Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! (23019 Views)

My Sister's Husband Wants To Sleep With Me / Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / My Husband Wants Divorce After Taking My Late Husband’s Possessions – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Juzzybabe(f): 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
In my previous threads https://www.nairaland.com/2056750/advice-he-wants-me-leave and https://www.nairaland.com/3164242/advice-after-two-wasted-years, i did express how disappointed I will be if this man comes back after years to claim a child he never cared for. Thank God this forum has been going on well and my stories are still available.

Late 2016, I got messages from friends on Facebook asking me what happened to my marriage as my husband had created a new Facebook name and has been sending them a petition filed against me for divorce and custody of our child. I was advised to ignore as the petition was 1. not signed and 2. he didn't send it to me or any of my immediate families but rather friends on Facebook with this which am sure was to disgrace me. I only advised friends who contacted me to ignore him.

One may wonder what will such a man still have to claim after all he and his parents did? Yes he claimed a lot of lies such as...we were in our matrimonial home and he went to work on this fateful day and by the time he return I had escaped the house(All who followed my story knows I was in his parents house while he was in Dubai until 2015 when he visited and beat me to pulp in 8months old pregnancy and left in march 2015 back to Dubai). That I attempted abortions severally. That I did patronized herbalist and confessed to him. That I labored our first child for hours and ended up with CS...These and many more.

Well, the annoying part is that this guy went to court and have them issued a court proceeding to my Aunt whose house the traditional (in our absent) was done in 2014 stating that was the address they know me to be residing. Well, I had to get all hands on desk as I wish to have my Aunt and her family out of all this mess. He is requesting divorce and custody of our baby. Since May 2015 when I left up to this moment,the only support he give was 40k which he send 20k each for September/October 2015 and has not given any support to the growth and welfare of the child aside that up till now. It has been me alone. Now he wants custody of a 2+ year old child he knows nothing about.

I have been talking to a Lawyer whom I want to take up the case. This is my story people. We all fall in love at one point in our lives, and this is what i got from the one man i ever loved , this is where my feelings has led me. The heart of man is desperately wicked as the Bible says. I am 1001% not guilty of his false and lying accusations, I know God is by my side and I will grow this child to be the a better woman and a loving human.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Berbierklaus(f): 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Lalasticlala please post this on front page so professional legal advicers can help this woman,I'm fed up of men who use kids as a tool to fight their wives when things turn sour....

Sorry madam,but how did you get yourself into this mess....
Be ready to find very good lawyers and part with very good money to win this case,whatever you do don't give up your child.
(Marriage does not favour women in Nigeria,in facts its like a cage for women,yet every other woman is dying to enter one.)

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Juzzybabe(f): 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Berbierklaus:
Lalasticlala please post this on front page so professional legal advicers can help this woman,I'm fed up of men who use kids as a tool to fight their wives when things turn sour....

Sorry madam,but how did you get yourself into this mess....
Be ready to find very good lawyers and part with very good money to win this case,whatever you do don't give up your child.
(Marriage does not favour women in Nigeria,in facts its like a cage for women,yet every other woman is dying to enter one.)

Thank you. Love got me in this o. But my child, I can't see a genuine reason why any law should favour this man after all he's done to me. Good thing is I am out of Nigeria with my child, all thanks to well meaning people on this forum who stood by me in thick and thin of this trouble. I committed no crime having a child for him after marriage neither did I commit a crime by surviving a C-section to bear him a child. So what is now my crime that after he has made me a single mother, he is bent on stealing the only comfort I have left?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Eketem: 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
You should have filed first, you have now given him more power

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Selfish man choi embarassed
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by prettyangel10(f): 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pele Juzzybabe, you have really gone through a lot. I pray that God'll see you through.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by sisisioge: 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Omg! I remember your story dear. Biko, take him down and out! Like forever!

Firstly, the court always have more sympathy for women.

Secondly, courts mostly would not award custody of 0-5yrs old babies to men. Court prefers to leave them with their mothers so long as the mothers are proved worthy.

Thirdly, stop letting this guy follow you. Stop letting him read about your moves and planned moves. For all you know, dude might have traced you to NL.

Get your lawyer, get prepared and take him down! In fact, Waka go court go tell them your new address, disown your Aunt's and your relatives address then do the needful. Whotheforkdoesthemoraforkerthinkshehis? Whew!

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by sisisioge: 7:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
Juzzybabe:

Thank you. Love got me in this o. But my child, I can't see a genuine reason why any law should favour this man after all he's done to me. Good thing is I am out of Nigeria with my child, all thanks to well meaning people on this forum who stood by me in thick and thin of this trouble. I committed no crime having a child for him after marriage neither did I commit a crime by surviving a C-section to bear him a child. So what is now my crime that after he has made me a single mother, he is bent on stealing the only comfort I have left?

Good to know you are out of town. Let him continue to build his case in the wind. Whew! E-hugs.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by FynBabe(f): 7:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Juzzybabe, are you still on this matter?
You should have granted him the divorce since you were equally no longer interested in the marriage. On what grounds is he demanding for the custody of the child?
I am not a lawyer but I doubt if any court of law will grant him custody because the child is too small.
Please, grant his divorce wish and get it behind you.
May heaven give you all the strength that you need at this time.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by ahnie: 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
Juzzybae I remembered your story very well.also how Dr thorpido and some good members on this forum assisted you financially and also gave you insights concerning immunizing your baby on rota/Bcg/penta and the rest.not forgetting your wicked Mil.that your estrange hubby can lie for Africa eeh.pls never let go of your Baby,no matter what.

