Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? (1780 Views)

5 Signs You Are Not Mature Enough For A Relationship / How A Mature Man Couldn't Control His Urge Even In BRT Standing Queue / My Online Dating Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by taosola(m): 7:16am On Jan 18, 2010
Hello dear Nairalanders! Pls, what's your opinion or experience on this issue. Hardly do I see successful online dating among Nigerians
except between Nigerians and those magas (WHITHE).
Is it because Nigerians are too wise or lack of maturity?
Please, your contributions counts.[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by Tcharged: 8:02am On Jan 18, 2010
Nigerians are actively involved in online dating. I know so many Nigerian couple (dating and married) who met online.
People should learn to be truthful online.
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by cuteromntc: 8:47am On Jan 18, 2010
T-charged:

Nigerians are actively involved in online dating. I know so many Nigerian couple (dating and married) who met online.
People should learn to be truthful online.

u r so right.One thing I want to add is that Nigerian ladies should learn to expect the possible in such.For many of us humans,online dating is more or less like some perfect setting of pure romance where evrythg is right with no quarrels,no arguments(we somtyms avoid arguments to save airtym,online tym esp 4those of us that work).Truth is online dating isnt some moments in mill n bones.We all should learn to open our hearts to trust.We should also make ourselves trustworthy.kapich
Im kinda busy may be back to complete this
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by echobee(f): 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
yes,i agree with u
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by ladybird77(f): 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2010
Yeah i agree i met someone online by mistake not a dating site but we got chatting and we were together for 5years, its just now a lot of people lie abt so many things and like da last poster said we shld be more open and honest.
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by ebila(m): 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
@post,
Of course we are.The only challenge we have right now is d Nigerian factor "everybody is a potential criminal/fraudster/suspect(call it wot u choose)".Hence,we tend to lie or conceal alot.
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by Kelvinj(m): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
Yea nigerians are in2 online dating.
I found ma wife online, so it works
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by nihun(m): 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by harakiri(m): 6:52am On Jan 19, 2010
I met the lady i'm engaged with on www.blackplanet.com so what gives? Abeg make una stop all these downgrading of our people.I'm sick of all these "Are Nigerians this or that" or "Why do Nigerians do this and that" senseless posts!
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by nguage(m): 7:01am On Jan 19, 2010
Nigerians abroad or Nigerians in Nigeria? I don't know what internet access is like in Nigeria, but I know NEPA is still as faithful as ever.
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by harakiri(m): 7:03am On Jan 19, 2010
n-guage:

Nigerians abroad or Nigerians in Nigeria? I don't know what internet access is like in Nigeria, but I know NEPA is still as faithful as ever.

What does NEPA have to do with online dating? grin I am using generator (as always) so what gives?

Besides, all those annoying scam letters going around are not "hindered" by Nepa so what gives? grin

lol
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by Freiburger(m): 7:05am On Jan 19, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by nguage(m): 7:06am On Jan 19, 2010
harakiri:

What does NEPA have to do with online dating? grin I am using generator (as always) so what gives?

Besides, all those annoying scam letters going around are not "hindered" by Nepa so what gives? grin

lol

Imagine talking to a girl and (BOOM) NEPA strikes, I know the phone service isn't all that reliable too.

You know what has a lot to do with online dating? Honesty. Are most Nigerians honest?
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by harakiri(m): 7:16am On Jan 19, 2010
n-guage:

Imagine talking to a girl and (BOOM) NEPA strikes, I know the phone service isn't all that reliable too.

You know what has a lot to do with online dating? Honesty. Are most Nigerians honest?

Dude, what's with the stereotyping?Before Ribadu, all this down grading was unheard off (thanks to his BBC broadcasts). I do agree that there are bad eggs in Nigeria.There are also more good people than bad so what gives? All over the world, there are sick people.I'll give you an example. . .when i started dating the lady i'm engaged to, she sometimes went online to friendfriender,tagged,badoo and other similar websites to while away time.Men from different countries always try chatting her up and some want to chat with her on yahoo messenger. . .she adds them and next thing, they are talking about nothing but sexual topics.Some even open their webcams to reveal their manhood.I've even witnessed 4 webcams with guys masturbating openly and one of them actually ejaculating on the cam with "cream" all over the place (disgusting).These people were from America,Germany and Greece.What do you have to say about those?If i decided to stereotype all white people as perverts, would that be fair?Come on. . .quit the habit.It's not cool.
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by taosola(m): 7:17am On Jan 19, 2010
@harakiri, this post is only 4 the wise and mature minds. I never known that asking is a crime in this forum.
Anyway, I do appreciate everybody that have shared their valuable experience on this topic.
More are still expecting please. Thanks![color=][/color][color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by harakiri(m): 7:20am On Jan 19, 2010
taosola:

