Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? (7269 Views)

"My Spirit Husband Is Ruining My Life" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out / Ogun Pastor Got Stuck In Shrine, Loses Consciousness While Trying To Destroy It / The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by HardMirror(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2016
I must have been about 12 years old when it happened.
I was terribly ill, terribly, so my mum took me to the hospital where I got some medications.

All I remember was that I was watching TV in the morning..... Next I woke up only to see myself in the hospital. My mum was asleep beside me.

It was the morning of the next day.

I was unconscious for almost 24 hours.

Honestly where was my spirit when I lost consciousness.

I strongly believe we have no spirit or soul, but are alive based on the function of our brains. Once the brain lacks oxygen for a prolonged time, then that is the end.

Interestingly your organs could still be alive. So it is enough proof for me that our brains are responsible for who we are and not any phantom ghost.

When my mum was narrating how she and others where frantically trying to revive me, I was shocked. To the extent that raw pepper was poured into my mouth.
It was an amazing experience anyway, glad I experienced it so no one lies to me how being unconscious feels.
It is all blank and you have no consciousness of time unlike when you sleep

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by frank317: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2016
HardMirror:
I was terribly ill, terribly, so my mum took me to the hospital where I got some medications.

All I remember was that I was watching TV in the morning..... Next I woke up only to see myself in the hospital. My mum was asleep beside me.

I strongly believe we have no spirit or soul, but are alive based on the function of our brains. Once the brain lacks oxygen for a prolonged time, then that is the end.

Interestingly your organs could still be alive. So it is enough proof for me that our brains are responsible for who we are and not any phantom ghost.

Simple... the idea of spirit and soul is just man's wish to be superman... even I sometimes wish I could be omnipotent... my soul must be a stranger to me

4 Likes

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2016
There is no such thing as "phantom ghost" , either is redundant .

You were not dead so your spirit is still in you .

1 Like

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by otemdomino: 11:26am On Jul 16, 2016
HardMirror:

Until you experience death or out-of-body experience, your spirit can't come into play and the afterlife can't come. You only fainted, and as you said, your brain didn't get enough energy to keep you conscious, so you couldn't keep conscious. But as soon as death comes, you will experience the afterlife.

3 Likes

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 16, 2016
otemdomino:

Until you experience death or out-of-body experience, your spirit can't come into play and the afterlife can't come. You only fainted, and as you said, your brain didn't get enough energy to keep you conscious, so you couldn't keep conscious. But as soon as death comes, you will experience the afterlife.

Ote is now attacking Atheists? Wonders shall never cease.

Kingebukanaija lets grab a bottle of pepsi and some popcorn and let hardmirror and otemdomino argue this one out.

*abeg shift small makd I siddon *
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:32am On Jul 16, 2016
frank317:

Simple... the idea of spirit and soul is just man's wish to be superman... even I sometimes wish I could be omnipotent... my soul must be a stranger to me

Whatever this means though
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 16, 2016
E stroll go ikorodu
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by otemdomino: 11:36am On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Kingebukanaija lets grab a bottle of pepsi and some popcorn and let hardmirror and otemdomino argue this one out.

I don't call it attack, ONLY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE SEE PEOPLE QUESTIONING THEIR BELIEFS AS ATTACKS. I don't attack, I only speak what I believe due to what I have experienced.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2016
Perfectdanny:
E stroll go ikorodu

lolz
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:41am On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

grin grin grin .... as in eh ... this should be interesting ... I haf not seen this before cheesy
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by otemdomino: 11:43am On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

grin grin grin .... as in eh ... this should be interesting ... I haf not seen this before cheesy

You people gan sef grin
Do you think this world is all about attacking one another? Little wonder you guys experience SLEEP PARALYSIS and call it 'SPIRITUAL [size=18pt]ATTACK[/size].
U see anyone questioning your belief system as attacking it. LWKMD.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

This pepsi tastes sweeter than before o Kingebukanaija. You know there are some things you experience and life becomes somewhat sweeter. I am sure this is one of them.

Abeg make I stretch my leg more. Abeg Kingebukanaija would you likd some peanuts to go with the popcorn?
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 16, 2016
otemdomino:

You people gan sef grin
Do you think this world is all about attacking one another? Little wonder you guys experience SLEEP PARALYSIS and call it 'SPIRITUAL [size=18pt]ATTACK[/size].

