Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,487 members, 7,865,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:43 AM

Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja (3148 Views)

Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea / Nigerians Reacts To Vietnam’s Plea To Nigerian Govt To Import Rice To Nigeria / Amina Zakara: EU Rejects Pdp's Plea To Influence INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Nobody: 9:22am On May 29, 2017
Mcowubaba:

U need to get this straightened out in your head.
Even if Biafra comes, Igbos will not abandon their properties, work and businesses that are in the South West, it doesn't work that way...

Quit running around all threads talking trash on how you gonna push out Igbos from Southwest, unless you're talking about another War. Then you may have a point, but if you ain't talking war, keep shut!!

If Biafra is actualized legitimately, there will be terms and conditions guiding the agreement, it's a very long walk... We can't start now to speculate what exactly will be on the bargain ground, even Britain that voted to leave EU, haven't finalized their terms and conditions of exit

And I hope you know, EU- citizens (non British citizens) who were already resident in the Britain prior the Exit, are not going to be deported or sacked from work undecided neither is their business going to be closed down.....

Also note, some Yoruba owned companies and even multinational organizations are also in the Southeast..

Stop getting your head messed up Bro.. cheesy
U just been shouting since, all around Nairaland space, on how Igbos are gonna be thrown out of the Southwest, kilode na undecided

Have you considered Nigerian Banks in South East, Nigerian companies, Bottling company, Police stations, Army Barracks, Federal housing Estates, NNPC depots and stations, international Airport in Enugu, various Nigerian agencies/parastatals buildings and offices etc, what about Filling stations belonging to Yoruba people and other tribes undecided, Hospitals, schools, Churches wink, and yes Some Yorubas are resident in the East...

Nigg-ar nobody is pursuing nobody

You just be ranting up and down without control, on your new found love for biafra and how you wanna help them out, so the can live your land grin, for real niggur grin

Quit thinking like a Lil kid, it doesn't work that way...

Igbos probably welcome your support, but don't get it twisted there is NOT gonna be a mass exodus of Igbos from Southwest to East... Real Werey grin

Where do you get this ideas from, and funny enough you have been getting likes and support from saying this thrash, I guess that's why you felt you have been making a valid point grin grin delusion I must say. cheesy..

Once again, I say unless you're talking about Violence, anarchy and Full blown war, then we can start talking about that

FYI, Biafra has never been about Igbos leaving Southwest, that's has never been the idea even in 1966..

Lastly, don't also overrate the importance of the Southwest to the Igbos. And I hope you are aware that Igbos in Lagos or the entire Southwest is not more than 20-30% of the Igbo population

Even, Amongst the states in SW, it's only Lagos that Igbos have a reasonable population, which is due to the Metropolitan and business nature of Lagos.

Lagos is home to all Nigerians, though it's a Yoruba land, no argument about that.

Nigeria was structured in a way that makes Lagos and Abuja to an extent so strategic and will I say necessary or unavoidable........

That's where the functional seaport is, that's were Embassies are located, and VFS offices.
That's where the major international market and airport are, most headquarters are there, even Oil companies in Niger Delta have their headquarters in Lagos angry I don't blame them though.....

There are somethings you can only do/get in Lagos, like Police clearance, at least back then, it was only in Lagos state I could get that, because Nigeria made it so angry...
There are some certain certifications or exams that you can only do in Lagos or Abuja

Don't worry yourself about Igbos returning to South East, once most of the infrastructure and developmental strides starts to take place in the SouthEast, naturally many Igbos will love to come back, and many Igbos who go to Lagos for one job, for Visa matters, import or export may simply do that in any of the Southeastern state..

Worry not Sire, have a blissful evening!

I'm neither a supporter or fan of IPOB/Nnamdi Kanu, just a logical Igbo man

Your lengthy drivel notwithstanding, the Igbos have burnt a lot of bridges with other ethnic groups in Nigeria and all the examples of brexit you cited in your drivel will not apply in the Biafra case because the British never hated and insulted the EU member states when Nigel Farrell and Boris Johnson muted the brexit option. Igbos will find it extremely hard to stay back in the SW when they get their country because the yorubas are not exactly in love with the igbos. We only tolerate them due to the fact that we share the same country and the constitution allows Nigerians to stay wherever they want in Nigeria.

On the issue of Yoruba businesses in the east, I would say that the quantum and volume of Yoruba businesses in the east is very infinitesimal due to low purchasing power of the south east. The Igbos will lose billions and I am sure the Hausas and Yorubas will be only too glad to make sure that Igbos pay for all the hate and bile that has characterized the agitation. We would make sure that our visa requirements are and remain stringent for Igbos specifically due to the damage they have done to this country. You must be a simpleton to believe the UN will come to your aid to enforce their laws that will ensure residency for enemy aliens in Nigeria.