13 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by makydebbie(f): 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
Why do I have the feeling he knows you're on nl?

Ma'am really i feel for you. My cousin is a single mum and I know it's not easy at all. But it's good you're far from him. The comments above have said it all.

It's well.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Juzzybabe(f): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
FynBabe:
Juzzybabe, are you still on this matter?
You should have granted him the divorce since you were equally no longer interested in the marriage. On what grounds is he demanding for the custody of the child?
I am not a lawyer but I doubt if any court of law will grant him custody because the child is too small.
Please, grant his divorce wish and get it behind you.
May heaven give you all the strength that you need at this time.

Trust me I am very willing to grant him divorce but his condition is divorce + custody. I have been suffering alone raising this kid as a single mother which I never wish for myself. You need to see the petition he filed, so full of lies. He even send me threatening messages and call me to send him the ring and marriage certificate via DHL and assume we are divorced but I could not accept that as it was never the right way. Now out of the blues he wants to claim a child he has no love for but just to hurt me... not while am alive!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Juzzybabe(f): 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
sisisioge:
Omg! I remember your story dear. Biko, take him down and out! Like forever!

Firstly, the court always have more sympathy for women.

Secondly, courts mostly would not award custody of a 0-5yrs old babies to men. Court prefers to leave them with their mothers so long as the mothers are proved worthy.

Thirdly, stop letting this guy follow you. Stop letting him read about your moves and planned moves. For all you know, dude might have traced you to NL.

Get your lawyer, get prepared and take him down! In fact, Waka go court go them your new address, disown your Aunt's and your relatives address then do the needful. Whotheforkdoesthemoraforkerthinkshehis? Whew!

I hope this time it gets finalised. I will forever remain grateful to all who encourage me to move with my baby even though I would have rather stayed than leave without her. Let him come and claim her where we are. The only reason am brining in a Lawyer and giving him the attention he seeks is because of my aunt who is worried about the court proceeding issued at her residence. My my God will disgrace he and his family.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Juzzybabe(f): 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
makydebbie:
Why do I have the feeling he knows you're on nl?

Ma'am really i feel for you. My cousin is a single mum and I know it's not easy at all. But it's good you're far from him. The comments above have said it all.

It's well.

My dear, even if he knows am here, he can do nothing. I have tried to keep this calm and protect his family name for the sake of my baby. she bears the name. but this guy has sent out the so called legal petition to all my Facebook contacts, my name and his are written in that document. He has been exposing himself and people have been asking me about my marriage but I always tell them to just ignore. Am sure this case will give us both social popularity cuz am very ready now to tell the world what they did to me all in a bid to protect my kid from that wicked man and his family.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Arian11(m): 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
a man beating an 8 months pregnant lady.....please cave his skull in with a crowbar.....that is callous and a devilish act....a preg.....that dude deserves a fate far worse that the devil.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Edopesin: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
Men Can Be Heartless Sometimes SMH
OP what state is the idiat

jst asking

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
smiley
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by exlinkleads(f): 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
watin u do?
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Akshow: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Pavore9: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Sighs....Hope it ends for the best.
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Slymonster(m): 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Women this days lie a lot.How are we sure he never catered for them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by fineboynl(m): 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
..don't worry marriage will soon be outlawed worldwide. I am currently working on a bill to put a stop to this madness. it's nothing but a mental scam don't you see? think about the stress and mental agony. how are we humans bettered than fish and birds. who only mate for kids. Bleep the honey moon. it only come back as pain.
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Juzzybabe I hate to do this but I have to be blunt with you, like fvcking blunt.
Media sensationalism is a strategy, but like APC's corruption fight, we know how it usually ends.
This is a case for the courts, and so appealing to our emotions would only evoke our empathy and nothing more. A case is won on the strength of the evidence presented before the court and the brilliance of your legal team.
If you cry here all day and create a thousand threads but don't argue ur case well, you would lose custody of your child and heaven wouldn't fall. If he doesn't get custody, he could argue that you aren't emotionally stable either and custody would be awarded to a third party.
Accept my empathy too, I'm touched by your story but the law is blind

PS: Reading through the comments, isn't it bemusing that Nigerians are always true to type. Look how everyone has gone uber spiritual here. Why don't we sit her down and tell her the blunt truth? If she loses this case, would you say God failed her?
Pls let's think with sentiments far from our side

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Pavore9: 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
Juzzybabe:

As long as you have not been certified mentally fragmented and proof of his limited financial provision towards the upkeep of the child so far, a good lawyer should get the court to award you custody and get him to make monthly payments for the child's support while he also get to spend time with the child.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
Seeing these things gives me goose pimples about tying the knot.

Op i wish you well in your battle. The Lord will be with you

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
Slymonster:
Women this days lie a lot.How are we sure he never catered for them.
Shut up

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by paymentvoucher: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
huh
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by liftedhigh: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ok
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Cyberbaze(m): 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Husband Is A Kleptomaniac, LASTMA Official Tells Court / Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / What's So Special About Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.