Face hardmirror not Kingebukanaija. Hardmirror asked thd question. Use your brain na. grin
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by otemdomino: 11:50am On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Face hardmirror not Kingebukanaija. Hardmirror asked thd question. Use your brain na. grin
Samu, Samu, Samu, you are very funny o.
Kikikkikikikik
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2016
otemdomino:

Samu, Samu, Samu, you are very funny o.
Kikikkikikikik

Sha use your brain and explain counciousness to hardmirror. Na siddon look I dey.
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

This pepsi tastes sweeter than before o Kingebukanaija. You know there are some things you experience and life becomes somewhat sweeter. I am sure this is one of them.

Abeg make I stretch my leg more. Abeg Kingebukanaija would you likd some peanuts to go with the popcorn?

Anything to would make us enjoy this show is accepted ... this is a special summer episode grin grin

1 Like

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
You could be one of those people that gatiano says have no spirit. lipsrsealed
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
Muafrika2:
You could be one of those people that gatiano says have no spirit. lipsrsealed

Gatiano said that ? Then how will the soul function without the spirit

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Anything to would make us enjoy this show is accepted ... this is a special summer episode grin grin

grin grin
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Haaaaa oya Gatiano come and explain hardmirrors consciousness question o.

This is getting more and more interesting.
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Pidggin(f): 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
frank317:

Not true. I remember fainting some years back, I found myself conscious in another realm where I felt complete peace. My soul was alife but somewhere else. Do not be deceived, your soul is real
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
HardMirror:

I strongly believe we have no spirit or soul, but are alive based on the function of our brains.

HENCE, YOU NEED TO GO GET YOUR BRAIN TESTED, SERIOUSLY!!!
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

This one is just lying through his teeth.

Hardmirror is just trying to mislead a few people who want to believe they are atheist. There are very few real atheists who have just never gotten the opportunity. The rest are masquerading.
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
HardMirror:

When my mum was narrating how she and others where frantically trying to revive me, I was shocked. To the extent that raw pepper was poured into my mouth.
It was an amazing experience anyway, glad I experienced it so no one lies to me how being unconscious feels.
It is all blank and you have no consciousness of time unlike when you sleep

Otemdomino abi na otemdobingo see potential convert here o. Maybe it was reveralgebra that made him not witness the afterlife. Come and preach to him about how to use his brain to witness the afterlife.

Otem vs Hardmirror season 1

Otem make sure u write a song about this thread o. It should be interesting and entertaining. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Edenoscar(m): 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
otemdomino:

You people gan sef grin
I tried explaining sleep paralysis to a friend,the guy as a christian refuses all scientific explaination saying its the work of witches

7 Likes

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
Edenoscar:

I tried explaining sleep paralysis to a friend,the guy as a christian refuses all scientific explaination saying its the work of witches

I tried explaining sleep paralysis to a friend , the guy as an atheist refuses all scientific explanation saying its the work of ghosts .

Your lie works both ways
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by KingEbukaNaija: 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
Muafrika2:

This one is just lying through his teeth.

Hardmirror is just trying to mislead a few people who want to believe they are atheist. There are very few real atheists who have just never gotten the opportunity. The rest are masquerading.

This is so true . Someone made a similar observation in one thread like that . Its just to have fun for most of them . And of course for me too wink

1 Like

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Fingerprinter(m): 1:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
Just like every other myth in the bible, read the true story behind the old testament's flood story here http://www.worldfunfacts.com/2016/07/myths-about-noahs-ark.html?m=1
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by HardMirror(m): 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
otemdomino:

I don't call it attack, ONLY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE SEE PEOPLE QUESTIONING THEIR BELIEFS AS ATTACKS. I don't attack, I only speak what I believe due to what I have experienced.
Don't mind him, so your explanation is now attack to him. grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
HardMirror:

Don't mind him, so your explanation is now attack to him. grin

Ok so hardmirror agrees with otem that he will experience the afterlife when he dies and not when he faints.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Edenoscar(m): 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I tried explaining sleep paralysis to a friend , the guy as an atheist refuses all scientific explanation saying its the work of ghosts .

Your lie works both ways
What lie? that religious people equate any problem to be spiritual
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by HardMirror(m): 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
Pidggin:

Not true. I remember fainting some years back, I found myself conscious in another realm where I felt complete peace. My soul was alife but somewhere else. Do not be deceived, your soul is real
Tell us about where you found yourself. I have talked with lots of people who have fainted and they did not experience anything. In fact you won't even know you fainted. It is just like an eye blink as if nothing happened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? / A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? / Solution To Corona Virus (Day 106)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.