Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Question For Catholic Igbo Men - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Question For Catholic Igbo Men (3800 Views)

5 Reasons Most Igbo Men Don't Live To See Their Grandchildren / Man Pictured Gropping His Wife's Butt Infront Of A Catholic Church / Zimbabwean Catholic Sister Has Sex With Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 28, 2017
But don't you guys think it's ludicrous to put a condition on something like marriage? Not to talk of a condition like this...

Think am naa... 'You have to attend my church or we're not getting married'

It's just like what the Jehovah Witnesses do but theirs is different in the sense that it has nothing to do with tribe

I was just curious as to being Catholic and from Igbo is so important to an Igbo man when he wants to choose a bride

I guess we're all just stereotypes to the way things are on nairaland that each time your tribe or religion is mentioned, we're out with our canons and ready to fire...

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 28, 2017
SirVintageCock:
Letting you know what Hmmm. Is it letting you know what is so obvious or what?? Once bitten twice shy.......hmmm. It happened to you thrice and you are still asking same question. I'd say that you are not smart or maybe a bigot spoiling for a showdown with Igbomen in the ring.

Maybe I am not smart enough or a bigot as you said. But it's still not obvious to me, taking that I'm not smart

So, Mr smart pants do you care to elucidate on the obvious that I'm so dump to seeing

And spare us both the headache of looking for more insulting words in you limited vocabulary to call me

2 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Bezed(m): 5:15pm On May 28, 2017
Its funny how your comments and statements fly one sided and also selfish... How can you want a man to keep sentiments aside and go against his values , yet you affirmed you can't do the same... Its simple since you don't want to change your church or beliefs for any man, narrow your dating to only Pentecostal man... You can't tell me that there ain't lots of non catholic man that has got those exact features you see in the catholic ones...since you've known most won't end up marrying a non Catholic, its best you ask any man be4 bringing in feelings into your relationship and then coming back to the same question

9 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by trilobite: 6:19pm On May 28, 2017
SirVintageCock:
Letting you know what Hmmm. Is it letting you know what is so obvious or what?? Once bitten twice shy.......hmmm. It happened to you thrice and you are still asking same question. I'd say that you are not smart or maybe a bigot spoiling for a showdown with Igbomen in the ring.

calm down with the insults.

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by trilobite: 6:20pm On May 28, 2017
Bezed:
Its funny how your comments and statements fly one sided and also selfish... How can you want a man to keep sentiments aside and go against his values , yet you affirmed you can't do the same... Its simple since you don't want to change your church or beliefs for any man, narrow your dating to only Pentecostal man... You can't tell me that there ain't lots of non catholic man that has got those exact features you see in the catholic ones...since you've known most won't end up marrying a non Catholic, its best you ask any man be4 bringing in feelings into your relationship and then coming back to the same question

well said!! read mind. OP, it takes two to tango.

3 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by MiddleDimension: 6:21pm On May 28, 2017
op, can you marry an atheist? i bet not! an atheist does not have problems marrying you and you keeping your faith, but you cant.

i am one person that believes we all should put aside religion and relate with each other based on the basic principles of human relationship. but to say that, is to be naive of how the abrahamic religions work.

the trend you have mentioned is the same thing you see among people of other denominations. have you tried christ embassy, mountain of fire, deeper life, etc? these people believe you have to be a member of their church before they would get married to you. so i think it cuts both ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by eyinjuege: 7:09pm On May 28, 2017
Thoniameek:

Oh well! Good for your mother

I've lost three relationships to this nonsense

I'm not Igbo and I cannot be Catholic

3?

Only you?

It's better you stop dating Catholic Igbo men then.

Don't even start any relationship with anyone that's Catholic if you know you cannot change and become a Catholic .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by NoToPile: 7:41pm On May 28, 2017
Op I guess the reason why you are feeling it is because a very large number of catholics are igbos , you hardly see an Igbo family that somehow somewhere doesn't have a catholic background. Even the ones that attend another church mostly have catholic background.

There's a possibility that a large number of Igbo guys you meet are catholic and I believe thats where the problem is

The simple truth is a lot of times catholics don't accept to marry non Catholics, reasons best known to them.

I know a lady can't decide who walks up to her but once you know he's a catholic just forget about it , its that simple and You will get what you want, its just a matter of time. If you're expecting one of them to marry you and you dont want to convert to the catholic religion you are just deceiving your self.

