Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. (2688 Views)

Kogi Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results, Reports And Live Monitoring / Osun Governorship Rerun Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by Nobody: 8:26am On May 29, 2017
May 30th is a remarkable day in the lives of every Biafran. It was the day the then governor of the Eastern region, lieutenant colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu declared the eastern part of the country as a sovereign state in 1967 .

In his words, lt. Col. Ojukwu said and I quote : " the territory and region known as and called Eastern Nigeria together with her continental shelf and territorial waters shall henceforth be an independent sovereign state of the name and title of Republic of Biafra".

This was followed by a civil war, which lasted for 3 years, 1967- 1970, and cost 3.5 million lives in both ends and the destruction of properties worth 7 trillion Naira.

Since January, 1970, many sons and daughters of Eastern Nigeria have tried to re - actualize the Republic of Biafra. Notable among then is Chief Ralph Uwazurike through Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and lately, Mr. Nnamdi Kalu through Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

The aim of this thread is to monitor the rate of compliance of the sit at home being observed by Biafrans in Eastern Nigeria in particular and the rest of the world in general on the 30 of may 2017.

Nairalanders in Benue, Enugu, Ebonyi, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Igweocha, Bayelsa, Akwaibom, Cross River, Delta and Southern Cameroon should monitor the sit at home as it progress, take pictures and update the rest of the world from tomorrow morning.

7 Likes

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by midehi2(f): 8:30am On May 29, 2017
na waooo
Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by mirabel001(f): 8:35am On May 29, 2017
one day God wil giv us biafra

20 Likes

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by ragiluhivo(m): 8:37am On May 29, 2017
Seconded!!
Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by whitebeard(m): 8:37am On May 29, 2017
only the jobless ones would sit at home..those that have work will go to work..simple stuff..!!

1 Like

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by ESDKING: 8:39am On May 29, 2017
I hope everbody will comply. But anybody who thinks he's smart by disrespecting those that died during the war by going out that day should be seen as a lunatic because, only a lunatic can buy and sell to himself, taking to himself and moving from one street to another all alone because normal human beings wl b in their diff houses doing the needful.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by abouzaid: 8:42am On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:
only the jobless ones would sit at home..those that have work will go to work..simple stuff..!!
after the Hausa vs Yoruba clash at ife,only yorubas were arrested including an oba,they're still unjustly detained till today plus many other problems affecting the yorubas but you hardly see them agitate or discuss their problems rather they would be moving from one igbo thread to another spewing hatred over what is not their concern. a famous sage said that "an unexamined life is not worth living"

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by Nobody: 8:44am On May 29, 2017
Happy democracy day.
Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by nigerdeltaaa: 8:47am On May 29, 2017
As the director of an elementary school and as a good citizen of Biafra, i have ordered my the Proprietress to declare tomorrow a public holiday in honor of our fallen heros and heroines

13 Likes

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by Bugatie(m): 8:48am On May 29, 2017
I believe the sit at home order is for only self employed persons as I'll advice everyone that does paid employment to just find his or her way to work and see how things turn out to avoid stories that touch.

Happy Democracy day Nigeria
Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by Repairnigeria(m): 8:50am On May 29, 2017
nawa ooo
Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by Bugatie(m): 8:50am On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:
so u think breaking away from Nigeria is what we should do..lol..we know Hausa people are tribally muderers, stubborn, foolish, gullible, set of people, who carry out this practice under religion. we can't stoop so low to their level and start exchanging words with them, that's absurd.

but we have hope in our generation, he he he, we can do it, we would force them to school, we would force them to be submissive, we would teach them to be wise. it might look like I'm joking but I can assure u I am not joking, when the time is right u would understand..!

You need to start already

11 Likes

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by whitebeard(m): 8:54am On May 29, 2017
Bugatie:

still young, no power yet..!
Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by Nobody: 8:54am On May 29, 2017
in no time..

i will eco freedom!! and look at the faces of traitors.. their pain will be my joy.

freedom is coming tomorrow. nothing say nothing can stop it.

the voice of the people..the voice of God.

not even all the nairaland mods including seun..and his rules.

how i wish to see dia faces on that joyous day.

the sun is rising.. who else can feel it?

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by BLACKCHARGER(m): 8:55am On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:

Don't u mean self-employed would stay at home tongue
Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by fulanimafia: 8:55am On May 29, 2017
Bugatie:

Maybe the dreamer is waiting for Trump to break his Ramadan fast before taking action.

