Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children (24429 Views)

Kenya Student Develops Solar-powered Car(Photos) / 9-Year-Old Emmanuelle Oziofu Develops A Food Website (Photo) / Tobi Ayanwoye Develops Alarm Footmat, Solar-Powered Mower & Grinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by PBundles(m): 12:14pm On May 17, 2017
Nice but, um maybe Im misssing something but if the kid has the phone cant he simply call where he/she is? Most phones have a locator app ( Google) on it.
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by death2Ndigbo: 12:14pm On May 17, 2017
This why we hate afonja with passion,why can't they slow this good news down for us to catch them up,selfish afonja always appear on news with good things.my ndigbo brother let's leave this afonja alone and face our potopoto land.we must develop brown roof with white powder either afonja like it or not
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Psoul(m): 12:45pm On May 17, 2017
SirWere:
Err this is good but did she take note that most of these apps require background data and Nigerians HATE that ish grin grin

Also how technologically advanced are the kids she's building these for? Can a 9 year old fully understand android usage

All the same, welcome development.

At that age, my priority was stealing meat without being caught embarassed sad grin

Like u are so much attached to backwardness that u don't see any possibility of liberation coming soon. Here, you were told a 12yr old girl developed the app and u are asking if a 9yr old child will be able to use it.
Start on time in training your children on how you want them to be and u will be surprised at what they will.
My 4yr old child can operate computer to a certain level. Give her a smart phone and see what she will do wt it. She will manipulate some apps to ur bewilderment.

1 Like

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Holyfield1(m): 1:10pm On May 17, 2017
jtjohn:
Why are u behaving like a toddler........Racism has eaten deep into ur brain.....before u quote me or start ranting like a toothless bull dog....i'm from the South South.My Advice for u is always be conscious of the words u use, because words spoken cannot be Retrieve back. Thanks and Remain bless.
You see, It's in their blood grin

1 Like

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Burgerlomo: 1:15pm On May 17, 2017
Good job girl
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by chronique(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2017
Donnyboy:
Please guys check out the trailer of My Short film BORDER... I Shot it with a phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay2W82ii2-o&itct=CAoQpDAYASITCKbr5a2n3NMCFZ6QVQod%3D%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google

Nice one.
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 17, 2017
Psoul:

Like u are so much attached to backwardness that u don't see any possibility of liberation coming soon. Here, you were told a 12yr old girl developed the app and u are asking if a 9yr old child will be able to use it.
Start on time in training your children on how you want them to be and u will be surprised at what they will.
My 4yr old child can operate computer to a certain level. Give her a smart phone and see what she will do wt it. She will manipulate some apps to ur bewilderment.

So because I pointed out that the technical knowhow might be a bit advanced for kids, I'm "backward"

Sense indeed eludes some people
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 17, 2017
factwriter:

I was going to land on you so hard (Nairaland style) that you wouldn't have felt anything till you'r mashed into a pulp.

My Seven year old navigates like a pro on any Android phone while he currently attends a public school. It's all about parenting and early technological orientations.

All kids are born equal.
please don't underestimate the average Nigerian kid.

Now considering what you said about your priority as a teen, well I guess you deserve a smile and not a bash.

Lol.

Pseudo bashers everywhere.

please note where in my post, I said or implied inequality of kids.

What is wrong with you folks??
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by chiraqDemon(m): 3:29pm On May 17, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Result of the Coding for children in Lagos exercise paying off.
Wish they would include basic programming and coding in our primary and sec school curriculum. It woild help a lot.
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Psoul(m): 3:54pm On May 17, 2017
SirWere:

So because I pointed out that the technical knowhow might be a bit advanced for kids, I'm "backward"

Sense indeed eludes some people

Yeah...as you can see that u are not making any reasonable point wt that comment. U were more interested in condemning the feat of that little kid. If it was to be ur daughter, would you have make that morale damping comment.

If that little kid was able to develop that App at 12, it means she started early in life. She may have understood the workability of other computer related operations, probably from age 4 or thereabout.

Check out the real whites and see a child of two years doing what a man of 35yrs do not even kw how to do. Before now, we never believed that a child can start going to school at the age of one. We believed a child starts school after crossing 6yrs. Ppl that beliv that a baby of 1yr can be sent to sch did it and they are reaping the benefit. So stop getting stucked to backwardness.
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by holluphemydavid(m): 4:37pm On May 17, 2017
wow pride of her fam
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by olureignforever: 4:45pm On May 17, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Tomisin Ogunnubi, developed an app at the age of 12.

Now this is what we call development here in the west and not peddling drugs or selling fanyogo upandan.

Omoluabi

Chai,must you tribalise everything. The fact remains that she's a Nigerian. If you have objection, locate the nearest lagoon.
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Omofunaab2: 5:15pm On May 17, 2017
olureignforever:

Chai,must you tribalise everything. The fact remains that she's a Nigerian. If you have objection, locate the nearest lagoon.

No be u go mak me chop ban. Just carry ur wahala dey go

2 Likes

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by APCmyheart(m): 5:23pm On May 17, 2017
Fulmigati:

Stop embarrassing yourselves. T[b]his girl repackaged Google maps[/b] and you're acting like this is the second coming of Nikola Tesla. Chinedu Echeruo sold his app development company, hopstop to apple for a billion dollars. You region hasn't produced anyone like that. Just meaningless noise and propaganda

At bold really? That's good them but mind you some people of his age from one certain region an repackaging Pablo escobar's drug cartel..
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by GreatManBee: 6:27pm On May 17, 2017
Donnyboy:
Please guys check out the trailer of My Short film BORDER... I Shot it with a phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay2W82ii2-o&itct=CAoQpDAYASITCKbr5a2n3NMCFZ6QVQod%3D%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google

Nice job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 17, 2017
Psoul:

Yeah...as you can see that u are not making any reasonable point wt that comment. U were more interested in condemning the feat of that little kid. If it was to be ur daughter, would you have make that morale damping comment.

If that little kid was able to develop that App at 12, it means she started early in life. She may have understood the workability of other computer related operations, probably from age 4 or thereabout.

Check out the real whites and see a child of two years doing what a man of 35yrs do not even kw how to do. Before now, we never believed that a child can start going to school at the age of one. We believed a child starts school after crossing 6yrs. Ppl that beliv that a baby of 1yr can be sent to sch did it and they are reaping the benefit. So stop getting stucked to backwardness.

With such pitiful command of English, such rambling incoherence, such unordered thinking, one regrets trying to converse with you.

Work on your reasoning skills and have a nice life. Trying to reason with you will be like pouring water into a basket.
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Psoul(m): 5:58am On May 18, 2017
SirWere:

With such pitiful command of English, such rambling incoherence, such unordered thinking, one regrets trying to converse with you.

Work on your reasoning skills and have a nice life. Trying to reason with you will be like pouring water into a basket.

Ppl like u hardly learn and they are stagnant in life. Put my grammar side by side wt urs and my line of argument side by side wt urs and compare to see how miserable u are. But I'm sure you won't see anything wrong wt urs cos you are not open to learn more than ur archaic mentality.
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Konquest: 11:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Meet The 12 Year Old Nigerian Who Created An App To Help Lost Children

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2017/01/nigerian-12-year-old-creates-location-app-to-help-lost-children/

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
Nice app... Nice post!
Re: Tomisin Jasmin Ogunnubi Develops My Locator App To Help Lost Children by Horus(m): 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVYjjUhjIh4

Meet 14 year old App creator with 16 awards | Tomisin Ogunnubi

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father / What Nigeria Is Losing For Killing Mountain Gorillas – Expert / Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.