Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Dangerous Desire - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dangerous Desire (10505 Views)

When you want a man other ladies desire. / I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... / Lola Ajibola: "It Is Dangerous To Love Only One Man At A Time" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangerous Desire by Toks2008(m): 10:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
Dangerous Desire (Ife Gbona)

Many people are subconsciously enmeshed in this type of desire but they usually realize too late after they have allowed this dangerous feeling get the worst side of them.

*Do you see yourself flaring up or losing grip of yourself when you find your partner in an innocuous manner with the opposite sex?

*Are you the type who gets overly jealous when your partner receives calls or text messages from the opposite sex?

*Do you snoop on your partner's phone or social media handle for possible cheating signs or do you monitor your partner about?

*Are you the type who threatens your partner with fire and brimstone if he or she ever cheats on you?

I can continue to highlight different instances that points to dangerous love but if you find yourself showing any of the aforementioned signs then its time to pause nd caution yourself because you just might be enmeshed in dangerous desire or ife gbona as it is called in yoruba language.

But the big question is;IS IT REALLY WORTH IT?

Have you ever cared to ask yourself if that crazy feeling is more important than your life?

Before you met that person,he or she was probably with someone or have been with several partners that have had their fill so why kill yourself because that person is with you at the moment? If you die today,someone else will have that person and you wil hardly be remembered.

An adage in Yorba says "Eni ri nkan re to fe ku pe lu e owo eni to ti so nu n ko"(He who wants to die over a found item should think about the person who lost that same item)

Even if you are the first partner,there is absolutely nothing you can do about it if he or she decides to be with another person so why kill yourself because of what you have no control over...

No matter how you claim to be crazily in love,if you die today someone else will take over from where you stopped and really enjoy that person you can't imagine another person touching.And worst still,in most cases,those who engage in dangerous desire still ends up losing that person to another so why stress yourself?

Are there no better things in life than this crazy dangerous feeling?

I can't forget in a hurry Mrs Dlamini-Haanzele, 38yrs, in Lusaka who latter died in a hospital after she lost the lives of her two children in a ghastly car accident while trailing her unfaithful husband. ..The woman the children are dead and gone but does this stop the man from remarrying? ....so why the stress?
https://zambiareports.com/2013/06/30/woman-38-causes-death-of-her-two-children/

Be wise and get a hold of yourself before you destroy yourself over nothing because nobody and I repeat NOBODY is more important to you than your creator and you...

If you meet someone and you find yourself deeply "in love" with that person,just try to caution yourself and enjoy the union while it lasts and gently walk away if he or she opts out without crossing that thin line between normal desire and a dangerous one.

I don't know if this makes sense.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangerous Desire by dingbang(m): 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
Lmao....
Re: Dangerous Desire by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
Izz Unku Toks again, lemme get my jotter and pen.. wink

6 Likes

Re: Dangerous Desire by Epositive(m): 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
*settles down* cool
Re: Dangerous Desire by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
I have one MAJOR principle where it concerns Humans: Everyone is expendable, even me.

Stop policing your partner jare. It adds nothing to your account balance.

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Desire by Nina4u(f): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
Toks2008:
Watch out!
THE HEART IS ON FIRE!!
Re: Dangerous Desire by Fiwasayo(f): 1:48am On Jun 02, 2017
Following....
Re: Dangerous Desire by Defaramade(m): 1:56am On Jun 02, 2017
Just cycling by ♿
Re: Dangerous Desire by Toks2008(m): 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
Aderola15:
Izz Unku Toks again, lemme get my jotter and pen.. wink

lol! oya start jotting.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Desire by Toks2008(m): 7:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
Lalasticlala I think this is insightful.
Re: Dangerous Desire by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
Driver stop here grin
Re: Dangerous Desire by Toks2008(m): 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
LalaLushness:
Driver stop here grin
Why use lala to start your moniker?

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Desire by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Toks2008:

Why use lala to start your moniker?
My name is lala lalasticlala stole mi name he ain't the only lala here grin
Ask him

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Desire by Davidgrey: 7:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
oh this is shallow! undecided

Love will naturally make "anyone" feel insecure, mental maturity and emotional growth limits all that

The fear of losing(jealousy and insecurities) someone isn't centered around courtship alone even our parents worry about us

Care and worry are closely related, with time and maturity people learn to give freedom to the other person

Relating a naive attribute that certain people display due to lack of "mental and emotion growth" to the concept of "love" is shallow and ignorant

...............And you made "Absolutely" no sense #crap

17 Likes

Re: Dangerous Desire by Toks2008(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
LalaLushness:
My name is lala lalasticlala stole mi name he ain't the only lala here grin Ask him
Hmmm I see..
Re: Dangerous Desire by Toks2008(m): 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
iamadonis2:
Attempt to buy this land at your own peril.

