Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu (17600 Views)

I Have No Problem With Tinubu - Ambode Speaks On Rift / 2019: How Ambode's Quarrel With Tinubu Started (FULL STORY) / Akeredolu Snubs Handshake With Tinubu At APC Rally, Ajimobi Used As Shield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by HungerBAD: 5:28am On May 22, 2017
By Dapo Akinrefon

SENATOR Musiliu Obanikoro’s imminent exit from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has been linked to the emergence of Senator Ali Modu Sheriff as national chairman of the party and his crave for political reconciliation with his erstwhile political leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The claims were strengthened penultimate weekend after Obanikoro joined an entourage of Tinubu’s associates when the former Lagos State governor was presented with the staff of Eyo. Tinubu’s spokesman, Mr. Tunde Rahman who confirmed Obanikoro’s presence also told Vanguard that the reconciliation was no longer an issue as the former senator and ambassador had claimed that he was back to the fold of his political leader.

The presentation was done in the Bourdillon Road residence of the APC leader.

Among those present with Obanikoro at the presentation were former Lagos State deputy governor, Femi Pedro and some other political associates of Tinubu.

Mr. Ademola Rewaju, a very close associate of Obanikoro who spoke on behalf of the former commissioner, senator and ambassador on the development, however, affirmed that Obanikoro had not moved officially to the APC. He put the emergence of Senator Sheriff as a major reason for Obanikoro’s imminent defection.

“Senator Obanikoro has said that he cannot remain in a party where Senator Ali Modu Sheriff is the national chairman of the party. He has even said that even if the Supreme Court decides the case in favour of Sheriff, he will not remain in the PDP,” Rewaju said.

He has not moved officially to the APC. If someone like Obanikoro moves, it is going to be celebrated. He is a former local government chairman, a former commissioner, a former Senator and a former Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; he cannot move to another political party without it being celebrated.

Though a reconciliation has taken place between him and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and that is why you saw him sitting together with the former governor at his residence. They have actually reconciled their difference.” Tinubu’s spokesman, Mr. Tunde Rahman also confirmed the reconciliation, saying Obanikoro was present when the eyo staff was presented to Tinubu and Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State.

I have stated it elsewhere before I don’t think there is an issue here. Senator Obanikoro himself had said in a post on social media that he has come to be reconciled with his political leader.

He said the more he distanced himself from Asiwaju Tinubu, the more he got into trouble. When he returned, Asiwaju took him back. You know he has a large heart, so if you see him around Asiwaju as you saw him when the Opa-eyo (eyo staff) was presented to Asiwaju Tinubu and Governor Ambode last Sunday as a mark of respect to the duo you must understand that it is within the context that he is now back home.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/sheriff-pushed-obanikoro-reconcile-tinubu/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by slyng(m): 5:33am On May 22, 2017
.if you like make obanikoro the chairman of pdp, it wont change anytin. He's already a goner.

1 Like

Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by ettybaba(m): 5:48am On May 22, 2017
Person wey pass you don pass you.
Tinubu is ahead of his enemies.
I'm waiting for FFK's excuse for reconciling with Tinubu.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by ipobarecriminals: 5:56am On May 22, 2017
loading. ....................
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by Mynd44: 6:31am On May 22, 2017
Wait Demola is talking? Lmaooooo.

The same person who has blocked almost everyone who criticized Obanikoro? This guy up until saturday was making threads to deny this info. Politics is too funny

2 Likes

Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by olujastro: 7:00am On May 22, 2017
All these shameless political jumpologists. If Tinubu and Buhari had decamped to PDP all these years, would there have been an APC for them to jump into now? Rubbish!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by Lilaex: 10:08am On May 22, 2017
angry angry
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by atirolu(m): 10:08am On May 22, 2017
Come and see the shameless guy running up and down to escape prosecution of looted funds

5 Likes

Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by Bimpe29: 10:09am On May 22, 2017
That is how it has always been here.....
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by DrObum(m): 10:09am On May 22, 2017
Ok.

E no concern me!

Na still thieves

1 Like

Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by tahir01(m): 10:10am On May 22, 2017
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by Pavore9: 10:10am On May 22, 2017
Sheriff should not be used as the excuse, Obanikoro like every other Politicians look out for parties that will favour their personal interest at any given time!

3 Likes

Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by te34jir35(m): 10:11am On May 22, 2017
All these politicians matter dn tire person
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by tobtap: 10:12am On May 22, 2017
cool cool
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by lonelydora: 10:12am On May 22, 2017
Okay nah
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by Barrysleek(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2017
With Koro and Jagaban together Lagos votes is 80% secured to any presidential candidate Tinubu throws is weight on.

3 Likes

Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by magoo10(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2017
Sheriff is a disaster that has to be eradicated .
Nigeria politics need a vibrant opposition and not a one party state
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2017
Oga Koro good luck in APC. I know he is eying Lagos West in 2019...

Demola Olarewanju sef don technically wakar... e be like na Only SAS go remain for PDP.

As for me, APDA bell ringing
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by gaskiyamagana: 10:17am On May 22, 2017
Tinubu who made APC will destroy it as long as he did not learn from Saraki betrayal.
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by Emassive(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2017
Politicians and prostitution ... Their problem though. There will be lots of political killings by 2019 for sure
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by paparazzi1987(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2017
Oloriburuku ni gbo gbo yin..awon omo ale jati jati

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by AllTheWayUp: 10:18am On May 22, 2017
grin grin grin

Story for the gods
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by Slai1: 10:24am On May 22, 2017
A mole whose works and deeds are going to destroy him SOONEST - Sheriff.

1 Like

Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by seangy4konji: 10:27am On May 22, 2017
Oloriburuku. If it sure for ou whybi deh advertise here?in as much as I never play or know how to play this thing. I think your cheap scam and the way u put up this picture always make me want to swear make dangote trailer jam u but I know at u deh hustle ni.

Ur pictures distract me. Why not get naija e mail and spam them or phone numbers and send bulk SMS for his scam. Deh waste ur time.
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by omolaraisho: 10:35am On May 22, 2017
Good morning NL family.. am omolara 23 a 400 level student of one of the prestigious university in Nigeria. Please I humbly solicit with the Good people of NL to please help me Out with #15 000.to finalize my Project which I have between now and 26th of May.I have my valid documents as a proof. Please help .thanks in anticipation...Omolara 0123979307.GTB .thanks in anticipation
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by Data75: 10:52am On May 22, 2017
u can't do without Tinubu in Lagos politics
Re: How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu by NoMindThem: 10:55am On May 22, 2017
olujastro:
All these shameless political jumpologists. If Tinubu and Buhari had decamped to PDP all these years, would there have been an APC for them to jump into now? Rubbish!

No vex...... pardon the idiot..... Jumping from one party to anoda is d only way dey(polithiefians) exercise......... Unitary govt loading........

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia State Governor Appeals To Kano State Governor To Accept Abia Chieftaincy Ti / Ahmad Lawan Receives Nomination Forms / Ben Ayade Sacks Traditional Ruler For "Dabbling In Partisan Politics"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.