Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? (7508 Views)

Troops Hit Boko Haram Fighters Preparing Meal, Advance To Sambisa [PHOTOS] / I’ll Do Everything Possible For Jonathan To Win In 2015 – Lamido / What does "Sambo" mean in Hausa? Question for Hausa speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by real4life: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2010
lol, that is not necessarily the true picture.

There are many places in the North where Christians and Muslims live peacefully. The killing of innocent people is evil and can never be condoned by any sensible person. However the issues involved are complicated and can only be discussed in a reasonable dialogue, which cannot happen here.

Can sane Southerners influence their terrorist brothers in the Niger Delta (those red eyed Wily Wilys, who wear black masks with evil faces) to stop kidnapping and killing innocent people just because the Nigerian Government is not being fair to them?
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2010
[size=20pt]I repeat, the day the hausa man will ever think of advancing, will be the day a pregnant camel passes through the eye of the needle.

Buncha terrorists [/size]
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by real4life: 4:50pm On Jan 19, 2010
Sunny calm down, na who bite you?
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by RichyBlacK(m): 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2010
real4life:

lol, that is not necessarily the true picture.

There are many places in the North where Christians and Muslims live peacefully. The killing of innocent people is evil and can never be condoned by any sensible person. However the issues involved are complicated and can only be discussed in a reasonable dialogue, which cannot happen here.

Can sane Southerners influence their terrorist brothers in the Niger Delta (those red eyed Wily Wilys, who wear black masks with evil faces) to stop kidnapping and killing innocent people just because the Nigerian Government is not being fair to them?

Yep, progress has been made in that regard and the government has reached some form of agreement with those people. Recall that their campaign is legitimate since the Nigerian government (the most useless in the cosmos IMHO) has refused to do anything to develop the region that produces 90% of the nation's wealth.

On the contrary, bands of marauding murderers have been killing Christians and burning churches for over half a century in Northern Nigeria. They are so easily provoked that if an Australian as much as laughs near a Mosque in Melbourne, 1000 Christians must be promptly beheaded and 100 churches burnt. This is unadulterated lunacy.

There are Imams in Mosques that preach the hatred that encourages this zombie mentality, however, the Northern elite do not seem to be doing anything to deal with these hate-mongering clerics.

When will I read/see a Northern elite, like Rilwanu Lukman or Lamido Sanusi, publicly condemn the specific clerics (by name) that preach that killing Christians is good for Islam. Will I ever see Northern elites/elders give a press conference addressed to those misguided youths littered all around Northern Nigeria, that picking up a machete, running through the street, looking for a Christian teenage girl to rape and behead, is what savage barbarians do?
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by real4life: 5:22pm On Jan 19, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Yep, progress has been made in that regard and the government has reached some form of agreement with those people. Recall that their campaign is legitimate since the Nigerian government (the most useless in the cosmos IMHO) has refused to do anything to develop the region that produces 90% of the nation's wealth.

On the contrary, bands of marauding murderers have been killing Christians and burning churches for over half a century in Northern Nigeria. They are so easily provoked that if an Australian as much as laughs near a Mosque in Melbourne, 1000 Christians must be promptly beheaded and 100 churches burnt. This is unadulterated lunacy.

There are Imams in Mosques that preach the hatred that encourages this zombie mentality, however, the Northern elite do not seem to be doing anything to deal with these hate-mongering clerics.

When will I read/see a Northern elite, like Rilwanu Lukman or Lamido Sanusi, publicly condemn the specific clerics (by name) that preach that killing Christians is good for Islam. Will I ever see Northern elites/elders give a press conference addressed to those misguided youths littered all around Northern Nigeria, that picking up a machete, running through the street, looking for a Christian teenage girl to despoil and behead, is what savage barbarians do?

