Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu (3020 Views)

Gerry Gogan Obituary: Irish Priest Expelled From Biafra / Support Restructuring And Die, Northern Youths Warn Northern Politicians, Leader / Anambra State Breaks Out From Biafra: "Nnamdi Kanu Is Small Boy Fooling Himself" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by sammietos(m): 8:47pm On May 30, 2017
The Ondo State Governor, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN, on Monday, re-echoed his long time support for restructuring the country for her to survive her current challenges.

While urging the people to have a rethink and re-dedicate themselves to nation building, the Governor advised the youth to actively participate in governance .

Mr. Akeredolu spoke in Akure at the celebration of this year’s democracy day held at the international event center.

According to the Governor, he was against succession as being agitated in some quarters as he can’t afford to remarry his wife, Mrs Betty from another country.

He said: “I am an advocate of restructuring. I have no option because I can’t go back to remarry my wife from other country.

“Democracy for me is the ability to cope with divergent views. Democracy is for development but we can’t say we have not benefited from military.”

Delivering the Democracy Day lecture in entitled; ‘Democracy and Development in Nigeria: Issues, Challenges and the Way Forward’, A human right lawyer and activist, Dr Tunji Abayomi faulted the current constitution being in place in the country, saying it is against the well being of the people.

He said it was the constitution that should give rise to any government as against what was being witnessed in the country ,where the government at various levels gave the constitution.

He said constitution was an agreement by the people on how they want to be governed.

While saying democracy requires exposing the people to choosing their leaders and also the need for responsible law for national development, the foremost lawyer said the people should be ready to fight for their right.

The former governorship aspirant in the state, further explained that the bane of the country’s democracy has been the abject poverty in the land, the menace of corruption and the unjust distribution of the national wealth.

The APC chieftain noted that democracy is never a finished project, rather it is always revolving.

Abayomi urged the National Assembly to enact laws that would enable the people to have their constitution, while also saying constitutional democracy should be freely negotiated by the people.
http://www.sunshineherald.news/extra-i-support-restructuring-i-cant-go-back-remarry-wife-biafra-akeredolu/

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by Armstrong34(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2017
while Nigerians are crying for a Restructure for some palatable and visible Reasons..

the only reason visible to this afonja crying for a Restructuring is jus because of a woman.....

afonjas why.....why

Are they no good women again from ijebu ode,remo,ikire,ijesha ogbomosho republic....

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by Agumbankembu: 8:50pm On May 30, 2017
Unserious clown.

10 Likes

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 8:51pm On May 30, 2017
LoL really funny governor grin

Me too I can't pay for visa to travel to ordinary Onitsha
Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by fSociety: 8:52pm On May 30, 2017
That one is your concern. We cannot hinge our future on your inconsequential marriage undecided

Afonjas **spits

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by BLACKdagger: 8:52pm On May 30, 2017
undecided pls what does he mean by re-marry his wife?. Some1 help me with that line pls.

Does it mean biafra will disaolve his marriage? undecided

6 Likes

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by GameGod(m): 8:53pm On May 30, 2017
God forbid
Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by Davash222(m): 8:54pm On May 30, 2017
fSociety:
That one is your concern. We cannot hinge our future on your inconsequential marriage undecided

Afonjas **spits
Easy bro. Try a cold beer.
Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by fSociety: 8:54pm On May 30, 2017
Davash222:

Easy bro. Try a cold beer.

I don't take alcohol

4 Likes

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by Davash222(m): 8:55pm On May 30, 2017
fSociety:

I don't take alcohol
You are on your own then.
Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by mazimee(m): 8:55pm On May 30, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
LoL really funny governor grin
Me too I can't pay for visa to travel to ordinary Onitsha
That is if you can afford the Visa.

9 Likes

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by fSociety: 8:56pm On May 30, 2017
Davash222:

You are on your own then.

Smell out of my mentions, will you? undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 30, 2017
Dz ipob get juju oo.
Woman wey no fine sef.
See her mouth like kettle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by Afam4eva(m): 9:01pm On May 30, 2017
What does he mean by remarrying his wife? Maybe he means that he can't afford his wife to come from another country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 30, 2017
fSociety:

Afonjas **spits
Lol. See mumu.
See as ur ipob woman be sef.
Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 9:02pm On May 30, 2017
mazimee:

