Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says (2988 Views)

BREAKING!!! Kanu Writes To Japan Emperor, Reveals IPOB Plans To Arrest Buhari / 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi / Governor Nyesom Wike Warns IPOB, Says "Steer Clear Of Rivers State" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by Youngadvocate(m): 7:47am On May 25, 2017
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), under the leadership of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has dared the Nigerian Police who warned against its Sit-at-Home plans, extends the sit-at-home order declared on May 30, 2017 to fourteen states in Nigeria  where Biafrans and supporters live in, revealing that Kanu had written to the governors of those states and other officials involved to ensure the sit-at-home is observed.

According to the Sun News, the order was extended to states like Kano, Kaduna, Jos, Makurdi, Ibadan, Benin, Abuja, Lagos, Lokoja, Gigawa, Jalingo, Mubi, Yola, Lafia, among others.
Despite several warnings by security agencies against the order, IPOB insisted that the order must hold to honour Biafran fallen heroes who lost their lives during the civil war between 1967 and 1970.

A statement by IPOB’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Mr. Emma Powerful said its leader, Nnamdi Kanu had written to all governors, market, religious and community leaders in Biafraland to help ensure that May 30 would be memorable in the history of  this country.

“This sit-at-home order/remembrance and honour of our fallen heroes slated to be observed on May 30, will be the best thing to happen to the people of Biafra since 50 years.

“It will be  monitored by international observers, after which the struggle for Biafra freedom, will move to another level.

“Therefore, everybody, both old and young, man and woman must stay indoors, no protest, no human or vehicular movements in Biafraland from 6:00 am to 6:00pm on that day.

“Biafrans world over must honour and remember our fallen heroes and heroines who died for our freedom between 1967 and 1970, those who died during our peaceful rally and protest from August 30, 2015 till date.

“Biafrans and IPOB members worldwide living outside Biafraland should present a written letter containing the plights of our people to the authorities and governments of their respective countries.

“The people of Biafra will not fail to honour and remember those who contributed immensely to fight and save the lives of our children, some of whom were starved to death by the policy of the then government.

“We will celebrate and honour Mr. Mathew Tawo Mbu from Ogoja, he was the Biafran foreign minister from the beginning to the end of the war, Captain Willy Murray Bruce, this man was second in command of the Biafran Air force, this Ijaw man fought to the last to defend his country Biafra, Ambassador Ignatius Kogbara, this man from Ogoni was a Biafran envoy to London, he was the very last man to surrender during the war of genocide against our people.

“Again, we will not forget to remember the efforts of Col. Willy Achibong (one of the bravest officers in Biafra Army), Col. Nsudo, Col. Etuk, Bob Egbiko and the efforts of few Yoruba men who fought on the side of Biafra will never be in vain like Adeleke, Fola Oyewole, Major Wale Ademoyega and many others.

“We must remember them in two minutes prayer immediately it is 12 noon on that day. We must remember them in prayer, both the dead and those still alive today,” Powerful said.

http://igbobia.com/?q=nnamdi-kanu-has-written-to-all-governors-ipob-says-extends-sit-at-home-to-14-states-outside-igbo

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by Rhaspody(m): 7:57am On May 25, 2017
wahala dey

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by Nobody: 7:58am On May 25, 2017
I see Murray Bruce father and Three Yorubas. I hope Afonjas will shield their sword for this thread. Nnamdi Kanu is working tirelessly since release. This guy is dead serious about Biafra restoration!

“We will celebrate and honour Mr. Mathew Tawo Mbu from Ogoja, he was the Biafran foreign minister from the beginning to the end of the war, Captain Willy Murray Bruce, this man was second in command of the Biafran Air force, this Ijaw man fought to the last to defend his country Biafra, Ambassador Ignatius Kogbara, this man from Ogoni was a Biafran envoy to London, he was the very last man to surrender during the war of genocide against our people.