4 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by MiddleDimension: 9:12pm On May 28, 2017
NoToPile:
Op I guess the reason why you are feeling it is because a very large number of catholics are igbos , you hardly see an Igbo family that somehow somewhere doesn't have a catholic background. Even the ones that attend another church mostly have catholic background.

There's a possibility that a large number of Igbo guys you meet are catholic and I believe thats where the problem is

The simple truth is a lot of times catholics don't accept to marry non Catholics, reasons best known to them.

I know a lady can't decide who walks up to her but once you know he's a catholic just forget about it , its that simple and You will get what you want, its just a matter of time. If you're expecting one of them to marry you and you dont want to convert to the catholic religion you are just deceiving your self.

it is a problem to be catholic? is it also a problem to be redeem, mountain of fire, winners etc. is it also a problem to be a muslim, hindu bhudist and atheist? i am someone who believes we all should be able to go with our hearts.

what the op is concerned about is what i believe is te problem with peole of faith as a whole especially the abrahamic ones.

there are alot of catholic men that have married and are still marries to women from other religioua churches. i know some.

2 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 29, 2017
NoToPile:

Thank you so much for this post...

Like you rightly said I guess it's because a large percentage of Igbos are Catholic
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 29, 2017
MiddleDimension:

it is a problem to be catholic? is it also a problem to be redeem, mountain of fire, winners etc. is it also a problem to be a muslim, hindu bhudist and atheist? i am someone who believes we all should be able to go with our hearts.

what the op is concerned about is what i believe is te problem with peole of faith as a whole especially the abrahamic ones.

there are alot of catholic men that have married and are still marries to women from other religioua churches. i know some.

I wonder o

I cannot be Catholic doesn't mean I can't be with a man that is...
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by 49cents(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2017
SirVintageCock:

I am igbo and catholic....guy be gentlemanly even o o faceless forum

2 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by ststyreal(f): 10:55pm On May 29, 2017
Thoniameek:

True...

But I just wonder why so many grown men would allow church elders take away what makes them happy
My sister you will not understand until you are in cwo or cmo before you can understand those men leaving you. Catholic men takes pride in saying " I wedded in the church' the church here is the catholic church not just any other church. But any which way sha, Catholic church is unique I must confess. Them get standard that doesn't change no matter the century we are in. I respect the foundation of the church. You can only understand the church ones you have made up your mind to be part of the church, otherwise, na so so vex you go dey vex for mass, especially if you mistakenly jam Latin mass. Proud to be a catholic by marriage but still dey miss my Anglican shaaaa!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by SirVintageCock: 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
49cents:

I am igbo and catholic....guy be gentlemanly even o o faceless forum
i was just warming up sir. but it's all good,.,.all good
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Qasaforlife(f): 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pidgin2:
Catholic is the best Church that's why, if you want to marry my Igbo brothers you better be prepared to change to Catholic Church or sorry is your name
pls what makes it the best? u really want to know.
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Qasaforlife(f): 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
Qasaforlife:
pls what makes it the best? I really want to know.
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Qasaforlife(f): 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pidgin2:
Catholic is the best Church that's why, if you want to marry my Igbo brothers you better be prepared to change to Catholic Church or sorry is your name
pls what makes it the best? I really want to know.
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
Worshiping in the same church makes it easy for you and your hubby to bring up your children properly, also, there needs to be mutual understanding between both parties on which church to attend, am sure if truly u love him you would have completed the sacraments of the church. Meanwhile there catholic Yoruba guys too.
Thoniameek:
I ask that we put aside sentiments when we want to answer questions that were honestly asked.

When you come in contact with someone you like I don't think the first thing that comes to mind is where they worship

And it's not in my place to be on the lookout for such criteria as I'm not the that it is important to

Those guys should stay away from girls like us or let us know from the onset
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by AHCB: 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2017
Pidgin2:
Why is catholic church the best church?
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by wealthywiseman: 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
AHCB:
Why is catholic church the best church?

For starters, the Catholic Church is the first and only Church founded by Christ.

Others are mere creations and thoughts of mere mortals.

You dig?
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
Qasaforlife:
pls what makes it the best? u really want to know.

