Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" (34987 Views)

Lockdown: Governor Wike To Distribute Foodstuffs (Photos) / "Abiola Poisoned By Susan Rice & Vladimir Putin, CIA Poisoned Abacha" - FFK / Titilayo Omotola Rejects Governor Yahaya Bello's Board Appointment In Kogi (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by ndcide(m): 11:57am On May 27, 2017
Prince4mic:
Someone should put an end to this political charade in Rivers state..
enough of the hate.

in another news:

AMAECHI'S REJECTION OF STATE AWARD: A MORAL RELIEF... wike's commissioner for information

The Rivers State government has learnt with much relief news of the rejection of a proposed State award, by a former governor of the State, and current Minister for Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi.

Given Mr Amaechi's sanctimonious statement of rejection, it is important to clarify that the Rivers State Government never set out to honour Mr Amaechi for any meritorious service to the State during his time as governor.

As part of the events of the State's Golden Jubilee celebration, the State government accepted the recommendation of
the organizing committee that a variety of awards be given to different categories of individuals who have earned a place in the history of the State.

There is a category of the awards designated for former governors of the State. And as a former governor, Mr Amaechi fell automatically in that category.

We wish to emphasize that the award was never meant as a validation of Mr Amaechi's horrendous administration.

Mr Amaechi was personally indicted for stealing billions of public funds during his time in office, by a court-approved panel of inquiry set up by the state government.

The government will soon initiate a prosecutorial process against him in multiple jurisdictions, in Nigeria and abroad. And no award would have stopped that process.

We must confess that as a government, we wrestled with the moral horror of giving any kind of award to a man whose government was no better than a criminal syndicate.

Mr Amaechi may be a scoundrel of history, but he was once a governor of the state. The proposed award was to serve as a sad acknowledgement of the especially dark place he occupies in our State's otherwise illustrious history.

His rejection of the award is therefore a huge moral relief for the administration, and the people of the state.

Signed:

Dr Austin Tam-George
Commissioner for Information and Communication,
Rivers State.
26th May 2017

LOL trust Tam George to give it cold.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by obayendo1010(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2017
007truthbetold:
AMAECHI: WIKE’S AWARD IS POISONED CHALICE, I REJECT IT
……Tell the world your $43m Ikoyi tale is a Wicked lie.

In the past couple of days, Minister of Transportation and immediate past governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has been inundated with calls and enquiries from journalists about a purported award/honour to him from Nyesom Wike, the current governor of Rivers State.

The minister was shown a publication of the Rivers State government indicating his name as one of many others to be given awards by Nyesom Wike. But as at today, Amaechi has not received any communication from Nyesom Wike and/or Rivers State government in this respect.

Be that as it may, we want to state categorically that whatever Wike claims to be giving to Amaechi is a poisoned chalice that has been unequivocally rejected by the minister.

Firstly, the purported award itself is a contradiction of monumental proportions, a contradiction that can only come from a warped and perverted mind. From day one as governor, Wike has made it his sole, one-point agenda to attack, abuse, insult and falsely denigrate Amaechi, his immediate predecessor and erstwhile benefactor. Since he became governor, Wike spends most of his time making reckless, deeply irresponsible malicious, false allegations against Amaechi, as he attempts, albeit fruitlessly, to malign and destroy the outstandingly superb performance and legacy of Amaechi in Rivers State. So, what is the bases or criteria for Wike to give an award/honour to a man he (Wike) has rashly attacked and called all sorts of unprintable names in the past two years? For Wike to do a 360 and give an award to a predecessor, he (Wike) has consistently but misleadingly and deceitfully called Satan, Judas, non-performer, thief and only this week a sponsor of cultists, shows evidently that Wike suffers from a grave but rare form of psychosomatic malady.

Secondly, what will Amaechi tell Rivers People when he goes to collect an award from that man-child who sits in Government House that is directly or indirectly responsible for the present deplorable state of sufferings, economic and infrastructural decay, violence, crime, insecurity, kidnappings and killings in Rivers State. Amaechi will not accept any award from a petty lowlife conman, who rode to power on the blood of Rivers people.

