Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,219 members, 7,860,390 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:22 AM

Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? (643 Views)

48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / 5 Privileges Ugly Girls Have (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2010
Does it still make sense to talk about right, duty, wish and command when relationships are concerned?

Is everything we get from our partners a privilege granted to us because they love us?

If they didn't love us, could we still claim rights and duties? (especially in marriage)
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by cliffy: 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2010
This is a free world, love doesn't make you not to do what you should do , it is left for you to be on the right track all the time.

www.youridealguyorlady.
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 12, 2010
You know you are spamming the forum with your link, right?

- You may not post a link or an advert or any topic more than once

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by Nautillus(m): 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2010
^^^^These "Spamers" are like roaches. . .lol . . .The more you delete them. . .the more they multiply grin
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by Freiburger(m): 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2010
The difference btw pridvileges and Right should be identified here. i will say it a right but a pridviledge when it comes to the choice.
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2010
Rights and privileges comes into play only after a ring is on it as far as I am concerned grin
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by puskin: 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2010
^ U can say that for urself. shocked shocked
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2010
Whats wrong with that? grin
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Rights and privileges comes into play only after a ring is on it as far as I am concerned grin
Spoken like a pro cheesy

@OP
I'd expect my boyfriend to feel the same too, it's a two way thing wink
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by puskin: 10:29pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Whats wrong with that? grin

Hw do U expect a ring to come on it when he ain't playing the rights & priviledges thingy wen U guys are dating.
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
puskin:

Hw do U expect a ring to come on it when he ain't playing the rights & priviledges thingy wen U guys are dating.
Oh I get it now. Well what I said was for myself grin grin Maybe a little extreme grin
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by puskin: 10:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
mMm. . . . .but don't go feeding 'em ideas into some innocent gal's head
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2010
Like I said it was a little extreme obviously they will get some rights and privileges, 40% tops before the ring is on it grin grin

"Disclaimer, this is obviously not how I think im just having fun with it" grin grin
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by spikedcylinder: 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
michelin89:

Does it still make sense to talk about right, duty, wish and command when relationships are concerned?

Yes, it does make sense depending on the kind of relationship though. Symbiotic, parasitic etc.

michelin89:

Is everything we get from our partners a privilege granted to us because they love us?

Yes, a privilege which many have the liberty of taking for granted.

michelin89:

If they didn't love us, could we still claim rights and duties? (especially in marriage)

I think you need to simulate a scenario here for better understanding.
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by TOPE20001(f): 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2010
Like ibkaye said . . . its a 2-way thing.
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by deji2009(m): 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Yes, it does make sense depending on the kind of relationship though. Symbiotic, parasitic etc.

Yes, a privilege which many have the liberty of taking for granted.

I think you need to simulate a scenario here for better understanding.

spikedcylinder, quite an age. long time no read. Happy new yr.

wink
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by puskin: 11:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Like I said it was a little extreme obviously they will get some rights and privileges, 40% tops before the ring is on it grin grin

"Disclaimer, this is obviously not how I think im just having fun with it" grin grin

mMm. , . . . I tot as much
Re: Relationships: Privileges Or Rights? by henryhemon(m): 2:40pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ebony eyes,
You are surprised at puskin's reply?95 percent of Nigerian women think its a right,have heard some women say they can't date someone when they can't get things from men.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Relationship Last Long! / I Can't Go Out With My Friend: (ladies) Very Dumb. / Any Ideas On Stores That Delivers Flowers And Stuff:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.