Even if their demand is legitimate does that make their killings also to be legitimate? I seriously doubt that your people have done anything to tackle the killing and kidnapping because it is still happening as we speak, but if so then I am happy for you. You also have to keep in mind that Yaradua ( a northerner), despite all his other failings, has done more to solve the Niger delta crises than any of your former governors did in eight years (1999-2007). They were busy looting and you kept mute.

As for the killings, many Northerners share your pain but they cannot shout loud enough for you to hear. The ordinary person like you and me are not in a position to fight these things. As you have rightly pointed out, it is the leaders who should work extremely hard to wipe out the few terrorist organizations but they are simply not doing enough. Rilwanu Lukman, James Ibori, IBB, Cecilia Ibru to me are all of the same tribe, they are responsible for what we are all going through and we will continue suffering unless and until we realize that the only way forward is to fight those group of people.

I have lived in the South and witnessed many cases of people being burnt in public for petty theft with crowds cheering. You call it jungle justice but is that right? There is evil perpetrated everywhere but at the end of the day there are good and bad people everywhere, the sooner we accept that the better for us
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by citizenY(m): 5:24pm On Jan 19, 2010
@richyblack and co

I am glad you are no more a moderator. I always had a sneaky feeling you had
a horn on your forehead and you have just shown your colours .  Can you please
mention one mosque you have visited where such sermons were given? Anyway , not to
digress, Edoyad has already given me a peep into his mindset. This is what
education and literacy is all about. Everyone is mouthing What Uncle Sam.

When you assume the moral high ground and arrogate to yourself all righteousness
with pompous postures that do not carry any weight, then you have a problem.
It is only irrational people that will avoid dialogue when all hostilities end up around a table
sooner or later. I have not been appointed by anybody to intercede on any matter whatsoever.
My aim was to just establish a platform of understanding on the issues at stake by understanding more
what can be done but since this has been rejected, I still thank Edoyad for his tenancity. It means a
lot to hold a view and defend it strongly too.

Finally, I sincerely hope he will not relent in his criticism as that is what makes everyone sit up. The only
regret I will have is not getting him to  suggest solutions. Maybe those solutions will go against his beliefs
or to the advantage of an adversary, but then what can I do?

Perhaps it will be necessary to inform Edoyad that those accused of terrorism today by the Americans- Saddam Hussein,
Bin Ladin, Gaddafi, and many others were once friends of CIA and the United States. By extension, I do not see Edoyad
negotiating with anyone because the figures just do not match and there is no platform for such an exercise.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by edoyad(m): 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2010
I don't know the reply these people want, well like i said if all the solutions being proffered on NL are not enough for a nation of imbeciles, let them continue to tread the path that will see them into drop further. After the nation breaks into component parts who loses ? Is it not the one that cannot fend for itself ?
My childhood friend(like a brother to me) just called for me to send him glo recharge cards cos every one was ordered to stay at home today. Now just imagine the amount of money being lost by the affected economy, and later when one sits in a motor park awaiting departure you'll see a mother led by her daughters and father led by his sons coming to sing,"ba bi allah" begging for alms like refugees with all sorts of infirmities on them. You want my money but won't let me make it in peace eh ?
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by citizenY(m): 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2010
I do not envisage this country breaking up but should that happen, those who
are now running their mouths will have their work cut out for them. It is to avoid this
that we need to talk but when the time comes, reason shall prevail.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by ayinba1(f): 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2010
@op&all

I have followed with bewilderment at the amount of hate that has been going on recently on NL. The forum has degenerated into an Islam bashing/Northern Nigeria bashing/Yoruba bashing? (okay; tribe bashing) emporium.

We express dismay that all Nigerians are considered scam artists and terrorists, yet we do not hesitate to paint an entire group of people with one brush because of the actions of a few amongst them.

Hypocrites are easy to recognize. When people who live in USA, Canada or majority of Yorubaland start to blame violence on Islam, I wonder. Is it because of worldly gains that you cannot be truthful? You have lived in these lands with muslims and you KNOW in your heart that your posts blaming Islam are not true.

