
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by rasputinn(m): 7:11am On Jan 12, 2010
[img][/img]

So GHOSTS speak afterall

Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by rasputinn(m): 7:12am On Jan 12, 2010
One day,just one day,all these charade will end,for the good to some(most Nigerians) and for the bad to some(Turai and the few hawks and parasites benefitting from this confusion and the inept administration of Yara selfish)

So "mr President" why not do the wise thing NOW,help yourself;resign and leave Aso Rock on foot so you don't leave in a box
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Robertpapi: 7:13am On Jan 12, 2010
No2Atheism:

Historical marriage and antecedents of the British helping the North to rule Nigeria makes me highly sceptical of all this Yar-Adua Audio . . .

If he can talk to BBC why not Nigerians . . .

Why not a Video report showing him live . . .

British Intelligence are not that silly . . .

Can the British Intelligence please trace the call and tell us where the call is emanating from exactly. . . so that we can know where Yar-Adua is really . . . since they are claiming that its Yar-Adua.

Why did BBC get an interview a day before the planned protest march . . .

---------------------------------

See where am I going with this . . .

Men am feeling you on this point oh! And seriously there is alot of hidden agenda going on plus the embarrassing fact that his advicers (especially his wife) has refused him from resigning.

I heard from an inside source a month ago that he was in coma, so folks take every news "with a pint of salt"
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by sammyzacks(m): 7:27am On Jan 12, 2010
This is absolutely rubbish. Why has he not considered it fit ti speakk to us before now. And now that he "spoke" he does so

1. by telephone: which can be faked
2. to foreigners: a disrespect to his country
3. A day before the determination of his fate
4. He did not say anything new from the old lies we have been fed with all along.

My bet is that there is a serious conspiracy by the kitchen "devils" to bring Nigeria down. They are willing to go to any length to achieve their result. They fake telephone calls to Jonathan, Bankole , Mark and now the BBC.

Let me tell them that we are better than that, we want Jonathan to carry go, so we can make progress. The National assembly now have an opportunity to make history just like they did with the third term agenda.

I am going to pry to God to scatter all enemies of Nigeria TODAY!
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by solajacobs(m): 7:32am On Jan 12, 2010
nigeria is sick. this is the best deception of this century
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by altavista(m): 7:35am On Jan 12, 2010
? ? . . .
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by rasputinn(m): 7:36am On Jan 12, 2010
Robertpapi:

Men am feeling you on this point oh! And seriously there is alot of hidden agenda going on plus the embarrassing fact that his advicers (especially his wife) has refused him from resigning.

I heard from an inside source a month ago that he was in coma, so folks take every news "with a pint of salt"

You might have a point there
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by rasputinn(m): 7:37am On Jan 12, 2010
altavista:

God please answer my prayers & let this man die.

You just voiced the silent prayer of tens of millions of Nigerians,I like people who don't pretend
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by montelik(m): 7:37am On Jan 12, 2010
Whether this is true or not, it shows not just the lack of respect for the people they serve, but the wastefulness and inefficiency of our elected leaders. Even if he didn't want to talk to AIT or Channels and other local outlets, why not NTA. Why is the national broadcaster who are run by the government (i.e Nigerian taxpayers money) not an appropriate medium to speak to the nation. Why all the investment in O.B vans, state of the art equipment and network expansion if the president refuses to speak with the broadcast network we are paying for. If Yaradua does not see the value of using our own national broadcaster NTA to address Nigerians, then why are we spending all this money on it. I can just imagine Obama making an important radio statement and rather than using Voice of America (VOA), he decides to go with the Radio France.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by OgidiBoy(m): 7:40am On Jan 12, 2010
I maybe wrong, but it seems like many here are hoping for the poor man to die. The man is doing his best, Nigeria s a very difficult country to Govern shocked shocked
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by nich(m): 7:41am On Jan 12, 2010
when did this 'interview' take place? the referenced source did not state that.
are we supposed to assume that the interview was via telephone?

anyway, i wish him speedy recovery. afterall, he's still a husband, father & grandfather.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by nich(m): 7:43am On Jan 12, 2010
montelik:

Whether this is true or not, it shows not just the lack of respect for the people they serve, but the wastefulness and inefficiency of our elected leaders. Even if he didn't want to talk to AIT or Channels and other local outlets, why not NTA. Why is the national broadcaster who are run by the government (i.e Nigerian taxpayers money) not an appropriate medium to speak to the nation. Why all the investment in O.B vans, state of the art equipment and network expansion if the president refuses to speak with the broadcast network we are paying for. If Yaradua does not see the value of using our own national broadcaster NTA to address Nigerians, then why are we spending all this money on it. I can just imagine Obama making an important radio statement and rather than using Voice of America (VOA), he decides to go with the Radio France.

three! good points made.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 12, 2010
OgidiBoy:

I maybe wrong, but it seems like many here are hoping for the poor man to die. The man is doing his best, Nigeria s a very difficult country to Govern shocked shocked
Are you okay??
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Remii(m): 7:46am On Jan 12, 2010
I wish him complete recovery, to the glory of God. I wish also that he would learn from reactions during his absence and complete his term better than he has ruled so far.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by slap1(m): 7:47am On Jan 12, 2010
We need some video footages, even if it's five seconds, of our president! He can't look more worse than he had been.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 12, 2010
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please let us stop wasting our energy over this "small" issue. I mean Yar'adua and his presidency. Yar'adua is just like a small dot in the whole map. The man is not the problem! The problem is the fraudulent system that produced him. We should stop behaving like the proverbial chicken which instead of "bending its neck for the knife that killed it, was bending it for the port".

