Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files (17874 Views)

Blossom Chukwujekwu's Wife Reacts To Romantic Pic Of Him On Set With Mercy Aigbe / Mercy Aigbe Celebrates One Year Of Marriage Crash / ''Bad Wife Kills Faster Than Poverty" - Lanre Gentry, Mercy Aigbe’s Ex-Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by Evablizin(f): 6:51am On May 29, 2017
What, dis early morning
Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by TINALETC3(f): 6:52am On May 29, 2017
A frnd if mine got preg 4 her bf, bt unfortunately, d guy refused to marry her, he agreed to take care of her til she delivers, u no women na, she gradually pressed her way in2 living wt d guy, thinking dat mayb, he wl change his mind and marry her, she is 7 months gone, I visited her yesterday, mere luking at her, she is seriously suffering, I met her eating biscuit which she soaked in water as lunch, dis morning, she culd me and toad me dat d guy almost strangled her 2 death and told her 2 leav his house, she seeks advice 4rm me on Wat 2 do, unfortunately I hv none, which body is responsible 4 such case pls
Pavore9:

I never implied she deserves any abuse from the man, I responded to the part where you posted "She sha wants the man in kuje prison".

No human has the right to inflict injury on another except in a situation one has to self defense. If a man feels he has a right to beat the wife when they have issues, does the woman have the right to add "something" to his food since she has advantage in that regard?
Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by holluphemydavid(m): 6:52am On May 29, 2017
Dis is a real definition of a scape goat..

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by policy12: 6:53am On May 29, 2017
nwamehn:

Exactly my thought. If it's about the beating, why did she have to wait till now to press charges?

Na wa...

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by Kondomatic(m): 6:54am On May 29, 2017
ignis:
Any man that lays his dirty hand on a lady is a coward.
A very idiotic comment.

Don't give a man a reason to hit you, your life is precious. You can call him a coward hundred times a day but you're the one with a broken skull.

4 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by ignis: 6:59am On May 29, 2017
Kondomatic:
A very idiotic comment.

Don't give a man a reason to hit you, your life is precious. You can call him a coward hundred times a day but you're the one with a broken skull.
Are you supporting women assault? Why hit a woman? I repeat, no reasonable man beat his woman.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by Nobody: 7:03am On May 29, 2017
I detest laying hands on a woman.

Nonetheless, I choose to see it from another angle.
Every body is crucifying the man FOR NOT CONTROLLING HIS TEMPER even when the Slay Queen she has as a wife did whatever she did, silent but painful things...

Nobody might ever understand what really happened because women are naturally emotional and knows how to garner pity from the society.

Moral Lesson: MARRY FOR THE RIGHT REASONS!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by imitor4us(m): 7:04am On May 29, 2017
this guy should be jailed for life. He should have invited Holifield* or AJ to fight with not a woman.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by Siscooh: 7:06am On May 29, 2017
Hope she is innocent. If she truly committed adultery. God is bigger than the state

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by Kondomatic(m): 7:08am On May 29, 2017
ignis:

Are you supporting women assault? Why hit a woman? I repeat, no reasonable man beat his woman.
Because women are incapable of starting a fight? No reasonable man hits a woman, I agree(temporarily) but on your free time ask an aged person(preferably a woman) in your hood how reasonable women treat men and come back to tell me if a sane man will have cause to lift his hand on such woman.

I don't support assault on anybody, you women are indirectly singling out men folks for attack.

No man hits "a defenseless" person. Attack me like a man and I will forget that you have breasts and beat you senseless. No gentleman in the grave.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by wristbangle: 7:10am On May 29, 2017
Not in support of what her husband did to her but she is taking it too far.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by Nobody: 7:16am On May 29, 2017
in sane climes ,assault ,be it on your spouse is an offence,I dont even see why any one in their right senses will support the man,oh I forgot most people grew up seeing dad hit mum or neighbour or uncle hit their wives ,and she took it so they grew up thinking it was OK, #talesofadysfuctionalhome

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by Pavore9: 7:24am On May 29, 2017
TINALETC3:
A frnd if mine got preg 4 her bf, bt unfortunately, d guy refused to marry her, he agreed to take care of her til she delivers, u no women na, she gradually pressed her way in2 living wt d guy, thinking dat mayb, he wl change his mind and marry her, she is 7 months gone, I visited her yesterday, mere luking at her, she is seriously suffering, I met her eating biscuit which she soaked in water as lunch, dis morning, she culd me and toad me dat d guy almost strangled her 2 death and told her 2 leav his house, she seeks advice 4rm me on Wat 2 do, unfortunately I hv none, which body is responsible 4 such case pls

I will never advocate for marriage, just because the lady involved is pregnant because it breeds the feelings of entrapment which triggers resentment.

She should go back to her family and don't continue to force herself on the guy. Should the guy finally kill her, won't her family be involved? Won't they be the ones to bury her?

Let her go back home, for her mental well-being and have the child in a safe environment.

Her family should engage the guy's family on the issue of care.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by TINALETC3(f): 7:25am On May 29, 2017
Aiit, tnx
Pavore9:

I will never advocate for marriage, just because the lady involved is pregnant because it breeds the feelings of entrapment which triggers resentment.

She should go back to her family and don't continue to force herself on the guy. Should the guy finally kill her, won't her family be involved? Won't they be the ones to bury her?

Let her go back home, for her mental well-being and have the child in a safe environment.

