Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Testimony Of First Fruits - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimony Of First Fruits (7267 Views)

"First-Fruits": Pastors Are Planning A Major Robbery In January / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testimony Of First Fruits by jesuseun1(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2010
i think if one want to experience what one has not experience before ,one need to do what one has never done before.i have never done first fruits before,but i desire the reward of a first fruits.though i pay my tithe.

those who have carry out the act of first fruits,can u share ur testimony with us,what was ur experience after u obey God by giving ur first fruits.pls share it with us.
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 17, 2010
My brother it was preached today in church but,i ve not got d courage to do it yet.May God strengthen us.D testimonies abound at my side in yrs past.Pple bought cars,houses,fruit of d womb.All these i had from pple dat did it b4
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by Annunaki(m): 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2010
Kindly quote that place in the bible were Jesus taught first fruits or christians were taught to pay first fruits or tithes in the new testament.
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by uncletoks1: 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2010
Is first fruits supposed to be your very first salary on a new job and subsequent first annual increase based on promotion or is it supposed to be your entire January salary on an annual basis?
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2010
uncletoks1:

Is first fruits supposed to be your very first salary on a new job and subsequent first annual increase based on promotion or is it supposed to be your entire January salary on an annual basis?
it entirely depends on individuals interpretation.Read genesis4:2-5&Deuteronomy26:1-5.Let me here what u can make of it.cheers
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by jesuseun1(m): 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2010
The tithe “opens the windows of heaven,” but the “FIRST FRUITS” offering brings the glorious INCREASE!
i think first fruits is d nxt level after tithe,its a ransom for God to make us enter into our wealthy place, is like when pple go to the herbalist for blood money or long life,d herbalist must demand for a ransom to be paid.most times a n animal or an human being blood will be used as a ransom.God too also used a ransom to rescue us from plaque exodus 20v12
12 "When you take a census of the Israelites to count them, each one must pay the LORD a ransom for his life at the time he is counted. Then no plague will come on them when you number them.
first fruits of sacrifice move the heart of God to favour us.

4 The king went to Gibeon to offer sacrifices, for that was the most important high place, and Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings on that altar. 5 At Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you."-1kings 3v4-5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2010
What now constitutes d first fruits? D entirety or d best of d entirety.Abel gave d best of d entirety to God in Genesis4 what portion are we to give in our present day life?
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by jesuseun1(m): 7:45pm On Jan 17, 2010
toba:

What now constitutes d first fruits? D entirety or d best of d entirety.Abel gave d best of d entirety to God in Genesis4 what portion are we to give in our present day life?
first fruits could be
- ur first salary for the beginning of the yr
-ur first salary on a new job
-first car
-first land
-first house, etc

its just the next level of faith to be out of struggle and poverty.

in old testament days ,it was animals and crops.

it cant be ur entirety,its d best of what is to come after.
d best way to keep or increase what u presently have is to give it out,as it will come back in multiple ways.

1 Like

Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by AKO1(m): 7:48pm On Jan 17, 2010
Two things are still missing from this thread:

- testimonies
- Kunle

BTW must your 'first fruits' go only to your pastor/church?
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by PastorAIO: 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2010
Muuuhahahahahahahhhaaahaa   Haahahhahahaahahaa, ha ha . . . ha haaa, eeeeeeeeeeeeee (long sigh) . . .tee hee tee hee tee heee.

I take it that the OP has never experienced hunger, and that is the new experience that he is looking for.
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by KunleOshob(m): 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
When would Nigerians get get tired of being abused by these so called men of god who are evidently the false prophets the bible warned us about? imagine after not being satisfied of being defrauded of a tenth of one's income in the name of tithes he is now coming to this forum to suggest first fruits again, na wa o!
@poster
You must either be a pastor who is just using this forum to promote your evil agenda in your greedy quest for filthy lucre or you are completely brain dead, either way you desperately need help.

