Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana (40707 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Signs The 2017 Budget Bill Into Law (Photos) / Bukola Sararki, Others Await Osinbajo To Sign 2017 Budget (Photos) / Osinbajo To Sign 2017 Budget, Inaugurate New Ministers - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by samsard(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2017
pressplay411:
This is why I'm a strong proponent of Military rule. Nigerians are too stubborn and destructive for democracy to work.
How can the presidency perform efficiently when he's at the mercy of legisllegislooters?
Abacha a military dictator stashed billions of dollars in foreign bank accounts while my mom was earning peanuts as a civil servants, and while critical infrastructure was lacking isn't he also a looter? and how many countries under military rule are actually progressing as they should?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by mirac19ba(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2017
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by rexbuton: 10:03am On May 21, 2017
We've been notified that if it isn't signed there won't be salaries this month and the government would prefer our overwhelming Muslim majority go into fasting with their salaries available
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by rexbuton: 10:04am On May 21, 2017
samsard:
Abacha a military dictator stashed billions of dollars in foreign bank accounts while my mom was earning peanuts as a civil servants, and while critical infrastructure was lacking isn't he also a looter? and how many countries under military rule are actually progressing as they should?

Give examples of dictatorships or communist states that aren't working apart from Nk
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by nellyelitz(m): 10:09am On May 21, 2017
pressplay411:
This is why I'm a strong proponent of Military rule. Nigerians are too stubborn and destructive for democracy to work.
How can the presidency perform efficiently when he's at the mercy of legisllegislooters?
this your dullard won't still be able to function even if the legislature is scrap or replaced by primary school pupils...
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by azimibraun: 10:10am On May 21, 2017
pressplay411:
One sided view of issues. Talking like we have not had more military heads of state than civilian presidents. What did we achieve with them and how did we get to this terrible state we are in so soon after they relinquished power? In a civilian administration you see how lawless the military is, beating folks up and asking them to roll over in dirty waters and even beating up cripples. I just hope you can imagine what they will do when they are in charge. Finally, military rule is a thing of the past as at this time. It can attempt to happen somewhere else but not in Nigeria. Those ambitious soldiers who dared that will surely visit the gallows. It's gone for good in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by SpankingHitz: 10:11am On May 21, 2017
Chiefpriest1:
Abeg, it's almost June. Let him sign and let Nigeria move forward. The year is almost gone.

And all these yeye online media that will just appropriate someone else's sweat, God [url=myluvstories.com]is[/url] watching you.

This is a story by Success Nwogu of Punch newspapers. Social Times ko, Social Club ni.

As in... It's really annoying.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Nobody: 10:19am On May 21, 2017
I agreed with Falana on this.
We don't even see what the first budget of APC government its been used for

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by seguno2: 10:19am On May 21, 2017
pressplay411:

If you see yourself and those around you as "too stubborn and destructive for democracy to work", please do not assume that all 200 million Nigerians are that way.
Why will the president not be at the mercy of legislators whom you allowed to represent you?
What was your level of participation in the process of electing your senator, representative and even state assembly lawmaker?
How much of your personal income did you donate to their campaign?
Yet you have the audacity to complain.
Will you keep kwayet!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by mrww(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUxKTYllcE/
Just click and like this picture on Instagram
#much love
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by seguno2: 10:22am On May 21, 2017
Jolar101:
I agreed with Falana on this.
We don't even see what the first budget of APC government its been used for

If you go to a London hospital where our president is being treated despite billions budgeted for Aso Rock clinic, you will see what the first budget of APC is being used for.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by unite4real: 10:23am On May 21, 2017
Bugatie:
2017 budget still being tossed around almost half of the year. This country sef

our budget is not January to December. Its May to April.

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by molasautos(m): 10:25am On May 21, 2017
Mr man only nass cannot impeach d president it have to go thru all d state house of assembly too its not easy to impeach a president but its very easy to impeach a senate president cos that can b done by just d senators
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by kapturdfutur(m): 10:25am On May 21, 2017
this legislooters are really having fun with the budget,you guys should know our vp knows law and cant b intimitated to sign a forged document,be wise this legislooter cus OURMUMUDONDO

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by ganie(m): 10:26am On May 21, 2017
angels09:
Osinbajo is NOT Buhari. I see him giving the NASS a run for their money. The arrogance of the NASS has been aided by the nepotism and inactions of Buhari.
By not interfering in the process that brought in Saraki and Dogara as leaders or which?
Haters!
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Oblang(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2017
yaki84:
the way some people reason in dis forum is pathetic. So nass shud just clear whatever bills the president send to them without scrutinising it?

If nass see that a project which deserves urgent attention but is not or undercaptured in the bill, can't they unanimously propose for funds so the project can be completed in no time?

