Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 (648215 Views)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Recruitment For Entry-levels At Nigerian Immigration Service NIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 2:58pm On May 27, 2017
merit1988:
u have said it all bro. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed to be called for screening cos I just learnt that 90% of those that will be called,will come from the north.so why the worry sef?
Haha, what's your source, so an Hausa Man will be posted to immigration office in the south south and the south east, it's too early to bring tribal permutations and combinations into this.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by yahzak: 3:01pm On May 27, 2017
I'm just here hoping and praying that we are given a final chance to correct any mistake we did after locking up the data. I'm scared of reapplying due to the disqualification threat when you apply multiple times. Just wish there was a way we can get to them and appeal for a data Mistake correction. Really not fair to miss such an opportunity just because of a mistake one might have made.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by africanman85: 3:25pm On May 27, 2017
How do I put start date, month and year in my first school leaving cert, Olevel and Bsc since I cannot remember the actual start day and month I got admission ? I can only remember my graduation date.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Lagusta(m): 4:09pm On May 27, 2017
africanman85:
How do I put start date, month and year in my first school leaving cert, Olevel and Bsc since I cannot remember the actual start day and month I got admission ? I can only remember my graduation date.

Oga put any date there, but the years must tally....

Who has time to be checking dates?

3 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by fabem(m): 4:10pm On May 27, 2017
Hi guys,

If you are having issues like Filling of Olevel results especially two sitting, uploading of passport, cannot save data and other related issues, i will advice to wait till midnight. Also make sure you choose the right position for your qualification, i discovered that it affected some people during filling of the forms. So read instruction very well before applying. I.e BSC/MSC holder that suppose to apply for Superintendent Cadre, but applying for Inspectorate cadre meant for HND and vice versa. It will affect your data when you get to Tertiary stage of the form. You will see grade meant for HND and won't see BSC grade there and vice versa which means you have made a mistake choosing another position which as automatically disqualify you. You will have to apply again with a new email from the beginning. So check well and remain calm when applying.

Pure advice: Also, make sure the referee you use when applying is the same you are going to fill inside your guarantors/referees you print with the confirmation slip. Don't just pick anyhow referees. look for referees that works with civil service with above level 10 or has any organization affiliated to Government. This is a federal Government job, what they consider first is your referees/guarantors before other qualifications follows. So don't rush when applying, look for a better referees.

if you have other issues applying, you can get in touch with me or drop your question here.

Call/whatsapp: 08029359634

Thank You.

Courtesy: Instinct Computer Consult

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by jagoshogz: 4:38pm On May 27, 2017
Hello pls im currently working but i cant See a box to check in the work experience area. When i leave the end date blank it dosent proceed. Any ideas?

fabem:
Hi guys,

If you are having issues like Filling of Olevel results especially two sitting, uploading of passport, cannot save data and other related issues, i will advice to wait till midnight. Also make sure you choose the right position for your qualification, i discovered that it affected some people during filling of the forms. So read instruction very well before applying. I.e BSC/MSC holder that suppose to apply for Superintendent Cadre, but applying for Inspectorate cadre meant for HND and vice versa. It will affect your data when you get to Tertiary stage of the form. You will see grade meant for HND and won't see BSC grade there and vice versa which means you have made a mistake choosing another position which as automatically disqualify you. You will have to apply again with a new email from the beginning. So check well and remain calm when applying.

Pure advice: Also, make sure the referee you use when applying is the same you are going to fill inside your guarantors/referees you print with the confirmation slip. Don't just pick anyhow referees. look for referees that works with civil service with above level 10 or has any organization affiliated to Government. This is a federal Government job, what they consider first is your referees/guarantors before other qualifications follows. So don't rush when applying, look for a better referees.

if you have other issues applying, you can get in touch with me or drop your question here.

Call/whatsapp: 08029359634

Thank You.

Courtesy: Instinct Computer Consult
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by africanman85: 5:19pm On May 27, 2017
Lagusta:

Oga put any date there, but the years must tally....
Who has time to be checking dates?
Thank you boss
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Basalt(m): 5:25pm On May 27, 2017
Please who has been able to APPLY within the past two days,
each time I try to lock my data, I always get RECORD CAN NOT BE SAVED response.

it seems the appication has ended

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by skeelz(m): 5:31pm On May 27, 2017
piscesgem:

It's not true...you only have two routes in immigration, fire, civil defence, and prisons, Superintendent and inspectorate, the former can rise to become the head of the organization, while the later will only remain on the inspectorate cadre, though they can rise as high as level 15 but will not be head and for now cant convert to the superintendent cadre...just as this recruitment shows, both BSc and HND are level 8...but BSc automatically enters from Superintendent cadre, while HND starts from inspectorate cadre which have now been enlarged and made a separate route

