Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,336 members, 7,954,380 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:51 PM

Christian Life Is Very Difficult - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Life Is Very Difficult (3403 Views)

Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire / 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 12:18pm On May 23, 2017
analice107:

Yes darling.

Just remember, i love you.
I love you (Christian platonic love)
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 12:29pm On May 23, 2017
doyinbaby:
shebi na Christian platonic love
Lol. Girl whenever you hear 'love', stop thinking sex.

Sex is not love. See the lies i was talking about?

We have believed lies for too long, truth is beginning to seem like lies.

I owe you love. I owe everyone except satan love.

There are three kinds of love.

Phylio: The one you have for your family members.

Agape: The one Christ has for us and we shd have for each others.

Erotic/ Romantic: The one a husband has for his wife.

Am not related to you, so can't express phylio love for you.

Am not your spouse, so can't give you romantic love.
That lives us with Agape.

l love you girl. Learn to tell people that more often, it will cease from being mysterious.

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 12:40pm On May 23, 2017
doyinbaby:
I love you (Christian platonic love)

hahahahahahahahahahaha. You dey fear make dis demons here no call you lesbian.
Jesus loves, so we love back.
Love one another, as i have loved you- Jesus of Nazareth.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Cleopatra4(f): 12:58pm On May 23, 2017
analice107:

There are actually many reasons.

1. Nature. We were once in the world living in rebellion to the ways of God. we lived in disobedience to every laid down injunction. We got so used to living like that, so much so that, now that we are told to live differently, it becomes difficult.

We got use to hearing lies that we believe lies to be truth, now that we here the truth, we see ourselves fighting to believe it.

2. Ignorance to God's Ways.
As a believer, what do you really know about the Christ you believe in? Do you know him for yourself or what others (Your pastor) says about Him?

There are two sides to Christ.
a) The Life of Christ
b) The Principles of Christ.

Do you know what these are?

When you become born again, you receive the Life of Christ into your spirit, but you still need to live and execute your assignment on earth, as everyone of us is here to fulfill one. Now, for you to do that, you need to apply the principles of Christ in order to succeed.

If you know the Principles of Christ, are you applying them correctly and consistently?

3. What kind of a Christian are you? as Christ says, there are 4types of Christians in Church.

a) The Wayside Christians: This hear the Word, get excited, receive it, but as they leave the church, they forget what they heard and continue their lives as before. No change.

b). The Rocky Christians: These ones go to church with a preconceived mindset. Their minds are already made up as to what they believe about a particular precept or ordinance. The Holy Spirit can not work with these ones. So no matter what the Word says, it won't penetrate.

c). The Thorny Christians: These ones are in church for the wrong reasons. They hear the word, but the pleasures of life and the desire for wanton riches will not allow them stay away from indulging in wrong ways to make money. The word cannot grow in them no matter how long they last in church. They hear, but no growth.

d). The Good soil Christian: These are the only sets of Christians who hear the word of God, they keep it in their hearts.

Luke:8:15
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

The Key word here is Patience.

Are you patient or you are in hurry? If it doesn't happen now now, then it's not God?

4. Laziness or Sowing on a wrong soul.
Have you as a christian discovered your calling on earth?
When you hear 'Calling' what comes to your mind? Do you think Calling must be to become a Pastor? No. You can be called to be a doctor. In time, God will need you to offer your medical services to his Kingdom, when he needs you will be available?
But, what if you are suppose to be a doctor but you are a trader, do you think God will bless your trade? No. When God calls you, He equips you, and He is not committed to what He has not commanded. God will not lower his standards to our level, He raises us up to his standard when we yield to Him.

Okay, but what if you know your calling but won't get off your butt to work? Do you think God will just spring it up on you and you'll become rich?
He says "He who does not work, must not eat", No food for a lazy man. Get up and work.

5. You have an enemy.
The day you declared for Christ, you drew a battle line against satan the adversary.

You scaped from his camp, and he wants you back. To him, you have become an enemy and he will by all means frustrate you.

How does he do that?

He makes you work against yourself. How?

Satan knows what sin is, but you don't. He knows that when you sin, you take a stand against God. God is legally hampered from getting involved in your case.

Satan knows that, if someone decides for you, it's easy for you to be convinced against the decision, but if you decide for yourself, no one can convince you against your decisions.

Satan makes you sin thereby casting a Welsh between you and the only person who can help you, God.

Our Sins separates us from our God.

Apostle Paul says;

For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
1 Corinthians:16:9

Doors are opened unto us, but there are many adversaries that will make sure we do not access the doors except we do something.

The first step to doing something is obeying God's Word, In;

Service:
Servicing God comes first. What concerns the Kingdom should be your topmost priority. Promoting Kingdom, is promoting your life.

Matt 6:31-33

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Exodus 23:35-37 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.

