Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,448 members, 7,864,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja (3145 Views)

Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea / Nigerians Reacts To Vietnam’s Plea To Nigerian Govt To Import Rice To Nigeria / Amina Zakara: EU Rejects Pdp's Plea To Influence INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by totit: 8:52pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
As a proud Yoruba boy,I plead for the use of this name to be banned from Nairaland. It is highly offensive.
I,as a SW'ner don't agree with the OP.

Abeg you are on your own.

Who afonja EP? Let them continue with it abeg? Ipods calling SW'ner afonda are just means of comedy for us. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 28, 2017
totit:

Who afonja EP? Let them continue with it abeg? Ipods calling SW'ner afonda are just means of comedy for us. grin

As far as they get Biafra and leave the southwest in droves.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by totit: 8:57pm On May 28, 2017
Alcatraz005:

As far as they get Biafra and leave the southwest in droves.

SIMPLE grin

Simply put " BrafraudPpleMustLeaveSW cool

grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Alitair(m): 9:19pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
As a proud Yoruba boy,I plead for the use of this name to be banned from Nairaland. It is highly offensive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by najoke: 9:23pm On May 28, 2017
[[s]quote author=VaselineCrewBos post=56964006]As a proud Yoruba boy,I plead for the use of this name to be banned from Nairaland. It is highly offensive.[/quote[/s]
Rubbish… who is this dude… .you aint no Afonja.
I am a proud Afonja]
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:26pm On May 28, 2017
the greatest mistake made here is letting them know
that calling you Afonja is really paining you.

6 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Basic123: 9:45pm On May 28, 2017
West side till we die!

Afonja boy till I die.

On my way to heaven I go still tell the Angels that I be AFONJA.

I prefer Afonja than yoruba self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 28, 2017
Ogonimilitant:
the greatest mistake made here is letting them know
that calling you Afonja is really paining you.
I don't agree nairaland members are mostly respectful.
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Basic123: 9:48pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
You must be brought up in canada.

Do you know the popular comic actor sanyeri?
His name is Afonja Olaniyi.

Igbos are buffon,they don't know that Afonja na beautiful name.

8 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Raintaker(m): 9:59pm On May 28, 2017
Afonja is cool
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 28, 2017
Raintaker:
Afonja is cool
I beg to disagree.

1 Like

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Emycord: 10:03pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
what does it even mean
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by dreamwords: 10:05pm On May 28, 2017
Alcatraz005:

How many yorubas are in your cities? When I went to Enugu for law school, all the Yorubas bandied together because your land felt like North Korea. The people were hostile, the soil was red, the water was hard and the environment generally unconducive. I don't pray to ever step foot in the east again. This truism holds true for 97% of Yorubas. We rather live and die in the land of our forbears.
how many igbos live in ur 5 brown roof states
(Ondo, osun,Ekiti ,ogun,Oyo) any igbo that is living there is mainly for business,
you people hardly invest in your land , the last time i went to oyo to pick up item from a colleague, my afro hair turned red due to mud everywhere

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 28, 2017
Emycord:
what does it even mean
They are indirectly calling Yoruba people cowards based on the historical story of Afonja.

7 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Emycord: 10:17pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
the historical story of Afonja.
the historical story of afonja? Who is afonja? What has the name got with sw guys i dont even get the mix up
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by mastermaestro(m): 10:25pm On May 28, 2017
dragonking2:
It will not stop because seun is using it to make himself rich. Seun allowed Afonja, iPod, flat head and all other names without taking due actions. No the situation is almost irredeemable. I was somewhere and somebody called another guy Afonja. I just shook my head because I know it is nl that has lead to this. So direct your queries to him.

The quest for a united Nigeria is really a wild goose chase. Brainless kids have further squandered the slim chances of such a possibility.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Israeljones(m): 10:43pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
I beg to disagree.
i think you are suffering from a sickness i dont really wanna mention right now..
How is the name afonja derogatory,,, If only the Igbos on this forum knew the true story behind this name they wud av looked for another... i wonder why you creating a sitiation where there is none...
and you can rightly see someone actually pointed out that one of the popular yoruba actor bears the name but you are here trying to prove "Angelic being' which only makes u sound very dull...
Anyday the ipob on this forum stop referring the yorubas as Afonja,,, on that day they meet their nemesis and hit 6fit below...
No yoruba dude on this forum is complaining why shud you.... i wonder if you r trully a yoruba dude...
omo ale jati jati

2 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 28, 2017
totit:

OP is an ipob fool. Don't fall for it

1 Like

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by totit: 10:48pm On May 28, 2017
Bitchmynd44:

Trust me, I know grin

I am way to old on NL not to identified or identiy such nitwit about, with low self esteem,bro. grin

Thanks, anyway grin

Make I go finish my amala and gbegiri jare grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 28, 2017
Bitchmynd44:

FOH brah!

1 Like

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
FOH brah!

I didn't ask you to tell me how you greet your crippled father
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 28, 2017
Israeljones:

i think you are suffering from a sickness i dont really wanna mention right now..
How is the name afonja derogatory,,, If only the Igbos on this forum knew the true story behind this name they wud av looked for another... i wonder why you creating a sitiation where there is none...
and you can rightly see someone actually pointed out that one of the popular yoruba actor bears the name but you are here trying to prove "Angelic being' which only makes u sound very dull...
Anyday the ipob on this forum stop referring the yorubas as Afonja,,, on that day they meet their nemesis and hit 6fit below...
No yoruba dude on this forum is complaining why shud you.... i wonder if you r trully a yoruba dude...
omo ale jati jati
STFU!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by modik(m): 11:57pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:

SMH!

