Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call (777 Views)

Wike Begs Akpabio To Shelve Plans To Move 15 Senators Out Of PDP / Police Ask Kwankwaso To Shelve Kano Visit / Igbo Must Produce President In 2019 To Pacify Biafra Agitators – Ohanaeze Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by Nature83(m): 6:47pm On May 28, 2017
Ekweremadu, Umahi ask Biafra agitators to shelve sit-at-home call

The Deputy President of the Senate, Chief Ike Ekweremadu and Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Umahi, have again  appealed to Biafra agitators  calling for a sit-at-home compliance  on Tuesday  to allow people to go about  their normal business.

Ekweremadu  and Umahi made the appeal during an Interdenominational church service organized  by the Ebonyi State Government to mark this year’s Democracy Day in Abakaliki.  

They  noted that bad approach to genuine struggle was not good, encouraged the Igbo  to work in unity in order to achieve their aim irrespective of how long it takes.

Ekweremadu said, "On the issue of IPOB and stay at home order, I just have one advice. You cannot have two governments in a state. If anybody says you should stay at home, if you are a trader you can choose to stay at home or go out. But if you are a civil or public servant ,you are under obligation to go to work.

" I addressed the World Igbo Congress in Enugu and I told them that we all condemn the marginalisation of our people. We can never support it and we will continue to fight against it wherever we find ourselves. It is our life but  I advise that no one or group should   engage in any arm struggle no matter the level of provocation. The  idea of trying to force people to do your will, I don't think it's right.

"Those who want to stay at home should please stay at home but those who want to work should be allowed to go out.  I believe that if we have a struggle which I believe we have, it may take us a long time to get there but surely, no matter how long the darkness is, the day will eventually break."

A statement the governor's Chief Press Secretary, Emma Anya, quoted the Senate Deputy President as  commending  Umahi for his infrastructural development and the mature way he has piloted the affairs of Ebonyi State, adding that the state has changed for good.

In his remarks,    Governor Umahi said  he had  directed that markets should be opened  on Tuesday and that  residents should   feel free  to go about their lawful business

He condemned the idea of asking people to stay at home and advised  IPOB members to embrace dialogue rather than pursuing their genuine struggle the wrong way.

Umahi maintained that the leaders of South-East were handling the concerns of IPOB, assuring  that   efforts  to solve the problem would soon materialize.

" Let me say it;  I  have  all the lists of their agitations and most of what they are saying are correct but the way they are saying it may not be correct.  I met with the market people yesterday (Friday) and I said our market will remain open on 30th of May.

"The governors of South-East are not noise makers behind the scene, we are tackling our problem with National Assembly members and our other leaders and I'm very sure that the modest effort we are making is fast yielding result. We  believe that we can win this war not through violence but through persuasion and dialogue and understanding."

The governor appreciated the  state executive  members, the  legislators  and   the Judiciary for their commitment  to  service delivery.

In  his  sermon, the Special Assistant to the Governor on Religion and Welfare Matters and the Chairman Christian Association of Nigeria, Ebonyi State Chapter, Very Rev. Fr. Abraham Nwali, eulogized the governor for his achievements within two years in office.

Dignitaries who attended the church service include  former Governor of the state, Senator Sam Egwu;   Senator Obinna Ogba; Chief Judge Aloy Nwankwo and heads of security agencies in the state.

Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by conductor111: 6:50pm On May 28, 2017
Before the ewedu moozlems masturbate on this topic, note that these people are elected politicians of Nigeria. You don't expect Ekweremadu to support Biafra openly.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 28, 2017
Ekweremadu said, "On the issue of IPOB and stay at home order, I just have one advice. You cannot have two governments in a state. If anybody says you should stay at home, if you are a trader you can choose to stay at home or go out. But if you are a civil or public servant ,you are under obligation to go to work

Traders make up 70% of working class in Igbo land so i see this sit at home bing a Success

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by lukma227(m): 6:50pm On May 28, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by ladyF(f): 6:52pm On May 28, 2017
Interesting...
Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 28, 2017
Ekweremadu said, "On the issue of IPOB and stay at home order, I just have one advice. You cannot have two governments in a state. If anybody says you should stay at home, if you are a trader you can choose to stay at home or go out. But if you are a civil or public servant ,you are under obligation to go to work

Traders make up 70% of working class in Igbo land so i see this sit at home bing a Success.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 28, 2017
Are the Igbos ready and united to push forward the Biafra agenda? If there is referendum today,will majority of the Igbos vote to secede from Nigeria? What will be the implication to Biafra kingdom and Nigeria if the Ibos secede from Nigeria? Will the Ijaws Itsekiris, Binis, Ikwerre and other tribes in the Niger delta agree to go with Biafra? Will Biafra be able to withstand the Federal troop should it degenerated into civil war? Will the international community readily accept Biafra..?
These are food for thought!
Though it is a fact that the Igbos are being marginalised, but should secession be the only solution? Why can't we go for genuine restructuring of Nigeria and reconciliation? Why can't we have an Igbo man or woman as president of Nigeria come 2019? I don't have answers to these questions but one thing is clear.......May 30th 2017 will determine if the Igbos are united and serious about Biafra!
Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by DLondonboiy: 7:03pm On May 28, 2017
Is Ekweremadu an authority? Can he tell Biafrans what to do? The answer is NO.

30th go sweet.

BIAFRA is my revolution.
Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by DLondonboiy: 7:03pm On May 28, 2017
factsandfigures:
Are the Igbos ready and united to push forward the Biafra agenda?

YES.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by Trut(m): 7:04pm On May 28, 2017
Don't expect SE National Assembly members and Governors who benefit from Nigeria to support Biafra, it we who feel harsh impact of this zoo that support Biafra agitation.
Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:09pm On May 28, 2017
In his remarks, Governor Umahi said he had directed that markets should be opened on Tuesday and that residents should feel free to go about their lawful business

With Umahi as the Governor of Ebonyi State, the sit at home in Ebonyi would be a big flop!
Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by conductor111: 7:09pm On May 28, 2017
Hehe
Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by Flatties: 7:30pm On May 28, 2017
grin
Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by carzola(m): 7:31pm On May 28, 2017
Why are they making this sit
At home thing a big deal..

Aside selling in shops what
Other thing does biafrans
Hv to offer... If they sit at
Him their business will
Suffer hunger will humble
Them.. Nigeria is bigger than
Biafra.
Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by waledeji(m): 7:35pm On May 28, 2017
conductor111:
Before the ewedu moozlems masturbate on this topic, note that these people are elected politicians of Nigeria. You don't expect Ekweremadu to support Biafra openly.
Bloody hypocrites, I when osibanjo said the same thing you ediots were insulting him upandan, he is not an elected politician like him? Bunch of foools
Re: Ekweremadu, Umahi Ask Biafra Agitators To Shelve Sit-at-home Call by Agumbaa: 8:36pm On May 28, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

With Umahi as the Governor of Ebonyi State, the sit at home in Ebonyi would be a big flop!

Umahi will go and trade it alone, with his wife and children buying and selling to themselves alone.

(1) (Reply)

Northern Youths Ultimatum: Come In Here My Igbo Brothers / Falana Reveals Person Behind Igbos Quit Notice Lives In Lagos / Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Kill Obasanjo And Anyone From His Lineage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.