Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,367 members, 7,843,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness (19444 Views)

5 Ways To Avoid Razor Bumps / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by ShawttySoFyne(f): 8:44pm On May 31, 2017
Alphamale2017:
ya what i dont get is whats wrong with the voice?

No.the numb aint on it
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Alphamale2017(m): 8:53pm On May 31, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
ya what i dont get is whats wrong with the voice?

No.the numb aint on it

naah I won't tell. I don't want u to go to bed with a smile dancing on ur face . lol
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by ShawttySoFyne(f): 8:59pm On May 31, 2017
Alphamale2017:

naah I won't tell. I don't want u to go to bed with a smile dancing on ur face . lol
Lol imagine
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Alphamale2017(m): 9:03pm On May 31, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
Lol imagine

I av gat spot of things to say concerning it sha. but if I start to talk , dey go break . can u message me ur whatsapp number if u don't mind

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by ShawttySoFyne(f): 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
Alphamale2017:

I av gat spot of things to say concerning it sha. but if I start to talk , dey go break . can u message me ur whatsapp number if u don't mind
Sup?
still wanna buy?
someone js inboxed me for it
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Alphamale2017(m): 11:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
Sup?
still wanna buy?
someone js inboxed me for it
I first take with him and see what's he is going to say. I am not the position where I can pay u. I am yet to collect the ATM I applied for. just chat with him sha and see how it goes
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by dexoubie(m): 1:48am On Jun 04, 2017
Opinionated:
Mental toughness takes many forms, some of which include resilience against attack, calmness in the face of uncertainty, persistence through pain, or focus amidst chaos. To live effectively in this world, it is important to learn to develop mental toughness. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 ways to build mental toughness

Make a Decision

If you want to be tougher, be tougher. Don’t meditate on it, don’t think too much about it, just do it. Being strong mentally is, more than anything, a decision to do so no matter the circumstance. You can start small with the little things and work your way to the big ones, but by all means start.

Learn to be Persistent

As long as you keep letting every small or big thing bring you down, as long as you continue to give reasons and excuses for giving up or being unable to put in more effort to achieve your goal, you will remain weak. You have to learn to push yourself a little bit more than your limit. Remember, learn to always push a little bit more. When you do this, you will find a new depth within yourself.

Tackle Your Fears

Never let fear rule or control any of your actions and inactions. Never. You’ll end up regretting it in the not too distant future. Learn to put your fears in line and don’t give fear too much priority. Avoid running away from your fears, and if you must run away from them, do so to gather more knowledge and skills to come back and do what it takes to confront and overcome those fears.

People for some strange reason tend to underestimate the power of talking to a trusted someone and sharing your fears, difficulties and discomforts. No one can live this life alone, and many times you will need someone who can help you see things from a different perspective. There is so much strength in unity, two heads are better than one, and remember that a problem shared with the right person is already half-solved.

To Dream or Not to Dream

Dreams are great. They’re a great motivational force and help keep you focused, but dreams are also largely things you fantasize about. We all know fantasies don’t always become reality. You therefore have to learn to convert your dreams to goals. Set SMART goals and work to achieve them. When you successfully achieve these goals, it helps to build a sense of confidence and accomplishment in you that’s great for strengthening your mental toughness.

Commitment

You need to learn to be committed to whatever you decide to do. Make a single decision and stick to it. The decision should be clear, simple and straightforward so it can be easy and realistic to maintain and achieve. Refuse to compromise and don’t beat yourself up or give up because of some failures along the way. Be resilient, be persistent and do not give up until the end. Once you learn commitment, you will be surprised at just how powerful this tool is.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-ways-build-mental-toughness/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
lemme try this
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by ShawttySoFyne(f): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2017
Alphamale2017:
I first take with him and see what's he is going to say. I am not the position where I can pay u.
All he wanted was phone number smb

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Excessive Drinking Habit A Cause For Being Pot Bellied? / Ooni Promises To Build Multi-Million Naira Chemotherapy Centre / COVID-19 Update For January 15 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.