Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti (6626 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome Gives Drummer Jeep Worth $50,000USD / Lagos Pastor, Okafor Donates N500,000 To A Boy With Lump In The Head / Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Tweetie(f): 5:55pm On Jan 18, 2010
princekevo:

Please dont spread another lies in the name of defence b4 God will be angry with you. These was the statement of a From a senior Pastor, and the chariman of the churchs board.
Already senior Pastor of the RCCG in North America is also the Chairman of the Church's Board of coordinators in North America,Pastor James Fadele,has directed all the parishes in the continent to take a special offering on Sunday to replace the $50,000 donated by the church.

1. were u there when he made the statement?
2. remember Pressmen have a way of twisting people's words to make their news interesting and they have just achieved that by giving yet another wrong info.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by koolchicco: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
Pastor AIO:

And you just know that when they make that special collection to refund the 50k that the money raised will be over 50k. In other words the whole exercise would have resulted in profit for the RCCG.

That was why I used the term "NATIONAL LOTTERY" in my earlier post.

Bloody Hypocrites, they are!!
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Annunaki(m): 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2010
I am going to create a website to raise money for Haiti, NLs your contributions would be highly appreciated. Hopefully like RCCG I hope to make a garguatan profit from the venture.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by dadus74: 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2010
Guys guys did u really read the topic it was $50k not 50k naira common pls read b4 u post a comment hope u guys r not blind men
==========

For a church in third world country to donate huge amount like that i think it is very wrong, i know we're trying to help but my people fellow 9ja we have to think twice before some big churches trying to be a big boy in the world single person in USA or Europe can do better. we all know that all these money came from the worshipper. they shld have help the community instead of trying to show off.

pls pastor adeboye pls!!!!!!!!!!!! use the money for better person within 9ja not going over the ocean
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by bawomolo(m): 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2010
so the money has to be replaced? hehe talk about a non-profit organization.

koolchicco:

[/b]

That was why I used the term "NATIONAL LOTTERY" in my earlier post.

Bloody Hypocrites, they are!!

I know right, i didn't know there were regular offerings, i guess the building fund isn't enough so we have special offerings cheesy
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by SamMilla1(m): 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2010
Good move. i like it. i m a big critic of their Church but i like when things are done in the interest of humanity
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by maddock(m): 9:10pm On Jan 18, 2010
make una free redeem jo, na dem send earth quake go scather haiti. if person no do una go talk now dem don do una still dey talk. na wah for una o
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by mamagee3(f): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2010
That's so kind and generous of them. cheesy cheesy
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by MackDealer: 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
Nigerians! Nigerian!! Nigerian!!!, no wonder that country is sick, this is a typical case of if you do your damned if you don't you are damned. All of you big mouth morons critizing RCCG, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by chioya(f): 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2010
i love my pastor rccg all the way wink wink wink wink
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by chelseabmw(m): 10:51pm On Jan 18, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm shocked they tired anyways, una wen dey make mouth here una church don donate $1?
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by rasputinn(m): 3:56am On Jan 19, 2010
RCCG North America,not RCCG worldwide
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by rasputinn(m): 3:59am On Jan 19, 2010
Every donation will go a long way in ameliorating the plight of the suffering Haitians,so all you wet blankets why not make your own donations or just shut da fuc.k up
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Phony200(m): 7:53am On Jan 19, 2010
50k usd is too small, 50m usd where did they get it from.
50k, buncha stingy buggers. 50m, so they have so much money.
50k bad people, 50m worse people. Nothing at all, fill in the gap yourself.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Annunaki(m): 8:52am On Jan 19, 2010
Some donations by "secular" individuals to haitian people.[And they are not seeking a refund like our mega corporation cum church]

Brad pitt/ Angelina Jolie : $1.1 million
Sandra Bullocks : $1 million
Madonna : $250,000
Lance Amstrong : $250,000

RCCG Corporation a supposed church of christ with millions of members worldwide that sgould be in the fore front of good works as Yeshua directed :$50,000 ;d and they even have the nerve to ask their customers for a refund. Who is truly serving God here the secular hollywood stars or the Mega church?
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by MackDealer: 9:03am On Jan 19, 2010
How much did Annunaki PLC donate?
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Kx: 9:05am On Jan 19, 2010
I think the church should have had a general offering towards helping Haiti
first.They could then take from the proceeds of the offering to donate to Haiti.

