Stats: 3,155,870 members, 7,828,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos (20737 Views)

TCN Announces Planned Power Outage In Lagos And Ogun State / President Buhari Returns To Abuja From Paris After A 5-Day Official To France / NERC, Eko DISCO Sued For N50m Over Exorbitant Bill, Others (2) (3) (4)

Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 22, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

what bill? you probably think power workers carry ladder from house to house trying to cut light

Lmfao, we use prepaid meter here and you can monitor the usage of your appliances better instead of printing out fake bills like you do

Enjoy your third world status. No wonder you don't have power, you want everything cheap, everyone has moved on from power crisis except

Nigeria, keep looking for cheap shit, i spend the eqivalanet of NGN5k every month for uninterrupted power supply, i'm sure you only pay 1k that's

why you don't have light. Keep defending mediocrity and your government will keep using the lower class to play ball.

Well,I ain't defending or supporting the government.

I am merely pointing out why we do not have power.....we are not ready to pay for it.

It is going to cost N5 trillion at least to fix power in this country. We have to replace the whole transmission system to begin with.Our budget for this year was 8 trillion.

That is why we now got the whole thing privatised. Govt knows they cannot raise that cash.

And when the people and government are not paying, what do you expect.

You can't expect 24 hour light without paying for it.

By the way, my bill last month was 15000. Naira. Which I paid. Estimated billing. Not fair, but it is right to support your power industry.

Money for power improvement does not grow on trees....

Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by loomer: 12:34pm On May 22, 2017
I still no know weda dem no dey do maintenance for abroad, because we never ever hear say light no dey for one day
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by Muhammad3555(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2017
hmmmm

Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by babooshka: 12:37pm On May 22, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy laffing in spiritual powers. Light dey b4?!

Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by Abdstrakt(m): 12:42pm On May 22, 2017
yeye people
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by creekman(m): 12:50pm On May 22, 2017
ijustdey:

I don't understand. Was there light before? Abegiii... dey talk something else jare.....

https://m.guardian.ng/news/eko-disco-announces-5-day-power-outage-in-lagos/

Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by zeekleo(m): 1:17pm On May 22, 2017
WHERE THE LIGHT BEFORE....
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by sshalom(m): 1:19pm On May 22, 2017
At least they are announcing something!
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by megastu(m): 1:24pm On May 22, 2017
Tell them.

ibawon:
Una dey craze. we for Ibeju Lekki no get light for over 3 months. I spend 1k on petrol each​ day.
May thunder Finnish your Bosses.
We will go to your office and you guys will be giving apologetic stories.
5 days my ass
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 22, 2017
sylva1:
I hope this maintenance activity will improve power overall power situation.
Improve ke.The one they did on the mainland for one month around march didn't yield any result.The power situation became worse since then.
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by ghostmist: 2:05pm On May 22, 2017
9jakohai:

Ghanaians also pay twice as much in electricity bills as does the average Nigerian.....and they do not do things like refusing to pay bills.

You can't give what you don't have.

When last did you pay your bills.?
Bro, how about those who use prepaid meter and still no electricity...?
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 22, 2017
chmond84u:
Some places in Delta is 2 years outrage now. Morsoga
What happened to oghara Independent Power Plant
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by oloet: 2:33pm On May 22, 2017
PqsMike:
shocked 5 whole freaking days ??
Well, na naija we dey .....

Need a classic architectural design @ affordable price Check my profile/signature

oga, where u dey when we dey do one month for mainland
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by deomello: 2:46pm On May 22, 2017
9jakohai:

Well,I ain't defending or supporting the government.

I am merely pointing out why we do not have power.....we are not ready to pay for it.

It is going to cost N5 trillion at least to fix power in this country. We have to replace the whole transmission system to begin with.Our budget for this year was 8 trillion.

That is why we now got the whole thing privatised. Govt knows they cannot raise that cash.

And when the people and government are not paying, what do you expect.

You can't expect 24 hour light without paying for it.

By the way, my bill last month was 15000. Naira. Which I paid. Estimated billing. Not fair, but it is right to support your power industry.

Money for power improvement does not grow on trees....

Very sensible and intelligent post.

Though privatization at the moment looks horrible and unproductive, it is still the best route in the long run.

Sadly, the DISCOS have almost zero cash to invest or use to upgrade their operations and the transmission lines are almost worthless and in need of billions of dollars in new investments or just total overhaul.

Bottom line, the DISCO need money and banks won't lend them money.

I think the whole power system should have been sold to huge power entities outside the country with money, power generation and distribution and good management skills. Many were interested, but lack of government policy direction and focus pushed them away.

Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by elvision1(m): 3:03pm On May 22, 2017
chmond84u:
Some places in Delta is 2 years outrage now. Morsoga

mosogar. Don get light now o
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:12pm On May 22, 2017
highmood:
Who cares? What is the difference when you go off and what we have been experiencing?
Since you decide to go off, also decide to remove cost of the 5 day outage from our bill for this month.

the people that wld suffer d power outage won't mind since dey all av dier noiseless turn key generators
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by brojoshua: 4:16pm On May 22, 2017
Nigeria by its corruption has destroyed all the good that was meant for it leaving only pains and ruins for it. He who sows corrupt will reap pains , confusion and suffering tired . Unless we repent from our wickedness in Nigeria, I see more troubles for us and more woes. If people like, let them call me a prophet of doom for my people so hate truth
Re: Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos by wasuka14(m): 2:58am On May 23, 2017
I love this palace. Please tell me cost of building this palace?
PqsMike:
5 whole freaking days ??

Well, na naija we dey .....

Need a classic architectural design @ affordable price
Check my profile/signature

Benue Indigenes Protest In Enugu Over Herdsmen Killings Of Their People. / Fatai Buhari Visits Tinubu In London / Bayo Onanuga Deleted A Tweet About Land Allocated To Peter Obi In 2007