Next time the president shud not even bother to send the budget to the nass, they shud just assent it n start work with it.

No they don't have to clear it. What they should do is to send their own recommendation to the president for him to do the needful. Its just like the president sending a minister to the nass for approval and dem nw replacing the person with someone else...

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by oscarline2002: 10:29am On May 21, 2017
The budget was rebased and reviewed by Nass with an incremental value of 42billion to cover girl friends expenditures or allowances. Anyway, if prof is sure of the additional amount, he should expeditiously sign the budget without minding reactions and detractors around. When 2016 fiscal year came on board, was the 6.07 trillion budget implemented to its full capacity? It is not a function of huge budget predicated on the indexes of oil price regime but the realization of the set goals and targets accomplishments that makes the legality of a budget. The inability to sign this budget on time portend danger and the result of it give rise to recession.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by xponet007(m): 10:31am On May 21, 2017
If d law do not permit d nass to increase d national budget, does it mean d nass are ignorant of d law they made? By d way what year's budget are they talking about? I guess is 2018 lols........ Comedians are more serious than Nigeria govt. well if there is any irregularities in d budget VP should not sign.

Those in favour of VP to sign d budget with irregularities say I, n those against say nay............... D nay has it.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by engrchykae(m): 10:32am On May 21, 2017
angels09:
Osinbajo is NOT Buhari. I see him giving the NASS a run for their money. The arrogance of the NASS has been aided by the nepotism and inactions of Buhari.
the acting president should sign the budget before the senate president and speaker begin their move to impeach him.they can do it
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Nobody: 10:47am On May 21, 2017
This d.amn jungle need some revolt!...nothing is working!!
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by thunder74(m): 10:49am On May 21, 2017
But Falana has not cited any law that says National Assembly can not increase the budget.

All I know is that he that has the ultimate power to approve can either increase, reduce or reject it outrightly.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Nobody: 10:51am On May 21, 2017
yaki84:
the way some people reason in dis forum is pathetic. So nass shud just clear whatever bills the president send to them without scrutinising it?

If nass see that a project which deserves urgent attention but is not or undercaptured in the bill, can't they unanimously propose for funds so the project can be completed in no time?

Next time the president shud not even bother to send the budget to the nass, they shud just assent it n start work with it.
your own reasoning is appalling. how can the Nass increase a budget they don't source the funds for? what if there's no fund to execute those budgets? their power is to advise the sender the executive on necessary appropriations not unilaterally appropriate.

using your own logic, the Nass should prepare a the budget and sign it into law.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Nobody: 10:53am On May 21, 2017
xponet007:
If d law do not permit d nass to increase d national budget, does it mean d nass are ignorant of d law they made? By d way what year's budget are they talking about? I guess is 2018 lols........ Comedians are more serious than Nigeria govt. well if there is any irregularities in d budget VP should not sign.

Those in favour of VP to sign d budget with irregularities say I, n those against say nay............... D nay has it.

the 2016 fiscal year is not from January to Dec. it ends in may.
ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Boyooosa(m): 10:53am On May 21, 2017
SENSIBLE TALK IN A WHILE!
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by thunder74(m): 10:54am On May 21, 2017
schoolboij:

your own reasoning is appalling. how can the Nass increase a budget they don't source the funds for? what if there's no fund to execute those budgets? their power is to advise the sender the executive on necessary appropriations not unilaterally appropriate.

using your own logic, the Nass should prepare a the budget and sign it into law.
I know you know also that it is the same National Assembly that sets the oil benchmark and approve funding sources.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by thunder74(m): 10:57am On May 21, 2017
schoolboij:

the 2016 fiscal year is not from January to Dec. it ends in may.
ignoramus.
You are right but was caused by Buhari's delay in presenting and padding of last year's budget. Our year is January to December. June to May is born out of the doctrine of necessities.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by PREBuhari2019: 11:02am On May 21, 2017
The budget does not have any impact on masses been sign or not. Rubbish govenment.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by me69: 11:04am On May 21, 2017
I wonder ooo. For which country a government presents its budget just for national assembly to change it? They have been talking about separation of powers, but have they forgotten that president and his government are the one to conduct the affairs of the state, they set the policies including the budget, legislooters are just here to vote passage. If you are not satisfied with the budget just send it back to Mr Presido and tell him why you thing he is breaching the law or whatever with his appropriation bill, if no law is breached just vote, YOU ARE MERLY THERE TO BE VOTING
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by hibee4uall(m): 11:04am On May 21, 2017
yaki84:

OGA,we are talking of law here not your opinion or mine. Ask 10 unbiased lawyers, at least 9, if not all, of them will tell you that falana is absolutely right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vote APC Out In 2019 If .... - Bukola Saraki's Throwback Tweet / Blasphemy In Bauchi: ECWA Pastor Injured, Houses Burnt / Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.