Pls dnt argue on stuff u dont know, let me skool you... Their has always been inspectorate and supritendant cadres.. . With HND you are recruited as a senior inspector, their are four ranks above the senior inspector rank in the inspectorate cadre i.e PII principal inspector of immigration, ACII assistant chief inspector of immigration, DCII deputy chief inspector of immigration, CII chief inspector of immigration... all that ends at conpass 12.... Where as when recruited as an assistant supritendant you have 10 ranks to reach the CG comptroller general..... So i am sure you know this means those on inspectorate cadre wont just retire after attaining 4 ranks.... Now based on your years of service from that CI chief inspector you are promoted to a lower supritendant level of say maybe DSI duputy supritendant, by then those who joined tru supritendant at dsame time wit u are on a higher rank..... My father joined with ND as an assistant inspector and rose to DC which is just 4 ranks away from the comptroller general,.. . You either bliv it or you dnt, all thesame..

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Aloedamz(f): 5:48pm On May 27, 2017
skeelz:

Pls dnt argue on stuff u dont know, let me skool you... Their has always been inspectorate and supritendant cadres.. . With HND you are recruited as a senior inspector, their are four ranks above the senior inspector rank in the inspectorate cadre i.e PII principal inspector of immigration, ACII assistant chief inspector of immigration, DCII deputy chief inspector of immigration, CII chief inspector of immigration... all that ends at conpass 12.... Where as when recruited as an assistant supritendant you have 10 ranks to reach the CG comptroller general..... So i am sure you know this means those on inspectorate cadre wont just retire after attaining 4 ranks.... Now based on your years of service from that CI chief inspector you are promoted to a lower supritendant level of say maybe DSI duputy supritendant, by then those who joined tru supritendant at dsame time wit u are on a higher rank..... My father joined with ND as an assistant inspector and rose to DC,.. . You either bliv it or you dnt, all thesame..

Can u please help me confirm If my registering again for d superintendent cadre will disqualify me cos I mistakenly registered with Bsc for d inspector cadre (HND) which av already submitted........
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by eddie7: 6:02pm On May 27, 2017
skeelz:

Pls dnt argue on stuff u dont know, let me skool you... Their has always been inspectorate and supritendant cadres.. . With HND you are recruited as a senior inspector, their are four ranks above the senior inspector rank in the inspectorate cadre i.e PII principal inspector of immigration, ACII assistant chief inspector of immigration, DCII deputy chief inspector of immigration, CII chief inspector of immigration... all that ends at conpass 12.... Where as when recruited as an assistant supritendant you have 10 ranks to reach the CG comptroller general..... So i am sure you know this means those on inspectorate cadre wont just retire after attaining 4 ranks.... Now based on your years of service from that CI chief inspector you are promoted to a lower supritendant level of say maybe DSI duputy supritendant, by then those who joined tru supritendant at dsame time wit u are on a higher rank..... My father joined with ND as an assistant inspector and rose to DC which is just 4 ranks away from the comptroller general,.. . You either bliv it or you dnt, all thesame..
Ur dad must have gone through a conversion process if not he retires on the inspectorate cadre....speaking from NSCDC point view anyways
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by skeelz(m): 6:22pm On May 27, 2017
eddie7:

Ur dad must have gone through a conversion process if not he retires on the inspectorate cadre....speaking from NSCDC point view anyways

I would have mentioned he obtained additional qualification, his highest qualification was and still is national diploma ND. ..
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by ghadaphy(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2017
Dammyoni18:
My application confirmation slip is showing my surname and first name twice, instead of my surname, first name and other name. Anyone wt the same problem?

I think it is a general problem, if you go through previous comments from others, I have seen like 7 people saying the same thing
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by hardeyswaggz: 6:27pm On May 27, 2017
UP TILL NOW, I STILL CAN'T LOCK MY DATA...NA WAA OH
Basalt:
Please who has been able to APPLY within the past two days,
each time I try to lock my data, I always get RECORD CAN NOT BE SAVED response.

it seems the appication has ended
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Skydweller(m): 6:47pm On May 27, 2017
the teachers in the house should help me answer this question. Person wet get BA and NCE, which level hin go start from? How de person promotion go take be?

