Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,309 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN (4717 Views)

Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website / List Of Countries The Southeast Is Bigger Than. / Since The Southeast Is More Developed Than The Southwest, What Yorubas Must Do (2) (3) (4)

Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by Abagworo(m): 11:05am On May 17, 2017
http://punchng.com/seast-safest-place-live-says-un/

S’East is safest place to live, says UN

Eniola Akinkuotu

The United Nations Development Programme has named South-East Nigeria as the most human security secure geopolitical zone in Nigeria.

This is contained in the National Human Development Report for Nigeria, 2016.

The report adds that Abuja, which is the Federal Capital Territory, is the safest city to live in Nigeria as it ranks low in the Human Security Index

The UNDP defined Human Security as safety from chronic threats such as hunger, disease and repression as well as protection from sudden and harmful disruptions in patterns of daily life whether in homes, jobs or communities.

The Economic Adviser, UNDP Nigeria, Mr. Ojijo Odhiambo, said at the launching of the report in Abuja on Friday that the North-East and the North-West remain the most affected areas in Nigeria

The report adds, “The report further highlights the existing gap in human security across the geopolitical zones of the country; – the most human security secure geopolitical zone is the South-East while the North-West and the North-East geopolitical zones are the least human security secured, with residents of the Federal Capital Territory being the worst in most realms of the Human Security Index.

“The North-East region of the country has been the most affected by the more than five-yearlong military insurgency. It also remains among the least developed parts of the country.”

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by Flatties: 11:09am On May 17, 2017
Thanks to buratai

And python dance

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by aloziedaya(m): 11:10am On May 17, 2017
Even Jesus found safety in the east. Wisdom is also found in the east.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by MXrep: 11:16am On May 17, 2017
our "accommodating hosts" brothers should see this.

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by nc201016(m): 11:18am On May 17, 2017
no where is too safe on earth
Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by Jabioro: 11:22am On May 17, 2017
The like notorious kidnappers resided in yeast side of Nigeria..
Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by emmalexabl(m): 11:24am On May 17, 2017
This is a welcomed development!!

The present igbo leaders and youths are now wiser...

I know Ewedus will develop heart attack after reading this good news
.. cheesy

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by Igboesika: 11:26am On May 17, 2017
God bless Igbo Nation

That thing below me is a Yoruba Muslim, don't look at his miserable moniker. This is one of their strategies...to bring disharmony among brothers. Take him serious at your own peril.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by nonsobaba: 11:31am On May 17, 2017
I think the report was based mainly on the security situation in Anambra state that has been water-tight due to Obiano's excellent security policies. The Anambra situation was used to generalise for the southeast because i am sure that if the situation in Enugu state were factored into the research, the southeast would have dropped in the rankings.

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by Adiola(f): 11:34am On May 17, 2017
nonsobaba:
I think the report was based mainly on the security situation in Anambra state that has been water-tight due to Obiano's excellent security policies. The Anambra situation was used to generalise for the southeast because i am sure that if the situation in Enugu state were factored into the research, the southeast would have dropped in the rankings.
now use your enugu4nsk moniker to reply yourself......and don't forget marysmeal ,codedslayer ......OSun muslim

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by IgbosAreGreat(f): 11:36am On May 17, 2017
nonsobaba:

Just shut up pls

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by Everblazinggg(f): 11:45am On May 17, 2017
This is the fact on ground....Igbo land is a safe heaven. Everybody na king for him house. No body send you.

For my estate for Onitsha you will see plenty oyibos living and doing business without fear

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by Eggheader101: 11:46am On May 17, 2017
nonsobaba:
. I have always said this to my people here that this handle is not chino's but subway101's.a Yoruba Muslim from Lagos state.now you have finally exposed ur clawed face here afonja.apologies to chino for wrong identification.

my IP hacker failed me this time

CC:Schematics

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by DocHMD: 11:48am On May 17, 2017
Hope this won't shatter yoruba muslim skulls?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by tollyboy5(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2017
DocHMD:
Hope this won't shatter yoruba muslim skulls?
Thanks to pmb phyton dance grin pmb has done great things for Igbo race, he remains their savior as they remain indebted to him cheesy

TRUTH IS MINE

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by Africonji: 12:08pm On May 17, 2017
nonsobaba:

Why are you a chronically diseased liar Chino. I don't want to dig up all the evil crimes happening in your state under Willie Obiano watch so you better not provoke me this afternoon. Imo, Abia and Enugu and Ebonyi are by far safer than Anambra State under Willie Obiano, and you know it. This is facts not propaganda that you like to do.

