Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers (50737 Views)

LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga / Coup Scare: No Evidence Document Referenced By Nigerian Military, SSS Exists / FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by sammyj: 4:17pm On May 21, 2017
At the end of it all nothing will come out of it since the same people involved are the elite who has become untouchable to this PMB slow government. angry
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 21, 2017
Yinmu.

1 Like

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by Mayydayy(m): 4:42pm On May 21, 2017
He who lived by the gun goes down by the gun.Buhari overthrew someone who was democratically elected in this country. Don't forget that karma never forgets.its a biatch!
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:43pm On May 21, 2017
Suprnov3r:
Buhari led the coup that moved Nigeria from democracy to military rule. He deserves whatever happens to him

This coup gist is being played by tge Cabal to ensure further ethnic cleansing of the military. They have cleaned out southerners in top positions in EFCC, DSS, police and court systems.

They are cleansing the military. They want to ensure tgat there is no opposition to total take over of Nigeria

The north cannot rule Nigeria by force. There are too many points of pressure the people can apply to crash the system.
IBB had total control of the political, economic and military structure of the country. Yet when the people said "Go" he had no choice. Nigeria is to complex for that sh..it]

4 Likes

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:43pm On May 21, 2017
Suprnov3r:
Buhari led the coup that moved Nigeria from democracy to military rule. He deserves whatever happens to him

This coup gist is being played by tge Cabal to ensure further ethnic cleansing of the military. They have cleaned out southerners in top positions in EFCC, DSS, police and court systems.

They are cleansing the military. They want to ensure tgat there is no opposition to total take over of Nigeria

The north cannot rule Nigeria by force. There are too many points of pressure the people can apply to collapse the system.
IBB had total control of the political, economic and military structure of the country. Yet when the people said "Go" he had no choice. Nigeria is too complex for that sh..it]

3 Likes

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by updatesflow: 4:45pm On May 21, 2017
If the army actually succeed na gobe be that o. Student expelled from school for sleeping with teacher's husband
SOURCE: http://www.updatesflow.tk/2017/05/unbelievable-student-expelled-for.html
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 21, 2017
Buhari's own FOB...

1 Like

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by greatermax77(m): 4:48pm On May 21, 2017
When I say PMB supporters are the real enemies of Nigeria, they refute it.
Have you people seen where Buhari has taken us to? Back to 1983

2 Likes

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by BABANGBALI: 4:49pm On May 21, 2017
E no concern me, all I know be sey assnal is not playing champions league next season

1 Like

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by dingbang(m): 4:50pm On May 21, 2017
Mchew....
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 21, 2017
Serendip:
The Nigerian Army may have begun an internal search for soldiers and officers suspected to be engaging in political meetings, a top military source has told SUNDAY PUNCH.

The source said that some arrests may have been made, but that the information was being kept as top secret so as not to add to public tension.

Some other sources who spoke with our correspondent on Saturday also noted that the establishment of an army unit in Daura, Katsina State, on Friday, named Muhammadu Buhari Forward Operation Base, by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, was an effort to fortify the president’s hometown and a public pledge of loyalty.

On Tuesday, Buratai, in a tense language, had warned officers and soldiers to steer clear of politics, as information had reached him that some officers were involved in political meetings for “undisclosed reasons.”

The army chief had advised officers and soldiers interested in politicking to resign from the service, as any officer caught would be severely penalised.

Three days after the alert (Friday), Buratai went to Daura, where he inaugurated the army unit, and paid a courtesy call on the Emir of Daura, Dr Faruk Umar.

The details of the meeting have yet to be known.

The army chief, at the ceremony, had said the establishment of the unit was to enhance security in parts of 1 Division, which Daura town fell under.

Also, the Director, Army Public Relations, Brig. Gen. Sani Usman, said, “The establishment of the new unit was part of the implementation of the Nigerian Army approved Order of Battle 2016 (ORBAT 2016) by the Army council.

“Prior to that, the COAS was also at the Palace of his Royal Highness, Alhaji Faruk Umar, the Emir of Daura, for a courtesy call.”

The top army source said the army knew quite well the weight of its statement on politicking soldiers in the country, and had already followed up with high intelligence-driven search, adding that the public groups and civil societies could not be more rigorous than the army.

Other sources told our correspondent that some of the suspected political meetings were held under the guise of some of the recently redeployed 147 soldiers and officers, allegedly trying to familiarise with their new hosts.

When contacted on the measures the army was taking on the alert of soldiers hobnobbing with politicians, the army spokesman, Usman, said the army was a professional service, and would not hesitate to brief the public if it considered the information as necessary.

