Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children (28269 Views)

Different Types Of Nigerian Mothers (MEME COLLECTION) / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by fullstreets: 7:04am On May 16, 2017
Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by Nobody: 7:05am On May 16, 2017
xwin:
Meaning you're from Ghana. wink
I'm a Nigerian... my mum is just too gentle.
Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by Benitogucci(m): 7:06am On May 16, 2017
Mine is early morning drilling. I go don think say I don escape oo but she go wake me around 6 am drill me come give me food chop. I love that woman.

1 Like

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by mikool007(m): 7:07am On May 16, 2017
You can't escape that slap even if d vistiors spend one year with you dat slap will be in ur account balance grin

10 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by nonxo007(m): 7:07am On May 16, 2017
The pep talk though, one can go through several hours of pep talk and funny enough your contribution isn't needed, infact it becomes a crime to contribute.... I know how I usually dodge senses leading to pep talks with my mum...but altogether its for the best..

3 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by xwin(m): 7:08am On May 16, 2017
Tiny23:

I'm a Nigerian... my mum is just too gentle.
Iffahear.. shocked

2 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by lanre316: 7:12am On May 16, 2017
What of mothers shouting and calling you from very far away in the house only to come and change TV station using a remote control sitting right in front of her. Mothers. Gotta love them.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by Sunnybabe(m): 7:15am On May 16, 2017
AyamConfidence:

grin grin grin

The pain, the sadness, the feeling of betrayal
walahi, Nigerian mum gat no chill in that aspect at all, dem no go even look your face
Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by ipreach: 7:16am On May 16, 2017
op, your mother was/is a mean woman
Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by klarke(m): 7:23am On May 16, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by columbus007(m): 7:27am On May 16, 2017
AyamConfidence:
When your mum borrows that money you have been saving to buy gameboy with and when you ask her she says "all the food you have been eating in this house, how much have you paid?"
Lol cheesy mehn e be like say u live for my house guy cheesy,dis one na reality.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by guychidile: 7:29am On May 16, 2017
pep talk is by the caring mums oo!
Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by Nobody: 7:32am On May 16, 2017
xwin:
Iffahear.. shocked
Whatever,suit you
Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by ajepako(f): 7:32am On May 16, 2017
Chai.... Mama Titi own Na omorogun ( turn garri spoon)

Offend my mom and you go chop omorogun or slippers for back..

And she no dey miss....

Kudos to mama Titi of life....
grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by AyamConfidence(m): 7:34am On May 16, 2017
columbus007:
Lol cheesy mehn e be like say u live for my house guy cheesy,dis one na reality.
anybody wey no experience this one na buti

My mama do am to me tire

1 Like

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by enimooko: 7:35am On May 16, 2017
My mum is watching me from heaven. I dare not expose her.

8 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by Ego2(f): 7:35am On May 16, 2017
mums

10 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by Nobody: 7:36am On May 16, 2017
SealTeam6:
I came home during a break from my NYSC one day...my mum wanted to buy card to subscribe, but she could not get card her Etisalat card in the neighborhood cos it was sunday. So I volunteered to use my Skye bank for her upon the agreement that she will give me the cash. After I had helped her recharge 1000 naira Etisalat... She came back 2 minutes later that I should help her recharge another 1k that she need to call somebody making 2k that she will return to me in cash that evening...foolish me I agreed !
O boy...later that evening I asked her for my money, na so she started the story of my life right from when she give birth to me to when she sent me to Unilorin. Mehn, I just give up.
E pain me gan...but I learnt my lesson : NEVER EVER BORROW YOUR MUM MONEY THAT YOU CANNOT FORGET.

Shout out to all single mum out there...my mum with just her miserable civil servant salary single handedly train 3 of us up to University. God pls...let this woman be my mother again in the next life and the next and the next.
u done enter ooo. Lol.. My mama own be say I go collect the first ooo. If not buy buy is your name

1 Like

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by Nobody: 7:37am On May 16, 2017
enimooko:
My mum is watching me from heaven. I dare not expose her.
talk jare.. She will be happy to know that her memory lives on.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by columbus007(m): 7:38am On May 16, 2017
My mum during my uni days,anytime I visit home and i'am like let me take a stroll mum would be like son it's too late and dangerous,bt for my mind i'm like schl and house which is more dangerous cheesy,i so love my mum,and even if I go i won't be settled I av to go back to make her happy.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by curvilicious: 7:41am On May 16, 2017
Chai! No 2&3 cry cry cry
Moms are epic cheesy
Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by UTEWUOJO: 7:44am On May 16, 2017
Indomie generations would not understand.