It is better for any sensible Igbo man to start divesting from Nigeria now when they can because I see the actualisation of Biafra or a restructuring happening soon and the Hausa would be quite hurt. The fact that they don't engage e-wars doesn't mean they don't see all the insults being hurled at the President and the Hausa tribe as a whole. The whole agitation has clearly not been managed well and has only succeeded in earning the igbo tribe more enemies. The country can never be the same and no reasonable Nigerian will vote for an Igbo President with all these insults which will further fuel calls for Biafra by the Igbos. Kindly stop deceiving yourself that Nigerians will treat Igbos well after biafra. This is a unrealistic and utopian dream your lengthy speech irregardless.
Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Israeljones(m): 9:23am On May 29, 2017
DocHMD:

The thing pain this ewedu muslim Isiaka disguising as 'Isrealjones'.

grin grin

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Mcowubaba: 10:24am On May 29, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Your lengthy drivel notwithstanding, the Igbos have burnt a lot of bridges with other ethnic groups in Nigeria and all the examples of brexit you cited in your drivel will not apply in the Biafra case because the British never hated and insulted the EU member states when Nigel Farrell and Boris Johnson muted the brexit option. Igbos will find it extremely hard to stay back in the SW when they get their country because the yorubas are not exactly in love with the igbos. We only tolerate them due to the fact that we share the same country and the constitution allows Nigerians to stay wherever they want in Nigeria.

On the issue of Yoruba businesses in the east, I would say that the quantum and volume of Yoruba businesses in the east is very infinitesimal due to low purchasing power of the south east. The Igbos will lose billions and I am sure the Hausas and Yorubas will be only too glad to make sure that Igbos pay for all the hate and bile that has characterized the agitation. We would make sure that our visa requirements are and remain stringent for Igbos specifically due to the damage they have done to this country. You must be a simpleton to believe the UN will come to your aid to enforce their laws that will ensure residency for enemy aliens in Nigeria.

It is better for any sensible Igbo man to start divesting from Nigeria now when they can because I see the actualisation of Biafra or a restructuring happening soon and the Hausa would be quite hurt. The fact that they don't engage e-wars doesn't mean they don't see all the insults being hurled at the President and the Hausa tribe as a whole. The whole agitation has clearly not been managed well and has only succeeded in earning the igbo tribe more enemies. The country can never be the same and no reasonable Nigerian will vote for an Igbo President with all these insults which will further fuel calls for Biafra by the Igbos. Kindly stop deceiving yourself that Nigerians will treat Igbos well after biafra. This is a unrealistic and utopian dream your lengthy speech irregardless.

You are wired to be defensive and make unsubstantiated statements.
Where did I ever say Igbos should or will b treated nicely by Yorubas, who your niceness help grin
Where did I also mention UN in my write up, Oga you're just ranting up and down, making unfounded statements.
Putting words into my mouth and adding your own opinion to my summation, are you okay?
I never mentioned Nice or UN..

I HATE hypocrites, just for your information I don't even support IPOB, but I'm no Hypocrite
See you talking about insults being hurled on Northerners and Yoruba people, I guess you guys have been very friendly and non abusive to Igbos.

Even when Oba Lil Wayne told people to throw Igbos into the Lagoon,
All the insults that was hurled on Igbos and Goodluck Jonathan during his tenure...
All the massive Insults thrown on Igbos here and other social media,
All the Igbos that have been killed in the North

Hardly a day goes by without a Thread being created on Nairaland to scorn and spite the Igbos..
You can only keep deceiving yourself.

I guess Igbos are only the ones that do the hating, you hypocrite, Yorubas have been so loving and caring to Igbos undecided

You talking about Igbos having low purchasing power grin, this man self......
I guess Igbos are the poorest in Nigeria. Whatever makes you sleep well at night.....

All this rubbish is just because of the strategic aspect of Lagos, how many Igbos are in other Yoruba states?? Tell me??
Quit feeling narcissistic or too relevant.
Southwest Southwest as if Igbos go there to pick up money from the Ground angry

Everybody (almost every Tribe) is in Lagos, and I have given you reasons why it is so, which you deliberately failed to address, you bloody double faced hypocrite

For you feeble mind, all Igbo businesses in Lagos survive solely because of the patronage or in your words "Purchasing power" of the Yoruba ethnic group grin grin
Na Yoruba people dey give Igbos money to survive grin
Tell your Tribesmen to extend their love for Igbo and their Puchasing power grin grin to their poor agbero and omo onile brothers
A career in comedy will surely suit you.