“Again, we will not forget to remember the efforts of Col. Willy Achibong (one of the bravest officers in Biafra Army), Col. Nsudo, Col. Etuk, Bob Egbiko and the efforts of few Yoruba men who fought on the side of Biafra will never be in vain like Adeleke, Fola Oyewole, Major Wale Ademoyega and many others.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by ApolitiCal: 8:01am On May 25, 2017
This guy is missing kuje. He wants to go back to kuje soon
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by Nobody: 8:02am On May 25, 2017
some people are going to die over this news

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by rheether(f): 8:04am On May 25, 2017
I really need this sit and home walahi..

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by Gchimez: 8:07am On May 25, 2017
Freedom is never free, for me and my family we are sitting at home that very day, God bless Biafrans God bless Nnamdi Kanu IPOB lives on.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by HARDDON: 9:02am On May 25, 2017
Sit @ home n do what exactly? While away?

Even ur igbo trading brothers wudnt sit @ home missing their million

Sit @ home ko

Fly on foot ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 9:12am On May 25, 2017
All Hail Biafra

9 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by jjjjj2017: 9:12am On May 25, 2017
HARDDON:
Sit @ home n do what exactly? While away?

Even ur igbo trading brothers wudnt sit @ home missing their million

Sit @ home ko

Fly on foot ni
Despite the fact that am a Yoruba, I will observe the sit at home on 30th May, 2017 because I love freedom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by YETFILMS: 9:13am On May 25, 2017
I am observing my sit-at-home on the 30th here in Igweocha, aka Port Harcourt. Zombies keep off!

8 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by cybernaut(m): 9:47am On May 25, 2017
If i no sit at home,honestly make God punish me without forgiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by salam1(m): 10:59am On May 25, 2017
Can't u people just save yourself the energy and pack back I min the east

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by xcolanto(m): 11:43am On May 25, 2017
I am from rivers state but I would be sitting at home that day with my family and friends.
This years own would be more successful compared to last year. Shops, markets, schools and businesses we're shot down in pH! It was more like a ghost town as it is during elections.
God bless KANU for re awakening the spirit for a greater nation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 25, 2017
let them be

If you are in Lagos or Port Harcourt planning on taking GMAT examinations. If you are in need of an experienced GMAT lecturer/Coach please call number below the

Ñ.b: Private classes can also be organized.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by Ajibel(m): 12:18pm On May 25, 2017
Even those who are not going to identify with the cause would sit at home.

During the time of massob before the coming of IPOB when such sit-at-home order was announced, we all would sit at home and it didnt mean at that time that we were supporting the cause.

It was simply to avoid unnecessary problems via intimidation. You'd be called all sorts of names like sabo, slave etc and if you're unlucky to have a business, words would go round that people should avoid your business because you didnt identify with the Biafran cause.

I just want to ask though if hospitals would also be closed on that day?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by Youngadvocate(m): 5:44pm On May 25, 2017
salam1:
Can't u people just save yourself the energy and pack back I min the east

?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by mikeycharles(m): 5:46pm On May 25, 2017
Is Nnamdi Kanu now a king or a president shocked
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by maclatunji: 6:58pm On May 25, 2017
Sit at home if you want, it is your loss.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by Trut(m): 7:04pm On May 25, 2017
mikeycharles:
Is Nnamdi Kanu now a king or a president shocked

He is the leader of IPOB worldwide, though you can regard him as king or President, it depends on your perception towards him.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by chesterlee(m): 8:40pm On May 25, 2017
I Will Sit At Home
#IStandWithNnamdiKanu

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Writes Governors, Extends Sit-at-home To 14 States - IPOB Says by leofab(f): 10:31pm On May 25, 2017
Okay ohh

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari In Full Igbo Regalia / 2019 Election: Dino Melaye Reacts As WAEC Presents Certificate To Buhari / Dear Nigerians, Why Atiku Must Not Be President – PENGASSAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.