@AKO
You are not serious, why should i be present on a useless and fraudulent thread like dis?
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by TV01(m): 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2010
Daa.y.uum!

I'm trying to get my head around someone taking out a mortgage for say £250'000.00 and then giving the prpoerty away as first fruits.

It simply beggars belief. Or maybe I should say you'll be a beggar if you believe that. Ah!

People are wicked. Chei. And there are those that would take it without batting an eyelid. And refuse to give it back even if they knew. Spiritual deception is soooooo real!

But seriously, Christ is the Firstfruits. Think on that.

God bless (with or without a monetary offering)
TV
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by freecocoa(f): 3:30pm On Jan 18, 2010
Anyone that asks u to bring ur first fruits to them is a pathetic thief.
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
I CAN,T BELEIVE TAHT INSPITE OF ALL THE INFORMATION BEING POSTED ON THIS SITE PEOPLE STILL ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BECOME CHEAP VICTIMS OF CRIMINALS MASQUARADING AS MEN OF GOD.

WHERE THE HELL IN THE BIBLE WERE CHRISTIANS MANDATED TO PAY TITHES OR FIRST FRUITS.

WHY IS IT THAT THESE CRIMINALS DON'T PREACH THE OBSERVANCE OF THE NON-LUCRATIVE ASPECTS OF THE JEWISH LAWS.

CANT YOU FOOLS MAKE USE OF UR SENSES
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by Snowwy: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2010
Hello All,
I stumbled on this thread and I could not help but drop my 2 cents.
You are asking of testimonies. I have lots.
However let me start by saying that I dropped my first fruits for the first time in 2005 as a corper. Yes a corper with no other form of tangible extra allowance. This was part of the NCCF building project. I initially thought it wasn't going to be possible but when i made up my mind to, God made a way and I have dropped my first fruits ever since till date.
Miraculously I got a bank job shortly before end of service while some of my mates had to wait. Was it a reward of the first fruits? I cannot say but one thing is certain, he that sows in the Lord's fertile ground can never lack.
When i dropped my 3rd first-fruits, i prayed to God for an increase in finances and get a better job.
Funnily, my God that has a sense of humour gave me a job of which my monthly salary in the bank became the tithe I was paying.
Yes, my pay increased to over 100% of what I was earning where God took me to. Please this new place was nothing short of a miracle too. Then so many other things I had been pursuing fell through.
You know what? I don't dispute the fact that there are fake pastors but really why worship in a church that you are not sure of the integrity of the pastor/prophet etc. This is where this whole issue lies.
The church where i worship now gives me assurance that I am in the right place.
Some people say the pastor is a thief. Yeah, but your money goes to God and this brings me back to the question I asked. Why worship in that church then.
Paying tithe/firstfruits/offerings is not by force!However, I pray God will make you see reason to.
However, don't wonder why somethings are happening for some and nothing for you.
The blessings of God are not only monetary mind you, so even when I give and still suffer that month, I know the God that sees behind every corner is there to take me through. He has never failed. We have been blessed with 3 cars in 2 years in my family without taking a loan i.e. in present day Nigeria.
Whatever I give God is what He gave me. Thats why as I give, more keeps coming and God keeps making a way.
Give with love because even if you die for your brother and don't love him, its a wasted effort.
As per helping friends and relatives, the reminder of my salary is what I used after tithing and God has made me a great financial pillar in this regard.
This has worked for me. Note that not everything works for everyone. You are what you believe you are.
All this too doesn't come also without living a holy life and all. We are all striving to be perfect as God is perfect.
I hope this blessed a soul at least.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by olubuffett: 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2010
nice one snowwy

Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets,so shall ye prosper.
no one is forced you dont have to give tithe,offering or first fruit @ d end of the day God is still God.
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by afiq(m): 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2010
1st fruit+tithe=joke
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 27, 2010
1st fruit+tithe= Breakthrough

1 Like

Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by KunleOshob(m): 10:06am On Jan 27, 2010
1st fruit+tithe= mugun
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by ogajim(m): 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2010
These Ants seem to be everywhere trying to be cute by setting up threads like the average Joe except they are the Wolves in Sheep's clothing.

