Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night (50014 Views)

Aregbesola Shades Amosun At APC Rally, Angry Amosun Reports Him To Buhari (video / Obasanjo Visits Gov. Amosun At His Oke-mosan,abeokuta Office(photos) / Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by lipopo(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2017
Ambode..........where is Fashola, immediate past governor?
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by seguntijan(m): 9:16pm On May 28, 2017
Why do Ndi'Igbo still believe the false stereotype that the omo Oduduwa (Yoruba) are cowards? In the history of Nigeria, only two men have returned to Nigeria to face almost certain death even when they had the option of a very comfortable political asylum abroad. Both of them are Yoruba. In 1985, General
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida toppled the Buhari regime while Major General Tunde Idiagbon (mixed Yoruba/Fulani) was at Mecca yet Idiagbon returned. In 1995,
Olusegun Obasanjo (pure Owu Yoruba) was accused of planning a coup by the blood thirsty tyrant, Abacha (if you don't like the truthful description of Abacha you can go and join him where he is) while he was away in Copenhagen. He returned to face almost certain death. I admired Ojukwu, but I was disappointed that he fled. I wish he remained. I also admired Azikiwe, but Awolowo would NEVER abandon his people as Azikiwe did when he defected to the federal side during the civil war. Awolowo was in prison because of his people and he could have been released had he compromised his beliefs but he stoutly refused. That is courage not cowardice. I have been in direct communication with Gowon whom I admire but he did not return after he was accused of being behind the Dimka coup. Obasanjo and Idiagbon are probably the bravest Nigerians ever. They are certainly braver than Murtala Mohammed who was safely in London waiting for Joseph Garba and co to topple Gowon. The stereotype of Yorubas as cowards is false. Every ethnicity has cowards and brave men.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by Bills2307(m): 9:16pm On May 28, 2017
grin

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by Elhabeeb1(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2017
Esseite:
The more reason the west needs to align with the east...

Lagos would be de-mystified in event the country splits... obviously lagos would loose its popularity and value.

Population would reduce drastically... thereby, tax would go to the utmost low, IGR would reduce drastically also as other regions(countries) would seek self independence.
Development would go to the lowest as population has dropped and rents have crashed making it a less viable business.
The remaining populace would move to cheaper towns and cities as the tax generation would be too stringent for the remaining populace.

The springing industry in ogun state would go moribond as no buying populace.

south east (to many businesses with no buying power)
North.. (unneccessary population would bring about extreme poverty)

just the south south might survive but the area would be war torn.

Lets make Nigeria work, lets Restructure in a way everyone benefits and regions open up whatever they have to struggle to sustain rather than taking from A and spliting between ABCD.. it would only make BCD lazy.

I kind of agree with your analysis, the only region that stands to gain in the event of break up of the country Nigeria is the south south and that is only if they do not turn the region to former Liberia or crude oil becomes obsolete.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by Gewana: 9:17pm On May 28, 2017
[size=38pt]what is osinbajo doing in lagos.. He should go back to abuja, where he lives. [/size]
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by Unimaginable123: 9:17pm On May 28, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

I doubt any igbo person will want any sort of alliance with afonjas.. not possible
Lagos is no man's land. Owned originally by aworis on one end and eguns on the other. And later colonised by Benin. And then later taken over by freed portuguese slaves. And then colonised by Britain and developed by Nigerians, mostly igbos.
Nowhere in history of Lagos will u hear yoruba mentioned.
We are not going into any allegiance with back-stabbing afonjas, not in a million years.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by eyinjuege: 9:20pm On May 28, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

A "country inside a nation" that cant do without oil money from another "country inside a nation." yeye