It's the most organized church

Very rich tradition

Uniformity of practice

Training of children in the Catholic faith via catechism

The only church that has an entire country of its own

The church with the richest history

The celebration of daily masses

Daily communion service

Blessed Sacrament

Silent meditations

Intercessions from patron saints

Dedicating children to devotional worship e.g Legion

Practice of celibacy by our priests and nuns (meaning they have time for parishioners)

Apparitions

Understanding of heavenly activities

Rich liturgy

No one can hold it to ransome

2 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by AHCB: 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
wealthywiseman:

For starters, the Catholic Church is the first and only Church founded by Christ.

Others are mere creations and thoughts of mere mortals.

You dig?
Founded by Christ? I'm forced to ask how? Cos I know the Bible didn't say anything about Christ 'founding' a church.
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by labonita1(f): 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
This topic should be moved to the religion section.

I so much hate it when i see people fight or argue about denomination, that is why i never like religion section.
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Qasaforlife(f): 10:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

It's the most organized church

Very rich tradition

Uniformity of practice

Training of children in the Catholic faith via catechism

The only church that has an entire country of its own

The church with the richest history

The celebration of daily masses

Daily communion service

Blessed Sacrament

Silent meditations

Intercessions from patron saints

Dedicating children to devotional worship e.g Legion

Practice of celibacy by our priests and nuns (meaning they have time for parishioners)

Apparitions

Understanding of heavenly activities

Rich liturgy

No one can hold it to ransome
That's insightful but all these are all in the sight of men. Besides there is no church in heaven and GOD ALMIGHTY won't ask you the name of your church on judgment day. I think we Christians should try and accommodate ourselves because we serve one GOD.

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 15, 2017
stunningjudy:

So Pentecostals don't do same? I have a friend who swore never to marry a Catholic because she is a Pentecostal member, infact dating criteria is non-Catholic. The world will be a better place when we all mind our business, believe whatever you want and I do same.
It's rare to see Pentecostal Marry Catholics.
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
dingbang:
ok let me be straight with you...

The catholic church does not allow catholic men to marry outside the church... Their kids won't be baptized in the Catholic faith... There you go
. Sir I would advice u to be very sure of d statements u make. U just confirmed u r a Catholic n ready to marry a non catholic so y dat statement. Ofcos catholic men can marry from any denomination whatsoever.
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
You can only speak for yourself. Most catholics are extremists (pardon my word choice). They won't meet you halfway,.lailai........... You hear stories like, 'my dad won't allow me marry you cuz you aren't a catholic(girl to boy), 'you have to put aside your religious belief and embrace Catholicism if you want this relationship to work', 'no, you can't be a pentecostal while i'm a catholic, it's absurd', and all that crap.
. Hmm I will tell u dat it's same thing everywhere be it catholic or not, no man would want a woman who won't attend same church with him. N if u really wanna get married bar u must go to same church with ur hubby,u shldnt even ave a choice in dat if not den division sets in. I am a born Roman Catholic,but if I happen to get married to my husband I go with him to his Church. My mum was an Anglican n today a Catholic so if u love ur man too, church shldnt be an issue puliz
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
dingbang:
well some men can be pretty funny...
. Only when dey aren't very sure of the woman involved. In fact to say d truth it's usually d catholic ladies who ave issues with getting married to men outside Catholic n not d other way round.
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2017
stunningjudy:

So Pentecostals don't do same? I have a friend who swore never to marry a Catholic because she is a Pentecostal member, infact dating criteria is non-Catholic. The world will be a better place when we all mind our business, believe whatever you want and I do same.
. Bless u indeed
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
stunningjudy:

Life isn't so difficult, if you cannot be Catholic, don't bother dating them then turn around to complain. The same way you cannot be Catholic is the same way they cannot marry yo.
O bwoi u shldnt sound dat way even though u just made d truth clear out
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by dingbang(m): 7:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
enkayhope:
. Sir I would advice u to be very sure of d statements u make. U just confirmed u r a Catholic n ready to marry a non catholic so y dat statement. Ofcos catholic men can marry from any denomination whatsoever.
eh but some women can just be pretty stubborn.. They will want to cause disunity in their marriage by saying husband, go to ur own church while I attend my own church..

Before I even think about proposing to any woman, I must be sure she isn't that kind of woman
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Quinn22(f): 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
What state are you from?
dingbang:
Babe relax.. I am Igbo and catholic and I don't even intend marrying an Igbo girl in the first place...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. / Sex With Cousin More Pleasurable? / Has My Wife Finally Moved On ? Update 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.