Her family should engage the guy's family on the issue of care.
Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by Airforce1(m): 7:28am On May 29, 2017
She's taking it too far
Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by phineas: 7:29am On May 29, 2017
I commend the Lagos state minstry of women affairs and the lagos state policy for their handling of violence against women.

They are fast becoming the LAPD of nigeria.

God bless lagos state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by Origin(f): 7:30am On May 29, 2017
Everytime a man beats his wife, they call a meeting where they resolve and tell the wife "oya kneel and beg your husband".
End result , the wife suffers in silence "think of your kids" and the man keeps at it.

But the day the lady takes a stand the husband's family will arise and that wife will become the devil. Remember her video posted where family members said is it small family matter that she is calling police for.

There is a certain level of beating you will receive that you will know this man or woman is capable of murder. And you can never ever imagine having any sort of relationship with them. (see blood!!!!!)

Let any man /woman who assaults others face the consequences. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO STOP VIOLENCE.

I just hope the Lagos State government handles all cases with the same dedication. Because children who grow up in this environment take it as a norm and see nothing wrong in assaulting others (especially when their mothers stay after every beating)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by sainty2k3(m): 7:33am On May 29, 2017
If a man report to state that he was assaulted by his wife they will all laugh at him ,call him names but if a woman is the one reporting all energy are made ready to fight for her. Is that not gender inequality

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by elmisti(m): 7:39am On May 29, 2017
ignis:

Madame. Careful how u jump into conclusions on matters u knw little abt so u dnt break a leg. Have u even tried to imagine if what went down was a fight nd d guy probably got some teeth nd nail scratch too Buh he ofcourse Ddnt take pix to post on IG or go to UK for a check up. And actually d court dnt bloody care. You guys enjoy ur feminist thing and d new world. That's why we demoted u from wives to baby mammas.
Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by Pavore9: 7:40am On May 29, 2017
sainty2k3:
If a man report to state that he was assaulted by his wife they will all laugh at him ,call him names but if a woman is the one reporting all energy are made ready to fight for her. Is that not gender inequality

By our socialization, how many men will be bold enough to go report such? The mockery from his family and peers is enough deterrent! angry
Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by TSOM(m): 7:42am On May 29, 2017
ignis:
Any man that lays his dirty hand on a lady is a coward.
I agree, he should be punished.

Any woman who ceasely provokes a man deserves to be single with only cats for company.
Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by sainty2k3(m): 7:45am On May 29, 2017
Pavore9:

By our socialization, how many men will be bold enough to go report such? The mockery from his family and peers is enough deterrent! angry

Yes, but the same society will blame him if he fight back abi
Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by babyfaceafrica: 7:46am On May 29, 2017
Hyprocrisy,so because it is Mercy ,see noise all over the town..rabbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by Pavore9: 7:48am On May 29, 2017
sainty2k3:

Yes, but the same society will blame him if he fight back abi

Rather than fight back in the manner that the law will blame him, he is better off for his mental well-being to separate from that source of frustration.
Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by clefstone(m): 7:49am On May 29, 2017
Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by elmisti(m): 7:50am On May 29, 2017
sainty2k3:

Bro. I fear Dem. One babe abt two years ago decided to teach his fuckmate some lessons so she and her sister cried to a police station nd say she was molested. Immdtly punch news took it up. Case was moved to CID. baba was on his way to panti if nt dat d girl later spoke d truth
Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by kindredspirit(m): 7:52am On May 29, 2017
nwamehn:

Exactly my thought. If it's about the beating, why did she have to wait till now to press charges?

Bro, there are two types of cases : Criminal and Civil.

Judging by the severity of the injury suffered by Mercy Aigbe, with proof, the case is being treated as a Criminal case.

In a Criminal case, the complainant dosent have to press charges. When it gets to the Police station, it's not in the hands of the complainant anymore. As it is right now, it is not Mercy Aigbe vs Lanre Gentry, but the Lagos State government vs Lanre Gentry. The state effectively takes over prosecution. In fact, Mercy Aigbe CAN NOT even withdraw the case even if she wants to. She has ABSOLUTELY no hand in Lanre Gentry's prosecution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by delishpot: 7:53am On May 29, 2017
nwamehn:

How soon should she have waited? Don't you know the influence Nigerian society esp family, friends And religious bodies have in domestic abuse. The first time it happens they say maybe you did not park well, go and build your home. where do you want to go to? Do you think others out there are better? Think about what Christ would have done, think about the kids etc., they encourage you to forgive and forget. If you say NO, they say you were not even ready for the marriage, you are a bad husband/wife etc. You keep enduring until the last straw and then you are so angry you want to get justice for every time you were used or abused. Some can overlook and move on with their lives, while some want justice. Just as some overlook the cases where doctors kill their loved ones, burry them and move on. Whereas some want justice served and there want it served hot. I will not judge anyone for their approach to situation, it's them that were abused, As long as the pursue it legally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files by victorazy(m): 7:58am On May 29, 2017
kingDavidda1st:
You were enjoying it when you were treating her as your punching bag, hopefully you should enjoy it too now that its her turn too. Nothing manly in beating a woman.

In as much I don't support or can never beat my wife no matter what, but women need beating to correct a part in their brains and iv heard a guy that did it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Madinma Shines In Amazing Photos / Checkout Beautiful Portraits Of Tonto Dikeh; The Yommiest Celebrity Mum / Stunning Make-up Face Of Chikezie Ijeoma, Ex Miss United Nations World Habitat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.