Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,801 members, 7,841,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime (709 Views)

Chimaroke Nnamani, Sullivan Chime, Ekweremadu Throwback Photo / Celebration Of The People The Moment Wike Won The Election (photos) / Osinbajo, Ugwuanyi, Rochas Attend Sullivan Chime's Book Launch (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by sonsomegrigbo: 12:35pm On May 21, 2017
- Sullivan Chime declared the PDP is dead and buried

- The former Enugu governor said those are still there must forge a new path

- He said he had to tell his people the truth because of conscience

Sullivan Chime who is a former governor of Enugu state has declared that the Peoples Democratic Party is dead and that anyone still there doesn’t know what he or she is doing.

The former governor who was in power for eight years on the platform of the PDP also defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress a few weeks ago and was on hand to receive over 1000 new defectors.

READ ALSO: Army begins arrest of soldiers over alleged coup plotting

Daily Post reports that the former governor spoke on Saturday, May 19 when a former Commissioner for Culture and Tourism in Enugu State, Chief Joe Mmamel, defected to the APC.

Mmamel was received by his ward chairman of the APC, Chidozie Uchenna; state chairman, Dr Ben Nwoye; national vice chairman (South-East), Chief Emma Enukwu and Chime.

Mmamel said he joined the APC because his local government was in dire need of development and that he made the decision so that it was benefit from new uplift.

“It is sad that the PDP is dead. Therefore, we need to align ourselves to a political party that will bring visible development to our people.

“We are going to a political party that will receive and help us to realise our dreams.”

Chime who spoke later said it was necessary for those still in the PDP to forge a new path.

The former governor said having been in the PDP for a long time, he could tell that the party was now dead.

He said his conscience wuld not rest until he tells his people the truth.

He said: “The PDP we all belonged to is dead. If I fail to tell you, my conscience will judge me. One of the factional chairmen of the party even advised his followers recently to contest elections elsewhere.

“APC came into existence and barely one year after they dethroned the PDP. No matter how strong you are if death comes you must go and that was the lot of PDP.

https://www.naij.com/1105816-pdp-dead-i-people-truth-chime.html
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 21, 2017
k
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by Mynd44: 12:48pm On May 21, 2017
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by ApolitiCal: 12:54pm On May 21, 2017
Two PDP governors killed PDP because of their egoism not to work with Sheriff
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by ekhai(m): 1:04pm On May 21, 2017
I KNOW SULLIVAN CHIME WILL RECEIVE THE BASHING OF HIS LIFE TODAY ON THIS TREND FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH. WHEN MARKARFI ASKED HIS MEMBERS IN OSUN TO CONTEST THE FORTHCOMING BY-ELECTION ON AN OTHER PLATFORM, THERE WAS NO BASHING.

CHIME WELCOME HOME.
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by ekhai(m): 1:06pm On May 21, 2017
LAA.LA DO THE NEEDFUL. FRONT PAGE DIRECT.
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by ekhai(m): 1:08pm On May 21, 2017
ApolitiCal:
Two PDP governors killed PDP because of their egoism not to work with Sheriff
Yes that's the truth. If Fayose and Wike agreed to work with Sheriff, there would've been no crisis in the PDP.
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by ipobbigot7: 1:15pm On May 21, 2017
Chime your people are steretype into believing in lies and taking sides with anything wrong.
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by pressplay411(m): 1:29pm On May 21, 2017
APC keeps welcoming the same people that ruined PDP.
Who is PDP?
Is it not the people that make the party?

They better ensure its not the same people that were fattening up on the country's loot while the masses were dying of hunger.
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by Victornezzar: 1:45pm On May 21, 2017
Both of dem are d same tin o
APC=PDP
D same set of people
but by d way Apga dey fear 2 compete
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:49pm On May 21, 2017
Lol. Politician are real comedy walahi. A party in charge of your state and holds almost all the nooks and cranies is dead.

I'm not a partisan but these politicians will not stop amazing me. Always telling lies for their selfish interest. If APC expels him or denies him favour tomorrow, APC will be dead.

Anyway, enjoy. I respect Sullivan remembering what he did in Enugu state.
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by alizma: 1:50pm On May 21, 2017
ok
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime by gberra: 2:10pm On May 21, 2017
We Igbos are very good in marketing. Many of our leaders are trooping into APC to market it while they demarket PDP into ruin. We can never do without the government in power, we are never made with such sagacity unlike our Yoruba superiors.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Flash! Vice President To Be Sworn In . / Photos From Ohaneze Ndigbo's Meeting With Anambra State House Of Assembly / South East Leaders Reiterate Commitment To United Nigeria ON July 2, 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.