Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako (62311 Views)

Bola Tinubu And Adunoluwa Farombi, Moji Olaiya's Daughter Meet (Photos) / Moji Olaiya's Last Post On Instagram Before Her Death (Photos) / OluKayode Salako: 'Stop Reporting Me To Foluke Daramola, My Wife' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by bkool7(m): 5:04pm On May 22, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The man whose Burial was held last week was a former Governor of Western region, which Ekiti state was part of. So, you should expect a semi state burial.

Burial of citizens is NOT part of the responsibilities of government. World over, citizens bury their dead NOT government.

Of. cause I know its not a state responsibility but governors do have certain % of perogatives on where ,when or how to spend state funds when its politically expedient for them or just out of their magnanimity .
The call is for assistance not for them to fund everything . And thank God Lagos state in Tinubu has taken it

Lagos state under Fasola took some responsibility in the burial of late Sikiru Ayinde Barister in 2010.
Hw was just a citizen too. Not even from Lagos state .

Ondo govt also played a huge role in the legal luminary ,chief Gani fawehimi's burial
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Mandesz(m): 5:04pm On May 22, 2017
zxcvb:

so many uneducated idiots littering d cyber space... she was appointed by d Ekiti state govt as a cultural ambassador of Ekiti... jeez dont u get it..... it isn't a cross-country ambassadorial position... but a position withing Ekiti to boost and rebrand the Ekiti culture.

Guy go enrol in a day care school pls so u don't disgrace ur family name online out of ignorance

wrong again! stop making fool of yo self. av decided to add common sense to yo dead brain. d ambassador u mentioned is Neva a position. just a MARK OF HONOUR/RECOGNITION. no salary n no tenure. carry your moji n bury her yourself. abi e no get family like u?
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:13pm On May 22, 2017
bkool7:

Of. cause I know its not a state responsibility but governors do have certain % perogatives on where ,when or how to spend state funds when its politically expedient for them or just out of their magnanimity .
The call is for assistance not for them to fund everything . And thank God Lagos state in Tinubu as taken it

Lagos state under Fasola took some responsibility in the burial of late Sikiru Ayinde Barister in 2010.
Hw was just a citizen too. Not even from Lagos state .

Ondo govt also played a huge role in the legal luminary ,chief Gani fawehimi's burial

Prerogative to spend scarce resources on some privileged few when civil servants are yet to be paid? For what

Which law grant them some privilege?

I am against wasting resources on Yeyebrities. Public funds should be used on the public, government owe no yeyebrity nothing.
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2017
Mandesz:

wrong again! stop making fool of yo self. av decided to add common sense to yo dead brain. d ambassador u mentioned is Neva a position. just a MARK OF HONOUR/RECOGNITION. no salary n no tenure. carry your moji n bury her yourself. abi e no get family like u?
Na you even de waste your time on the guy.

2 Likes

Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Appareil(m): 5:17pm On May 22, 2017
neutrotoba:
So why is it all over the news that Ekiti state government halted the burial?
This story is a lie obviously.Fayose will surely fire back
Eye service

1 Like

Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by bkool7(m): 5:19pm On May 22, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Prerogative to spend scarce resources on some privileged few when civil servants are yet to be paid? For what

Which law grant them some privilege?

I am against wasting resources on Yeyebrities. Public funds should be used on the public, government owe no yeyebrity nothing.

I'm against it too
That's why they should stop it altogether rather than choosing which they should fund .
People are asking for it because they know the govt had done it before
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 22, 2017
Mandesz:

Guy I give up on ur case o.... educate ursef pls
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Gimmy(m): 5:20pm On May 22, 2017
See stupid ppl everywhere.. Dey don carry politics enter Burial arrangement again. RIP to the disease. You know how many ppl don die put for abroad so dont give credits to politician and dont unjustifiably discredit them. Anything dey do for you is for there own selfish interest. And if they dont answer your call that does not mean what they do to you is done to all. Leave Foyose and move on.

1 Like

Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by jeslofem: 5:20pm On May 22, 2017
hmmm
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by izobemheuwaize: 5:24pm On May 22, 2017
DeadlyViper000:
[s][/s]
Shatap there and get out!

fayose is the oshokomole of yoruba land the man his great deeds supercedes that of awolowo and any yeroba leader dead or alive
kiss the truth

what are his deeds ?