@harakiri, this post is only 4 the wise and mature minds. I never known that asking is a crime in this forum.
Anyway, I do appreciate everybody that have shared their valuable experience on this topic.
More are still expecting please. Thanks![color=][/color][color=][/color][color=][/color]

I'm glad you know that.So what are you doing here?You obviously belong in the kindergarten section.
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by nguage(m): 7:20am On Jan 19, 2010
Harakiri, where's the stereotyping? I only asked a question.
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by harakiri(m): 7:24am On Jan 19, 2010
@Seun Osewa and nairaland in general

There should be scrutiny of posts before they are allowed to get online for public viewing.Also posters should have a number of comments required before they are allowed to post and from their previous posts, it should be determined if they are mature enough to open a post or not.

Look at this poster for instance, he put up a post expecting opinions.He is supposed to be a "sub-moderator" of sorts and he resorts to using derogatory remarks for opinions that are beyond his level of reason.Utterly pathetic!
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by harakiri(m): 7:28am On Jan 19, 2010
n-guage:

Harakiri, where's the stereotyping? I only asked a question.

Check out the bolded part in your previous post.

Dude, if that's not stereotyping then i don't know what else is. It's like asking "Are most Americans gay".Some asking this kind of questions has already taken judgement on the person or people being referred to.
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by nguage(m): 7:34am On Jan 19, 2010
The question doesn't stereotype in anyway. What if I said "Are most Nigerians dishonest?" See, it's a question and you should learn to stop being quick to see people's words as words against you.
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by harakiri(m): 7:51am On Jan 19, 2010
n-guage:

The question doesn't stereotype in anyway. What if I said "Are most Nigerians dishonest?" See, it's a question and you should learn to stop being quick to see people's words as words against you.

Take a cue from the questions below :

(1)Are most men cheaters?
(2)Are most women sluts?
(3)Are most Americans gays?
(4)Are most european women harlots?
(5)Are most igbo people drug peddlers?
(6)Are most yoruba people 419?
(7)Are most hausa/fulani people cattle rearers and terrorists?

See the trend? If i posted any of the above on NL, you would see a tirade of derogatory comments.People aren't dumb or stupid you know[b].I CLEARLY UNDERSTAND[/b] what you typed and it was stereotyping.Don't beat about the bush.It is what it is.You had already made your judgement before you typed that.Respect the mental faculties of others and the same will be reciprocated.Hope you didn't consider that as being harsh.Just my 2 cents.
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by nguage(m): 8:07am On Jan 19, 2010
^^^

The difference between those other questions is that they have negative connotations. "Cheaters, slut, 419, drug peddles" These word all have negative connotations. I asked "Are most Nigerians honest?
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by harakiri(m): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2010
n-guage:

^^^

The difference between those other questions is that they have negative connotations. "Cheaters, slut, 419, drug peddles" These word all have negative connotations. I asked "Are most Nigerians honest?

Everyone sees the world different in their own eyes but i can assure you, there will be others that will re-affirm what i've said about your stereotyping.You can toss and turn the whole thing in any direction but the stereotyping there was very obvious albeit subtle.Any sane person can see it outrightly.I'll leave it to the others. grin
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by nihun(m): 8:25am On Jan 19, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by galatico(m): 8:37am On Jan 22, 2010
Some are mature enough for online dating while some are in mature ,
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by H2O2: 10:25pm On Jan 26, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by H2O2: 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2010
Many Nigerians think it's useless and they say they can't bring themselves to do it,

but I would. Simply another means of meeting yours
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by racheal84(f): 7:47am On Jan 29, 2010
I met my husband online, he is nigerian. Yes some nigerians are mature enough, some are out for games
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by nihun(m): 11:45am On Jan 29, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by candylips(m): 12:08pm On Jan 29, 2010
yes nigerians are matured enough
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by uniqued(f): 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2010
taosola:

Hello dear Nairalanders! Pls, what's your opinion or experience on this issue. Hardly do I see successful online dating among Nigerians
except between Nigerians and those magas (WHITHE).
Is it because Nigerians are too wise or lack of maturity?
Please, your contributions counts.[color=][/color][color=][/color]

wat kind of stupid post is this. Ask urself dat question again. off course every 1 is ready for online dating. juast that some stupid 9ja ppl have messed it up big time. Nw ppl dont believe in online dating. anyway why would u want online dating wen u can just hook up real life. any way some ppl would nid 2 get to knw a persons sense of humor first. tongue tongue
Re: Are Nigerians Mature Enough For Online Dating? by henryhemon(m): 12:45pm On Jan 29, 2010
yes,i have found mine online.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Hardest Thing T0 D0 Is T0 Watch The One You Love, Love Somebody Else Omg! / Cheating/confession / All Because Of One Bobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.