Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

What Do You Have To Lose South-south? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Have To Lose South-south? (1311 Views)

Serving Ministers, Social Gathering Leaders Made APC To Lose South East / Governor Rochas Okorocha Will Make APC Lose South East ~ Osita Ikechukwu (von DG / Ohanaeze Youths To PDP: Give VP Slot To Us, Or Lose South East To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by EzeUche(m): 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
In words made famous by American President Trump, when he asked Black Americans what do you have to lose by voting for him.

I ask the non-Igbo South-South what do you have to lose by joining the Igbo in their struggle?

- Your land is polluted.

- Your people drink polluted water.

- Your people have no jobs.

- No oil companies are found in your region.

- Your wealth enriches Abuja and Lagos

- The Northern elite has become wealthy off your resources

- The Yoruba consider you Omo Ibo. They do not know the difference between the Igbo and South-South

- Ken Saro Wiwa and Adaka Boro were betrayed by them

- Goodluck Jonathan your son was not given a chance

- They militarized your region

- Remember what they did to Odi.

So what do you have to lose by joining the Igbos, who have been your neighbors for hundreds of years?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by Xway(m): 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
EzeUche:
In words made famous by American President Trump, when he asked Black Americans what do you have to lose by voting for him.

I ask the non-Igbo South-South what do you have to lose by joining the Igbo in their struggle?

- Your land is polluted.

- Your people drink polluted water.

- Your people have no jobs.

- No oil companies are found in your region.

- Your wealth enriches Abuja and Lagos

- The Northern elite has become wealthy off your resources

- The Yoruba consider you Omo Ibo. They do not know the difference between the Igbo and South-South

So what do you have to lose by joining the Igbos, who have been your neighbors for hundreds of years?
Bro those guys will remain slavein Nigeria.
In as much as iam concern, Non of them is making any move to liberate Niger delta.
Even militants are all after there pockets.

I wish IPOB supreme command will delete this guys from our map.
Until they wake up from there slumber.

By seen what ignorance and exessive greed have caused them it z gonna be fucking priceless.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by SuperS1Panther: 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
What did you offered them under the Eastern Region and Biafrau'd apart from:

1, Forcing all of them to learn Igbo in all schools.

2. Lording it over them.

3. Oppressing them etc You can remember the return of Zik to Eastern Region. Who did he displaced?

They should be on their own.

Why or what is the eternal phobia of Ipods for being alone?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by seunmsg(m): 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
They call advocates of one Nigeria unity beggars but here they are begging other minority tribes in the south south to join their Biafra simply because of oil. This thread will show the hypocrisy of those advocating for the dissolution of Nigeria. The Biafra agitation is not borne out of any altruistic intention but a desire to create a colony where ibo's will dominate the minorities and their resources.

Why can't the Igbo tribe stand alone? Why can't you guys advocate for an entirely ibo nation? The south east as presently constituted is big enough to be a country, there is absolutely no need pressure other minority tribes to join you.

Time and time again, tribes in the south south have clearly rejected the idea of joining Biafra. Governor Wike made it very clear this week. Bayelsan showed your people sege last week and Cross River, Edo and Akwa Ibom are no go area.

What then is the motivation for always opening this kind of blackmailing thread against the south south? The answer should be clear to everybody, OIL! Oil is the only motivating factor for the attache by force but good enough, the south south tribes can read in between.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
Good to read from you again brother.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by EzeUche(m): 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
seunmsg:
They call advocates of one Nigeria unity beggars but here they are begging other minority tribes in the south south to join their Biafra simply because of oil. This thread will show the hypocrisy of those advocating for the dissolution of Nigeria. The Biafra agitation is not borne out of any altruistic intention but a desire to create a colony where ibo's will dominate the minorities and their resources.

Why can't the Igbo tribe stand alone? Why can't you guys advocate for an entirely ibo nation? The south east as presently constituted is big enough to be a country, there is absolutely no need pressure other minority tribes to join you.

Time and time again, tribes in the south south have clearly rejected the idea of joining Biafra. Governor Wike made it very clear this week. Bayelsan showed your people sege last week and Cross River, Edo and Akwa Ibom are no go area.

What then is the motivation for always opening this kind of blackmailing thread against the south south? The answer should be clear to everybody, OIL! Oil is the only motivating factor for the attache by force but good enough, the south south tribes can read in between.

No one is blackmailing them. If they want to remain in this contraption, then so be it.

