Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' (1926 Views)

Happy Independence Nigeria! / What Biafra Would Look Like After Independence / Hate Speechs Against Ndigbo From Northerners, Within 4 Years After Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by 247frolicboss(m): 2:25pm On May 25, 2017
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo today spoke on “Reconciliation, Reconstruction and Rehabilitation” at the #Biafra50 programme.

The former President said, “After independence, Nigeria had 3 countries in one. The problems continue to haunt us as a country today. Unity had eluded us”.

''We must concentrate on building Nigeria, we must learn our history. There’s no substitute for us.

“Nigeria must be treated like a love affair. We must massage Nigeria gently. Nigeria must mean something for everyone.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/05/obasanjo-after-independence-nigeria-had.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 25, 2017
THIS FOOL AGAIN

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by spartan117(m): 2:32pm On May 25, 2017
"Nigeria must mean something for everyone "
I would keep that phrase in mind
Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by Pilate2016(m): 2:33pm On May 25, 2017
Rubbish! Massage my ass. Unity is not by force. We are not Afonjas; we aren't unity beggers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by abouzaid: 3:36pm On May 25, 2017
it's Biafra or death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by Divinerace(m): 3:42pm On May 25, 2017
What have joined us together has fallen apart:"things fall apart"~chinua achebe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by Kemperor: 4:00pm On May 25, 2017
Divinerace:
What have joined us together has fallen apart:"things fall apart"~chinua achebe

The center cannot hold..

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by Odingo1: 4:03pm On May 25, 2017
Is better we go our separate ways than shedding innocent blood to keep the country one when we know that we can never be one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by madridguy(m): 4:04pm On May 25, 2017
The Oracle Has Spoken!

One Nigeria Dole.
Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by evilyoruba: 4:07pm On May 25, 2017
I'm glad at least he recognized we are 3-in-1 country.... Now, we all can go our separate ways... Also, I'm glad he said, Nigeria should be treated as love affair...now it is time for divorce... Afonja should be ready to stand on their 2 feet...they are grown man now...this is 50 years after the civil war for God sake...
Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by Jabioro: 4:09pm On May 25, 2017
We all know that, is either we amend it peacefully or we live as a good neighbours or better still kill the name Nigeria, forcefully, some people has been trying to strangulated it but they have not muzzle enough power to get it done...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by gberra: 4:12pm On May 25, 2017
Pilate2016:
Rubbish! Massage my ass. Unity is not by force. We are not Afonjas; we aren't unity beggers.
We are not Osu, We aren't Unity Mourners.

Igbos always cry tongue

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by gberra: 4:24pm On May 25, 2017
evilyoruba:
I'm glad at least he recognized we are 3-in-1 country.... Now, we all can go our separate ways... Also, I'm glad he said, Nigeria should be treated as love affair...now it is time for divorce... Afonja should be ready to stand on their 2 feet...they are grown man now...this is 50 years after the civil war for God sake...
Afonja has always been the best even before Independence - fact. But flatttinos must learn to grow their tiny little balls & transcend as a 3rd class citizen to an equal standing of the 1st class citizens. The defeatist syndrome should stop. It's 50 years after the War for Pete's sake!!

-- Daddy.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by simplycarro: 4:27pm On May 25, 2017
Nigeria was a three in one country and everything was fine, until some miscreants in uniform led by Ifejuna and Nzeogwu ruffled the delicate tripod in 1966 and by Ironsi later that year.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 4:29pm On May 25, 2017
Yes we had 3 countries, and presently we still have.

“Nigeria must be treated like a love affair. We must massage Nigeria gently. Nigeria must mean something for everyone." ..... the problem with this is that Nigerians can't love each other, nobody is ready to massage the other, its now killing, raping, name callings and fights up and down. Right now Nigeria means absolutely nothing to Nigerians
Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by Maduawuchukwu(m): 4:36pm On May 25, 2017
If Nigeria had three of Obj's kind rule for eight years in an unbroken succession Nigeria would have been developed and united. I will never forgive him for Zaki Biam and Odi but the more I grow up the more I respect him and his actions.
Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by evilyoruba: 4:40pm On May 25, 2017
gberra:
Afonja has always been the best even before Independence - fact. But flatttinos must learn to grow their tiny little balls & transcend as a 3rd class citizen to an equal standing of the 1st class citizens. The defeatist syndrome should stop. It's 50 years after the War for Pete's sake!!

-- Daddy.
You and I know that afonjas a cowardly slaves to the hausa fulani first class citizen....and afonjas have always castigated the Biafrans for not being a cowardly slaves to the hauasa Fulani first class citizens.... A slave obey the rules of the masters, and that's exactly what afonja is known for, obeying @bo.ki in everything... Always afriad to say his mind, always diabolically cunning and 2 faced

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by gberra: 5:23pm On May 25, 2017
evilyoruba:

You and I know that afonjas a cowardly slaves to the hausa fulani first class citizen....and afonjas have always castigated the Biafrans for not being a cowardly slaves to the hauasa Fulani first class citizens.... A slave obey the rules of the masters, and that's exactly what afonja is known for, obeying @bo.ki in everything... Always afriad to say his mind, always diabolically cunning and 2 faced
It's an open secret who is the slave the Nation.