1 Like

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by NIGHTMAREOO7: 12:00am On May 29, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:

Well i dnt like the brawl here...
Blame suen and d mods.
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Mcowubaba: 1:33am On May 29, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I am an Yoruba man and an afonja. I won't let the insolence of this Igbos get to me. We need to engage them constructively to enable them get Biafra and leave our cities. This should be your concern and not whether you are called an afonja.

U need to get this straightened out in your head.
Even if Biafra comes, Igbos will not abandon their properties, work and businesses that are in the South West, it doesn't work that way...

Quit running around all threads talking trash on how you gonna push out Igbos from Southwest, unless you're talking about another War. Then you may have a point, but if you ain't talking war, keep shut!!

If Biafra is actualized legitimately, there will be terms and conditions guiding the agreement, it's a very long walk... We can't start now to speculate what exactly will be on the bargain ground, even Britain that voted to leave EU, haven't finalized their terms and conditions of exit

And I hope you know, EU- citizens (non British citizens) who were already resident in the Britain prior the Exit, are not going to be deported or sacked from work undecided neither is their business going to be closed down.....

Also note, some Yoruba owned companies and even multinational organizations are also in the Southeast..

Stop getting your head messed up Bro.. cheesy
U just been shouting since, all around Nairaland space, on how Igbos are gonna be thrown out of the Southwest, kilode na undecided

Have you considered Nigerian Banks in South East, Nigerian companies, Bottling company, Police stations, Army Barracks, Federal housing Estates, NNPC depots and stations, international Airport in Enugu, various Nigerian agencies/parastatals buildings and offices etc, what about Filling stations belonging to Yoruba people and other tribes undecided, Hospitals, schools, Churches wink, and yes Some Yorubas are resident in the East...

Nigg-ar nobody is pursuing nobody

You just be ranting up and down without control, on your new found love for biafra and how you wanna help them out, so the can live your land grin, for real niggur grin

Quit thinking like a Lil kid, it doesn't work that way...

Igbos probably welcome your support, but don't get it twisted there is NOT gonna be a mass exodus of Igbos from Southwest to East... Real Werey grin

Where do you get this ideas from, and funny enough you have been getting likes and support from saying this thrash, I guess that's why you felt you have been making a valid point grin grin delusion I must say. cheesy..

Once again, I say unless you're talking about Violence, anarchy and Full blown war, then we can start talking about that

FYI, Biafra has never been about Igbos leaving Southwest, that's has never been the idea even in 1966..

Lastly, don't also overrate the importance of the Southwest to the Igbos. And I hope you are aware that Igbos in Lagos or the entire Southwest is not more than 20-30% of the Igbo population

Even, Amongst the states in SW, it's only Lagos that Igbos have a reasonable population, which is due to the Metropolitan and business nature of Lagos.

Lagos is home to all Nigerians, though it's a Yoruba land, no argument about that.

Nigeria was structured in a way that makes Lagos and Abuja to an extent so strategic and will I say necessary or unavoidable........

That's where the functional seaport is, that's were Embassies are located, and VFS offices.
That's where the major international market and airport are, most headquarters are there, even Oil companies in Niger Delta have their headquarters in Lagos angry I don't blame them though.....

There are somethings you can only do/get in Lagos, like Police clearance, at least back then, it was only in Lagos state I could get that, because Nigeria made it so angry...
There are some certain certifications or exams that you can only do in Lagos or Abuja

Don't worry yourself about Igbos returning to South East, once most of the infrastructure and developmental strides starts to take place in the SouthEast, naturally many Igbos will love to come back, and many Igbos who go to Lagos for one job, for Visa matters, import or export may simply do that in any of the Southeastern state..

Worry not Sire, have a blissful evening!

I'm neither a supporter or fan of IPOB/Nnamdi Kanu, just a logical Igbo man

2 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 7:26am On May 29, 2017
OVI75:
Am Niger Deltan,However as Am Observer I Must Say The Situation Is Gone beyond Repair.

Very true. As a Niger Delta, I just sit back and watch these two tribes from the East and West calling themselves names upandan.
Afonja, Igbos, cone heads, every Yoruba man is from osogbo, anybody who has a different opinion from an Ipob supporter is labelled Afonja or Yoruba Muslim and many more.

It's very funny how the display of tribalism is encouraged on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by dragonking2: 8:19am On May 29, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
I beg to disagree.
You can see that my post of yesterday has been hidden for saying the truth. So don't expect the tribalism and name calling to end on NL
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by kanayoNickel: 8:21am On May 29, 2017
Basic123:
You must be brought up in canada.
Do you know the popular comic actor sanyeri? His name is Afonja Olaniyi.

Igbos are buffon,they don't know that Afonja na beautiful name.
Its a beautiful tag. That's why we call you guys that..
Afonja. ..Afonja...Afonja. Such a beautiful adjective.
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by tribalistseun: 8:51am On May 29, 2017
Afonjas full here, I can't be here.

1 Like

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by DocHMD: 8:59am On May 29, 2017
Israeljones:

omo ale jati jati

The thing pain this ewedu muslim Isiaka disguising as 'Isrealjones'.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by onward4life(m): 9:10am On May 29, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:

I wudnt like these Names to spill d streets of naija either.

Proudly BENDEL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Haven't Igbo Businessmen Visited Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra: United Nations To Expel Nigeria From UN Due To Genocide By Army / Gov.ben Ayede Of Cross River State And Wife With His Scorpion Bike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.