There is too much hate going on.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by ayinba1(f): 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2010
@edoyad

I read your post a while back on Zango Kataf. I do not know what your beliefs are but you sound very peaceloving indeed. Know though that there is nothing we do in this world that we will not account for in the hereafter.

And what exactly do you hope for? Split Kaduna? Kill or drive all the muslims away? In Yorubaland, you will be considered "omo ale to nfi owo osi juwe ile" You cannot live in harmony with your neighbours, the Hausa muslims, how can you expect to live with the rest of Nigerians in harmony? FYI, you are still Hausa/Northerner to the average Nigerian. SO quit while you are ahead (that is if you still are).
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by citizenY(m): 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2010
^^^^^^^^^
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Those who have ears let them hear.
I am glad e no commot from my mouth.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by ayinba1(f): 7:06pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ for those who say the North/Hausa cannot progress, please look who is laughing now. How many times has the North produced President? Let us reverse the case that is going on NOW. If YarAdua were a SOutherner, I can assure you that a Northerner Goodluck would have been signed in by now. If other groups are afraid to lead, the Northerners are not. Yes, we may say that they have not done a good job so far, but we cannot leave these slots unfilled.

I wrote emails to all the senators on the Nigerian senate website, three of them responded. 3 of them were from the North.

So, what is the excuse for those Senators who failed to respond? Fear? Non caring attitude?

There is good and evil in everyone of us. What you choose to do really is up to you.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2010
ayinba1:

@op&all

I have followed with bewilderment at the amount of hate that has been going on recently on NL. The forum has degenerated into an Islam bashing/Northern Nigeria bashing/Yoruba bashing? (okay; tribe bashing) emporium.

We express dismay that all Nigerians are considered scam artists and terrorists, yet we do not hesitate to paint an entire group of people with one brush because of the actions of a few amongst them.

Hypocrites are easy to recognize. When people who live in USA, Canada or majority of Yorubaland start to blame violence on Islam, I wonder. Is it because of worldly gains that you cannot be truthful? You have lived in these lands with muslims and you KNOW in your heart that your posts blaming Islam are not true.

There is too much hate going on.

SHARAP!!!! You terrosrist. To hell with you and ur suicide bombing brothers. Go preach to those blood thirsty buffoons that are always looking for the slightest excuse to shed the blood of innocent Christians and southerners.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by edoyad(m): 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ayinba , and you are not a real yoruba man so drop the act and reveal your true identity. You should atleast have the guts to face me because when your people go to burn churches and the people worshiping in them they don't go concealed as yoruba men, They go in their true colour. And FYI, i was born and bred in ikeja, lagos. If There's anything I've learnt from all my associations with other like minded Nigerians, It's that the hausa man is a stumbling block to progress. Come out and reveal your self you spineless almajiri
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by ayinba1(f): 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2010
@Sunny bobo,
I will not ignore you because evil men succeed when good men do nothing. I am not a terrorist and your post is totally uncalled for.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by ayinba1(f): 7:50pm On Jan 19, 2010
@edoyad,

I am a Yoruba. I was privileged to attend a Federal school in Northern Nigeria, so I have seen the good, the bad and Ugly of our various ethnic groups. But then the question is asked of the experiences that you claim here: Did you go through those experiences or did they just go through you?

Again, what exactly is your plan for your Hausa/Muslim neighbors?
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by edoyad(m): 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2010
Ayinba if you're not an islamic-jihadist-terrorist cum charlatan then what are you and your people ?
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by ayinba1(f): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2010
@edoyad.

I am a muslim and a Yoruba.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by Fhemmmy: 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2010
Like i said before, for the North to advance, they need to change their mindset and must want it
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by Sunofgod(m): 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2010
To summarise what has been established:

[list]
[li]The hausa-fulani have been mentally enslaved by their leaders for monetary gain.

The koran was used as the 'shackles' used to hold them down mentally and in a state of constant ignorance.