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by legislatively: 12:14pm On May 17, 2017
Southeast is the only region where you wont see people shouting "leave our land"

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:18pm On May 17, 2017
Jabioro:
The like notorious kidnappers resided in yeast side of Nigeria..
Southwest skull miners zone

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by slimthugchimee(m): 12:19pm On May 17, 2017
well am not surprised enugu is the safest state in Nigeria

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by deomelo: 12:21pm On May 17, 2017
lol @ Igbos and fake news.

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by ZZ22: 12:22pm On May 17, 2017
^^^Yoruba muslims have invaded the thread already. Tufiakwa

22 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:23pm On May 17, 2017
deomelo:
lol @ Igbos and fake news.

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by dadavivo: 12:24pm On May 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
Even Jesus found safety in the east. Wisdom is also found in the east.
the sun also rises from the East

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by EnuguDadImoMom: 12:26pm On May 17, 2017
Igboesika:
God bless Igbo Nation
Amen oh... Some people will develop HBP because of this news.

17 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by deomelo: 12:28pm On May 17, 2017
post=56604369:

Fake news. Realities on the ground says no.

Your villages are safe for investments, but the SW commands all the investments entering Nigeria while your safe villages gets nothing.

You see why you should be crying instead of peddling rubbish news?

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by IgbosAreGreat(f): 12:29pm On May 17, 2017
legislatively:
Southeast is the only region where you wont see people shouting "leave our land"

baddest guy ever liveth

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by EnuguDadImoMom: 12:30pm On May 17, 2017
nonsobaba:
Flog eyes tribe of Osun state, tell your Governor to pay workers and leave beautiful Anambrians alone. Onukwu afonja.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by ak47mann(m): 12:31pm On May 17, 2017
SE is too safe sometimes I think is it the same southeast they claim is dangerous as they say.We that visit south east from developed countries feel so free enjoying our fathers land.The Igbos are really development the region on a fast pace makes SE region adorable cool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by ak47mann(m): 12:38pm On May 17, 2017
legislatively:
Exactly cool

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:40pm On May 17, 2017
deomelo:

Fake news. Realities on the ground says no.

Your villages are safe for investments, but the SW commands all the investments entering Nigeria while your safe villages gets nothing.

You see why you should be crying instead of peddling rubbish news?
Son of skull miner grin

Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by ODVanguard: 12:44pm On May 17, 2017
ak47mann:
SE is too safe sometimes I think is it the same southeast they claim is dangerous as they say.We that visit south east from developed countries feel so free enjoying our fathers land.The Igbos are really development the region on a fast pace makes SE region adorable cool

Safe you say? Is that not the same place an America based igbo guy visiting Nigeria was killed and another one from Malaysia was kidnapped?

http://punchng.com/gunmen-kill-american-returnee-abduct-malaysian-based-man/
Re: Southeast Is Safest Place To Live, Says UN by ODVanguard: 12:45pm On May 17, 2017
ak47mann:
so tell me about ritulist from your region.apart from that how many times you heard such news this year cool
I am only warning you to be more careful whenever you visit the SE from abroad. Abroad returnees are easy targets of kidnappers and men of the underworld in those parts. Below is another case involving another unfortunate returnee:

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/02/Murder-of-American-returnee--Police-arrest-two-students/

What’s Going On Between The Nigerian Army And Nigerian Air Force ? / See The Moment Atiku Left The Debate Venue After He Waited Buhari To Show Up / Deleted