How do you serve the Lord?

In Soul winning.

in Giving to the needy.

In interceding for others.

In giving to further God's kingdom.

In paying your Tithe.

Satan knows what is in the ordnance of Tithing, he fights it rigorously to keep you from paying.

Tithing is a platform for kingdom wealth.

When you pay your tithe, satan has no access to your money, but he wants to keep stealing from you, he makes sure you do not put a blockade o. your finances.

If you don't pay to God, you'd pay to satan, in hospitals, police, deaths, and funerals.

These are the few things that makes it seem like Christianity is hard, it isn't.

shalom.

Please I will need your counseling.
Will send you a pm if you don't mind..
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 1:16pm On May 23, 2017
Cleopatra4:
Please I will need your counseling. Will send you a pm if you don't mind..
I won't dear.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 1:20pm On May 23, 2017
analice107:

hahahahahahahahahahaha. You dey fear make dis demons here no call you lesbian.

Jesus loves, so we love back.

Love one another, as i have loved you- Jesus of Nazareth.
love you too babe
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Zither(m): 1:26pm On May 23, 2017
doyinbaby:
shebi na Christian platonic love

Lol. Like seriously? I believe agape love is a more accurate description of her expression.

Never listen to those who tell you tithing is not for Christians. They tell you that it was commanded in the Law but that we are no longer under the Law but Grace as a result of the sacrifice Christ made on the cross.

What they refuse to tell you is that it was in practice long before the Law was ever given. Melchizedek practiced it and guess what, Christ is a High Priest forever in the order of Melchizedek.

They don't tell you that the Ten Commandments - thou shalt not lie, kill, fight, covet thy neighbour's property, love your neighbour as yourself, etc are part of the Law but none will tell you they have been done away with through Grace. If that is so why did they do away with tithing - a universal command - but still observe the Ten Commandments? Because it was also included in the Law?

They will not tell you that even Christ Himself said "Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God. So how does this apply to tithing? God said in His Word "The earth is Mine and the fullness thereof" "The gold and silver are Mine. The cattle on a thousand hills are Mine." Everything belongs to God. He commands we return ten percent of our earnings to Him because it belongs to Him. Not doing so is tantamount to robbing Him of what is rightfully His. Stealing is a crime that attracts punishment. However, obeying the command attracts blessings.

I am very glad you have determined to walk the narrow path. I suggest you read many Christian books to help you in your journey. The answer you seek may have been lived by someone else. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 1:26pm On May 23, 2017
doyinbaby:
love you too babe
You are welcome.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 2:01pm On May 23, 2017
Cleopatra4:

Please I will need your counseling.
Will send you a pm if you don't mind..
Hello sis. I have replied you twice, it keeps coming back saying address not found.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Cleopatra4(f): 2:03pm On May 23, 2017
analice107:

Hello sis. I have replied you twice, it keeps coming back saying address not found.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 2:28pm On May 23, 2017
[quote author=Cleopatra4 post=56799com[/quote]

Okay, pls take your email down. there are satanic people in this forum who can actually tail you up to hurt you.

This place is haven of demons be careful pls.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 3:35pm On May 23, 2017
Zither:

Lol. Like seriously? I believe agape love is a more accurate description of her expression.

Never listen to those who tell you tithing is not for Christians. They tell you that it was commanded in the Law but that we are no longer under the Law but Grace as a result of the sacrifice Christ made on the cross.

What they refuse to tell you is that it was in practice long before the Law was ever given. Melchizedek practiced it and guess what, Christ is a High Priest forever in the order of Melchizedek.

They don't tell you that the Ten Commandments - thou shalt not lie, kill, fight, covet thy neighbour's property, love your neighbour as yourself, etc are part of the Law but none will tell you they have been done away with through Grace. If that is so why did they do away with tithing - a universal command - but still observe the Ten Commandments? Because it was also included in the Law?

They will not tell you that even Christ Himself said "Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God. So how does this apply to tithing? God said in His Word "The earth is Mine and the fullness thereof" "The gold and silver are Mine. The cattle on a thousand hills are Mine." Everything belongs to God. He commands we return ten percent of our earnings to Him because it belongs to Him. Not doing so is tantamount to robbing Him of what is rightfully His. Stealing is a crime that attracts punishment. However, obeying the command attracts blessings.

I am very glad you have determined to walk the narrow path. I suggest you read many Christian books to help you in your journey. The answer you seek may have been lived by someone else. Shalom.
thanks dear..i have comforted myself with the scripture,,men always ought to pray and not to faint......we must pray and trust God always
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 3:37pm On May 23, 2017
[quote author=analice107 post=56800517][/quote]thanks dear
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by An2elect2(f): 4:02pm On May 23, 2017
analice107:

Compare the Priesthood of Melchizedek and that of Christ, then we cat talk.
I have didn't see where we were asked to tithe or remain under the law.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 7:19pm On May 23, 2017
An2elect2:
I thought you were a Bible student? Give me the similarities between Christ and Melchizedek and i will show you were.