Whether Yar'adua is dead or alive, what different does it make?
Whether he comes back with the strenght of a lion to continue or he comes back to hand over to Jonathan, what different will it make?

INEC will still be a pawn in the hands of the opressors and election rigging will continue.
Looting will continue at the Federal, State and Local Govt levels.
Dora will still mis-inform us (does she even know which is which?)
Police brutality and extortion will continue.
The Jihardists will continue their terrorism in the North.
The likes of IBB, OBJ, Buhari and all other tyrants will still continue to decide for us (including who becomes governor of Anambra State).
Ibori will still be free while Ribadu will still be on the run.
NTA will continue to tell lies.
AIT will still be persecuted.

If we are concerned, then it is time to restructure Nigeria!
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by oduamine: 7:51am On Jan 12, 2010
The president is dead,he lost his voice now he spoke to bbc,he as a brain damage how did he knw wat was going on in his surrondings not 2 talk of nigeria
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by NosaHenry(m): 7:51am On Jan 12, 2010
I don't think anybody is wishing him dead, just that he should do the right thing. Handover to Goodluck while he takes care of his health. God save Nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Remii(m): 7:53am On Jan 12, 2010
OgidiBoy:

FL Gators:

Are you okay??

FL Gators, you may not agree the OgidiBoy, but I must tell you YarAdua is not the worst President we have had. He may not have the charisma or loudnes like some before him.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 12, 2010
Remii:

FL Gators, you may not agree the OgidiBoy, but I must tell you YarAdua is not the worst President we have had. He may not have the charisma or loudnes like some before him.

What has yara done?

let's not judge him by past residents, let's judge him by his 7-points plan
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by emans(m): 7:58am On Jan 12, 2010
i refuse to be fooled in jesus name
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by GoldCircle: 7:59am On Jan 12, 2010
Shame to Bad people!!

Ride on Baba Go-Slow! The cat with Nine lives. . . tongue tongue tongue
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by nonnyno(m): 8:01am On Jan 12, 2010
when will all these drama end? Even if Yar'adua is still alive and recovering, he still remains incapacitated and inactive. A president that has been away from the country for almost 2months now on health ground and has been conspicuously ill, is not fit for a country like Nigeria. Imagine the huge harm his absence and ill-health is causing this country. If not for the selfishness of the notherners and the insincerity of our leader, has this not gotten to a stage where Goodluck will be asked to take over the affairs of this country? Fidel castro handed over to Raul in a similar circumstance. So, what is happening to Nigeria?
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by emans(m): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2010
if the poor man is still alive,make them bring am come naija,make we give am agbo
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 12, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Sharap dia! angry

@topic

What difference will it make if he's alive, dead or if Jonathan takes over.
Bunch of lilly livered corrupt cowardly Nigerians!
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by edoyad(m): 8:07am On Jan 12, 2010
I just heard Yaradua just speak on Ray Power 100 (recording) wishing super eagles success in Angola. angry Sykes !! I kind of wanted his death to be true, well good luck super eagles undecided
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by otawa: 8:08am On Jan 12, 2010
For Yaradua to talk to BBC instead of NIGERIAN Press, he should be sacked immediately!

I wonder if he belongs to  BBC  or Nigerian.

This is how we always rubbish our own media and promote foreign ones. colomentality

His primary constituency is NIGERIA.

He should invite Thisday, Guardian, Channels, NTA to his hospital bed and they talk to them.

And let BBC quote Nigerian media!

This man holds NIGERIA and Nigerians in comtempt.

what a pack of nonsense, anyway how do we know it was Yaradua on the phone??

HISSS
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Riodiao(m): 8:11am On Jan 12, 2010
Just listened to d interview rite now on my mobile phone. I tink they use d bbc to authenticate d news coz many would doubt d nta (coz only lies come out 4rm there). Abt d interview, he sounded lyke some1 in a very terrible pain as if he has few hrs to live. And he talkd as if he was reading a script which makes me tink even if he's alive ,he's badly brain damaged. I urge those going to protest to ask 4 his resignation. He's too sick to lead us
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by koolpal(m): 8:11am On Jan 12, 2010
Bunch of rouges Muttalabbing us, God will deliver us from them, we are tired of lies, deceit,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Has Sleepless Nights Over Unemployment In Nigeria / Shittu Suspends Peter Jack, NITDA Boss Over “Misconduct” / Apc’s Rally In Abia State: Waste Of Financial Resources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.