This process as we have seen is ongoing - They are now at the point of rejecting education altogether.

Its because of their ignorance that Nigeria has not developed to the extent it should have done.

Nigeria (excluding the north) has produced some of the best talent in the world.

On the international stage Nigeria is being ridiculed because of what we have allowed to happen to us.[/li]
[li][/li]
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by cold(m): 11:08pm On Jan 19, 2010
Edoyad & sunnybobo,i'd strongly advise u guys to stop dissipating ur energies with these empty sets,u can't get thru to them no mata how much u try.U're better off talkin to stones,seriously.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by edoyad(m): 11:22pm On Jan 19, 2010
@cold it is because we ignore them that they believe they can escape with murder.
@ayinba then i apologise for not only my ignoriaoce but for yours. Do you have any of your yoruba muslim family resident in kaduna ? Ask them if they feel safer living among christians of southern kaduna, yoruba and igbo origin at such precarious times or amongst those people.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by SapeleGuy: 12:25am On Jan 20, 2010
So much anger and bitterness. Let us learn from mistakes or else we will be talking about another Rwanda.

Let us focus on a peaceful parting of ways, it can only happen if we don't fight amongst ourselves. Remember that 6 new nations - Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia came out of Yugoslavia.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by WilyWily7: 12:41am On Jan 20, 2010
Southerner are ready to go their ways, SS is ready/SE is ready, but the problem we have is still the only Saboteur Yorubas in our midst
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by ayinba1(f): 12:44am On Jan 20, 2010
@wilywily
Muslims are not terrorists. I am not a terrorist. You need to go through all your previous posts and assess how "peaceful and non terrorist" like you are.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by H2O2: 12:46am On Jan 20, 2010
unimaginably bored people. see them
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by WilyWily7: 12:49am On Jan 20, 2010
ayinba1:

@wilywily
Muslims are not terrorists. I am not a terrorist. You need to go through all your previous posts and assess how "peaceful and non terrorist" like you are.
Are you not a Moslem? Every Moslem is a Terrorist and you are one of them, Soooo YOU ARE A WOMAN TERRORIST
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by H2O2: 12:56am On Jan 20, 2010
Wily*Wily:

Are you not a Moslem? Every Moslem is a Terrorist and you are one of them, Soooo YOU ARE A WOMAN TERRORIST
Pathetic! Are you contentious by nature or by choice?
Ineptitude, ignorance and absurdity all abound in you. Must you be so ridiculously brash?
How in the bloody Bleep did you come to a conclusion that daft? You sound like one of those belligerent fight-mongers.

Does it make you feel manly to seek trouble from a benign lady. Prick!

You disappoint me.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by WilyWily7: 1:13am On Jan 20, 2010
My life is now in peril talking with Moslem Terrorist,
Any Moslem who claims not to be a Terrorist should prove why he/she is not a Terrorist.
The world knows that every Moslem is a Terrorist.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by H2O2: 1:16am On Jan 20, 2010
something about that logic is deductive.

since you've hastily generalized all muslims as terrorists

kindly propound some proofs.

thank you kind sir.
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by edoyad(m): 1:18am On Jan 20, 2010
Wilywily grin honestly i don't have strength LOL . But Adams Oshiomole and Fashola are not terrorist now. Their people go to school and don't attack christian, abi ?
Re: Is It Possible For Hausa People To Advance ? by WilyWily7: 1:22am On Jan 20, 2010
H2O2:

something about that logic is deductive.

since you've hastily generalized all muslims as terrorists

kindly propound some proofs.

thank you kind sir.
Terrorist Islam is killing innocent people in Jos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

People’s Trust Olawepo-hashim Is Most Popular Presidential Candidate On Internet / Fayemi Flags Off Water Pipeline Extension & Distribution Network Improvement / Tinubu: May God Give Nigeria Prudent, Honest Leaders Like Jakande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.