I think the idea of donate first and recoup from offering,[i]if it is true,[/i]sends a
wrong signal.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by papabaks(m): 10:03am On Jan 19, 2010
Why publicizing over just 50,000 doll, Is it not the bible that says what your right hand does should not be let known to your left?

This world,

papa
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 19, 2010
But we have Religious Crisis in other parts of Nigeria.
Cant they donate to them?
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by yashika(m): 10:33am On Jan 19, 2010
Why must he(GO) buy a private jet, when 50% of the church members are hungry, jobless,houseless name it. You pay heavly for parking,spend so much on flying one man. Now demonstrate your kindness to humanity by giving to God, when u give to Haitian's, u give to God. 50kUSD is peanut compared to what God has blessed the church with. Asking your church members to refund it is not christen announcing it to the world is Ungodly.
God bless us.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by 1forall: 10:38am On Jan 19, 2010
Some NL users just like to see their post count rise. . .
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Dejipumpin(m): 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2010
After reading through this thread, I discovered a lotta of people criticising the donations are just bunch of fools with loud mouths! Imagine, even after someone said the information possibly got leaked out to the press without any intention to show off or anything, some fools are still saying they gave only $50,000 and they are making noise about it. , Ask yourself, what does RCCG stands to gain from showing off??

For the benefits of the doubt, the $50,000 was made only by the North-Amerrican region of the RCCG and not RCCG Worldwide, Maybe you guys needs to wait to hear the total donation before making any unjustifable comments on RCCG's act of love, kindness according to biblical injunctions. I made a donation through my church, and I'm happy I did, Am very sure a lot of the loud-mouth peeps have not given a kobo, all they do is to criticize, God go help us oooo
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Bisijohn: 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2010
A church did something and you were crying foul; Has Nigeria as country done anything? Senegal has already offered land for possible resettlement. Let's address issue and put away sentiment. We are just giant for nothing. The Earthquake that happened in Haiti was a natural disaster but the earthquake taking place in Nigeria is political base on sentiment,greed, and last of interest in the project called Nigeria.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Kay17: 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2010
they should have tried out worthless prayers!
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Immortall: 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2010
Growing old is mandatory,
Growing up is optional!

To y'all critics, I've once been like u but don't u think it's time to grow up. Y'all should have at least thought carefully over d topic before posting senseless comments. Y'all are just hating for no good reasons. Joined Nairaland b'cos of y'all and after reading all of your posts, realized I don't even gots anything to say to y'all. Funny or rather annoying thing is that most of y'all are adults or "grown olds" thinking like toddlers. Most of y'all might want to ask how my post connects to the topic but like I said, there's nothing to be said to y'all, y'all just ain't thinking and being unreasonable. Put away any kinda of beef or grudge you gots against the church, read the topic again and  try to be reasonable this time. PEACE!  wink
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Immortall: 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2010
From a pledge of One million US dollars by the Lagos State Government and another One million dollars by a religious body, Christ Embassy Church in Lagos, many institutions and individuals across Nigeria are showing brotherly concern to the victims of Haiti earthquake.

Since the Haiti incidence the outpour of sympathy has continued to rise especially among church related organizations in Nigeria. “We have been encouraged to donate to a pool of funds that will be sent to Haiti next week” says Akin Owoeye, a member of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Nigeria.

The United States branch of the Church made a donation of $50,000 to the earthquake victim last week.

Owoeye says, an instruction was passed on to all 7,000 branches of the Church, across the world to make charity donation to Haiti.

Also, the Lagos State Government has opened a Haiti donation venue where items and cash will be collected and sent to Haiti sometime next week.

