Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview (4071 Views)

EKITIGATE See Twitter Nigeria's Reaction To Tope Aluko's Revelations On Channels / Nigeria's President Jonathan Set To Commission Four Naval Warships / Doyin Okupe's Reaction To The Embarrassing Video On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by papabaks(m): 8:58am On Jan 13, 2010
According to President UMARU MUSA YAR’ADUA, INAUGURAL ADDRESS [/b]to us Nigerians, he said and I quote “We are determined to intensify the war against corruption, more so because corruption is itself central to the spread of poverty. Its corrosive effect is all too visible in all aspects of our national life. This is an area where we have made significant progress in recent years, and we will maintain the momentum”. Is this statement still valid

“Fellow citizens, I ask you all to march with me into the age of restoration. Let us work together to restore our time-honored values of honesty, decency, generosity. The question here is [b]“Are we working together at all now?
Because if we do we won’t be missing contact with our President since God knows when.

The president further continues to say “modesty, selflessness, transparency, and accountability. These fundamental values determine societies that succeed or fail. We must choose to succeed” Are we failing now as a nation or we are progressing

Again the president said “I will set a worthy personal example as your president” I totally disagree with this statement; because currently our own Mr. President is ACTING out of the Nigerian constitution. If not Mr. President wouldn’t have left the[b] Presidential seat empty[/b] while He knew He will be out of the country in order to attend to His critical state of Health without [b]HANDING OVER POWER [/b]to His Vice as He as earlier said that “I will set a worthy personal example as your president”

I quote Mr. President again saying “To that end I offer myself as a servant-leader, I will be a listener and doer, and serve with humility” Is this, what serving with HUMILITY as Mr. President has said means or what? Serving with humility means you will always do what pleases the citizen you are ruling. Right now Mr. President, Nigerian’s are not happy at all and they are not seeing you as a ROLE MODEL that you have earlier said that you will be, you and your ministers don’t care to listen to the hearth groaning of we Nigerians.

Now come to BBC, Is BBC a Nigerian media house? If not, I think it's not acceptable for our own President to have granted this kind of interview to a foreign media, when Nigerian government spends billions of tax payers' money in funding both a state TV network and a radio network? (NTA), it would have shown maturity, patriotism and leadership by example, if he had granted this interview to a Nigerian media and not BBC.

Meanwhile, we thank God that the president is alive and has finally broken his silence but this fact does not justify his failure to hand over to the vice president. What is he afraid of? Oh! He doesn't believe in his ministers just as he doesn't believe in our health care system too… What a pity on us as a Nation.

Just as I round off, I will like to inform those that surround Mr. President that, He is no longer a private person, he lost his privacy since the day he was elected as the President of the Feral Republic of Nigeria, therefore his health status should not be shrouded in secrecy.
Finally, I will like to say that, the telephone interview with our Mr. President UMARU MUSA YAR’ADUA, by BBC is not enough to convince Nigerians on the state of the President's health. A video interview will be more acceptable to Nigerians.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA. GOD HEALS OUR DEAR PRESIDENT.
lipsrsealed
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by edwin101: 12:29pm On Jan 13, 2010
did he come out of induced coma to grant that BBC interview before going back to coma? he can talk to BBC but cant talk to over a 150 million concerned nigerians. its a shame that since november 09'nobody other than the first lady has been able to see him our president. angry
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by ud4u: 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2010
Video interview is very much acceptable to all and that is what we are agitating for.

So lets watch as the event unfold because they are giving us assurance that he will speak to us soon.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by bisiaet: 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
All that matters is just for him to show up that is all then case close BBC interview or whatever does not really count as much.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by formunt(m): 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2010
Sorry,Nation your president is dead
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by Lexyl(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2010
Hausa adage would say " Gan ni ya fi gi" that means seen is believing. Lets just keep our finger cross.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by r231(m): 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2010
he needs to talk to NTA, AIT or something
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by asha80(m): 12:36pm On Jan 13, 2010
The whole 'interview' looks like something out of 24.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by Wilfem(m): 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2010
For those of us who misht have watched this tv show, 24, especially the Second season, you can recall that there was a scene where a voice of someone was actually recorded into a kind of device that'll capture the voice as a prototype, with which you can later use to do anything. That technology is still very much in use today and I wonder why they decided to use it.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by Wilfem(m): 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
asha 80:

It's as if you actually read my mind. Anytime I hear of that interview, that particular scene in 24 always come to my mind.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by solajacobs(m): 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
the whole thing is another stage-managed false.
Time will tell.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by pritybevx: 12:57pm On Jan 13, 2010
Hmm, Let's all pray for our president. May he not rest in peace, anytime soon. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by Str8talk: 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2010
If he SPOKE (without showing his face) to NTA, we would not believe him! BBC will be more objective than NTA on this matter. AIT? I don't know. However charity begins from home. He should speak with Nigerian press and also work to make NTA more believable.

Anyway, this is the typical mentality - Sanusi announces abroad that he is going to sell Nigerian banks etc. Farida of EFCC goes to Turkey to say that stockbrokers manipulate share prices. Dora gives a lot of information about Umar Farouk while keeping quiet about the superscreen bomber. And so on
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by dking1(m): 1:04pm On Jan 13, 2010
Who is deceiving who?why do we need a BBC to hear the voice of our pesident, why not NTA or AIT and does this justify the vacum created since he left. This is all gimmick and this is making us a laughing stock in the world. Where is the whole effort of the so called re-branding when we can not even manage this crisis constitutionally and wisely?
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by Lexyl(m): 1:06pm On Jan 13, 2010
@Str8talk

What is your point?
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by mrofficial(m): 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
[size=20pt]The drama will soon end just like prison break. Which season we dey now? season 2 right?[/size]
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by otukpo(f): 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
:-x
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by jimmysho(m): 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2010
all hail the liers in the villa. may what happen in haiti presidential palace happen during Wednesday FEC meeting
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by vikiviko(m): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
There is time for everything, the game/season is almost ending.