Thanks .
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 7:20pm On May 27, 2017
mayoor15:
Haha, what's your source, so an Hausa Man will be posted to immigration office in the south south and the south east, it's too early to bring tribal permutations and combinations into this.
[quote][/quote]oga,pls read what I wrote properly b4 u start ranting. I said I was told abt that even from an Hausa man sef OK! So how am I bringing tribal permutations here? Abeg no carry me for mind u here?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by mattyboy007(m): 7:57pm On May 27, 2017
Am yet to strt.. Will I be ask to upload anytin apart frm passport
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 8:04pm On May 27, 2017
merit1988:
oga,pls read what I wrote properly b4 u start ranting. I said I was told abt that even from an Hausa man sef OK! So how am I bringing tribal permutations here? Abeg no carry me for mind u here?
Divisive people like you are reason Nigeria is backward, come to think of it, you really think Nigerians are so dumb that 90% of the post will go to the Hausa's, so leaders in your states will be looking and they will post majorly Hausa's to your state, please don't discourage people, you should have not bother to apply since you have the info. Must we always paint a tribe black cos we hate them.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by ezebrightike: 8:29pm On May 27, 2017
Lol lol lol...Only came here to read comments, Hit the like button if that's what your also doing here
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by somito121(m): 9:42pm On May 27, 2017
Please how can one register this secondary(o'level certificate) issue. I need quick response.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by zanebaddo(m): 9:49pm On May 27, 2017
Please guys i dont understand this thing. .. . Ok so i got to some point where i had to choose my certificate.. But i couldnt find bsc among the options available, not until i discovered the page was for inspectorate cadre meant for HND and the likes..

I had tried to continue my application under the superintented cadre(bsc) but it keeps showing such data exists already. What do i do?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by teawhy85(m): 9:56pm On May 27, 2017
zanebaddo:
Please guys i dont understand this thing. .. . Ok so i got to some point where i had to choose my certificate.. But i couldnt find bsc among the options available, not until i discovered the page was for inspectorate cadre meant for HND and the likes..

I had tried to continue my application under the superintented cadre(bsc) but it keeps showing such data exists already. What do i do?

Register another Gmail and try again..bhone the other one
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 10:27pm On May 27, 2017
[/quote][quote author=mayoor15 post=56937809] Divisive people like you are reason Nigeria is backward, come to think of it, you really think Nigerians are so dumb that 90% of the post will go to the Hausa's, so leaders in your states will be looking and they will post majorly Hausa's to your state, please don't discourage people, you should have not bother to apply since you have the info. Must we always paint a tribe black cos we hate them.
lol.pepper body. Guess ur from the north! Well,I only said what I was told and I'm not afraid to say it. The best u should hv done was to correct and give high hopes rather than sound so bitter. Anyways,If e dey pain u,come and beat me. I'm at home.mcheww
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 10:34pm On May 27, 2017
merit1988:
lol.pepper body. Guess ur from the north! Well,I only said what I was told and I'm not afraid to say it. The best u should hv done was to correct and give high hopes rather than sound so bitter. Anyways,If e dey pain u,come and beat me. I'm at home.mcheww
Unfortunately for you am not from the North, grow up and stop tribal sentiments.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by ObaAyeni: 11:20pm On May 27, 2017
Greetings good people, pls I tried registering on the www.nisrecruitment.org.ng but the verification is yet to be sent to me.
Pls do I do?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Lagusta(m): 11:33pm On May 27, 2017
ObaAyeni:
Greetings good people, pls I tried registering on the www.nisrecruitment.org.ng but the verification is yet to be sent to me.
Pls do I do?
Thanks in anticipation

Use Gmail and check spam mail
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by blakwater(m): 1:03am On May 28, 2017
yahzak:
I'm just here hoping and praying that we are given a final chance to correct any mistake we did after locking up the data. I'm scared of reapplying due to the disqualification threat when you apply multiple times. Just wish there was a way we can get to them and appeal for a data Mistake correction. Really not fair to miss such an opportunity just because of a mistake one might have made.
I FINISHED MY REGISTRATION IN A DAY WHILE I WAIT AND CROSS CHECK FOR ERRORS FOR 2 DAYS .....THIS IS NIGERIA THEY ARE WAITING FOR YOU TO MAKE THAT MISTAKE SEF

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by SuccesYear: 3:06am On May 28, 2017
Wait oo, is it like is not advisable to 'back' and cross check o' level details. I observe after successfully saved if u recheck u re still going to refill.......................I mean for one sitting.......... also,it brought out only English and Maths

2) on weight and height - am awared I posses d requirements but not specific. Can a guess be made or go for measurement?

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by queenoyinda: 6:00am On May 28, 2017
Please are we to print out the confirmation and referee form in coloured or black and white?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Tboy243: 6:30am On May 28, 2017
Please, am i d only 1 experiencing this? The results of one of my sittings isn't displaying except Maths and English. I have tried and tried still but it still won't bring list to fill in other subjects . please kindly assist me.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by zanebaddo(m): 6:30am On May 28, 2017
teawhy85:

Register another Gmail and try again..bhone the other one
Thank you done that already
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 6:50am On May 28, 2017
mayoor15:
Unfortunately for you am not from the North, grow up and stop tribal sentiments.
[quote][/quote]I hear u Mr tribal sentiments. Misinterpretation will do u no good OK! Chao! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (158) (Reply)

Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.