The Governor, Raji Fashola urged all the members of the House of representative to donate substantially to aid the support of the US, Red Cross and the United Nations in restoring hope to the earthquake ravaged country.

The Governor also added that the government will not only donate cash, it will also send personnel to Haiti.

http://www.africanews.com/site/Nigeria_donates_aid_to_Haiti/list_messages/29503
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by cjay10: 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2010
Monkey no fine but him mama like am, i love my church for taking this action, please all other organisations should try and follow suit. remain bless as you give to charity
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by idifu(m): 5:14pm On Jan 19, 2010
shey RCCG no go donate to those ppl wey dey displaced for Jos, at least dem no plenty reach those wey dey for Haitismiley
i don't believe or trust any one of these so called men of God bunch of pretenders, dat 50k he donated to Haiti was nothing but a publicity stunt
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by oaroloye(m): 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2010
$50 is indeed a ridiculous sum for a whole church to give for such a disaster.
Whereas Jesus' Teachings is that the almsgiving of a Christian should be anonymous:

MATTHEW 6:1-8.

"TAKE heed that ye do not your alms before men,
to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no Reward
of your Father which is in Heaven.
2. "Therefore when thou doest thine alms,
do not sound a trumpet before thee,
as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets,
that they may have glory of men.
Verily I say unto you,

'They have their reward.'
3. "But when thou doest alms,
let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
4. "That thine alms may be in secret:
and thy Father which seeth in secret Himself
shall Reward thee openly.
5. "And when thou prayest,
thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:
for they love to pray standing in the synagogues
and in the corners of the streets,
that they may be seen of men.
Verily I say unto you,

'They have their reward.'
6. "But thou, when thou prayest,
enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door,
pray to thy Father which is in secret;
and thy Father which seeth in secret
shall Reward thee openly.
7. "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do:
for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8. "Be not ye therefore like unto them:
for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of,
before ye ask Him."

BUT YOU KNOW that the Nigerian religious hypocrite is never going to obey Jesus in such things.
If they let you know that they give $50,000, they should be giving $5,000,000 you will never hear about.
But I don't believe that that is never going to happen.

But what I want to know is why none of the millions of "Holy Ghost filled" Pentecostal Christians in Redeemed Church of Christ and other Pentecostal Churches never saw this coming? Just like they never saw Hurricane Katrina and other disasters coming. This is not what these churches are for. Their doctrines appeal to the Middle-Class, who do nothing but exploit the fruits of education and mere mortal toil, and attribute everything to Jesus and a relationship with him that does not exist.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by chyk91(m): 1:24am On Jan 20, 2010
pls o, this 50k is just from their branch in n.america, and the offering collected on sunday was not to replace the 50k for christ sake, its also to be sent to them.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by bee444: 4:03am On Jan 20, 2010
Hi guys!

I do believe we all entitle to our own opinion (s), but rather than to be too careful in what we say, we should honesty say what we feel about the donation without getting any criticism from no one.

Giving is good, voluntary giving is better! My only concern is, why should the congregation be asked to donate for what has already been donated?
However, we all know how loyal Nigerian Christians are, anything for the Pastor! Only in Nigeria people don't tend to critique what their pastor say, even when it seems obvious what was said is kinda contradictory!

In addition, I believe the reason for the donation is for the USA to see us as a very charitable nation. The mutallab thing has recently damage our relations with the US, the donation should go a long way to at least get us a more respectable status.

God bless
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Vindy: 11:20am On Jan 20, 2010
Whatever we are doing let us remember our christian brothers and sisters in Jos that are in dire need of help. And must we continue 2 allow this useless radical muslims that blyf only in kill kill even without the slithest provocation 2 CONTINUE 2 KILL and destroy our properties? me i'm sick and tired of the killing of christians oo. NIGERIA GOD MAY GOD HELP US.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spiritual Attack Is Real. How To Protect Yourself / The Usefulness And Importance Of Trials And Temptations / Dont Be Deceived By Drawings, Jesus Was A Black Man!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.