Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,571 members, 7,847,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:46 PM

6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population (19046 Views)

6 Nigerian Cities You Never Knew Existed (no. 4 Will Surprise You Most) / Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mcreloaded:

My aim is to bring awareness to what Wikipedia and other search engines are showing the world even though I know the statistics are 100% wrong . Maybe just maybe this forum will help go a long way in correcting the figures erroneously pasted in these sites

post the wikipedia page. Nagode

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by aribisala0(m): 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2017
As far as indigenous people are concerned Lagos State is majority Muslim. Any indigene even the Christians know that.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by mandarin: 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
There are more Christians in Nigeria than Muslims even though the gap may be 0-5%. Lagos has more Christians than any other states in Nigeria and we can assume at least over 80% of residents are nominal Christians. Indigenous Lagosians are mixed, Muslims, Christians and traditional adherents.
population is a thing of deceit in Nigeria and the entire population thing is bogus and deceitful.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by ewigmee: 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
The whole of southern Nigeria should be like 80% Christians and may be 15% Muslims (manly is sw) and 5% traditionalists. What are they up to with this over whelming lies.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by capatainrambo: 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
odinary nairaland howmany Muslims dey? abegee

5 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by Mcreloaded(m): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
It is not everyday you see afonja and ipob saying the something. So Yoruba's and Igbo's can team up to dispel any wrong facts when Lagos is an issue, men this is nice

2 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by jamislaw(m): 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
So says the Almajiri media houses. This what they talk about in their mosques everyday.... cook up figure....and keep hyping on it till it sticks and be accepted.

For ya info...I have been to all the states of Nigeria as a Consultant.

Kaduna has less than 50% of Muslim population.
Nasarawa has less than 30% of muslim population
Lagos has less than 30% of muslims
Adamawa has less than 50%of muslims
Kogi has less than 48% of muslims
Kebbi has less than 60% Muslims
Sokoto has about 78% of muslims
Kano has indigenous Christians of 15%. Aside Migrants.
Jigawa also has 20% indigenous Christians. Aside Migrants
Katsina, Bauchi, zamfara all have indigenous Christians.

But due to the Orientation of Islam as a political movement of dominating others, u hardly observe these Christians in the polity of these HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims dominated states. They treat them as infidels and nonentities when it comes to holding political power. This is the MAJOR problem of Nigeria today.
lol this figure keep me laughing Stop masturbating and face reality.
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by jamislaw(m): 2:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
iluvdonjazzy:
OP u can lie, Kaduna christians and muslim are 50/50, Lagos christian 70% the rest 30%, even in Kano christians 30%, Brounu christian is still 25%
which Kaduna state? Apart from Sabo, Gonin gora where do you see christains population? Only Rigasa Population can cover those places i mentioned.
In Kaduna state christains separate their selves to stay far from the town, only places you will see christains filling at home is Kaduna south am not saying southern Kaduna o, places​ like Kakuri, Barnawa and some part of nassarawa.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by jamislaw(m): 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
ewigmee:
The whole of southern Nigeria should be like 80% Christians and may be 15% Muslims (manly is sw) and 5% traditionalists. What are they up to with this over whelming lies.
lol get your figure right, Stop masturbating.
Some one even wrote christains dominate Kogi state lol.
You can find good number of christains in kogi west, kogi central despise christains which is Ebira people, Kogi east is mostly Muslim you can even count the christains in kogi East.
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by deedeedee1: 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
cktheluckyman:
Anyone who stays in Lagos and actually believes there are more Muslims in Lagos than Christians needs his/her brains examined
They might share equal percentage.
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by Biggcake: 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2017
TheLogicalMind:
Lies, lies and more lies. You should change your name to LIE MADHAMAD.

He is an executive idiota. For which Lagos? The whr i dey or another one?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by Biggcake: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
walemoney007:
The Muslim population in lagos can't be more than 45%
For where? Not even up to 30percent.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by gevans(m): 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
this is not true

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by Samunique(m): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mcreloaded:

My aim is to bring awareness to what Wikipedia and other search engines are showing the world even though I know the statistics are 100% wrong . Maybe just maybe this forum will help go a long way in correcting the figures erroneously pasted in these sites
Cool !!!