Thirdly, the office of governor of any state is a prestigious, very dignified office and the occupant of that office who holds it in trust for his people is expected to act, talk and behave responsibly and decorously. When the governor talks, he should talk with facts and must be able to prove his claims. Most unfortunately for Rivers State, Wike possess non of these qualities. Wike is everything a governor should not be, with virtually no redeeming qualities. Amaechi will not accept any award from this kind of lying, reckless, irresponsible and brutal character that has become the laughing stock of the nation.

Finally, We will not relent to remind Wike and insist that he must go to court, like he vowed, to prove his frivolous claims that the over $43million Ikoyi money and luxury apartment (found by EFCC), belongs to Amaechi and were stolen from Rivers State by Amaechi; or be ready to face the wrath of the law at the appropriate time; the wrath of the people and ultimately the wrath of God, which no constitutional immunity can protect him from. The only other alternative is for him to publicly apologize and tell us that he wickedly and maliciously lied when he had that disgraceful, middle of the night press conference to push the false narrative that Amaechi owns the money and apartment.

RT. HON. CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI MEDIA OFFICE
May 26, 2017
Abuja

op you done lie again
pls kindly show us an image of the award.

Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by Toketimt: 12:07pm On May 27, 2017
Izonpikin:
loot or no loot ameachi contributed to the state so he is recognised...grow small sense..even at this age you still mumu... undecided

Nonsense

U sound foolish. Has wike ever told you such? Where did u get this from? U are very daft u know.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by Toketimt: 12:08pm On May 27, 2017
nkemdi89:

Don't you think he may be trying to extend an olive branch to amaechi, I really don't think you understand how politics and politicians operates? Most of them fights in the eyes of the masses, but they belong to the same cults, association and groups, they will always reconcile and I don't think he is foolish for dishing out his own opinion. Please let's be civil in our approach.

Olive branch my foot. He still claimed he is a cultists just this past week.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by Toketimt: 12:10pm On May 27, 2017
gare:

For your Information, Wike can't change Amaechi fROM being a former governor, he has done well by recognising him, let him continue ranting like a child, he should have held a press conference to let us know he is angry shame on him

He should shove his recognition into his anus. Who needs ordination from a criminal.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by Toketimt: 12:10pm On May 27, 2017
AroOkigbo:

No need for insults.
The award was in the category of former governor of Rivers state. Amaechi is a former governor!

For the records he remains the best Rivers Governor in her history.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by Crixina(f): 12:48pm On May 27, 2017
I keep telling people I don't blame our so called leaders, in fact the youths of this country deserve what we are getting...remove all these corrupt people and put an average youth there, we will still suffer, because we have already been construed to a particular way of life- CORRUPTION.

Imagine, here we are on nairaland fighting over who is the saint between Amaechi and Wike, when we should all stand together united against these political thugs and be objective for once.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by Izonpikin: 1:33pm On May 27, 2017
Toketimt:

U sound foolish. Has wike ever told you such? Where did u get this from? U are very daft u know.
get away...
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by Izonpikin: 1:37pm On May 27, 2017
Codes151:
exactly my point! He was a thief but stil....

Akpabio looted too much!! But he's the one that set the Benchmark for others! He deserves an award....

If u r Akwa Ibom governor, you have to exceed Akpabio to be honoured!

Wike actually showed maturity while Amaechi expressed himself as a coward... the award might be presented by wike or may not..... but it represents Rivers which is bigger than both clowns
dont mind toket...ameachi is just an angry nitwit who can't come to collect an award that is bigger than his fight with wike...
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by nkemdi89(f): 2:06pm On May 27, 2017
Toketimt:

Olive branch my foot. He still claimed he is a cultists just this past week.
Mind you both of them are cultists.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by fippycbk(m): 2:15pm On May 27, 2017
nkemdi89:

Can you prove this? Make una no de make careless statements based on hear say.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by bizzibodi(m): 3:05pm On May 27, 2017
why cnt wike giv ameachi a break?u call yur former boss a thief,cultist & u want giv an award...who is mad here?
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by bizzibodi(m): 3:10pm On May 27, 2017
I hav no doubt that award 4 ameachi will b lace with a slow poison.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by gare(f): 8:28pm On May 27, 2017
Toketimt:

He should shove his recognition into his anus. Who needs ordination from a criminal.