List them
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by goshen26: 5:36pm On May 22, 2017
May be Oga Fayose tried typing on the late woman' website, but the decesased refused......with reply <server error>
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Charly68: 5:42pm On May 22, 2017
neutrotoba:
So why is it all over the news that Ekiti state government halted the burial?
The guy is an expert in media hype my brother...he might have done that to gain popularity..That is Fayose for you
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 22, 2017
`
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Came: 5:49pm On May 22, 2017
Can't they contribute among themselves and bring the body home,dem no get association? The lady na Muslim, and ought to have been buried, all this bringing body home,no dey Muslim rite oooooo....make nobody blame any body oooooo... R. I. P. to the dead.
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Azam101: 5:51pm On May 22, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Fayose is 100% right.

Why should he use public fund to fly Moji to Nigeria? Even if Moji is a civil servant, was she on government duty in the USA before her demise?

Should government now take responsibility of the burial of every citizen?

Well Done Fayose, I would have done same IF I was in your shoe.
There should be humility in his response, and for 4 u bro do u know where u will die?
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by MikeB3(m): 5:56pm On May 22, 2017
In as much as I am still pained about the demise of the talented Moji Olaiya...... I detest the public outburst of Mr. Salako, he may not know or seen any of Moji's film or movie and I wonder why some persons can't reason without lashing Oshoko for a sane response, if they want to do it justifiably they would have traveled to Ado-Ekiti without doing it on telephone where people can scam one another easily. Praising Tinubu is understood perfectly (no further comment). Rest in perfect peace Aunty Moji Olaiya.

1 Like

Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:00pm On May 22, 2017
Azam101:
There should be humility in his response, and for 4 u bro do u know where u will die?
When my paternal grandmother died we didn't disturb Governor Peter Odili

1 Like

Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Eluwilussit(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2017
geekybabe:

Life Insurance in Nigeria? lol. Not happening bro. Dont mind these actors. Already politicizing her burial. Imagine Foluke daramola posting images of moji in apc shirts on her page.

Why get politicians involved? Why cant they raise money among themselves if she meant that much to them? Or what happened to teh Abuja based Alhaji that is teh Father of her 2 month old child?

You dey mind the hypocrites.
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Azam101: 6:15pm On May 22, 2017
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=56773842]When my paternal grandmother died we didn't disturb Governor Peter Odili[/quote ]OK! respect to the dead ones
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by bangalee1(m): 6:22pm On May 22, 2017
Evaberry:

but I don't even know the lady
Not knowing her is not a swag, don't form Behind here. As if your dstv is not default on african magic yoruba.

1 Like

Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 22, 2017
bangalee1:

Not knowing her is not a swag, don't form Behind here. As if your dstv is not default on african magic yoruba.

Are you Okay?

This isn't about forming Behind

I don't watch African magic Yoruba or Yoruba movies

so I should say I know her abi

I'm sure u r not ok
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by amdoyin82(m): 6:33pm On May 22, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Fayose is 100% right.

Why should he use public fund to fly Moji to Nigeria? Even if Moji is a civil servant, was she on government duty in the USA before her demise?

OK o.
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 22, 2017
The office of the governor should not be reduced to this cheap blackmail na.. Haba

1 Like

Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by bangalee1(m): 6:39pm On May 22, 2017
Evaberry:

Are you Okay?

This isn't about forming Behind

I don't watch African magic Yoruba or Yoruba movies

so I should say I know her abi

I'm sure u r not ok

Don't insult me, Respect yourself and learn to reply people without being rude.
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by MrCounselor: 7:04pm On May 22, 2017
booblacain:
So you just pick up a phone, call a governor of a state to ask for help. What happened to official letter or personal visit to properly identify your self. Wondering, does the governor have Salako's number on his phone.