That's what our Muslim's brothers have been busy doing !

They always after population .

2 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by kamalcole3000: 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
cktheluckyman:
Anyone who stays in Lagos and actually believes there are more Muslims in Lagos than Christians needs his/her brains examined
Can't be better put than that
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by KratosCorp: 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2017
It is now showing 0% for all SOUTH SOUTH and South East states.

BininKingdom:
Even on wikipedia, I checked the population of Muslims in all the states in Nigeria, they just increase all to make it seem Muslim dominate Christians in Nigeria.

Imo state has 20% of muslims. imagine. the northern states are all islamic
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by AworiLagosian: 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mumu post

Lagos and Kaduna are Trash statistics.
How can 80% of Kaduna be muslim?

People by know should know already never to take any thing from that NAIJ.com serious.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by malton: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2017
muykem:
Your Lagos statistic can't be correct. Muslim is not more than Christian in Lagos.

The entire stat is wrong.
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by malton: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
So says the Almajiri media houses. This what they talk about in their mosques everyday.... cook up figure....and keep hyping on it till it sticks and be accepted.

For ya info...I have been to all the states of Nigeria as a Consultant.

Kaduna has less than 50% of Muslim population.
Nasarawa has less than 30% of muslim population
Lagos has less than 30% of muslims
Adamawa has less than 50%of muslims
Kogi has less than 48% of muslims
Kebbi has less than 60% Muslims
Sokoto has about 78% of muslims
Kano has indigenous Christians of 15%. Aside Migrants.
Jigawa also has 20% indigenous Christians. Aside Migrants
Katsina, Bauchi, zamfara all have indigenous Christians.

But due to the Orientation of Islam as a political movement of dominating others, u hardly observe these Christians in the polity of these HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims dominated states. They treat them as infidels and nonentities when it comes to holding political power. This is the MAJOR problem of Nigeria today.

Indisputable fact.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by laudate: 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
veraponpo:
I may not be sure in totality with your statistics but I am sure that :

Taraba is predominantly a Christian State (90%)
Same for Benue (90%)
Same for Plateau (90%)
Nassarawa is about 50/50
Adamawa is 55% Muslim, 45% Christian

Even Gombe state has a number of its citizens who are Christians.
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by malton: 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
laudate:

Even Gombe state has a number of its citizens who are Christians.

Christian population there should be about 35% or more.
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by tuniski: 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
cktheluckyman:
You are the one who needs your prescription!
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by Kingspin(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bombers u mean.
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by Kingspin(m): 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
cktheluckyman:
This is what they preach in the mosques every Friday. After that killing sermon fellow. Nobody get time to teacher them how to live in peace with others at all if not why do they kill people daily? Bad orientation. These people need change more than any human being on earth thats if the world particular Nigeria will ever get peace. Their religion madness has gone beyond.
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Yoruba Muslims and Christians at best share an equal population. However I think we Christians are more. Also considering the fact that SE and SS represent the 2nd and 3rd most present ethnic group in Lagos. For instance Lag population is 21M, Yorubas could be 10M with 50% for each religion. The SS could be 5 million with almost 95% christian while the SE could be 4 million with 98% Christians. Northerners which could be 1 million represent 60% of Muslims while the rest could be left for other west African and foreign immigrants.
This projection would leave the Christian population of Lagos at about 14 million.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by vicben27(m): 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
dat statistics. about kaduna state is a furkin lie!
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by BininKingdom: 5:31am On Jun 04, 2017
KratosCorp:
It is now showing 0% for all SOUTH SOUTH and South East states.

you edited?
they will still change it again
Re: 6 Nigerian States With Largest Muslim Population by olusam1974: 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
But among Yoruba ,Ekiti State has 80% christians and Ondo State also has 80% christians,i can say Ekiti State and Ondo State has the highest christians among the Yoruba.

I just confirmed from a friend from Kogi State,she told me that Kogi State has 80% christians,that they have highest of Christians than Muslim.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: How Suleiman Abba's Poor Memory Exposed His Own Lies / Shettima Has The Best 2019 Campaign Dance? Scatters Rally With Dancing Steps / Arotile: We Will Release Findings On Sunday, Says NAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.