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 7:28pm On May 23, 2017
Zither:

Hahahahahahahahahaha, You just jumped the line. Thanks so much for this.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by damosky12(m): 7:46pm On May 23, 2017
doyinbaby:
I have noticed that I have been passing through a lot of difficulties for a long time..despite being a Christian.....Christian life very very difficult

My dear, the Christian like isn't difficult! It's in fact, the escape from living a difficult life.
Remember how the Scriptures put it.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The Christian life shouldn't be short of life.
If constantly otherwise, there is something to be fixed.

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 8:05pm On May 23, 2017
damosky12:

My dear, the Christian like isn't difficult! It's in fact, the escape from living a difficult life.
Remember how the Scriptures put it.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The Christian life shouldn't be short of life.
If constantly otherwise, there is something to be fixed.

thanks
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by lepasharon(f): 9:05pm On May 23, 2017
It would make sense for a non- religious person to go through more life crisis won't it?

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by hahn(m): 9:10pm On May 23, 2017
doyinbaby:
Can I still cope with all the troubles I am facing....even unbelievers are better than me

Everyone faces challenges

You cannot control what happens but you can control how you react to it. Get up, clean up yourself and try again.

Try and start a business. Learn something new. Learn from your mistakes

Get a plan and remain focused

Persistence, determination and consistency will work to your advantage
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Pastafarian: 9:20pm On May 23, 2017
hahn:

Everyone faces challenges

You cannot control what happens but you can control how you react to it. Get up, clean up yourself and try again.

Try and start a business. Learn something new. Learn from your mistakes

Get a plan and remain focused

Persistence, determination and consistency will work to your advantage
smiley

I had no choice but to echo this

straight to the point, none of these spiritual Mumbo-Jumbo, relates to anyone regardless of their religious affiliation, relates to every tribe too, relates to every race, relates to every background, relates to every continent, relates to............

Salut!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by michaelwestern(m): 4:05pm On May 24, 2017
Zither:

What kind of tithing did melchidezek practice?

Did Abraham ever pay tithe from his own personal possessions?

You have no basis to use Abraham to justify tithing because he paid it only once and it wasn't even of his own personal possessions.

Should we also pay tithe once and forget about it?

Now about the law, tithing is not among the 10 commandments, it is with the other over 400 laws given to the isrealites.

Do you still obey this more than 400 laws listed in the old testament? Or you just made an exception for tithing? Do you even know all the laws listed in the old testament, or paying tithe is the only important one?

If tithe was so important, why didn't the early apostles collect tithe? Or you're more knowledgeable than them?

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 4:12pm On May 24, 2017
An2elect2:
Am still waiting for you An2elect2.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by twosquare(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2017
doyinbaby:
I have noticed that I have been passing through a lot of difficulties for a long time..despite being a Christian.....Christian life very very difficult
No one said it's gonna be easy because we're in a war zone. This present earth has been turn to a war zone, and no soldier when going to war will think a war zone is a place for relaxation. We're here to fight and lay hold on eternal life. Reason we've been advised to put on the full armor of God that we shall be able to stand in evil days.

Paul wrote to doyinbaby that, know this also, that in the last days, perilous times shall come. What's the meaning of perilous? Dangerous times, hard times... Not just spiritually, even economically and all ramifications pertaining to earthly events. So, we have to escape.

However, you can pray for supernatural provision when in a wilderness experience or famine/drought. Relying on the faith of Jesus is always the way out.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by twosquare(m): 6:40pm On May 24, 2017
michaelwestern:

You have no basis to use Abraham to justify tithing because he paid it only once and it wasn't even of his own personal possessions.

Now about the law, tithing is not among the 10 commandments, it is with the other over 400 laws given to the isrealites.

Do you still obey this more than 400 laws listed in the old testament? Or you just made an exception for tithing? Do you even know all the laws listed in the old testament, or paying tithe is the only important one?

If tithe was so important, why didn't the early apostles collect tithe? Or you're more knowledgeable than them?
I love your write-up, the answer and reason to your last question can be seen in the book of Acts 4:32...even down to 37 sef, unfortunately we are not doing so because no unity of the faith. You are on point.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 6:57pm On May 24, 2017
twosquare:
No one said it's gonna be easy because we're in a war zone. This present earth has been turn to a war zone, and no soldier when going to war will think a war zone is a place for relaxation. We're here to fight and lay hold on eternal life. Reason we've been advised to put on the full armor of God that we shall be able to stand in evil days.