Lagos did do without oyel money under the astute leadership of Asiwaju Tinubu.
The then president Gen Olusegun Obasanjo wasn't happy having an opposition state and decided to show them pepper since Tinubu was amongst those that stood against his presidency.
It only opened up opportunities and made them think outside the box.
That's why present day opposition states need to think of newer ways of generating money, people will believe more in your vision if they see things working.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by muller101(m): 9:22pm On May 28, 2017
Rochas is certainly pregnant
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by lokonzo78: 9:22pm On May 28, 2017
Yet to see Fashola in any of the pictures. Did he go on inspection of power plants that ain't working?
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by lekbel09(m): 9:23pm On May 28, 2017
there is serious animosity between Yorubas and igbos there can never be an alliance. the igbos always claimed that the y orubas betrayed them buh y orubas were not even concerned wit the war until the igbos decided to attack yorubaland it is a well known fact that do many yorubas fought on the side of biafra

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:25pm On May 28, 2017
Where is Fashola?? So as a former governor of Lagos State, he chose not to come to the event. Lol.

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by Righteous555(m): 9:26pm On May 28, 2017
caprini1:
Exactly.....even though I know Nigerian politicians steal,Lagos governors ,still find time to really improve the masses well being.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by iamphill: 9:29pm On May 28, 2017
Let the IBO's go jare am tired of all these rantings. I wonder who will buy their products when they actualize that.

Sometimes I wonder why its so difficult for people to understand things. Other tribes especially the Yoruba's have the spending power to buy things from the IBO's. The IBO's have the brain for commerce is that not a Symbiotic relationship one is dependent on the other why so much bitterness and acrimony sef.....
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by temitope277(m): 9:30pm On May 28, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

Anambra, Abia and Imo all produce oil, infact Abia and Imo are part of NDDC states.. The fact is that the overrated Lagos and indeed all SW states can't do without "foreign" oil cheesy
do u know that ondo state also produce oil?ondo state is also part of NDDC state
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by Glare247(m): 9:30pm On May 28, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Lagos is no man's land. Owned originally by aworis on one end and eguns on the other. And later colonised by Benin. And then later taken over by freed portuguese slaves. And then colonised by Britain and developed by Nigerians, mostly igbos.
We are not going into any allegiance with back-stabbing afonjas, not in a million years.
U for kuku talk say Lagos na part of south east,nonsense talk,Lagos na no mans land,na obi be d king for dere now,u bera stop dis ur foolish talk

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by cristianisraeli: 9:31pm On May 28, 2017
Is the current president/acting not suppose to be in the middle in this photos

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by lekbel09(m): 9:33pm On May 28, 2017
Unimaginable123:
its pitiable that u can talk wifawt reasoning let the igbos join Lagos with biafra since its No man's land

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 28, 2017
Hey there, I agree with you to some extent. But you really have missed the point.

You see, Lagos survived the federal vindictive policies during obasanjo's regime. That was a game changer on how Lagos operates. Till today, Lagos exists independently of what Nigeria to a very large extent.

And yes, it means Lagos can survive without oil.

Then, you said people will emigrate to their home regions, and so Lagos people wont't be able to maintain Lagos, right? Now, let me ask you a question. As a business man, would rather you relocate to a region where you are expected to start from the scratch, or stay in Lagos where you have established yourslef and pay your tax? I guess you know the answer.

You see, truth is, there will challenges here and there, but no successful and well-established person will leave Lagos, if Nigeria splits tomorrow. Lagos has grown beyond tribal sentiment. It has freed itself of religion bigotry. It is the only metropolitan city in Nigeria. If Nigerians can go London and pay taxes through their nose, then, Lagos will run and survive very well. I can't say the same for any state in Nigeria.

I agree with you though on "strength in population"... But I bet to differ on Lagos crashing if we go the true federalism way.or if the nation splits.

Esseite:

First dont start a statement with ode... it ridicules the whole idea...

If the nation splits... populace would reduce drastically and visa's would be worthless because their is no business.. ask zambia and co
where do you obtain igr from?

Most people would move enmass to their fatherlands including non lagos indigenes but yorubas.. due to tax overbearing because the SW alone cannot afford to maintain lagos, same as abuja.