Waiting for Season 3 right ?
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by emma2002(m): 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2010
there is this story making the rounds that they are preparing a person with plastic surgery of our president's physical look to replace him, any1 in the house aware of this story, ?
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by GeeCee(m): 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2010
D man's clone is almost finished. Let's just exercise a little more patience for the clone to get ready for nation ruling.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by ZUBBYNWA(m): 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2010
who saw him when he is addressing he nation, we only hear the voice of somebody but we did not see who is speaking
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by Edaniels1: 1:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
it's a pity, Soon there wld be no more lies to tell us, then d truth would surely cum up, Ride on Turai, U shinin Galfriend!
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by ddiamond(f): 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
my dear president, you can atleast save us this shame and talk to us instead of BBC, o ga oooooooo

dead or not doesnt have meaning again. he is just simply incapable, hand over, to better person joooooo.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by emma2002(m): 1:52pm On Jan 13, 2010
nah! to make a clone of him will take the next number of years as the age of the president, so the clone story may not be , we just need to establish what the truth is about all this, and sadly those in possesion of this are keeping it. Imagine fooling 150million right thinking human beings.

YOU MAY FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME
    YOU MAY FOOL ALL THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME
                                       BUT
    YOU CANNOT FOOL ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by 12840: 1:56pm On Jan 13, 2010
After all that has happened, I choose to believe that the president is alive, made that statement attributed to him. well enough to transmit a letter to nass allowing VP to stand in for him, sorry to say, he has acted 'COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLY' Deserves to be impeached immediately even if he gets back today or 2moro. I've lost sympathy for him.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by vislabraye(m): 2:02pm On Jan 13, 2010
If a hole president doesn't deem it fit to speak to our any of our loacl stations, how does he want the world to see us. All this cat and mouse game is like what you see in Jeffery Archer's novel. Infact in Nigeria, everything is possible. i won't be surprise if the Northern elders are preparing his clone some where. What a nice story,
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by 12840: 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
[there is this story making the rounds that they are preparing a person with plastic surgery of our president's physical look to replace him, any1 in the house aware of this story, ?]
I'm aware that such happened in Iraq under Saddam. I doubt that such will be successful especially with all the scrutiny of Mr president currently going on.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by papabaks(m): 2:25pm On Jan 13, 2010
12840:

After all that has happened, I choose to believe that the president is alive, made that statement attributed to him. well enough to transmit a letter to nass allowing VP to stand in for him, sorry to say, he has acted 'COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLY' Deserves to be impeached immediately even if he gets back today or 2moro. I've lost sympathy for him.

I strongly agree with this statement, because, how can a whole nations president go underground without putting His own country people security in mind, it shows the type of HEARTLESS president that we have, no matter what,

Though his wife might be fooling Him that every thing is under control in Nigeria and that SHE is passing every information giving to Her by Her Husband to all fellow Nigerians,
but shouldn't Mr. President should have ask the Hospital authority to have invite His (FEC) and some other top officials for a meeting and National Broadcast?

Mr. President we want to see you talk to us from your sick bed.

WE LOVE YOU MR PRESIDENT AND WE ARE ALL WISHING YOU QUICK RECOVERY BUT ONCE YOU ARE BACK JUST HAVE IT AT THE BACK OF YOUR MIND SIR THAT, WE NIGERIANS ARE GOING TO RALLY ROUND OURSELVES AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE BEING REMOVED(or Impeached) AS THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA JUST FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND TO THE CRITICAL STATE OF YOUR HEALTH.

I promise all you Nigerians to produce a Film just at the end of all this SAGA.

PAPA.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by mubaraqqq(f): 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
Who cares how he is doing anymore. With the way he has treated this whole situation, total disregard and disrespect for $150 million people. Not been there when your nation is in crises, not handing over because of selfishness, then to add salt to injury interviewing with BBC. Is it BBC or Nigerians you answer to? Just total disregard for the people like this position is his birthright. None of them is thinking about Nigerians.

He should be impeached, then again whoever takes over for him, just takes us right back to square one.

BTW I cannot believe that the Attorney - General used his mouth to say that the President is a Private Citizen and no Nigerian reporter called him out on that.
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by Frank101: 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2010
Nigeria is not a country where citizens opinions changes anything.I am waiting on fate,change and the Invisible hand to intervene as usual.Who killed Abacha?
Re: Your Reaction To Nigeria's President Interview by Vavavoom(m): 2:38pm On Jan 13, 2010
GeeCee:

D man's clone is almost finished. Let's just exercise a little more patience for the clone to get ready for nation ruling.

asha 80:

An apt title would read something like: The Saudi Exchange, Season two- End Game.
Í have a theory that the ruling elite of 9ja have found a sustainable way- a rulebook with silent codes known only to a cabal of selected few-the Anointed; people who decide what fate the many of us have to share. Hear David Mark, ''we will send house members to Saudi on a mission of goodwill, '' more like get well soon and come back to work irrespective of your well publicised incapacitation.  In directing the house yesterday he, Mark sounded like a man whose efforts are geared towards keeping the status quo. Like an unseen needle was pricking him to read out an agreed rule from their common book. Most of them within both houses are like him, tied hands made incapable by greed which has blinded their individual and collective sense of justice. Let's keep watching, the end game is neigh.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Describe Fashola's Administration In 2 Words / One of the greatest African Leaders/president :Thomas Sankara / Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Vote Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.