Paul wrote to doyinbaby that, know this also, that in the last days, perilous times shall come. What's the meaning of perilous? Dangerous times, hard times... Not just spiritually, even economically and all ramifications pertaining to earthly events. So, we have to escape.

However, you can pray for supernatural provision when in a wilderness experience or famine/drought. Relying on the faith of Jesus is always the way out.
thanks I am grateful

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 8:13pm On May 24, 2017
This is the victory that overcometh the world our faith
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Zither(m): 2:39am On May 25, 2017
michaelwestern:

Read my comment again for better comprehension. I never mentioned Abraham. Nothing in my comment has any connection to father Abraham as regards tithing. Did I say Jesus is a High Priest forever in the order of Abraham?

You can do that if you can give back to God the earth and all that is in it. You would no longer owe God by doing that.

What is commandment if it is not a law? What is their difference? Tell me, what is the difference between killing found in the Commandment and killing found in the Law? Why is it still a sin today as it was then? How about the sins of adultery and stealing? Any difference in meaning as provided in the Ten Commandments and the Law?

Not everything will fall under the Ten Commandments. The sins of incest and homosexuality were mentioned in the Law but not in the Ten Commandments. Going by your argument these also should be done away with since they are part of the Law but are not among the Ten Commandments. Why then are they still considered sin today? They were only mentioned in the Law but still operate as sin today.

Now, if you can answer that then you will know why tithing, which was mentioned long before the Commandments and the Law, is still practiced today. It is a debt we owe God for using the resources that belong to Him to earn our living. The death of Jesus Christ does not erase the fact that the earth belongs to God and a tenth of the produce of the ground belongs to God by right.

Question is do you obey the laws against fighting, adultery, homosexuality, stealing, etc? If yes then why did you make an exception for tithing? Selective obedience?

Do you know how the early Apostles ran the administration of the churches? How about the Pastors, Bishops, and Evangelists of that time? Is there anywhere in the Bible the activities of the churches are detailed as an example to others? Ask yourself, the money used in erecting church buildings, sending out Missionaries to other parts of the world, giving to the poor, the widows, the needy, to help them, such tasks, did they come from the petty offerings of the church? Tell me, since you know the workings of the early church, how did they pay the rent for the structures they used for their Christian gathering? The costs of repairs, transportation, furnishing, feeding, among others, how did they manage such expenses in spreading the Word of God? Faith? Offerings? The heavens opened and rained money for the daily upkeep and maintenance of the churches? Why didn't the early Apostles write about these things if spreading the Word of God is very important?

2 Likes

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Amberon: 3:16am On May 25, 2017
My own problem is that whenever I tell lies or commit any sin, it gets me down to the point I can no longer pray because I always feel I'm not good enough. I would have this feeling of hopelessness and something would tell me my prayers are a just a waste.
analice107:

Yep.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by An2elect2(f): 10:35am On May 25, 2017
analice107:

Am still waiting for you An2elect2.
No need waiting for me. I asked you a question and you provided no answer to it.

There isn't any place where Christians were commanded to tithe. And of course you couldn't provide any.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Zither(m): 1:53pm On May 25, 2017
Amberon:
My own problem is that whenever I tell lies or commit any sin, it gets me down to the point I can no longer pray because I always feel I'm not good enough. I would have this feeling of hopelessness and something would tell me my prayers are a just a waste.

The reason why you feel this way is that you rely on your ability to fight sin. You lose and become plagued by guilt and shame. This scenario plays itself repeatedly.

Never fight sin with your strength. You will always lose the fight. Sin is like dirt. No matter how much you try or how neat you are you will always have some dirt on you at the end of the day. When you are stained with dirt you don't condemn yourself or feel hopeless. You simply wash it away with soap. You fight dirt with soap just as you fight sin with the blood of Jesus.

Condemning yourself and feeling hopeless after you have sinned is a sign you trust more in your ability to stand than in God's ability to keep you standing.

Remember, you will always fall. Falling is not a crime. Staying fallen is.

3 Likes

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 3:50pm On May 25, 2017
An2elect2:
No need waiting for me. I asked you a question and you provided no answer to it.

There isn't any place where Christians were commanded to tithe. And of course you couldn't provide any.
And i said let's discuss like Bible students.

The Scriptures are all about doctrines, precepts, ordinances, principles, and statutes.

Tithe paying which follows Priesthoods is an ordinance.

My question to you is, What is the similarity between the Priesthood of Melchizedek with that of Christ? When you answer this, we shall talk.

Everything must not be in black and white.

I don't like talking Tithing in this forum, because no one but me benefits from my tithe paying.

But, if you want to stand against something, know why you are taking a stand against it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

THE BIBLE SAYS "DO NOT TAKE BRIBE BECAUSE IT AFFECTS THE INNOCENT" / Re - There Is No God. / How Did God Reveal Himself to You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.