1 Like

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by Bigsteveg(m): 7:49am On May 16, 2017
Under no circumstances should a mother or father ever deny their child food. Its a wrong way to pass a message across
dammy13:
Nigerian mothers are special. This is because there are so many unique things about them. One of which is the way they make conversation with their children. In line with this, Jumia Travel , the leading online travel agency shares hilarious ways Nigerian mothers interact with their children. Mind you, we love our mothers!

Rolling of the eyes

Your mum has visitors. You do not need to be told to leave. However, some kids stay to listen to their conversation. Trust mothers, the way they will roll their eyes, it is a sign that you should leave. If you do not get the signal and you are close to her, she will pinch you. By then, a clear message has been sent! If you still refuse, you will definitely receive a dirty slap from your mum after her visitors have left.

Hot slap

She has been warning you to stop being naughty but you did not listen. She said the same thing repeatedly and no changes. When she becomes frustrated, the next thing is her five fingers on your cheek. That should retune your brain temporarily.

Caning while sleeping

You went to play football when you were supposed to deliver a message for her or you lost money because you were too playful. You would think she has forgiven you. But alas! She has not. In the night while you are sleeping, she will come for you with her bare hands

Promise to buy them something just to getaway

A child is crying and your mother is going to work, she will promise the child sweets and biscuits. This is in a bid for her to getaway. Of course, they will buy the sweets and biscuits for you when they return.

[b]Food denial

If your mum does not want to have a conversation with you through the aforementioned, she will punish you by simply denying you food. The most painful food denial is dinner. You have to go to bed empty.[/b]

The pep talk

This is the real conversation and many consider this as the most excruciating. The pep talk can go for over an hour. She tells you all your life history and the need for you to accept God and change. You will even give prefer them to flog you so that you can leave.

http://fabinfos.com/6-hilarious-ways-nigerian-mothers-make-conversation-children/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by Federov(m): 7:52am On May 16, 2017
Mama u too much
Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by BizBayo: 7:53am On May 16, 2017
mikool007:
You can't escape that slap even if d vistiors spend one year with you dat slap will be in ur account balance grin

On the debit side hahahahha grin
Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by cutesimplycalm(f): 8:02am On May 16, 2017
My mum never denied me of fud cos its really bad it prompts some kids to start stealing wen d hunger becomes unbearable. Also my mum never beats while we r asleep she would rather beat u during d day nd u dare nt run away while shez doing dat. All d same i love my mum cos all this made us grow to become a better person
Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by Iseoluwani: 8:03am On May 16, 2017
SealTeam6:
*Modified*
I came home during a break from my NYSC one day...my mum wanted to buy card to subscribe, but she could not get card her Etisalat card in the neighborhood cos it was sunday. So I volunteered to use my Skye bank for her upon the agreement that she will give me the cash. After I had helped her recharge 1000 naira Etisalat... She came back 2 minutes later that I should help her recharge another 1k that she need to call somebody making 2k that she will return to me in cash that evening...foolish me I agreed !
O boy...later that evening I asked her for my money, na so she started the story of my life right from when she give birth to me to when she sent me to Unilorin. Mehn, I just give up.
E pain me gan...but I learnt my lesson : NEVER EVER BORROW YOUR MUM MONEY THAT YOU CANNOT FORGET.

Shout out to all single mum out there...my mum with just her miserable civil servant salary single handedly train the 3 of us up to University. And even collected all her life savings to send our biggest bro Abroad to complete his professional course. God pls...let this woman be my mother again in the next life and the next and the next. kiss

so touched
but on my stead, my father sold his land so I can finish ss1-3 when he lost his job, even though we do fight, he loves me and can sacrifice anything for me

6 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by AustineCJ: 8:03am On May 16, 2017
1.I didn't kill my own mother so you will not kill me.
2.If I hear wii from you,you go hear whyn.
3.Why won't I drink water n drop cup in peace 4u.
4.All those your friends how many of them have visited you in these house??my friend go inside.
5.Mum am hungry,Smiles come and eat me.
6.Mum I need money,come and sell me foolish boy your mates de work already.
7.Wake late in the morning she will remind you there's no food for a lazy man.
8The worst na when you write n fail jamb my brothers n sisters your case is different, she will torment you every morning with your jamb score.

12 Likes

Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by KingRex1(m): 8:08am On May 16, 2017
Ego2:
mums
Haha grin.. Can so relate
Re: 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children by lonelydora: 8:08am On May 16, 2017
One thing I love my mother is they she wasn't using food denial as a form of punishment, no matter the offence committed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

White Men Are Better Than Black Men! / Why Do Some Women Get Pregnant After Family Planning? / Why I Do Not Want To Have Babies After Two Years Of Marriage - Lady Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.