A referendum will decide if they want to join us or not. It will not be by force like it is in Nigeria

If they reject Biafra, I will wish them good luck and we will move on.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by DocHMD: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ewedu muslims are have been shouting 'Igbos want SS oil' for 40 years and kanu have told them severally- 'In Biafra it is 100% Resource control, the word minority will be expunged because no one can be a minority in their land.'

The worn-out 'SE wants SS oil' is now an overused propaganda that even true SSners have seen through as pure scare-mongering in order to keep the Niger delta enslaved in nigeria.

Ewedu muslims must cry!

grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by ProWalker: 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
DocHMD:
Ewedu muslims are have been Igbos want SS oil for 40 years and kanu have told them severally- 'In Biafra it is 100% Resource control, the word minority will be expunged because no one can be a minority in their land.'

The worn-out 'SE wants SS oil' is now an overused propaganda that even true SSners have seen through as pure scare-mongering in order to keep the Niger delta enslaved in nigeria.

Ewedu muslims must cry!

grin grin

Yeye boy.
Your own no dey pass ewedu muslim afonjaa shouts grin grin cheesy.
You Igbos keep dangling carrots to the minorities the way banana is thrown at monkeys. By way of the population, you don't need to label them as minority before you treat them like minorities.
Ezeuche, why do you want to have the South South mostly minority tribes into your Biafra. What is your objective(s).?

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by Omofunaab2: 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
Lol, unity beggar

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by deedeedee1: 5:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
Op you lied. Yoruba people can differentiate igbos from edo, calabar, ijaw, iteshkiri, urhobo. Just that we all seem to combine different tribes into one. Example is calling efik, anang, ibibio as calabar. Also you can make a point without mentioning yoruba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by ProWalker: 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
deedeedee1:
Op you lied. Yoruba people can differentiate igbos from edo, calabar, ijaw, iteshkiri, urhobo. Just that we all seem to combine different tribes into one. Example is calling efik, anang, ibibio as calabar. Also you can make a point without mentioning yoruba

Well, we are used to that now, that is the only way their threads can have any semblance of traffic. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by EzeUche(m): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
ProWalker my objective is freedom.

Even though my priority is the Igbo, I am half Ibibio and I care deeply for my Mum's people.

So what else do they have to lose?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by EzeUche(m): 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
deedeedee1:

Liar! My first name is Ibibio and I am always confused for Omo Ibo in Lagos when I say my first name.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by ProWalker: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
EzeUche:
ProWalker my objective is freedom.

Even though my priority is the Igbo, I am half Ibibio and I care deeply for my Mum's people.

So what else do they have to lose?

Well I think they are better off on their own, no single tribe will be able to lord over others in such instance, unlike a union with a clear population advantage such as the Igbos.
Igbos should stop seeking out a union by force with these people, who are clearly disdainful towards the Igbos.
What do they have to lose? Clearly, they will gradually lose their identity for the Igbo identity and in less than 50 years, all traces of their own identity would have been subdued by the Igbos. That is what will happen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by EzeUche(m): 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
ProWalker:

Well I think they are better off on their own, no single tribe will be able to lord over others in such instance, unlike a union with a clear population advantage such as the Igbos.
Igbos should stop seeking out a union by force with these people, who are clearly disdainful towards the Igbos.
What do they have to lose? Clearly, they will gradually lose their identity for the Igbo identity and in less than 50 years, all traces of their own identity would have been subdued by the Igbos. That is what will happen.

First, are you Yoruba? If you are, the East does not concern you.

If you are not Yoruba, but from the East, they can either vote for Biafra or vote to stay in Nigeria right. That is their choice.

But the status quo cannot hold. Those of us who who know region know the problems that impact the people.

The skies over my city of Port Harcourt are often dark becaus of pollution. Children play in polluted water and the people are destitute.

The choice is clear.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by deedeedee1: 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
EzeUche:

Liar! My first name is Ibibio and I am always confused for Omo Ibo in Lagos when I say my first name.
What is your first name? Eze or uche?
Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by ProWalker: 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
EzeUche:

First, are you Yoruba? If you are, the East does not concern you.

If you are not Yoruba, but from the East, they can either vote for Biafra or vote to stay in Nigeria right. That is their choice.

But the status quo cannot hold. Those of us who who know region know the problems that impact the people.

The skies over my city of Port Harcourt are often dark becaus of pollution. Children play in polluted water and the people are destitute.

The choice is clear.

You will not be allowed to run away with minorities. You intention to grab their land, sea and oil is clear. You are the real southern Nigeria parasites

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by EzeUche(m): 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
ProWalker:

You will not be allowed to run away with minorities. You intention to grab their land, sea and oil is clear. You are the real southern Nigeria parasites

You must be Yoruba.