You're so quick in calling someone a criminal, if you're called upon to prove it you will start crying and asking someone to help you, you should be very mindful of what you say
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by chngebeginwthme: 8:13am On May 28, 2017
WIke trying to beg Ameachi with an Award hahha..
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by Toketimt: 8:21am On May 30, 2017
nkemdi89:

Can u swear on this on the life of ur seeds?
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by Toketimt: 8:24am On May 30, 2017
gare:

You're so quick in calling someone a criminal, if you're called upon to prove it you will start crying and asking someone to help you, you should be very mindful of what you say

I personally know of at least 7 properties wike owns in PH. I choose not to include the ones he has in Abuja and elsewhere. Knowing fully well that he has no business to his name, Add up all his salaries and income since his birth and come tell me that I can't prove my claims. Ode.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by gare(f): 8:54am On May 30, 2017
Toketimt:

I personally know of at least 7 properties wike owns in PH. I choose not to include the ones he has in Abuja and elsewhere. Knowing fully well that he has no business to his name, Add up all his salaries and income since his birth and come tell me that I can't prove my claims. Ode.

We would soon know you is the ode very soon
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by Toketimt: 9:12am On May 30, 2017
gare:

We would soon know you is the ode very soon

Oponu, do u still doubt that u Av facts? Wike remains a criminal.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by OfficialAwol(m): 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
eyeview:
Atleast, wike was mature enough to recognise him with an award, but the same Amechi in a very childish, premature and petty manner celebrated an anniversary of Rivers state as governor and carefully exempted Odili in everything. Even when they were showing a video documentary of the history of rivers, ot never showed Odili as governor between 1999 to 2007. When he took pictures on the podium with extra rulers of the state, he wasn't even mentioned, talk less of recognition with an award. Yet, this Odili that he so denegrate is a man that he was living in his bq, a man that took him from nobody and made him who he is today.

If what you said about Amaechi having lived in Peter Odili's boys quarter in the past is true, then Amaechi is the greatest ingrate in history. I'm so pained as though I am Peter Odili
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by eyeview: 9:11am On Jun 20, 2017
OfficialAwol:

If what you said about Amaechi having lived in Peter Odili's boys quarter in the past is true, then Amaechi is the greatest ingrate in history. I'm so pained as though I am Peter Odili

Not only did they house him in their bq, to ensure he feeds, they gave him a job in pamo clinic in ph. (pamo means Peter And Mary Odili).
When Odili was going for governorship in 1998,he told Amaechi to go pick state house of assembly form in his LGA. Odili wanted Amaechi as his speaker since Amaechi was from the third senatorial zone different from his and the deputy.
Amaechi got the form and PDP which was the dominant party in the state took over the rest and got him victory.
On the start of the state house of assembly, Odili being the new governor elect was able to deploy some state funds into lobbying the rest of the house to allow Amaechi become the speaker.
And for the eight years, Amaechi was retained as speaker because whenever there was a move for Amaechi's impeachment, Odili would release funds to calm down frayed nerves and Amaechi will continue.
It was Odili that pushed him as PDP's governorship candidate against other party loyalists.
Today, the same Amaechi treats Odili as an enemy.
Re: Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" by OfficialAwol(m): 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2017
eyeview:

Not only did they house him in their bq, to ensure he feeds, they gave him a job in pamo clinic in ph. (pamo means Peter And Mary Odili).
When Odili was going for governorship in 1998,he told Amaechi to go pick state house of assembly form in his LGA. Odili wanted Amaechi as his speaker since Amaechi was from the third senatorial zone different from his and the deputy.
Amaechi got the form and PDP which was the dominant party in the state took over the rest and got him victory.
On the start of the state house of assembly, Odili being the new governor elect was able to deploy some state funds into lobbying the rest of the house to allow Amaechi become the speaker.
And for the eight years, Amaechi was retained as speaker because whenever there was a move for Amaechi's impeachment, Odili would release funds to calm down frayed nerves and Amaechi will continue.
It was Odili that pushed him as PDP's governorship candidate against other party loyalists.
Today, the same Amaechi treats Odili as an enemy.

Tell me why people should still help people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu's Alpha Beta Fingered In N100 Billion Fraud (Court Documents) / Fadimatu Mai Talle Tara Dies / Winifred Oyo-Ita's Leaked Memo To The Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.