Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,942 members, 7,838,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience (10282 Views)

Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum / Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate / Happy Mother's Day: Share Your Mum's Photos And Pray For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Heymorse(m): 1:49pm On May 27, 2017
jay2pee:
When we dey do hide and seek in an uncompleted building.... omo eeehhh...I press bobby die

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Officialnelly(m): 2:02pm On May 27, 2017
holyfather:
I tried explaining this thing to my wife... till I gave up grin Indomie generation doesn't know what they missed grin
Hmmmm, Someone even constructed a local wheel barrow with it

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 27, 2017
waowww... my childhood was really fun... these are d stuff i du wen i was small then
1. Playing rubber band :- Lol, we get lyk 9 styles namely;fatangogo, chieing, farest. E.t.c. We save rubber band dn lyk 200+ ,lol, but nw where are they
2. Playing with agbalumo seed:- dat time, we go gather agbalumo seed dy play, for example if i t throw a seed for a start, dn u throw , if urs touch mine, u wil pack mine including urs, nd a style called farest, dat 1 is if u throw a seed, any1 dat went closer to d wall is winner...we save lyk 1 bucket of agbalumo seed, lol, where are they now.
3.playing football with bottle cover or stout cover:- [color=#006600]waowww... my childhood was really fun... these are d stuff i du wen i was small then
1. Playing rubber band :- Lol, we get lyk 9 styles namely;fatangogo, chieing, farest. E.t.c. We save rubber band dn lyk 200+ ,lol, but nw where are they
2. Playing with agbalumo seed:- dat time, we go gather agbalumo seed dy play, for example if i t throw a seed for a start, dn

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Blonchilli(m): 2:10pm On May 27, 2017
ogorwyne:
1. mine was going everywhere with my mom, especially to work. I didn't have much friends as a child except in school. At home my mom and brother were my friends. She used to join us whenever she was free to play in the house. At work She would make sure we were studying while she's attending to her patients and would always buy us one thing or the other whenever she comes back to check on us. we were quite popular in the hospital she was working then, had so many doctor friends who were quite generous then with cash.

2. I had zero worries as a child, I miss this part a lot

3. loved Watching Godzilla and wrestling then on ITV, after every wrestling match my brother and I will turn our parlor into a play play boxing ring. But most times before the real play ends, we end up having a real fight and quarrel.

I could go on and on about my childhood, had a mom who would get me everything that could make me beautiful and neat and a dad that bought me story books a lot. Am still my parents child, happy Children's Day to me and every child out there
Godzilla and wrestling on ITV cheesy cheesy you forgot ghost busters and samurai X wink wink after school with my socks and dirty uniform would sit on the couch watching them and mom will come and chase us in but my dad would say she should leave us. I prefered watching wrestling on EBS. Seems you're in delta. Cos that was our dstv cheesy
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by koolkidcletus(m): 2:27pm On May 27, 2017
mykelmeezy:
when i fell down when i wanted to impress my crush
in 6th grade

Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by smith666999(m): 3:47pm On May 27, 2017
holyfather:

I tried explaining this thing to my wife... till I gave up grin
Indomie generation doesn't know what they missed grin

yeah, my guy. it was fun then... we the ones that had real fun. not this ice cream kids of this days.

by the way, we had our own ice cream tied in small waterproof... it was really solid ice. lick off the sugar and lil milk, and chop up the "ice block". lol

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 27, 2017
Lost Mum and Dad before 11, so don't know what it was like.
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 27, 2017
NwaObinkita:

When they carry their hørny self's for lesson during holiday
OK, that's when they're on break.
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Benteazaa(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2017
NwaObinkita:
angry

-I remember peeping our househelps when they were bathing as a child.
And sucking their bréasts when they slept.

-I didn't like Danger Mouse and Super Ted.. I always waited to watch náked scenes on ESBS night movies

-I was a smart child, I always picked used Merry-go-round(long bus) tickets and gave it to conductors.

-I remember using my transport fare for Okpa, Blackcurrant and Star icecream..then trek through Ekulu bridge down to Ogba lesson to go and admire HRC girls

PAPA
ino der
childhood in coal city rocks bro

Proudly042
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by holyfather(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2017
Officialnelly:

Hmmmm, Someone even constructed a local [b]wheel barrow [/b]with it
shocked shocked you don't say! cheesy
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by holyfather(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2017
smith666999:

yeah, my guy. it was fun then... we the ones that had real fun. not this ice cream kids of this days.

by the way, we had our own ice cream tied in small waterproof... it was really solid ice. lick off the sugar and lil milk, and chop up the "ice block". lol
Lol yeah mwan grin

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Positivist: 5:47pm On May 27, 2017
nkwuocha:
cry
Who mess am,na ojo.Ojo say na teacher,teacher say don't worry na my class people mess am pooh! embarassed

Moju moju!akara mo!make sisi!sisi deycome,make I come?And that's how I hide in a big pot in my mother's packing store till I slept off.By the time I was able to wake up,my mom was holding me tight with tears in her eyes.Ewww poor woman!Heard she almost lost it searching everywhere for me.

Shout out to those of us that feared darkness as kids.Those of us that wake up from a long sleep only to realise we have been sleeping in the dark, its evening and no one is home cry.The wailing as we shout all manner of household names,hitting our little heads on bricks,falling over chairs,stumbling over school bags trying to get out of the house ,as we remember willi willi,Doctor Who,Nagin the shake girl,Nneka the pretty serpent and all the demons we have planted in our imaginations.
Even after the rescue you can't just stop crying.The ferocious beast in the dark almost eat me embarassedto
It is Boju boju...eparamo...se kin so... You're obviously one of those Igbo's who schooled in Yoruba land.
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by nkwuocha: 6:00pm On May 27, 2017
Positivist:
It is Boju boju...eparamo...se kin so... You're obviously one of those Igbo's who schooled in Yoruba land.