Show me where Jesus Christ or his Disciples preached this nonsense in the Bible or take a vow of silence, your behind is lucky this is a virtual forum or you might have been decked to your senses for this BS.
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by richjohn1(m): 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
1ST FRUIT+TITHE=Pastor getting richer and You getting poorer grin

I see teachers everyday even if you write the answers side by side to the questions you ask students in an exam do you know many will not 'can' still fail. That's the case of those who believe in tithe/1st fruit

Can't people think for crying out loud?
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by Snowwy: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2010
Unfortunately the law of God cannot be understood my mere human understanding. Pray to God to open your spiritual eyes.
Even Jesus said that you should lay up your treasures in heaven where no moth can destroy it. Dont' you read Psalms in the old testament. Its strange people just start saying its an old testament rule hence they cannot abide by it. The word of God is complete. Pls renew your mind.
I wonder why we humans always try to twist God's word especially when it comes to having to part with our finances.
No one is forcing you to tithe or pay firstfruits, ok. Don't make a big isue out of it.
If you think its wrong, don't do it then but leave those who do it. We have enough proof to show it works for us.
Shikena!

3 Likes

Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by Annunaki(m): 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2010
@snowy
It definitely works for those of you collecting it.
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by ogajim(m): 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2010
I am not against anyone spending their money as they see fit, what I am against is folks who hide behind the Bible to steal from unsuspecting Christians.

I know better ways to reach out to those in need than follow a PAGAN practice, to each his own but folks NEED to know the TRUTH.
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by Snowwy: 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ogajim
Thanks very much for your post. You are truly right. Tithing/First fruiting has come to be taken as a business for fake pastors.
I will just say that because there are fake pastors doesn't mean we should not do as God instructed. We are all church members here at least I assume you are one. Therefore, why go to a church being run by a 'fake' pastor.
Most people here do not trust their pastors to an extent then come here saying there are fake pastors.
I think one should go to where he gets blessed and has peace of mind. Therefore when told to give offerings it won't be hard.
First fruit and any other offering is not by force. Everything I have was not by my power, it was all by God's grace. I will therefore not give to God that which does not cost me something. Thats what they call sacrificial giving.
I guess I rest my case here.
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by serena001: 12:37am On Feb 18, 2010
Hello everyone I thought I will get involved with this discussion on First Fruits. I have recently learned the power of this principle from a great preacher Paula White! She teaches it so great. I will send you the link so you can watch here teachings. My sister and I felt lead by the Holy Spirit to practice this principle. Last year my family and I had a miserable year. I have an online business, and it was not prospering no matter what we did and how hard we tried. The year 2009 was so sad and frustrating. My sister and I have been serving God for a long time now! We asked God to help us and let us know what we were doing wrong; we gave our tithes and walked in Love. God then reveled Paul White teaching on First Fruit. It was (AMAZING) WHAT WE LERANT. We found out that first fruit was the missing ingredient to breakthrough! I gave my First Fruit I did not have a lot but I gave god my firsts week wages (ALL I HAD)!!

I was not scared to do this, I was scared NOT to! I have done this recently so am now waiting with expectancy everyday to God to bless this year and my business. God is faithful and I know he won't let us down. Because it's written in his word. Ezekiel 44:30 and Titus 1:2 God cannot lie

I will keep u all posted on what God has done in my life and Business am looking forward to having a great year because I honored God. He will bless me! God bless you all