Stay out of Eastern affairs.

It does not concern your people and face Nigeria or Oduduwa Republic

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by ProWalker: 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
EzeUche:

You must be Yoruba.

Stay out of Eastern affairs.

It does not concern your people and face Nigeria or Oduduwa Republic

By implication Delta and Edo were never Eastern affairs.
Your intention is very clear, unfortunately for you this is NL and you can't determine what you want

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by omenkaLives(m): 6:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
Fvcking unity beggars. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by Debatesmartly: 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Look at how their beloved Nigeria has treated one of their Own GEJ
Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by EzeUche(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
ProWalker:

By implication Delta and Edo were never Eastern affairs.
Your intention is very clear, unfortunately for you this is NL and you can't determine what you want

Like I said stay out of Eastern and Igbo affairs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by koladebrainiac(m): 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
They have lots to lose coz by the time they leave Nigeria
They are minority
Scattered. Around south south
They wont form allegiance with the Igbos
Then they wont be able to unite
There will be war
Internal war n america will make sure they annex them one by one
Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by Amberon11: 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
Actually they cannot do without mentioning Yoruba at all. Even I as an urhobo don't know the difference between the bolded, I just call them Calabar. When I was a child I thought all northerners were hausas. I even thought Fulanis weren't Nigerians. Does it mean they aren't from their various ethnic groups? No

deedeedee1:

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by victorvezx(m): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
Biafra unity beggars everywhere. The desperation for the massive South South Oil is real.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by ProWalker: 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
EzeUche:

Take such Igbo affairs to a wholly Igbo affairs forum andsee if you will see any Nigerian there
This is our forum

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by Amberon11: 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
And because of that we should join Biafra? How does that stop you from being half Ibibio?
EzeUche:

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by OAUTemitayo: 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
EzeUche:

The same thing Igbos are losing in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by slivertongue: 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
seunmsg:
They are begging other minority tribes in the south south to join their Biafra simply because of oil.

The Biafra agitation is not borne out of any altruistic intention but a desire to create a colony where ibo's will dominate the minorities and their resources.

OIL! Oil is the only motivating factor for the attache by force but good enough, the south south tribes can read in between.

The above assumption doesnt explain the relations between the agitators of Biafra and other polities in the Niger Delta. The oil sentiment was what Saro Wiwa and co traded on during the civil war and decades after the war the resources of the Niger Delta can be traced to Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna ,foreign vaults etc.

how much of the oil wealth is traceable to East? who owns the oil wells? The Niger Delta is far more wiser than this narrative of 1967. Those who applied this narrative to hold down the Oil bearing region are still bent on exploiting them by using mundane and outdated setiments. The South East no doubt needs the Niger Delta states of Akwa ibom, Cross river, Bayelsa and Rivers, they need friendly neighbours and if i get the OP right, he is only asking the above mentioned states to decide their destiny. Join them to fight to for a restructured Nigeria or join to fight for their own nation. its a win-win situation. The closeness of the Efiks and Ibibios to the East is beyond geopolitical zone, same as the anangs and the Izon kingdom. These groups are no push overs, they werent in the 1960's. The rate of marriage between them is quite high and its also a tool for productive inter group relations.

The North Central and the Niger Delta know their oppressors and not the make belief that has been projected for decades

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by deedeedee1: 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
EzeUche:

No one is blackmailing them. If they want to remain in this contraption, then so be it.

A referendum will decide if they want to join us or not. It will not be by force like it is in Nigeria

If they reject Biafra, I will wish them good luck and we will move on.
Why exactly must they have referendum to join you? Why not allow them stay on there own? You and i know that if the minority south e.g Ijaws are to choose between Ijaw republic and Biafra, they will choose the former. If you truly love them like you claim then you should know that carving majority Igbos could destroy their culture and their native language. If truly you want them to enjoy their resources, then let them stay on their own. If Nigeria separate you Igbos should better prepare for the worst because just like you want to be free, the minorities wish same. They do not want to stay with the three majority.
They want to enjoy their god given resources so let them be!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by EmeriitusMbaM: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2017
Shameless unity beggars. Igbos have no shame at all, spits.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Lose South-south? by PapaBrowne(m): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
Let me share my issues with the Biafra project!

First most of South South would gladly support a partnership that would see a united front with the South East.

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Based Nigerian Man Asks God To Forgive Him For Ever Pledging To Nigeria / CBN Replies Senate, Says Not Selling Dollars To Anyone At N200 Rate / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Daily Sun Newspaper Headlines [10th October, 2017]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.