I know the right words. I said it exactly as we do recite it those years cheesy cheesy.
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by ogorwyne(f): 6:33pm On May 27, 2017
Blonchilli:

Godzilla and wrestling on ITV cheesy cheesy you forgot ghost busters and samurai X wink wink after school with my socks and dirty uniform would sit on the couch watching them and mom will come and chase us in but my dad would say she should leave us. I prefered watching wrestling on EBS. Seems you're in delta. Cos that was our dstv cheesy
samurai X. I loved it too. lol. ITV and EBS were dstv then truly o. Am from Delta
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Blonchilli(m): 6:57pm On May 27, 2017
ogorwyne:

samurai X. I loved it too. lol. ITV and EBS were dstv then truly o. Am from Delta
Nice. You're making me feel like a little boy again with these memories smiley smiley where in Delta are you?
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by ogorwyne(f): 7:00pm On May 27, 2017
Blonchilli:

Nice. You're making me feel like a little boy again with these memories smiley smiley where in Delta are you?
Am not in Delta right now sha. Am in Enugu state. I school there
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by ayayamedia(m): 7:06pm On May 27, 2017
Children are the future
Nurture them right, so that they grow up to be able leaders.
And lead the world towards light. 
Happy Children's Day

#AyayaMedia
#WeAreCommittedToYourSuccess
#BeHeardBeSeen

Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Blonchilli(m): 7:13pm On May 27, 2017
ogorwyne:

Am not in Delta right now sha. Am in Enugu state. I school there
Awwww
Okay...
Would have loved us to talk more...
Not publicly here were the entire country could be viewing grin
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by ogorwyne(f): 7:20pm On May 27, 2017
Blonchilli:
Awwww Okay... Would have loved us to talk more... Not publicly here were the entire country could be viewing grin
ait
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 27, 2017
ogorwyne:

she's fam smiley. In addition, cartoon network was bae. Tom and jerry, johnny bravo, dexter's lab,ed,edd and eddy,powerpuff gals etc
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by remi1444: 9:19pm On May 27, 2017
holyfather:

I tried explaining this thing to my wife... till I gave up grin
Indomie generation doesn't know what they missed grin
ohhh am just a teen n am privileged to be part of those dat participated in dah borezz sturv.

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 27, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Sadly, I've been trying hard to think, but it seems the pleasures of alcohol and sex, as well as the general bleeped-up-ness of adulthood have wiped away what sweet memories there were of childhood.
how about the innocence of childhood?

In btw... Easy with the drinking
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by DanseMacabre(m): 11:03pm On May 27, 2017
redbeans:
how about the innocence of childhood?

In btw... Easy with the drinking

Lol. It's not that much of a habit. The problem is that I know there was the Age of Innocence, but I can't just for the life of me remember what it felt like.
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Luckygurl(f): 9:11am On May 28, 2017
nerodenero:
Aside flying Kite, killing lizardsgrin, rolling tyre around Surulere, running to know the fastest kid around my street and playing football which I enjoyed a great deal, I remember when I shook hands with the then Military Administrator of Lagos State His Excellency Col. Raji Rasaki at National theatre, Iganmu on Children's Day. It was quite memorable.

Again my friends and I would stand by the road side and continue to spank the 'nyansh' of conductorsgrin when they hang by their buses. It was fun but a conductor identified me and one day as his bus was approaching me with top speed, he gave me a heavy punch on my face, mo ri ogo lai de Celecheesy. That made me repentedtongue.

Again, my Badoo brother was a very good artist. He would draw and paint N20, the resemblance was second to none and we'd attach a rope to it while placing it on the road at night. When people sees and attempt to pick it, we will quickly pull the ropegrincheesy, denying them from picking it. Most of them won't see the rope and see them running after the money like thieves running after moneygrin. It was a funny experience.

Anytime I remember these things I did as a kid, I just feel if only I could turn back the hands of time and feel the excitement again, alas, e no possiblegrincheesy.

Lmao!!
You guys were officially naughty grin grin
Geez!!!!

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by poshestmina(f): 12:07pm On May 28, 2017
skywalker001:
what do u cherish @ d bolded...

Slayqueen dat don't knw the meaning of cherish
Seeing my mom alive after that experience was/is something I'd always be grateful for.
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by skywalker001(m): 12:26pm On May 28, 2017
poshestmina:
Seeing my mom alive after that experience was/is something I'd always be grateful for.

ok
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by juman(m): 12:32pm On May 28, 2017
Hmmmmm

nigeria failed to become a sensible country.
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by nerodenero: 1:03pm On May 28, 2017
grincheesygrin

We were more than naughtygrin

Hopeful Hope, hope you are good? Cheers!
Luckygurl:

Lmao!!
You guys were officially naughty grin grin
Geez!!!!
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 28, 2017
Victornezzar:
dat tym we do use empty sardine container 2 make motor
We do play canta(coke nd fanta cover)
wow.. I usually stored a lot of bottle covers then.
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
I enjoyed playing in the rain. Sometimes I wish I could do it again without eyes rebuking me.
Re: Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience by holyfather(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
remi1444:
ohhh am just a teen n am privileged to be part of those dat participated in dah borezz sturv.

Well that's a rare privilege.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marrying For Comfort / Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic / What Will You Remember Your Mother For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.