Once the issues I addressed are implemented in the East, nobody is really interested in your Lagos...

I repeat you can't do anything, nothing, absolutely nothing..

Igbos will remain in Lagos for as long as the want and the will conduct their businesses.. You can only keep ranting on various social media...

See who is talking about stringent Visa requirements, your delusion is epic.... Hahahaha

Once again, only War or a violent separation can lead to Mass exodus of Igbos from other parts of Nigeria, as far as it is done legitimately, everything will go through a discussion and agreement.....

Probably Nigeria may even visa free to Biafrans cheesy cheesy wink
After all Biafra will mostly likely be a member ECOWAS and free movement applies, grin, you can only cry about it ONLINE and get likes grin, because you won't even be anywhere near the physical discussion of Referendum agreements..

Once Biafra is achieved LEGITIMATELY, your hate and opinion does not count... Except online, just for likes by your fellow ilks, hahahaha

Nobody is asking for your Love either, I don't need it,Igbos don't need it, who your love and kindness help cheesy
We resemble motherless babies undecided

You also deliberately failed to talk about dozens of Nigerian Companies, pararstatals and businesses in the Southeast, I guess the are not also significant due to low purchasing power of Igbos grin grin grin grin grin grin
You think Nigeria will just leave all their companies and establishments for the East..

Oga, there must be an agreement, that will favor both parties, no matter the level of hate or anger..

And I'm not amongst those lumping Niger delta to Biafra, I even recently created a thread to that effect.

But one thing I'm sure is that once Igbos successfully leaves Nigeria, many other ethnic groups will follow suit, Ibibio, urhobo etc will most likely form their own Nation.
Nigeria will divide into more than 12 countries, if Yoruba people wants to keep staying with the Hausa and Fulani, under Nigeria, that's your freaking business.

I can't see Ijaws, Ikwerre, Oron, Ibibio etc staying with Nigeria, don't get it twisted, I never said the will Join the Biafrans, you know you have a penchant for lying and saying things, I didn't say....
Greater worries looms for Nigeria, when the Niger Deltans start to leave with their Oil..
(Remember 3 out 5 Igbo states are also Oil producing states, and are part of NDDC) wink

What applies in every referendum will apply In Nigeria, after an exit, the next thing is talks and agreement on how to move ahead, Nigeria or IPOB don't need the UN, UK or any other body for that.... This must be done.
Unless the succession ain't PEACEFUL..

In an event of war, then we can start talking about the spoils of war and benefits, get that into your very thick skull...
YOU HAVE REFUSED TO LEARN

Who gives a fuvck about who is hurt or sad, bilateral agreement or Referendum are not friendly affairs.

The are political affairs, hate and anger of Yorubas and Hausa don't have any role to play in such agreements.
No Igbo man is asking for your love, kindness or support, let me sound it clearly once again WE DON'T NEED YOUR LOVE, KEEP IT FOR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS

Igbos have done damage to the Country, Hahahahahahaha, clown, I guess Hausas and Yorubas have just been uplifting the Country continously since the creation grin grin

It was after a Yoruba man tried to bomb a Plane going to USA, that Nigeria was added to the Global terrorism watch, which was compounded after 2 Yoruba men executed a British Officer in London.

Even the lovely Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen that are amongst the top 5 Terror groups in the world are Igbo people.

Which people have been ruling Nigeria since Independence, no be Fulani/Hausas and Yoruba, can't you see how the turned Nigeria into a cesspool grin

Obasanjos 8 years was a total waste, a Yoruba man.
What did he do? Don't get it twisted I don't support the Theif called Goodluck Jonathan, but the heavens knows that he was a better president when compared to Obasanjo or this current spoilt vegetable called Buhari

You will say Igbos have been pushing drugs abroad grin, for every Igbo caught pushing drugs, Yorubas have also been caught doing human rituals, Yahoo Yahoo/internet scam, terrorism and even the so called pushing Drugs..

Keep living in Delusion

1 Like

Re: Plea To Stop The Use Of The Name Afonja by Basic123: 10:44am On May 29, 2017
kanayoNickel:

Its a beautiful tag. That's why we call you guys that..

Afonja. ..Afonja...Afonja. Such a beautiful adjective.
Yes ooo.A proud one is answering the flatinoo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Seals Uloma Nwosu's Schools, East High Academy And East High College / Exclusion Of The Igbo People From The 22billion Loan; Height Of Wickedness / Oba Of Lagos Charges The ‘gods’ On Looters Of The King’s Staff (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.