He said, “The army is a disciplined and professional service. We relate well with the Nigerian public. When there is need to disclose information, we will.”

http://punchng.com/coup-scare-army-clamps-down-on-suspected-soldiers/
Buhari done die?
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by omogin(f): 4:53pm On May 21, 2017
I hope this is not a ploy to sack southern soldiers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by stinkmainer: 4:55pm On May 21, 2017
I HOPE THIS IS NOT ANOTHER MOVE BY THE CURRENT MUSLIM NORTHAN ARMY LEADERS TO PURGE THE ARMY OF OTHER TRIBES OF SOUTHWEST SOUTH SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST DECENT.

BURITUEI WE ARE WATCHING!!

1 Like

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by omooba969(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2017
IgbosAreGreat:
cool

I need d names of those army

U mean soldiers? undecided

English sef. grin
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by babyfaceafrica: 4:56pm On May 21, 2017
Is this all from punch?..they could do better
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by springtech(m): 4:57pm On May 21, 2017
Adonbilivit joooor.

I smile to the bank weekly.
I live above recession.
Glory be to God.
Check my Signature to know how.
Thank me later
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by onward4life(m): 5:03pm On May 21, 2017
lockupnop:
OK angry

I understand you don't want to give us tension initially but why saying it again since u clamp some of them better to be top secret .... angry angry

If u don't know it will be good news to me and some Nigeria's undecided

At least dollars was still better in military regime and US ticket then was 25k

The only thing we gain in Democracy is Phone+Internet

No Bokoharam , Police was acting normal to some extent

Since 1999 police has being shooting innocent people so why not keep ur secret instead of still publishing it .

Yu so damn right

Tecno + data

If not we have almost exterminate all the human capital of this GI ant naTion
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by chuksjuve(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2017
what is a coup
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by klax(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:

Both scenarios are terrible
What crime did Nigeria commit to deserve Buhari

Thanks same question I have be asking sinice May 2015 till date

This is a real nightmare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:12pm On May 21, 2017
chuksjuve:
what is a coup
A car with only one door
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by Souljaboi1: 5:16pm On May 21, 2017
raker300:
Nigerian officers only know how to shoot at and harass unarmed civilians..why not go and confront Cameroon?

Isn't confronting Cameroon without provocation irrational ?

Sometimes, the way you guys talk about the Nigerian Military surprises me.

Take it or leave it, the Military boast of some the best minds in the country.
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by Iykecaroll(m): 5:23pm On May 21, 2017
criminalmindz:
brutai has gone to open a military base so when the coup takes place and there is a revolt in katsina. the army there will curb it. a coup might take place this week

Word!
Believe it or not, something big is coming in this country, & it will shake it to its foundations if we're not all careful.
God help us!

1 Like

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 21, 2017
fulaniHERDSman:
I pay my bills .. so i say, fvck the buratai and politicians. You down with them ... fvck you too cool cool

MA nigga cheesy
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 21, 2017
Radiohead6:

BTW THE EARTH IS FLAT AND COVERED BY A DOME (THE FIRMAMENT)
I need more emphasis on this please, any sites or places you can recommend me a read?
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by overall90: 5:26pm On May 21, 2017
What I don't understand is the relationship between coupe scare and the establishment of an army unit in Daura .
Something tells me that this people are cooking something.
Only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by stexsy(m): 5:34pm On May 21, 2017
This will be an excuse to sack Southern Officers from the Millitary. They will soon release a list of suppose coup ploters which ll be mainly southerners....

3 Likes

Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by Tecno66: 5:34pm On May 21, 2017
hakeem4:
Why should there even be a coup in this present day
To prevent shift of power because there is a zoning arrangment which nature wants to change. A policeman threathened to kill 200 nigerians if that shift takes place. There are thousands of soldiers that have same mentality as the partially deranged policeman.
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by CioAngels(f): 5:37pm On May 21, 2017
L only pity the suspected soldiers who could be innocent or might not be any coup at all, but fake report or better still the whistleblower might be the executor if any coup plan atall. Coups are mostly executed by the Northerners so there was no need fortifying daura becos they are his people and the fulani herdsmen are all there to protect buhari as he is protecting them. Good turn, they say deserves another, so burutai should stop wasting money fortifying becos No harm will come to buhari, or should i say fortifying is a good channel to loot more than before.
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:37pm On May 21, 2017
denko:
southerner will be the victim of this fathom coup alarm.

Hmmmmmm

But, why?
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by madjune(m): 5:40pm On May 21, 2017
Pictures or....
Re: Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers by Charly68: 5:42pm On May 21, 2017
People just talk jargons in this page,we all know the tradition of the military in dealing with coup plotters ,once caught in the act,death is the penalty .. notwithstanding public opinion the plotters will have to face the music . Awolowo said the worst civilian Govt is better than the best military Govt ..it is even sickening to hear some people could contemplate to take over a Govt that is doing her best to drive the country out of the wood.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Writes President Buhari Over Kano Mysterious Deaths / Tinubu’s Inauguration: Ganduje, Soludo Denied Access To VIP Section / The Nation Confirms Senator Ekweremadu, Wife's Arrest, Arraignment In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.