what people dont know is that Fayose actually gave his phone number to all Ekiti indigene to call in at any time and he picks it by himself, so how would he filter every serious case if not brought to his notice officially.
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by olatunh: 7:13pm On May 22, 2017
Nigerians do nt care how someone gets money, so far they get some it. Stolen money. Asewyin
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by samdav925: 7:34pm On May 22, 2017
Make una wait .firstly a letter was posted to him ,in the letter it was stated that she was an ambassador of that state (Ekiti).and considering how she died ,she acted even films responsibly and maturedly .wud Fayose in/ with his church mind say that he doesn't know who the deceased was? .we shud respect our responsible public figures .she deserves better. If you knew and followed her in movies ,you can't help but like her. And she is very popular in yoruba films.Fayose ! You wan talk say you know Moji! There is Jesus oh Mohammad self dey .
My mum came back from church one day ,though more than 2years now .she narrated how she sat next to her (late Moji Olaiya and she didn't know until she ask her something and she almost melt. That's by the way sha .
So the coco of my labari bi say late Moji Olaiya deserved better from oga Fayose who proves to love people and being a philanthropist in his show
I rest my case .
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Mccullum: 7:41pm On May 22, 2017
You can't compare Fayose with Tinubu on anything even before Tinubu became governor of Lagos he has been generous as Fayose only exposed himself on favouring masses for political gains, he can not claim that he doesn't know this actress but he denied her due to he's not ready to assist them in respect of bringing the corpse of Moji Olaiya to Nigeria, though it's not by force he should have tell them politely that he and his state can't afford to offer such financial assistance and it's not necessary for one to work with government before state can assist the family and fans of the late celebrity by giving him/her beffitting burial. RIP Moji Olaiya
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by Sprumbaba: 7:50pm On May 22, 2017
Tokziby:
I wont be so quick to judge Fayose on this one (though i dont like him) but i blame his P.A who could have at least verify who she was. It is not possible for u to keep tab on the name of every actors in Nollywood or Hollywood. Some people just watch it for fun and not minding the actual names of the actor. I wont be surprised if my dad does not know her name but may recognize the face. Men has more pressing issues to think about and only watch movies to ease of stress.

RIP to Moji...

You hit the head on the nail grin grin grin. Nice comment
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by ashjay001(m): 8:19pm On May 22, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Fayose is 100% right.

For someone that advocates for a better society, u read very much like a republican! Guys like u do away with welfare packages for d poor, yet claim to fight for their rights.

The writer claimed she was an ambassador for Ekiti state. Her death has been all over social media, a very public personality. Probably, promoting Ekiti n Nigeria.

I'm yet to read about u condemning the treatment awarded to d past members of BBN.

I really dont know her too, but with how prominent news of her death has been, she deserves a state sponsored burial. My 2kobo
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by springtech(m): 8:26pm On May 22, 2017
For the records, he must not know every actor in Nollyhood.
Tho I know Fayose get big mouth.

Hard work is good, but wise work is better.
Check My Signature, see how i make cool cash weekly seamlessly.
Here we don't know recession.
Re: How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:27pm On May 22, 2017
ashjay001:

For someone that advocates for a better society, u read very much like a republican! Guys like u do away with welfare packages for d poor, yet claim to fight for their rights.

The writer claimed she was an ambassador for Ekiti state. Her death has been all over social media, a very public personality. Probably, promoting Ekiti n Nigeria.

I'm yet to read about u condemning the treatment awarded to d past members of BBN.

I really dont know her too, but with how prominent news of her death has been, she deserves a state sponsored burial. My 2kobo
What concerns the poor here and which Ambassador is she? Honorary Ambassador is a TITLE not an office.

She died in the USA, her people should take Care of her corpse. IT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF GOVERNMENT.

If government start looking at the expenses of every dead no project will go on.

She was making herself and family PROUD not Ekiti state. Beside, she is not the only successful Ekiti indigenous person, dead or alive.

Nobody will give her state burial oga...

When my paternal grandmother we didn't disturb Governor Peter Odili even tho my grandma was a loyal citizen.

Let the owners of dead body bury dead body. Kapish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maria Chike Flaunts Bundles Of Hard Currency In Dubai, UAE (Photos) / CANEX: Genevieve Nnaji Attends First Public Event In Months (Photos, Video) / Timi Dakolo 'Worried' Over His Wife's Sexy Look For Girls Night Out (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.