Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical (6963 Views)

Dealership Level Diagnostics - VW Group (1996 - 2018) - Electrical N Mechanical / Dealership Level Diagnostics - Toyota (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical / Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 3:38am On Jun 17, 2018
if your Honda is involved in a collision, scrap it unless the following condition is met:

The shop is certified to handle collision repairs.

This is Honda's position on the matter.

Your average Joe - the Panel Beater at the local spare parts market is ill-equipped to play this role on your modern high tech toy

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 5:43am On Jun 25, 2018
When they tell you that anyone can fix a Honda

Tell them that Honda says, not anyone can fix a Honda!

You need to be trained on Honda technologies to fix a Honda appropriately

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by dljbd1(m): 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
@AutoElectNG

Good day
Please I need your opinion on a problem I'm currently facing with my EOD. So I notice when I drive and I slow down (maybe in traffic) and it returns to first gear, it revs so high before it shifts to 2nd gear. And while it shifts it jerks. After gear 2 it would not go into any other gear again. While moving I put it into neutral and press acceleration but it did not rev past 3000rpm. It just jerks on 3000rpm. I parked and switched off the car and started it up again then revved and it was now normal.
At times it would repeat itself again and at times it would be normal for the rest of the day. On an average it does this 3 times a day.

It just started this like 2 months ago.

I purchased a Bluetooth ODB2 to check the car and got the following codes:

My mech has checked the solenoids and cleaned it but its still same. He has picked it up to check it again but now I am being told its my gear that needs replacement.

Please can you have some time to help check it or refer me to someone who can.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
dljbd1:
@AutoElectNG

Good day
Please I need your opinion on a problem I'm currently facing with my EOD. So I notice when I drive and I slow down (maybe in traffic) and it returns to first gear, it revs so high before it shifts to 2nd gear. And while it shifts it jerks. After gear 2 it would not go into any other gear again. While moving I put it into neutral and press acceleration but it did not rev past 3000rpm. It just jerks on 3000rpm. I parked and switched off the car and started it up again then revved and it was now normal.
At times it would repeat itself again and at times it would be normal for the rest of the day. On an average it does this 3 times a day.

It just started this like 2 months ago.

I purchased a Bluetooth ODB2 to check the car and got the following codes:

My mech has checked the solenoids and cleaned it but its still same. He has picked it up to check it again but now I am being told its my gear that needs replacement.

Please can you have some time to help check it or refer me to someone who can.

Thanks in advance.

When last did you do an oil change?
When last did you check the oil level?

How about you do both? And if the oil is low, how about using this opportunity to do an oil change?

Afterwards religiously check the oil level, it seems it has gone too low, and if it, it can easily set both codes. If it has and you either replace or top up the oil, that will eliminate P1009 and P2646.

If indeed you have a problem with the coolant temperature circuit as your DTC readout seems to indicate, if I were in your shoes I would fix that ASAP. The ECT sensor is the master sensor, all other sensors get their bearings from the ECUs response to its readings.

The second master sensor is the Oxygen sensor. I would also attend to that, but after sorting out the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by dljbd1(m): 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
AutoElectNG:

When last did you do an oil change?
When last did you check the oil level?

How about you do both? And if the oil is low, how about using this opportunity to do an oil change?

Afterwards religiously check the oil level, it seems it has gone too low, and if it, it can easily set both codes. If it has and you either replace or top up the oil, that will eliminate P1009 and P2646.

If indeed you have a problem with the coolant temperature circuit as your DTC readout seems to indicate, if I were in your shoes I would fix that ASAP. The ECT sensor is the master sensor, all other sensors get their bearings from the ECUs response to its readings.

The second master sensor is the Oxygen sensor. I would also attend to that, but after sorting out the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor

Thank you for your prompt response.

I serviced it last on 24th July and this included complete oil change. I also fixed some leakages which caused my gear oil to short and it has not been short since then (I ensured I checked it every two days). This issue started about a month or 2 to servicing it in July and I thought it would solve it but it didn't. But I would check it again today and tomorrow and give feedback on it.

Concerning the other critical sensors you mentioned, please I want to fix them immediately but I don't think my mech would understand all these. He is more mechanically inclined. I wouldn't mind if you guide me through. cry
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2020
dljbd1:

Thank you for your prompt response.

I serviced it last on 24th July and this included complete oil change. I also fixed some leakages which caused my gear oil to short and it has not been short since then (I ensured I checked it every two days). This issue started about a month or 2 to servicing it in July and I thought it would solve it but it didn't. But I would check it again today and tomorrow and give feedback on it.

Concerning the other critical sensors you mentioned, please I want to fix them immediately but I don't think my mech would understand all these. He is more mechanically inclined. I wouldn't mind if you guide me through. cry

This has nothing to do with your transmission(gear) and everything to go with your engine.

Please check your engine oil level and not your transmission oil level.

VTECH/VVT depends on oil, clean oil, sufficient oil, oil of the correct viscosity. when either or all conditions are non-existent problems begin to surface. Assuming of course, that the case of the problem is not electrical but mechanical/hydraulic.

Servicing? What did you service?

About your request for extended support, send me a DM
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by dljbd1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
AutoElectNG:

This has nothing to do with your transmission(gear) and everything to go with your engine.

Please check your engine oil level and not your transmission oil level.

VTECH/VVT depends on oil, clean oil, sufficient oil, oil of the correct viscosity. when either or all conditions are non-existent problems begin to surface. Assuming of course, that the case of the problem is not electrical but mechanical/hydraulic.

Servicing? What did you service?

About your request for extended support, send me a DM

Sent.

About what was serviced, the usual (gear & engine) oil changes, gear switches servicing and oil & fuel filter change.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is A Car A Necessity? / . / Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.