Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? (7500 Views)

Troops Hit Boko Haram Fighters Preparing Meal, Advance To Sambisa [PHOTOS] / I’ll Do Everything Possible For Jonathan To Win In 2015 – Lamido / What does "Sambo" mean in Hausa? Question for Hausa speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by edoyad(m): 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2010
The statistics tell it all, Highest poverty , infant and mortality mortality and illiteracy  rate in Nigeria. When you add religious violence and general unwillingness to cooperate with the rest of the country on matters that could possibly bring about development, one is left to ask what exactly is the purpose of the contraption called Nigeria ?
When major Gideon Okar, a man categorized as northerner split Nigeria into two in his address to the nation after a botched coup attempt back in the 80s, we all celebrated. But would severing all links with these people bring about the final solution ? If we say Nigeria must remain one, can we truly see a change in mindset of a people that appear not to believe in the same values as the rest of the country : education, female emancipation, freedom of religion etc. ?
I'd really like people of hausa extraction to contribute as this will help discussion gain a dimension that's usually lacking.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by edoyad(m): 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2010
To make matters worse they attack people who're better than them and can change/improve their lives, how does one exist with such ?
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by WilyWily7: 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2010
They are your brothers, find out what is wrong with their Brains
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by real4life: 11:10pm On Jan 17, 2010
edoyad:

The statistics tell it all, Highest poverty , infant and mortality mortality and illiteracy  rate in Nigeria. When you add religious violence and general unwillingness to cooperate with the rest of the country on matters that could possibly bring about development, one is left to ask what exactly is the purpose of the contraption called Nigeria ?
When major Gideon Okar, a man categorized as northerner(like myself) split Nigeria into two in his address to the nation after a botched coup attempt back in the 80s, we all celebrated. But would severing all links with these people bring about the final solution ? If we say Nigeria must remain one, can we truly see a change in mindset of a people that appear not to believe in the same values as the rest of the country : education, female emancipation, freedom of religion etc. ?
I'd really like people of hausa extraction to contribute as this will help discussion gain a dimension that's usually lacking.

We have serious issues in the North (just like everyone else), but Hausa people are quietly advancing even if you don't know it.

But let me try to understand what your criteria are then we can continue from there.

edoyad:

To make matters worse they attack people[b] who're better than them[/b] and can change/improve their lives, how does one exist with such ?

Who is better than who? Who said? What criteria did who use to judge that?
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by Beaf: 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2010
The problem in the North is due to lack of education. Because of that, so many evil's abound such as the almajiri system and marriage of girls as young as 13 to adult men (especially in Kebbi) or the surge in polio cases after a near-riot and traditional rulers declaration put an end to vaccinations.

The marriage of underage girls in Northern Nigeria is a problem noted by the UN http://www.unfpa.org/swp/2005/presskit/factsheets/facts_child_marriage.htm
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by real4life: 11:13pm On Jan 17, 2010
Wily*Wily:

They are your brothers, find out what is wrong with their Brains

Wily Wily don die, na who kill am? na yoruba people.

Stick to your yoruba friends now abi you wan fight the whole naija only you?
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by mamagee3(f): 11:13pm On Jan 17, 2010
Yes, it's possible for the hausas to advance.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by kosovo(m): 11:20pm On Jan 17, 2010
the people they claimed are not advanced are ruling over the same people who think they humanly ahead of the hausa people,
        Humanity must be very pathetic and sardonic in the part of the world

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by tayoast(m): 11:26pm On Jan 17, 2010
edoyad:

To make matters worse they attack people who're better than them and can change/improve their lives, how does one exist with such ?

impossible is nothing
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by real4life: 11:26pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf:

The problem in the North is due to lack of education. Because of that, so many evil's abound such as the almajiri system and marriage of girls as young as 13 to adult men (especially in Kebbi) or the surge in polio cases after a near-riot and traditional rulers declaration put an end to vaccinations.

The marriage of underage girls in Northern Nigeria is a problem noted by the UN http://www.unfpa.org/swp/2005/presskit/factsheets/facts_child_marriage.htm

It is true that the North lags behind in Education and it is a big problem for us presently. In the past, children from the North were prevented from going to school by their parents because the value of education was not fully appreciated. It was also known that some of the Christian missionaries were mixing western education with preaching Christianity, so northerners were being protective of their religion.

Haven said that, we have since understood the value of Education and are actively striving to develop our human resources even though some of our political leaders are not helping us much. The statistics will not tell you the true picture, but compared to 10, 20 years ago, the North can now boast of experts in so many fields of expertise and the number is growing constantly. Of course Rome was not built in a day, so you cant start feeling the impact immediately, but those of us who know what is really happening are confident that in the near future the story of Northern Nigeria will change dramatically.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by ziga: 11:28pm On Jan 17, 2010
Education will go a long way in solving a lot of problems up there.