It would be a vice versa scenerio... lagos is commerce, commerce trives with population. It would be a trade by batter scenerio (exchange)... if you inflate the fares to supply you neccessary goods, the buying power would reduce, reduce govt earnings and supposed IGR. Thereby even chasing away the little or no population. And even pushing the IGR lower. Evaded taxes would be long gone as a new system would emerge and the scare not to chase the little available population. Other states would open up and dredge their rivers to take that which you have refused to accept.

Nigeria is balanced and blessed.. if we distort the system its a loose loose situation for all.. we wont be great again.. that is why a re-structure to calm frayed nerves is far better and beneficial than dissolution...

United we stand. So we should all fight for a united Nigeria, we need each other more.

Note, am a de-tribalized Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by sojikul(m): 9:35pm On May 28, 2017
Lagos is now an oil producing state in case u don't know
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:37pm On May 28, 2017
cristianisraeli:
Is the current president/acting not suppose to be in the middle in this photos

Guy, u speaking nonsense. Just shut up

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by nkemdi89(f): 9:40pm On May 28, 2017
Osibanjo bowed for rochas, come 2019 osibanjo will be the vice president to Rochas. IMO Will be produce a president next election.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by Crestedguy4real: 9:41pm On May 28, 2017
Alcatraz005:

We won't go into an alliance with Igbos. We want you to do your worst.
I wonder why you people are fighting yourself over this people you can all of them doing merriment, and you all will come on line and be throwing curses at each other.how do you know when decisions will be taking, unah dey there they rant and they are busy taking decisions
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by StarPlayer: 9:43pm On May 28, 2017
Nutase:
Gathering of vultures.
Must you comment? meaninless talk angry
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 28, 2017
Hello again, my friend,

I really like your argument. But I'm afraid you are not quite right in some aspects.

1. For instance, *Lagos would be de-mystified in event the country splits... obviously lagos would loose its popularity and value.*
On the contrary, even though I am not speaking with a definitive tone, I think every right-thinking person will wanna go to where business, inter-communal commerce, a gateway to entire world, viable structure, prospective business climate is assured. Lagos is the region that boast of these attributes. So, value will be increased, not decreased.

2. *Population would reduce drastically... thereby, tax would go to the utmost low, IGR would reduce drastically*
In the even that number 1 above happen, Lagos will experience astronomical increase in population, sharp increase in everything including food, shelter and clothing. Crime will surge to its highest. There will be a massive rise in taxes. Lagos government will find very difficult to cope, but will eventually do. You know why, Lagos works. People like certainty. Lagos gives that. No state...I repeat...NO STATE gives hope for survival more than Lagos.

3. *south east (to many businesses with no buying power*
I totally disagree with this notion.. Yes, South East is industrial power house of Nigeria today. And guess what, that is the key to survival. They don't have to sell their product in the south east. They export to other regions who will MOST DEFINITELY depend on them to drive their own local economy. This makes the south east a PRODUCING ECONOMY. Their nothing better than a producing economy my friend. The south east will definitely survive. Their strength is their Ingenuity.

Abeg, make I go watch movies joor.

Esseite:
The more reason the west needs to align with the east...

Lagos would be de-mystified in event the country splits... obviously lagos would loose its popularity and value.

Population would reduce drastically... thereby, tax would go to the utmost low, IGR would reduce drastically also as other regions(countries) would seek self independence.
Development would go to the lowest as population has dropped and rents have crashed making it a less viable business.
The remaining populace would move to cheaper towns and cities as the tax generation would be too stringent for the remaining populace.

The springing industry in ogun state would go moribond as no buying populace.

south east (to many businesses with no buying power)
North.. (unneccessary population would bring about extreme poverty)

just the south south might survive but the area would be war torn.

