Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,218 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane (811 Views)

Dino Melaye Makes A Case For The Nigerian Masses At The Senate . / Mass Defection Hits APC As The Nigerian Masses Prepares Against The Ruling Part / Parliameter App - Nigerian Masses, it is time to step out of our slumber! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by Dandy1(m): 12:41pm On May 24, 2017
The so called two leading world religions both from the west and the middle east have been our greatest bane and setback. People trade their mental abilities for religious dogmatism. Funny what stupid things you'll see even the so called highly learned elites (professors, doctors, graduates...) doing all in the name of foreign religions.
Even the ones that introduced us to these regions will be amazed at how much we've bastardized it.
Rather than using their mental and physical abilities on worthwhile activities, people waste away their potentials on religion trying to find easier escape route and solace. Rather than taking practical steps like ; executing ideas, working hard, tasking the political leaders who their fates actually lie with, they prefer to keep hoping and seeking help from the religion which the whites exploited them with. The same religions our religious and political leaders still capitalise on to milk people dry. While 70% of the westerners are beginning to see it for what it actually is (Human ideology).
Our people live in fear of the unknown. They fail to see God manifests in all we see all around us everyday (nature, space, time, negatives, positives, e.t.c.) They fail to see life as what it is - uncertain, random. They want to "pray" to change things. How do we appreciate life in the absence of death? How do we appreciate good in the absence of bad?. Nature follows no rules! What will be will be. Good people die and pass through travails, while bad people live long and might never get punished for for their sins but enjoy till death. Forget what they say about karma, his seven generations to come may actually keep enjoying the GOOD fruit of his BAD ways. We only wish things should follow some rules with our human convictions. NO MAN knows God's ways and what lies beyond life. If anyone claims he knows, he lies. Or is just self deluded.
It's a random and circumstantial world. Life is the free gift we all have. Choices is the rule we live by, and conscience is the inherent guidance by which we all make our numerous choices. All that should matter is having a clean conscience by doing "good" often, and avoiding "bad" as much as we can. Love sums it all up. If only the whole world can share love, then we won't be needing the religious heaven. We will have our heaven here and now. But negatives and positives are part of life. Let's live right doing positive practical things rather than wanting to understand God more than "he" wants us to. Only then can we have a better country and world at large. Remember - YOLO!
DhandyDope.

Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by delishpot: 12:48pm On May 24, 2017
And they achieved it
Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by Dandy1(m): 1:02pm On May 24, 2017
delishpot:
And they achieved it

You can bet they did. We are still suffering the consequences and will keep doing so till at least the next two centuries. By then, the ignorant Africans should all have phased out. People living then will know better. Pity I came in this generation where ignorance abounds. Wish I could witness Africa in year 2417. Lol
Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by Dandy1(m): 1:10pm On May 24, 2017
Lalasticlala, seun, Mynd44 and other mods, this is not a snake thread but could help emancipate people.
Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by Amberon: 1:30pm On May 24, 2017
Corruption, corruption has been the setback not religion. Europe the most developed continent is predominantly christian. America the world power is predominantly christian and was built on christian values.

Nowadays every tom, dick and harry think they can bash religion. If you're going to bash religion then you must be specific on which one you're bashing because Christianity has never been known for setback.

2 Likes

Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by Dandy1(m): 1:37pm On May 24, 2017
Amberon:
Corruption, corruption has been the setback not religion. Europe the most developed continent is predominantly christian. America the world power is predominantly christian and was built on christian values.

Nowadays every tom, dick and harry think they can bash religion. If you're going to bash religion then you must be specific on which one you're bashing because Christianity has never been known for setback.

Didn't say religions are the main culprits, it's the way our people go about it. You are right, I should have put "religious fanaticism" instead of ordinary religion. I wasn't particularly condemning any religion either, but how people neglect their potential capabilities seeking solution in religion. Saudi Arabia and the UAE are developed places as well, so you can't say Christianity is the only religion known for civil advancements. It's our people's ignorance which their religious fanaticism makes worse that's the problem
Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by delishpot: 2:24pm On May 24, 2017
Amberon:

Even Christianity rejects some form of science. Do some research and see how religious leaders would not allow some form of scientific discovery be made public. Religion is painted as good but it is just a tool to dumb down people.

1 Like

Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by Amberon: 3:51am On May 25, 2017
How exactly does Christianity reject science? You need to first ask yourself , what I'm about saying is it fact or fiction, so you don't go leading people astray.