You'll notice that the few who have been living down south are ok.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by edoyad(m): 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2010
I find my self cursing the day Major Gideon Orkar failed, all these problems would have ended by now.
@real4life don't kid yourself, hausa muslim is one with the problem, they are the ones that marry out 13 year old girls, they the only people in Nigeria that give birth to children and send them out at 5 years of age in the name of almajiri and their leaders who are ministers/governors come out in support of it, they are the ones with 4 wives and 20 children they can't feed or send to school. I could go on but it is pointelss since everyone already knows these, infact it would appear that if you isolate hausa people from Nigeria their country wouldn't be much different from today's Somalia.
It is obvious they cannot develop
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by kosovo(m): 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2010
ziga:

Education will go a long way in solving a lot of problems up there.

You'll notice that the few who have been living down south are ok.
  Sarcastic
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by aloyemeka7: 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
This thread belongs to the tribalist section. Southern people should first of all advance before pointing fingers.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by asha80(m): 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
edoyad:

I find my self cursing the day Major Gideon Orkar failed, all these problems would have ended by now.
@real4life don't kid yourself, hausa muslim is one with the problem, they are the ones that marry out 13 year old girls, they the only people in Nigeria that give birth to children and send them out at 5 years of age in the name of almajiri and their leaders who are ministers/governors come out in support of it, they are the ones with 4 wives and 20 children they can't feed or send to school. I could go on but it is pointelss since everyone already knows these, infact it would appear that if you isolate hausa people from Nigeria their country wouldn't be much different from today's Somalia.
It is obvious they cannot develop

But you live in kaduna an advanced hausa city  undecided
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by ziga: 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2010
kosovo:

Sarcastic

Mr Chief Judge, English please!!!
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by edoyad(m): 11:42pm On Jan 17, 2010
Asha what rubbish are you saying ? Who told you kaduna is a hausa city ? Kaduna was originally a gwari town before immigrants moved in. As we speak the town is divided into two parts, the north and south. In the northern part you'll find your people there with their almajiri schools and what not, while in the south you'll find real humans like my people(southern kaduna people) with migrants from other parts of the country living in peace and mocking the existence of the human cow known as hausa man.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by asha80(m): 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2010
edoyad:

Asha what rubbish are you saying ? Who told you kaduna is a hausa city ? Kaduna was originally a gwari town before immigrants moved in. As we speak the town is divided into two parts, the north and south. In the northern part you'll find your people there with their almajiri schools and what not, while in the south you'll find real humans like my people(southern kaduna people) with migrants from other parts of the country living in peace and mocking the existence of the human cow known as hausa man.

shocked shocked Guy i be igbo guy o
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by real4life: 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2010
edoyad:

I even thought you had common sense, so you are just a silly* brat that does not even know his right from his left.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by edoyad(m): 12:02am On Jan 18, 2010
@real4life i guess hausa people are the ones who know their left from their right ? People who claim to be majority but have one of the lowest literacy rates in whole world. People who need to be begged over and over by NGOs to immunize their children against polio and other child hood diseases, people who send children to sell petrol in containers while their counterparts from other towns are at school learning. The annoying thing is that there isn't even much of a difference between the educated microscopic few and the illiterate majority, meaning that education alone can't help these people.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by Gayigaskia(m): 12:15am On Jan 18, 2010
NL has become "Northerners lynching ". I don't understand how the people who have managed to reduced your so called intellectuals to bunch of arswipers and arskissers for decades can be considered backward.  I guess i understand your pain keep hating cause that's all you can do.
Salam

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by Fhemmmy: 12:34am On Jan 18, 2010
I am sorry to say it is practically not possible, till they see ways to be religious and still be able to do the right thing, till they see development as a good thing and not a demonic stuff.
See all the Nations, and states that are dominated by Islam, none seems to be doing good . . . . .
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by eyesonyou: 12:37am On Jan 18, 2010
edoyad:

The statistics tell it all, Highest poverty , infant and mortality mortality and illiteracy  rate in Nigeria. When you add religious violence and general unwillingness to cooperate with the rest of the country on matters that could possibly bring about development, one is left to ask what exactly is the purpose of the contraption called Nigeria ?
When major Gideon Okar, a man categorized as northerner(like myself) split Nigeria into two in his address to the nation after a botched coup attempt back in the 80s, we all celebrated. But would severing all links with these people bring about the final solution ? If we say Nigeria must remain one, can we truly see a change in mindset of a people that appear not to believe in the same values as the rest of the country : education, female emancipation, freedom of religion etc. ?

The sooner the South realizes that the issues in the North have to be addressed urgently the better for Nigeria as a whole.

I am from the South, precisely Lagos, and I grew up with Northerners, and I can affirm to you that
the Northerners that I grew up with are not different from me in every aspect.

Fundamentally, human beings are the same. From New Zealand to Cape Verde, we are the same with little or
no distinction in cognitive reasoning if subjected to the same environment. What seperates the North from the
South of Nigeria is the lack of Education in the North,and lack of opportunities in Nigeria at large.

With the right nurturing the North can be as developed as the South.  (The development I refer to in the South is relative to Nigeria.)

Malaysia is predominantly Muslims, today they have the tallest twin buildings in the world -the Petronas Towers.

Southerners tend to generalize that religion is the problem of the North.  There is a far more sinister cause, and of course the inept
FG is not helping with the situation with their apathy to the affairs of Nigeria in general.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by Fhemmmy: 12:42am On Jan 18, 2010
eyesonyou:

The sooner the South realizes that the issues in the North have to be addressed urgently the better for Nigeria as a whole.