Lets make Nigeria work, lets Restructure in a way everyone benefits and regions open up whatever they have to struggle to sustain rather than taking from A and spliting between ABCD.. it would only make BCD lazy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by Prinzyy: 9:56pm On May 28, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

Benin and Togo are not even as economically and structurally stable as Lagos, now you beginning to see how Lagos will be like without oil from Niger delta. Lol
grin
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by fippycbk(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2017
nkemdi89:
Osibanjo bowed for rochas, come 2019 osibanjo will be the vice president to Rochas. IMO Will be produce a president next election.
grin cheesy grin
Wake up.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by yanabasee(m): 10:09pm On May 28, 2017
caprini1:
Ok bro....but do you know that the major income of Benin republic and Togo is their seaport? And those countries are stable economically an structurally....good roads , constant electricity and good security network,so what makes them different from Lagos,that has a mega port for example?

Oga, Nigeria had many seaports back in the 70s... when democracy took over, our politicians lobbied for other seaports to stop functioning...like in d case of Cross river state seaports...

Again, lagos is only makin that huge impact via the seaport alone, as many itemz get to be shipped from lagos to overseas and its charges helps to develope the state....

Akwa ibom have acquire a portion of land by the governor udom to build a seaport... and Cross river governor have started a project on revamping its seaports as well... when these projects are completed, you will see for urself how lagos state will lose its standard via its income from seaport charges...

Crudes are shipped from lagos.. products (both raw and defined products) takes off from lagos.. and lands from lagos before it's transported to other states....
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by petchi: 10:09pm On May 28, 2017
Alcatraz005:

We won't go into an alliance with Igbos. We want you to do your worst.
Afonjas are like grass tossed to and fro by breeze any one who put his trust in them will be betrayed.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by absoluteSuccess: 10:19pm On May 28, 2017
First time I read through all comments on thread in years.

Nice posts with less craze for 'afontino' roller coaster.
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by lereinter(m): 10:24pm On May 28, 2017
waste of resources cos there is nothing to celebrate
cos pmb isnt there fayose decided to show face
Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by ladiguy(m): 10:34pm On May 28, 2017
seguntijan:
Why do Ndi'Igbo still believe the false stereotype that the omo Oduduwa (Yoruba) are cowards? In the history of Nigeria, only two men have returned to Nigeria to face almost certain death even when they had the option of a very comfortable political asylum abroad. Both of them are Yoruba. In 1985, General
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida toppled the Buhari regime while Major General Tunde Idiagbon (mixed Yoruba/Fulani) was at Mecca yet Idiagbon returned. In 1995,
Olusegun Obasanjo (pure Owu Yoruba) was accused of planning a coup by the blood thirsty tyrant, Abacha (if you don't like the truthful description of Abacha you can go and join him where he is) while he was away in Copenhagen. He returned to face almost certain death. I admired Ojukwu, but I was disappointed that he fled. I wish he remained. I also admired Azikiwe, but Awolowo would NEVER abandon his people as Azikiwe did when he defected to the federal side during the civil war. Awolowo was in prison because of his people and he could have been released had he compromised his beliefs but he stoutly refused. That is courage not cowardice. I have been in direct communication with Gowon whom I admire but he did not return after he was accused of being behind the Dimka coup. Obasanjo and Idiagbon are probably the bravest Nigerians ever. They are certainly braver than Murtala Mohammed who was safely in London waiting for Joseph Garba and co to topple Gowon. The stereotype of Yorubas as cowards is false. Every ethnicity has cowards and brave men.

Even Abiola stood by his mandate till death.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night by ladiguy(m): 10:42pm On May 28, 2017
Unimaginable123:

You are foolish. Aworis are Yoruba sub group . The Yorubas are nation not a tribe with different sub groups( Egbas, Aworis, Ijehsas, Ekitis ,Ibadan and the ibarapas, Ijebus, Yewas the Okuns in Kogi, Dino melayes pple and so on . Awori spread from Lagos to Ogun state.

Go meet your elder that settled in Lagos some decades ago to school you what you dont know .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Renewed Hope Concert For Tinubu/shettima In Abuja. / Flutterwave Founder, Iyin Aboyeji, Presents Tinubu Tech Policy (Photo) / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.