#Booked

Lol! as if there are insentives for space booking.
Re: Dangerous Desire by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2017
Toks2008:

Lol! as if there are insentives for space booking.

Egbon Toks, I know there will be incentives. Wehdone, Sir!
Re: Dangerous Desire by Doctorfitz: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
I warm my love every morning with firewood... grin
Re: Dangerous Desire by Toks2008(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
iamadonis2:

Egbon Toks, I know there will be incentives. Wehdone, Sir!
Remain blessed bro.
Re: Dangerous Desire by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
There is a difference between "love " and "obsession" although most times the two are wrongly used like the op did. Love is gentle, caring, understanding, selfless,considerate, undemanding and harmless. While Obsession is the opposite , although at initial stage it looks like love but when examples sited by the op begins to show, it is not love anymore but obsession. It is one thing to be " in love" with someone, it is another to be "obsessed with " someone.

An obsessed person destroys things or people he or she couldn't get, while A person in love let go. The most important thing human should learn is the habit of letting go ( in positive way) . When you realize that nothing is ever yours in the first place, you will find it easier to heal, get over and let go.All love, feelings, cares, concerns, attention can never be requisited the way you give!

5 Likes

Re: Dangerous Desire by Mimzyy(f): 4:53am On Jun 04, 2017
Well..
Re: Dangerous Desire by Oyindidi(f): 7:59am On Jun 04, 2017
That is so 10 years agogrin he can even be doing it in front of me and I won't move an inch. No time

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Desire by Toks2008(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
Oyindidi:
That is so 10 years agogrin he can even be doing it in front of me and I won't move an inch. No time

Hmmm interesting ..

Lalasticlala I'm sure this makes sense.
Re: Dangerous Desire by ceejayxy(m): 11:29am On Jun 06, 2017
I was a victim of dangerous desire, until I became wiser and started seeing beyond certain illusions.. But my fear is that am not sure if I am100% free from such tendencies
Re: Dangerous Desire by Toks2008(m): 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
ceejayxy:
I was a victim of dangerous desire, until I became wiser and started seeing beyond certain illusions.. But my fear is that am not sure if I am100% free from such tendencies

I'm happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Desire by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
Davidgrey:
oh this is shallow! undecided

Love will naturally make "anyone" feel insecure, mental maturity and emotional growth limits all that

The fear of losing(jealousy and insecurities) someone isn't centered around courtship alone even our parents worry about us

Care and worry are closely related, with time and maturity people learn to give freedom to the other person

Relating a naive attribute that certain people display due to lack of "mental and emotion growth" to the concept of "love" is shallow and ignorant

...............And you made "Absolutely" no sense #crap
Wahala!. grin cheesy
Re: Dangerous Desire by ivyy(f): 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
You made sense but emotionally, most human beings aren't wired that way. For many it's not a feeling that can easily be controlled.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Desire by Toks2008(m): 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
ivyy:
You made sense but emotionally, most human beings aren't wired that way. For many it's not a feeling that can easily be controlled.

We just have to learn how to cos at the end desperate desire most likely willl make us lose that person.
Re: Dangerous Desire by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 10, 2017
ivyy:
Yes it's not easy to get a life, but that's all it takes to get over someone. You owe it to yourself, to your sanity, and not less, to your dignity. No excuses.
Remember, "a beautiful woman is another man's slave..."

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Desire by Ozavize88(f): 8:14am On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Dangerous Desire by ivyy(f): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2017
BoboYekini:
Yes it's not easy to get a life, but that's all it takes to get over someone. You owe it to yourself, to your sanity, and not less, to your dignity. No excuses.

Yea no excuses, none whatsoever.

BoboYekini:
a beautiful woman is another man's slave..."

However no one's a slave in whatever context. Plus I believe the op was generally referring to jilted men and women not men alone. grin
Re: Dangerous Desire by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 10, 2017
ivyy:

Yea no excuses, none whatsoever.

However no one's a slave in whatever context. Plus I believe the op was generally referring to jilted men and women not men alone. grin

It's not just about being jilted. It's also about how you handle rejection.

Guys understand tough talk better is all.
E.g.

Yea? Okay, fùck you. Bottom line, you're worthless and an idiot - the worst combination, and you need to get a life. Have some pride, start with working out and getting new clothes and a new haircut. Keep looking and you'll find another attractive girl. She'll even suck your dick, not that hard to believe trust me.

Do you get it now? smiley That's what I would say to any guy wasting away.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Was Spotted On A Shirt A Nigerian Man In A Commercial Bus (pics) / Nigerian Gay Shares Photos Of His Girlfriend, Says He Is The "Best" / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.