Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:19 AM

Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard (36505 Views)

Enugu Govt Approves Over N2.4 Billion For Roads, Schools, Other Projects / FEC Okays N310b For Roads Projects / Kano Commissions Automated Street Sweeper For Roads In The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Rick9(m): 2:59am On May 16, 2017
Good Governor pls oh Benin Auchi Road need urgent attention oh. Esp at Ekpoma intact the road need some maintenance. Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by greatermax77(m): 4:49am On May 16, 2017
Engr David Umanyi of Ebonyi State started it in 2015
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by UnimkeAk(m): 5:03am On May 16, 2017
royallord1:
unfortunately concrete road isnt smooth to ride on... the vibrations is very annoying... plus it takes longer to construct...
so we are practically exchanging smooth coal tar roads for supposedly long lasting concrete uneven roads... ps... who says coal tar aren't longlasting
i have seen coal tar roads dat have stood the test of time.. check ogbemudia roads built in the same benin... over 30 years still smooth and firm...

I doubt the concrete road built by these states government would outlive one wet and dry season.(with the pictures i saw in abia, about 8cm thick, no dowel or reinforcements for expansion and contraction, with the concrete laid on just compacted laterite)
Its not all about pouring concrete and singing concrete roads. ..would the govt ensure that proper stabilization to achieve maximum strength of the subbases wer this concrete would be poured are carried out deligently.
Jst a little settlement and it is cracking galore
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by royallord1(m): 6:49am On May 16, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Those Ogbemudia roads are concrete oh! Pure concrete! Maybe they just laid asphalt on top the concrete! Those roads no dey get pothole even 40 years after construction!
hhahahahaa.. they are purely asphalt roads... built to specification... the asphalt are so thick and super strong
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by donbrowser(m): 7:17am On May 16, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Obaseki is a financial wizkid! Funnily he has barely spent money on all the projects he is executing!

Dangote is basically providing the cement for the concrete. Once it's proven that this can work, the plan is to use the huge deposits of limestone in Edo state to make cement for the construction of over 3000km of road within the next 4 years.

For the Agriculture program he just launched which opens up over 5000 hectares of land for interested farmers, the state does the land clearing with existing equipments, while a private sector entity, Saro Agrosciences provides the inputs and the individual farmers provide the labor.

He basically uses leverage to achieve a lot!
Thanks for educating me. So what was Oshiomole doing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Odumanudo: 9:58am On May 16, 2017
Gov. Obaseki started well. He seems to be prudent and transparent in his dealings with Edo State's finances. Concrete roads are new in Nigeria. Let wait and see how the innovation works out.
Every level of government in Nigeria should adopt openness and transparency in handling the affairs of state.
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by ambyzown(m): 10:11am On May 16, 2017
BankManager:
All this long write up with no single picture to back it up?? I was in Benin ciTy last week and I tell you, that man called OBASEKI has NOTHING to offer... The only thing he did was to DEMOLISH some parts of ring road again..
#smh for the people we call governors in Nigeria sha and how we so much celebrate mediocrity..

Like seriously? Are you sure it was Benin you came to? Those of us who live in Benin know better.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by evansjeff(m): 11:06pm On May 16, 2017
BankManager:
All this long write up with no single picture to back it up?? I was in Benin ciTy last week and I tell you, that man called OBASEKI has NOTHING to offer... The only thing he did was to DEMOLISH some parts of ring road again..
#smh for the people we call governors in Nigeria sha and how we so much celebrate mediocrity..
so you're still so much pained by the loss of the election, get over it bro...at least to prevent heart attack
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Dzennifer(f): 10:10pm On May 22, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Hiking is good for your health!! It helps us loose excess fat and look great in return! Mobil to Ring road is not far like that naa
It's far o. but I'm now used to it. what can one do but exercise away

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 22, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Obaseki would be the best Governor Nigeria has witnessed in a while.
Edo State is in for a good ride!!
Everything from roads, education, agriculture is getting a lift!

I don't care jack about APC, actually dislike them, but I must say that Ambode and Obaseki are the best governorship materials in Nigeria!
Funniest thing is that they had worked in the private sector
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 22, 2017
viktagorion:
Pastor Eze Iyamu would have done better. angry
Make DAT one go rest abeg. Even the oba of Bini don tell am to give up
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by PapaBrowne(m): 9:05am On May 23, 2017
Dzennifer:

It's far o. but I'm now used to it. what can one do but exercise away

Thats Kool. The amount of people I see trekking these days, I hope the sidewalks dont begin to develop potholes.
At least it has made ring road free of that insane traffic!

I think Edo is in for a wonderful ride with Obaseki!
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Dzennifer(f): 12:39pm On May 27, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Thats Kool. The amount of people I see trekking these days, I hope the sidewalks dont begin to develop potholes.
At least it has made ring road free of that insane traffic!

I think Edo is in for a wonderful ride with Obaseki!
Maybe maybe not. Thank God you've seen the trekking so it's no joke. Ring road may be free of traffic. But it means the traffic has been pushed to where the buses now 'load'. It's like a win-lose. No traffic in ring road but insane traffic at mobil. Then pedestrians almost nomads. He's doing well, hopefully he has a good plan for the traders who lost their "shops". And parks at the right places. Needs to strategize

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Donations At Aisha Buhari’s Book Launch: N30m From Dangote, N20m From Tinubu / "Hope They Won't Say Danjuma Keeps 'Looted' Billions In His Borehole" - Fayose / Preliminary Investigation Report On Tolulope Arotile's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.