I am from the South, precisely Lagos, and I grew up with Northerners, and I can affirm to you that

Fundamentally, human beings are the same. From New Zealand to Cape Verde, we are the same with little or
no distinction in cognitive reasoning if subjected to the same environment. What seperates the North from the
South of Nigeria is the lack of Education in the North,and lack of opportunities in Nigeria at large.

With the right nurturing the North can be as developed as the South.  (The development I refer to in the South is relative to Nigeria.)

Malaysia is predominantly Muslims, today they have the tallest twin buildings in the world -the Petronas Towers.

Southerners tend to generalize that religion is the problem of the North.  There is a far more sinister cause, and of course the inept
FG is not helping with the situation with their apathy to the affairs of Nigeria in general.

It is not the job of the south or the east to develop North, it is the job of the notherners to realize how much they need development and go for it.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by aloyemeka7: 12:43am On Jan 18, 2010
eyesonyou:

Good analysis but I must affirm that religion + idleness fueled by joblessness is the problem in the north. If majority of them are gainfully employed, you think they will have time to run around their streets wielding machetes?
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by Fhemmmy: 12:45am On Jan 18, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Good analysis but I must affirm that religion + idleness fueled by joblessness is the problem in the north. If majority of them are gainfully employed, you think they will have time to run around their streets wielding machetes?

Well said, but till someone see himself and see poverty and see what is wrong, the person cant get well.
The Northerners are the only ones that can help themselves.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by eyesonyou: 12:52am On Jan 18, 2010
Fhemmmy:

It is not the job of the south or the east to develop North, it is the job of the notherners to realize how much they need development and go for it.

Basic principles of Economics will disagree with you.  If the North lags behind, our GDP suffers as a whole.
While it may appear to be unjustifiable for the South to help with the North, the truth is if we continue to ignore their suffering,
we shall all continue to bear the brunt in the form civil unrests. Beggars will continue to invade the south,  Polio that was once a thing of
the past in the world is now making inroad into the South via the way of North.

Do you get the whole drift?  You know -spiral effect of an issue.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by Fhemmmy: 12:55am On Jan 18, 2010
eyesonyou:

Basic principles of Economics will disagree with you.  If the North lags behind, our GDP suffers as a whole.
While it may appear to be unjustifiable for the South to help with the North, the truth is if we continue to ignore their suffering,
we shall all continue to bear the brunt in the form civil unrests. Beggars will continue to invade the south,  Polio that was once a thing of
the past in the world is now making inroad into the South via the way of North.

Do you get the whole drift?  You know -spiral effect of an issue.

That is only applicable under normal circumstances.
How do u help people that think they are the one with good hands and needs no help, how do u develop people that think you are out there to wipe them off the planet.
These people are just simply backwards, and the ones that are doing well are happy as well, cos they will be able to push the others around without resistance.
Till they realize there is a problem, nothing anyone could do
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by eyesonyou: 12:58am On Jan 18, 2010
aloy*emeka:

You are correct that jobless+idleness+religion are problems in the North. However, all of these social issues are symptoms of poverty and indoctrination by
Northern elites.

It has been proven scientifically that there is a strong correlation between poverty and social behavior.  Couple that with lack of education. you have a TNT at your disposal!

South must help. It is ironic because the South too needs help (more like deliverance)
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by Fhemmmy: 1:01am On Jan 18, 2010
There is no way to help people that dont wanna be helped.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by eyesonyou: 1:12am On Jan 18, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That is only applicable under normal circumstances.
How do u help people that think they are the one with good hands and needs no help, how do u develop people that think you are out there to wipe them off the planet.
These people are just simply backwards, and the ones that are doing well are happy as well, cos they will be able to push the others around without resistance.
Till they realize there is a problem, nothing anyone could do

It may seem to you that they are iredeemable. Brother, all is not lost.  Before the Southerns had education, I am sure some missionaries propably thought the same of us.
Today, we have scientists, doctors, physcists etc, we even manage to produce a Nobel winner.
How can an uneducated man realize that he has a problem? From which angle would he diagnose his problem?

Would you discuss Keynesian theory with Suya man? Or genetics with the Mei guard?
These are far too complex for him to understand for now, but subject the same man to an academic environment, stimulate his mind.
Voila! The same man will now be discussing space technology with you. Such is the mind of man.
Help must come to the dying man because he cannot help himself.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by real4life: 1:25am On Jan 18, 2010
Fhemmmy:

There is no way to help people that dont wanna be helped.

i feel pity for people like you with loads of shit in their pants yet looking to wipe someone else's yansh.

better go and face the reality that there is a long way to go before anybody starts helping anybody in Nigeria.

@eyesonyou,
good points, i must add that our biggest problem is leadership. i cant imagine why the northern governors fail to have a 3 point agenda focusing on education, agriculture and solid minerals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Sworn In As Nigeria's President (picture) / Labour Party Crisis: Court Bars Abdulsalam From Party Secretariat / Buhari Led North In Panic Mode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.