Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! (2636 Views)

How God Came Into Existence. / Sign Fireman Explains How God Is A Game!!! / How God Brought Me Into His Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by mamagee3(f): 10:01pm On Jan 18, 2010
God didn't kill anyone, guys
Fate took its course
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by Yisraylite(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
@Morpheus24

Thats the best analogy you could come up with. an armed robber and the purpose it serves?

I like to keep it nice and simple so even a kindergardner could understand, I don't feel the need to put my intellectual prowess on display, unlike you I'm secure enough within myself to keep it simple grin
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by morpheus24: 10:31pm On Jan 18, 2010
Yisraylite:

@Morpheus24

I like to keep it nice and simple so even a kindergardner could understand, I don't feel the need to put my intellectual prowess on display, unlike you I'm secure enough within myself to keep it simple grin

Whats difficult in understanding that the creator didn't send any thief to your house to come steal and kill you. He is going to commit that crime because of the natural cause and effects based ultimately on a[b] choice [/b] one makes. Which is why we are able to calculate if or when his/her actions are most likely to take place.

I don't need to reference any religious books to get that point across to anyone.

Morpheus says "everything begins with choice"

You get it now!!
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by lizfab(f): 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2010
blasphemy
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by morpheus24: 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2010
lizfab:

blasphemy
Of the highest order
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by slimes(m): 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2010
Ancient history tells that the origin of knowlege and epistemology is in in fact a mystery known to a superior being who is the creator of all beings. Religion gives names to their superior being.
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by blackcypha(m): 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2010
YET more survivors r still being found , just saw on cnn how a 70yr old woman trapped was saved today,
wat an emotional report,
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by blackcypha(m): 9:37pm On Jan 24, 2010
still more survivors, just watched bbc news showing anoda person rescued after 10 days , wat u call dat fate or act of god?
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by AbuZola3(m): 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2010
Ok
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by blackcypha(m): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2010
mama-gee:

Fate took its course
IS IT not right to say dat fate in terms of disasters like these is an act of an all powerful Godsince we cant prevent or control it?
morpheus24:

Whats difficult in understanding that the creator didn't send any thief to your house to come steal and kill you. He is going to commit that crime because of the natural cause and effects based ultimately on a[b] choice [/b] one makes. Which is why we are able to calculate if or when his/her actions are most likely to take place.

I don't need to reference any religious books to get that point across to anyone.
please how does your analogy answer the topic in question?

You get it now!!
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by blackcypha(m): 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2010
mama-gee:

Fate took its course
IS IT not right to say dat fate in terms of disasters like these is an act of an all powerful God
morpheus24:

You get it now!
@poster how does dat answer the topic in question?
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by ilosiwaju: 7:11pm On Jan 25, 2010
mama-gee:

Fate took its course
Mama gee, care to explain this your fate theory ma'am?
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by blackcypha(m): 3:13pm On Jan 29, 2010
ya please mama g can u throw light on your statement?
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by helperzz(m): 10:37am On Mar 04, 2010
@all and @nuclear boy i have noted the ignorance of all this christian defenders.After getting a great shame from this thread they were too ashamed to defend yahweh their god,A vengeance and blood sucking god.A supposed god of love who wrecked havoc on the inhabitant of haiti killing 500,000 of them and also destroying the enemies of israel in the past for no just cause. they tend to twist the matter to muhamed i wonder if it was muhamed who cause the earthquake.Seek knowledge before it is too late or be killed by ignorance!
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by nuclearboy(m): 10:55am On Mar 09, 2010
I thought you claimed it is allah that is the almighty - this would mean your allah killed those people. Anyways, we all know the truth of who the real God is and He didn't kill them. There are consequences to every action just as Global Warming is the consequence of our neglect of the environment.

But I wonder - do you have the mental capability to understand that since your brain is loose from banging it against the ground all your life?
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by Seun(m): 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2010
So because of our 'neglect' 500,000 people in a poor nation had to die? That's stupid.
Also, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, etc are not caused by neglect of the environment.
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by Zodiac61(m): 12:08am On Mar 15, 2010
mama-gee:

Fate took its course
But he saved the survivors, didn't he?? I am sure that there is some logic there somewhere undecided undecided undecided undecided
nuclearboy:

I thought you claimed it is allah that is the almighty - this would mean your allah killed those people. Anyways, we all know the truth of who the real God is and He didn't kill them. There are consequences to every action just as Global Warming is the consequence of our neglect of the environment.

But I wonder - do you have the mental capability to understand that since your brain is loose from banging it against the ground all your life?
Why didn't he target the real polluters of the environment in the western world? Why does he always target under developed countries God, Allah - they are both the same- claim to be omnipotent - turn out to be the greatest under-archivers of all times. Cannot do anything without human help.
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by blackcypha(m): 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2010
Zodiac61:

But he saved the survivors, didn't he?? I am sure that there is some logic there somewhere undecided undecided undecided undecidedWhy didn't he target the real polluters of the environment in the western world? Why does he always target under developed countries God, Allah - they are both the same- claim to be omnipotent - turn out to be the greatest under-archivers of all times. Cannot do anything without human help.
LMAO grin
ABI OOO!
So xtians would want us to believe he saved the SURVIVORS?By logic he shud take responsibility of the helpless pple who died terrible deaths tooo,
why IS IT SO HARD FOR XTIANS ON THIS FORUM TO ADMIT THIS?
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by michealkal: 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2010
What u Dumb fools dnt know is the judgment of your deeds are not influenced by what umbrella u hide under! its really every man for himself. I advise everyone to pick all the good they can out of their HOLYBOOKs and live by what u learn. Pondering on the actions of people in the past is very dumb! u can use the past for corrections and the future for inspiration BUT LIVE IN THE PRESENT and thats all that matters in this world not what you belive in or what u think u belive in.

As for the deaths, don't you people ever ask yourself why animals never get killed except those tied down to a location we have lost all sense of perception well thats too bad because it wont stop nature from its cause of natural activities.(if rain fall was acid, but still plants relied on it will you want rain to fall am sure ur answer will be yes because your feeding depends on it so all you will do is to stay out of the rains way) well your selfish interest dnt affect the workings of nature meaning when the earths needs its quakes ur opinion is not needed.
Re: How God Killed 500,000 people In A week! by blackcypha(m): 12:37pm On Mar 19, 2010
michealkal:

What u Dumb fools dnt know is the judgment of your deeds are not influenced by what umbrella u hide under! its really every man for himself. I advise everyone to pick all the good they can out of their HOLYBOOKs and live by what u learn. Pondering on the actions of people in the past is very dumb! u can use the past for corrections and the future for inspiration BUT LIVE IN THE PRESENT and thats all that matters in this world not what you belive in or what u think u belive in.

As for the deaths, don't you people ever ask yourself why animals never get killed except those tied down to a location we have lost all sense of perception well thats too bad because it wont stop nature from its cause of natural activities.(if rain fall was acid, but still plants relied on it will you want rain to fall am sure your answer will be yes because your feeding depends on it so all you will do is to stay out of the rains way) well your selfish interest dnt affect the workings of nature meaning when the earths needs its quakes your opinion is not needed.
mr man u shud retract that harsh "dumb fools statement of yours or you will be banned u must show some respect
okay?
anyway your post made sense except dat you spoiled it with your insolence, grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is The Bible Outdated And Irrelevant? / Prayer That Brings Instant Miracles / Know The Benefits Of Keeping The Laws Of YAHUAH/YAHWEH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.