That is if you can afford the Visa.
LoL,I can imagine how exorbitant the prize would be fixed
Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by greenermodels: 9:03pm On May 30, 2017
what concerns Biafra with his state? why are some Yoruba trying to hijack the Biafran struggle into their call for restructuring? that's how osibanjo and obasanjo hosted a Biafra@50 lectures without any participation from massob and ipob.these sort of behavior is what is partly causing the lack of trust between the two major southern tribes.everybody should face their struggles squarely.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by mazimee(m): 9:06pm On May 30, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
LoL,I can imagine how exorbitant the prize would be fixed

LoL, dey there
Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by DontForceUnity: 9:07pm On May 30, 2017
I weak for Afonjas

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by Oxtonguy: 9:15pm On May 30, 2017
This news bloggers fond of picking casual talk from long epistles. The governor said that casually which flared up grinning among the audience that makes him look funny. And now it is news grin
Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by zealblinks(m): 9:18pm On May 30, 2017
Agumbankembu:
Unserious clown.
serious clown continue

1 Like

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by Young03(m): 9:19pm On May 30, 2017
Oga govano, ur statements are not funny, u where making sense bt failed somehow

Na woman be ur priority

1 Like

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by MetaPhysical: 9:19pm On May 30, 2017
greenermodels:
what concerns Biafra with his state? why are some Yoruba trying to hijack the Biafran struggle into their call for restructuring? that's how osibanjo and obasanjo hosted a Biafra@50 lectures without any participation from massob and ipob.these sort of behavior is what is partly causing the lack of trust between the two major southern tribes.everybody should face their struggles squarely.

Ohanaeze was there and you all cheered and acknowledged the speech delivered by Nnia Nwobodo. They wanted a legitimate group that speak for Biafra, MASSOB and IPOB are illegitimate groups.
Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by Raddie(m): 9:23pm On May 30, 2017
You being a SAN ought to know that your marriage to your wife isn't in the picture - if you had used hostile attitudes between both countries is ignorable.
Every one of you know true federalism is what Nigeria needs same with state policing but even as thing are now you all still find ways to Bleep - bot I know you'll do your work, us all.

AND I SEE NOTHING ON GROUND TO STOP YOU ALL FROM FUCKING - Let me see what you come up with this time around, US ALL ONCE AGAIN.
Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by MetaPhysical: 9:25pm On May 30, 2017
This governor is still fresh. After a couple of goofs to the press and some rebuke from and backlash from the electorate he will adjust to politically correct utterances. Forgive him on this one slip. grin
Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by greenermodels: 9:48pm On May 30, 2017
MetaPhysical:

Ohanaeze was there and you all cheered and acknowledged the speech delivered by Nnia Nwobodo. They wanted a legitimate group that speak for Biafra, MASSOB and IPOB are illegitimate groups.
ohanaeze is not a pro Biafra movement and you clearly don't know the meaning of legitimacy.the ability to control the people without resort to violence like ipob and massob are doing is the meaning of legitimacy. they're the only legitimate groups in Biafra now. besides your comment totally avoided the crux of the matter which is that they should face their own struggle and leave Biafrans alone. both osibanjo and obasanjo have not been promoting restructuring so why should they get involved in Biafra and our struggles? you can argue all you want but such behaviour only breeds mistrust.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by kingzizzy: 9:59pm On May 30, 2017
MetaPhysical:

What makes MASSOB and IPOB illegitimate? Both organisations are rooted in self determination which is a universal right of all people

Akeredolu is a noise maker. One of the many who wants restructuring but want to do 'one Nigeria' with the same North who are totally against restructuring. A clear case of a person who wants to eat his cake and have it.

As for marrying a wife from another country, someone should tell Akeredolu to seek advice from Oshiomole.

5 Likes

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by Ikenna0b: 10:02pm On May 30, 2017
This has got to be the dumbest statement I heard in a awhile.

Why would you have to remarry your wife because now her land is another country?

Selfishness is all I read from this man.

Infact, if you like give your wife honorary Nigerian citizenship, just stop being so damn selfish

3 Likes

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by BLACKdagger: 10:07pm On May 30, 2017
MetaPhysical:

Keep talkin trash...
Last time i checked the court ruled that ipob is legitimate.
Listen to news and be aware of whats happening ur surrounding but u refused..
U prefer to drink 6am roadside agbo everymorning and shout "owo mi da" all day

1 Like

Re: I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu by DieBuhari: 10:11pm On May 30, 2017
He loves clean Biafran women, not the one pant and bra a month wearing one from the wāste

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fierce-looking Marine Commandos Of The Biafran Navy On A Nuclear-powered Warship / Why I Still Blame GEJ For Inflicting PMB On Us. / The Dirty Vultures From South-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.