Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,155 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Presidency Must Stop Serving Imported Rice, Baked Beans, Others – Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Presidency Must Stop Serving Imported Rice, Baked Beans, Others – Ikpeazu (463 Views)

El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 / Fayose: Buhari On Life-Support, Needs Prayer, Presidency Must Tell Us Truth / Why Presidency Arms Probe Was Disbanded — Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Presidency Must Stop Serving Imported Rice, Baked Beans, Others – Ikpeazu by Limitednow: 5:33am On May 22, 2017
THE Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, has said the Federal Government must not only show commitment to the ease of doing business in Nigeria and usage of goods made in the country in words alone but by deeds.

Ikpeazu in an interview with select journalists on Friday night, said it was a contradiction for the government at the federal level that is promoting made in Nigeria products to still be serving imported meals in the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

Reacting to the signing of three executive bills that are business-related by the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, Governor Ikpeazu said: “I commend the Presidency for that.

“It is very encouraging to our efforts.

“It is what we have been expecting them to do.

“But whatever they say or do, it is not complete, until it affects rice, baked beans, salad cream and other imported products that we are consuming daily in Nigeria.

“I am looking forward to a time when they will stop serving imported rice, baked beans, etc at the Federal Executive Council meetings and other events around the Villa.

“Since I became Governor, I have been eating local rice and wearing made in Aba clothes to support our people.”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/05/presidency-must-stop-serving-imported-rice-baked-beans-others-ikpeazu/

1 Share

Re: Why Presidency Must Stop Serving Imported Rice, Baked Beans, Others – Ikpeazu by Limitednow: 5:35am On May 22, 2017
Ikpeazu don't waste your time on them, they don't lead by example.
Re: Why Presidency Must Stop Serving Imported Rice, Baked Beans, Others – Ikpeazu by olujastro: 7:08am On May 22, 2017
I agree but everything will take time. The Acting President is currently working hard on us producing and consuming locally made goods. But we won't all suddenly start consuming all round locally made products. We have to start producing first, then work on the quality and standards so they can compete with the foreign brands.
Make person no go chop baked beans or use salad cream made with bad water in one backyard like that come dey purge full soak away. Imagine it happens to the Acting President.
Re: Why Presidency Must Stop Serving Imported Rice, Baked Beans, Others – Ikpeazu by fyneguy: 7:14am On May 22, 2017
If the Governor read the Executive Orders and Osinbajo's speech when he addressed MDA's heads, he would note that's part of the decisions going forward.
Re: Why Presidency Must Stop Serving Imported Rice, Baked Beans, Others – Ikpeazu by brightology3: 7:15am On May 22, 2017
See them

(1) (Reply)

PEOPLE'S PRIMARIES 2019 - ENUGU / Pdp Chieftains, 25,000 Others Decamp To Apc In Kebbi / The Drum Of War Is Looming: Proof That Social Media Is Powerful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.