There's no portion of the bible that says Christians should reject science. In fact the bible says "study to show thyself approved". Religious leaders are at liberty to say whatever and that has nothing to do with what Christianity. Do not tell me what religious leaders say, tell me what Jesus Christ says.
delishpot:

Even Christianity rejects some form of science. Do some research and see how religious leaders would not allow some form of scientific discovery be made public. Religion is painted as good but it is just a tool to dumb down people.
Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by delishpot: 9:26am On May 25, 2017
Amberon:
How exactly does Christianity reject science? You need to first ask yourself , what I'm about saying is it fact or fiction, so you don't go leading people astray.

There's no portion of the bible that says Christians should reject science. In fact the bible says "study to show thyself approved". Religious leaders are at liberty to say whatever and that has nothing to do with what Christianity. Do not tell me what religious leaders say, tell me what Jesus Christ says.

If you tell a Christian you can transfused blood, what does the Bible say about eating or ingesting blood? Tell a Christian today that you can create a human being through science, and they will say you want to play God.
There can be conflicts between science and Christianity or should I say religion. Science would see a psychological reason for someone's nsanity, Christianity(religion) would see demons.
The church has killed some scholars because of their scientific beliefs conflicted with the Bible in their opinion. I do not know of Islam to speak about how they react to anyone who proves that some natural occurrences have proof rather than spiritual source.
Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by Amberon: 3:21pm On May 25, 2017
Demons have been proven to be real and anyone disputing that is just living in fools paradise.

Besides those points you raised aren't valid. You keep talking about what some Christians do, that has nothing to do with Christianity. What Jesus said or did is what's important, not what anyone says or does.
delishpot:

If you tell a Christian you can transfused blood, what does the Bible say about eating or ingesting blood? Tell a Christian today that you can create a human being through science, and they will say you want to play God.
There can be conflicts between science and Christianity or should I say religion. Science would see a psychological reason for someone's nsanity, Christianity(religion) would see demons.
The church has killed some scholars because of their scientific beliefs conflicted with the Bible in their opinion. I do not know of Islam to speak about how they react to anyone who proves that some natural occurrences have proof rather than spiritual source.
Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by delishpot: 4:27pm On May 25, 2017
Amberon:
Demons have been proven to be real and anyone disputing that is just living in fools paradise.

Besides those points you raised aren't valid. You keep talking about what some Christians do, that has nothing to do with Christianity. What Jesus said or did is what's important, not what anyone says or does.

Yeah, same way you don't listen when Muslims claim Islam is a peaceful religion and that those Boko haram members are not real Muslims.
Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by Amberon: 5:13pm On May 25, 2017
How else will i say this? Muslims are commanded to follow in the footsteps of Mohammed who is the founder of their faith. Mohammed told them to kill unbelievers and he even slaughtered ober 700 jews for simply being non-muslims. He even told Muslims that judgment day will not come until they exterminate the Jews. That is the reason Muslims hate Jews today.

On the other hand, Christianity means being "christ-like" or "follower of christ". Christians are commanded to follow Jesus Christ and Christ never killed a single soul instead He taught us to love even those who hate us. Anyone going contrary to christ is not a Christian.

That right there is the difference.
delishpot:

Yeah, same way you don't listen when Muslims claim Islam is a peaceful religion and that those Boko haram members are not real Muslims.
Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by TheLogicalMind(m): 6:44pm On May 25, 2017
Re: Religious dogmatism, The Nigerian Masses Bane by delishpot: 7:00pm On May 25, 2017
Amberon:
How else will i say this? Muslims are commanded to follow in the footsteps of Mohammed who is the founder of their faith. Mohammed told them to kill unbelievers and he even slaughtered ober 700 jews for simply being non-muslims. He even told Muslims that judgment day will not come until they exterminate the Jews. That is the reason Muslims hate Jews today.

On the other hand, Christianity means being "christ-like" or "follower of christ". Christians are commanded to follow Jesus Christ and Christ never killed a single soul instead He taught us to love even those who hate us. Anyone going contrary to christ is not a Christian.
That right there is the difference.

Okay o. I don hear you o.

(1) (Reply)

Rare Picture Of The Day; Can You Identify Which Nigeria And Buhari? / Violence In Metropolitan Kano: A Historical Perspective / Ohaneze Ndi Igbo Disowns And Outshines Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.