Jokers everywhere grin

1 Like

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by BLACKCHARGER(m): 8:57am On May 29, 2017
abouzaid:
after the Hausa vs Yoruba clash at ife,only yorubas were arrested including an oba,they're still unjustly detained till today plus many other problems affecting the yorubas but you hardly see them agitate or discuss their problems rather they would be moving from one igbo thread to another spewing hatred over what is not their concern. a famous sage said that "an unexamined life is not worth living"

Yes oh... Dat last line philosophy tho
When they told him to stop practicing philosophy or die..
He said he rather die for an unexamined life is not worth living... Lol.. I don't remember his name tho
Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by abouzaid: 8:58am On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:
so u think breaking away from Nigeria is what we should do..lol..we know Hausa people are tribally muderers, stubborn, foolish, gullible, set of people, who carry out this practice under religion. we can't stoop so low to their level and start exchanging words with them, that's absurd.

but we have hope in our generation, he he he, we can do it, we would force them to school, we would force them to be submissive, we would teach them to be wise. it might look like I'm joking but I can assure u I am not joking, when the time is right u would understand..!
you have the right to do that just as we have the right to our secession, stop infiltrating our threads to attack us,your leaders like obasanjo and osibanjo are organizing Biafra@50 talks while keeping quiet over matters more pertinent to your people, do you realise that tinubu,obasanjo,osinbajo,fasholq,fayemi etc haven't been actively clamouring for restructuring? they're too selfish and afraid of the north to do so.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by puritygen: 9:03am On May 29, 2017
First in History a purpular market in mbaise "Nkwo Mbaise" that normally functions on Nkwo days will not function tomorrow

#Biafra is here to stay

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by feelgoodInc: 9:05am On May 29, 2017
If a people are not happy with the way things are run in this country then they deserve to air out their grievances, this sit at home just shows that they have been discriminated against, and are not able to partake *fully* in the activities of the government. This sit at home just shows that there's no job for the aggrieved to do and that the so called "aggrieved persons" has the ability to not work or go to work as he so chooses, because he hasn't been given a fair amount of work and opportunity like any other person in the affairs of the country. so by tomorrow a people decide to sit at home, they aren't protesting so that the security officials won't find excuse to shoot, but they'll be protesting in other countries. If you think it's going to affect the SE or SS only, you're delusional, it cuts across every state, wheresoever you find that particular people. North, South, East, West.
But one thing is certain, tomorrow just shows that maybe this democracy day needs to be discussed in terms of the real democracy where a people can find their self worth and not get shot at in a government of,for and by the people. where there will be no corruption, no ethnic bias, where little children will be given admission based on merits not by quotas, where money can truly be equal to a dollar, yes and that can be achieved and that can only be achieved in a state called "BIAFRA"

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by Iceberg3: 9:09am On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:

owoda owoda joor grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by Iceberg3: 9:25am On May 29, 2017
fulanimafia:

Maybe the dreamer is waiting for Trump to break his Ramadan fast before taking action.

Jokers everywhere grin
see how u are making mess,mockery,joke of ramadan! If it were an 'infidel',na kano riot straight! Pity

1 Like

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by doublewisdom: 9:45am On May 29, 2017
I no kukuma like work, so I go stay house to support my Biafran people. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by whitebeard(m): 10:03am On May 29, 2017
BLACKCHARGER:

Don't u mean self-employed would stay at home tongue
it will shock u when even the self employed who need that money will work from home
Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by dlondonbadboy: 10:20am On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:

K

1 Like

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by BrutalJab: 10:36am On May 29, 2017
Some Afonjas go turn Monitoring Lizard soon

5 Likes

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by obinnafred(m): 10:49am On May 29, 2017
I'm not going anywhere tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by skyman200(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2017
everyone is sitting at home my side tommorrow

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by LazyYorubas: 11:16am On May 29, 2017
Biafrans

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Sit At Home Monitoring Thread. by Ofunaofu: 11:20am On May 29, 2017
Free Biafra!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

British Soldier Complains Of Difficulty Defeating Igbos In 1909 / Who Else Is Waiting 2 Read Abt D Conspiracy Behind Kanu's Disappearance? / Buba Galadima With Adams Oshiomhole & Wife At A Dinner Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.