Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja (3117 Views)

Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea / Nigerians Reacts To Vietnam’s Plea To Nigerian Govt To Import Rice To Nigeria / Amina Zakara: EU Rejects Pdp's Plea To Influence INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 28, 2017
As a proud Yoruba boy,I plead for the use of this name to be banned from Nairaland. It is highly offensive.

1 Like

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by success1smyn(m): 6:33pm On May 28, 2017
I see nothing wrong with the name

am yoruba and not bothered about it

#proudlyafonja

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by conductor111: 6:35pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
As a proud Yoruba boy,I plead for the use of this name to be banned from Nairaland. It is highly offensive.
No problem, Afonja.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 28, 2017
I am an Yoruba man and an afonja. I won't let the insolence of this Igbos get to me. We need to engage them constructively to enable them get Biafra and leave our cities. This should be your concern and not whether you are called an afonja.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by FagsamPHP(m): 6:37pm On May 28, 2017
I'm yoruba.... We should tell our own people also to stop the IPOB & Igbos stuff..

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 28, 2017
FagsamPHP:
I'm yoruba.... We should tell our own people also to stop the IPOB & Igbos stuff..
I agree,we need to call a truce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by raker300: 6:39pm On May 28, 2017
Lol....

I thought afonja is a yoruba name?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Adiola(f): 6:44pm On May 28, 2017
AFOnjas are born lairs and irredeemable

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by OVI75(m): 6:45pm On May 28, 2017
Am Niger Deltan,However as Am Observer I Must Say The Situation Is Gone beyond Repair.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by conductor111: 6:46pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
Alcatraz005:
I am an Yoruba man and an afonja. I won't let the insolence of this Igbos get to me. We need to engage them constructively to enable them get Biafra and leave our cities. This should be your concern and not whether you are called an afonja.
FagsamPHP:
VaselineCrewBos:

I agree,we need to call a truce.

IPOB causing nightmares in Ogbomosho.

IPOB causing epilepsy in Oshogbo

IPOB causing seizures in Ibadan.

IPOB causing massive suicides in Ikene

This IPOB people are wicked.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by OVI75(m): 6:47pm On May 28, 2017
The traffic It brings Makes it a a healthy One Fr D Forum.

Some Faceless Ppl Whom I Presume Are Of Northern Muslim Extraction Also Derive Pleasure in It.

2 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by ApolitiCal: 6:48pm On May 28, 2017
I trust Igbos, they will not listen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by bukifemi1: 6:50pm On May 28, 2017
It is hard to deal with someone who smiles and pretends to like you to your face and sticks that eight inch blade in your back when you turn around.

That is why..

27 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Agbaletu: 6:50pm On May 28, 2017
raker300:
Lol....

I thought afonja is a yoruba name?
You are very correct. I am a confirmed Afonja.

OP, there is nothing offensive in being called Afonja.
You should also know that the Igbo people here do not mean any harm.

3 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Young03(m): 6:58pm On May 28, 2017
Afonjakites with brain still dey exist oo

9 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by DLondonboiy: 6:59pm On May 28, 2017
AFONJA

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 28, 2017
DLondonboiy:
AFONJA
hahahahahahHahahah

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Cooly100: 7:04pm On May 28, 2017
ApolitiCal:
I trust Igbos, they will not listen

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 28, 2017
Adiola:
Lies!
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by AgberoAfonja: 7:12pm On May 28, 2017
what of my moniker grin

13 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Unimaginable123: 7:23pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
what's offensive about it?
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by iaamxavier(m): 7:25pm On May 28, 2017
Afonja is a yoruba name I know of a girls surname which is AFONJA so there's nothing there really.....

2 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 28, 2017
Unimaginable123:
what's offensive about it?
It is a derogative name used by our adversaries to insult us.

1 Like

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Guestlander: 7:31pm On May 28, 2017
Adiola:

Biafrat spotted

4 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by dreamwords: 7:51pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:
E dey pain u?
i no know o o
grin
in tekno's voice" i no go do it again oo"

4 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by dreamwords: 7:56pm On May 28, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Afonjazy.we will leave ur cities just like u leave our cities when biafra is achieved

12 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by emmalexabl(m): 8:13pm On May 28, 2017
I don't have much to say but this picture will suffice...

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by ashjay001(m): 8:14pm On May 28, 2017
VaselineCrewBos:

U just fall my hand! U hate d name, yet open a thread for Igbos to masturbate all over?!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by lashout1: 8:37pm On May 28, 2017
Alcatraz005:
...queen's predicament.
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by ejanla077: 8:39pm On May 28, 2017
we afonjas skull mine for fun

17 Likes

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 28, 2017
dreamwords:

Afonjazy.we will leave ur cities just like u leave our cities when biafra is achieved

How many yorubas are in your cities? When I went to Enugu for law school, all the Yorubas bandied together because your land felt like North Korea. The people were hostile, the soil was red, the water was hard and the environment generally unconducive. I don't pray to ever step foot in the east again. This truism holds true for 97% of Yorubas. We rather live and die in the land of our forbears.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 28, 2017
lashout1:

...queen's predicament.

Care to explain what you mean? I am very interested.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic: Nigeria To Divert Cargo To Warri, Calabar / What Is Kanu's Fate Now That IPOB Stands Proscribed? / 2019 Presidential Election .: Which States Can Buhari Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.