Let me describe the slaves of the nation in a few lines; It is purportedly one of the 3 majority groups alongside the Yoruba, Hausa/fulani. Of the three, they are yet to sniff the seat of the presidency of Nigeria, which unfortunately, by coincidence, may not get anywhere close in the distant future. But as fate would have it, they were so reduced to become an Ijaw sla.ve when fortune smiled on the later, in their greed and desperation.

They are the Unity Mourners but give them crumbs & they would wag their tails.

-- Daddy.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by Judolisco(m): 5:25pm On May 25, 2017
Make baba shut up now
Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by kingzizzy: 5:30pm On May 25, 2017
simplycarro:
Nigeria was a three in one country and everything was fine, until some miscreants in uniform led by Ifejuna and Nzeogwu ruffled the delicate tripod in 1966 and by Ironsi later that year.

Really?

The 1945 Kano massacre
The 1953 Jos mssacre
The 1964 hostilities from the general elections and census
Opration 'wetie' in 1965.

You still think everything was fine when Nzeogwu and co struck in January 1966?
Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by simplycarro: 5:33pm On May 25, 2017
kingzizzy:

Really?

The 1945 Kamu massacre
The 1953 Jos mssacre
The 1964 hostilities from the general elections and census
Opration 'wetie' in 1965.

Yoy still think everything was fine when Nzeogwu and co struck in January 1966?

There was absolutely nothing no reason for those idiots to truncate that young democracy. For whatever it is worth, it was a misadventure that has led Nigeria to this crazy juncture it is, ever since then, it has brought nothing but mutual suspicion.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by EmeeNaka: 5:35pm On May 25, 2017
OBJ sound conciliatory unlike Acting President Osinbajo who is threatening East.
Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by Sunbulb(m): 6:24pm On May 25, 2017
Indeed. It was many organised and fairly stable states. OYO empire, Bini/Benin Kingdom, The Northern Islamic Caliphates, etc.

The British came and claimed we were barbaric, wrote a false history for us, destroyed the previously existing economic and political structures, gave us their laws and we lived by them.

I feel ordinarily, when we attained independence, we ought to have restored the political structures we have, we ought to have done away with the problematic structure called Nigeria. I felt we should have done away with the British laws.

It's really not about a Biafran secession. It's about our real history, our real identities, our real political structure.

Except we agree with Europe, that African states were indeed barbaric, or that there even were no states, or that we lived as animals until they came and civilised us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by juman(m): 6:46pm On May 25, 2017
jerseyboy:
THIS FOOL AGAIN
Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by evilyoruba: 6:47pm On May 25, 2017
gberra:
It's an open secret who is the slave the Nation.

Let me describe the slaves of the nation in a few lines; It is purportedly one of the 3 majority groups alongside the Yoruba, Hausa/fulani. Of the three, they are yet to sniff the seat of the presidency of Nigeria, which unfortunately, by coincidence, may not get anywhere close in the distant future. But as fate would have it, they were so reduced to become an Ijaw when fortune smiled on the later, in their greed and desperation.

They are the Unity Mourners but give them crumbs & they would wag their tails.

-- Daddy.
A slave is someone whose life depends on other's well wishes.... A man is someone who can stand onnhis 2 feet.... Yoruba's can't stand on their 2 feet, Yoruba is nothing without Hausa Fulani and Yoruba's is nothing without Igbo, hence Yoruba's is the true definition of a leech because Yoruba's can't survive on its own.... By so doing Yoruba's has become slave to the hauas Fulani's to survive and constantly begging and ridiculing to stay in Nigerian... Yoruba's has never been President by their own mmaking....Hausa Fulani out of benevolence always give Yoruba president once in a while...Nigerian is Hausa Fulani and Hausa Fulani's is Nigeria, hence Yoruba can't achieve a mere restructuring

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by kingzizzy: 6:48pm On May 25, 2017
simplycarro:

There was absolutely nothing no reason for those idiots to truncate that young democracy. For whatever it is worth, it was a misadventure that has led Nigeria to this crazy juncture it is, ever since then, it has brought nothing but mutual suspicion.

My point is that it was not like Nigeria was doing fine when struck. There was mutual suspicion amongst ethnic groups long before the coup. You think coups didnt happen in other countries around the same time? It happend Ghana, but Ghana got its act together and is now a beacon of democracy and prosperity.

If one act of a coup is what destroyed Nigeria, then it means that Nigeria should not be together. There are far more disasterous national calamities that have befallen other countries and they pulled together and got through it.

If we couldnt do this after the first coup, then the coup only exposed 'one Nigeria' as a scam.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by Amberon: 8:35pm On May 25, 2017
But your people are begging the SS. So who's the unity beggar now?
Pilate2016:
Re: Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' by Amberon: 8:41pm On May 25, 2017
Shut up!
gberra:

-- Daddy.

(1) (Reply)

The Biafranized Nigeria And An Imminent Referendum / Buhari Mocks Resumoresign Protesters In London; '' I Hope They Are Not Stuck.... / SAD NEWS- Naij Mail Shutting Down January 1 2018 Check Out Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.