Paul White

http://www.paulawhite.org/firstfruits

http://www.paulawhite.org/pages/media_center

p.s Look up the scripture I gave you wink

God bless u all! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by leoblaze(m): 8:06am On Feb 13, 2016
Snowwy:
Hello All,
However let me start by saying that I dropped my first fruits for the first time in 2005 as a corper. Yes a corper with no other form of tangible extra allowance. This was part of the NCCF building project. I initially thought it wasn't going to be possible but when i made up my mind to, God made a way and I have dropped my first fruits ever since till date.
Miraculously I got a bank job shortly before end of service while some of my mates had to wait. Was it a reward of the first fruits? I cannot say but one thing is certain, he that sows in the Lord's fertile ground can never lack.
When i dropped my 3rd first-fruits, i prayed to God for an increase in finances and get a better job.
Funnily, my God that has a sense of humour gave me a job of which my monthly salary in the bank became the tithe I was paying.
Yes, my pay increased to over 100% of what I was earning where God took me to. Please this new place was nothing short of a miracle too. Then so many other things I had been pursuing fell through.
You know what? I don't dispute the fact that there are fake pastors but really why worship in a church that you are not sure of the integrity of the pastor/prophet etc. This is where this whole issue lies.
Some people say the pastor is a thief. Yeah, but your money goes to God and this brings me back to the question I asked. Why worship in that church then.
Paying tithe/firstfruits/offerings is not by force!However, I pray God will make you see reason to.
However, don't wonder why somethings are happening for some and nothing for you.
The blessings of God are not only monetary mind you, so even when I give and still suffer that month, I know the God that sees behind every corner is there to take me through. He has never failed. We have been blessed with 3 cars in 2 years in my family without taking a loan i.e. in present day Nigeria.
Whatever I give God is what He gave me. Thats why as I give, more keeps coming and God keeps making a way.
Give with love because even if you die for your brother and don't love him, its a wasted effort.
As per helping friends and relatives, the reminder of my salary is what I used after tithing and God has made me a great financial pillar in this regard.
This has worked for me. Note that not everything works for everyone. You are what you believe you are.
All this too doesn't come also without living a holy life and all. We are all striving to be perfect as God is perfect.

Bro snowwy thank God for ur type , am a serving Corper . ur post encouraged me to sow my first fruit this year and am believing God for greater testimony dat will encourage another person .. What a faithful God grin
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by Snowwy: 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
leoblaze:

Bro snowwy thank God for ur type , am a serving Corper . ur post encouraged me to sow my first fruit this year and am believing God for greater testimony dat will encourage another person .. What a faithful God grin

Truly glad to know this testimony was an encouragement to you.
May the Lord direct your steps. Just release yourself to Him.

1 Like

Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by tweeby: 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2018
Snowwy:
Hello All,
This came at the right time..
God bless you greatly n pray I will testify greatly this year. I receive triple of the grace that worked for you in Jesus name-Amen
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by alohman(m): 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2018
it's very hard to free a happy slave. shame on Africans .
Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by tweeby: 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2018
I'm a living testimony too...
I heard of first fruit from my sis who gave God her 1st NYSC allawee n got posted to CBN miraculously so I followed d step.
During my service yr, I dropped my 19,800 that was given to us in camp, I.e. My first income which I told God three things after paying my first fruit
1. I want d best ppa n capital of d state I will serve
2. At the end of my service year, lemme have a savings of 19800*11
3. I want a job after service yr
Now this is what God did
1. I got posted to Govt house (governor office) without knowing anyone there. It was really miraculous
2. As per govt house, alot dash me money often, d state, federal n govt house was paying me. I was given an apartment, fully furnished
3. I finished my NYSC Nov, dec a frnd dash me like a salary while in Jan, I got a job
To be sincere, God is faithful. I told my frnds how I made it, which they tried too n gave testimony

1 Like

Re: Testimony Of First Fruits by alohman(m): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2018
it's very hard to free a happy slave. shame on Africans .very soon the whites will start sending those ur crook pastors packing in fact Nigerian pastors deserve mass burrier .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheist @ A Church Wedding! / The Quran Fraud Contradictions Or Great Truths? / Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.