Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,282 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! (23055 Views)

My Sister's Husband Wants To Sleep With Me / Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / My Husband Wants Divorce After Taking My Late Husband’s Possessions – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Slymonster(m): 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
Shut up

You see,I made my contribution and I get a shut up by a lady..I will not trade words​ with riffraff like you.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
majekdom2:
Lols.. "in peace". It does not follow the discussion on this thread... keep it to yourself in "peace"
its a public forum ,not your personal property, if you can't bear to see it ,log out or keep scrolling, simple. I will say it over and over again, from our forefathers till now ,a great percentage of men have been wicked with over bloated ego,now swerve!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Juzzybabe(f): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2017
Keneking:
Who are you staying with in the abroad? Another man? Or Nairalanders?

This story is not adding up...where is Mynd44 and lalasticlala sef

I live with my mother.
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Juzzybabe(f): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2017
Keneking:
Who are you staying with in the abroad? Another man? Or Nairalanders?

This story is not adding up...where is Mynd44 and lalasticlala sef

I live with my mother
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
frenzyduchess:
its a public forum ,not your personal property, if you can't bear to see it ,log out or keep scrolling, simple. I will say it over and over again, from our forefathers till now ,a [b]great percentage of men have been wicked [/b]with over bloated ego,now swerve!
you a bit slow to understand my point... I don't blame you anyways. Like I said in my posts earlier... does the blame laying solve the problem you alleged or will it stop the son you may perhaps bear from being wicked or the husband you may marry that will kick you when you are pregnant or maybe your brother's that's somewhere committing crime!
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by LexngtonSteele: 10:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mayflowa:

You are just a funny guy. Oya, let me tell you a personal story. My mum has two children before my single dad with no child married her. Though it was one of them that lived with us. I had become an adult before I knew my eldest sister wasn't born by my father. That should tell you something!

Finally...you woke me up, Chief! But if you do a random survey, you would still appreciate that it's a rare case and not the norm.

No wonder, you were so insistent. grin

But be frank, hardly will you see someone willingly choose a tokunbo car over brand new. Let's be frank and not politically correct.

In most cases,MARKET VALUE in descending order :

1. Single gal no kids
2. Widow no kid
3. Widow, 1 kid, not present (lower the better)
4. Divorcee, no kid
5. Divorced, 1 kid not present (lower the better)
6. Widow/ Divorcee, kids PRESENT (shocked shocked shocked )

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
A woman should leave her lil child for a man and his family? No wonder absentee fathers are on the rise. They have been made to believe they can walk back anytime and claim the child. After all, he donated the sperm.

OP, please get a good lawyer and fight for your child. No judge would even grant such a lil child to the father, except you're unfit or totally incapable of training a child.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Slymonster(m): 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
Efewestern:

you are not making sense. how can a pregnant woman cheat on her husband, please if you have nothing to contribute just waka go.

Who is this one again?

I don waka o
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by lolaluv1(f): 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
Juzzybabe:
In my previous threads https://www.nairaland.com/2056750/advice-he-wants-me-leave and https://www.nairaland.com/3164242/advice-after-two-wasted-years, i did express how disappointed I will be if this man comes back after years to claim a child he never cared for. Thank God this forum has been going on well and my stories are still available.

Late 2016, I got messages from friends on Facebook asking me what happened to my marriage as my husband had created a new Facebook name and has been sending them a petition filed against me for divorce and custody of our child. I was advised to ignore as the petition was 1. not signed and 2. he didn't send it to me or any of my immediate families but rather friends on Facebook with this which am sure was to disgrace me. I only advised friends who contacted me to ignore him.

One may wonder what will such a man still have to claim after all he and his parents did? Yes he claimed a lot of lies such as...we were in our matrimonial home and he went to work on this fateful day and by the time he return I had escaped the house(All who followed my story knows I was in his parents house while he was in Dubai until 2015 when he visited and beat me to pulp in 8months old pregnancy and left in march 2015 back to Dubai). That I attempted abortions severally. That I did patronized herbalist and confessed to him. That I labored our first child for hours and ended up with CS...These and many more.

Well, the annoying part is that this guy went to court and have them issued a court proceeding to my Aunt whose house the traditional (in our absent) was done in 2014 stating that was the address they know me to be residing. Well, I had to get all hands on desk as I wish to have my Aunt and her family out of all this mess. He is requesting divorce and custody of our baby. Since May 2015 when I left up to this moment,the only support he give was 40k which he send 20k each for September/October 2015 and has not given any support to the growth and welfare of the child aside that up till now. It has been me alone. Now he wants custody of a 2+ year old child he knows nothing about.

I have been talking to a Lawyer whom I want to take up the case. This is my story people. We all fall in love at one point in our lives, and this is what i got from the one man i ever loved , this is where my feelings has led me. The heart of man is desperately wicked as the Bible says. I am 1001% not guilty of his false and lying accusations, I know God is by my side and I will grow this child to be the a better woman and a loving human.

My dear sister, fear not. For your enemy is fighting a lost battle and at this stage is only grasping at straws. Do you seriously think the court will award an absentee father custody? Lol.

Let's even leave the issue of carrying for 9 months and pushing out.
Who does the child reach for when she wakes up from a nightmare? Who rocks her to sleep? Who baths her? Who took her for his vaccinations? Who takes her to school, helps with her homework, attend PTA meetings? Who takes her for her hairdo? Who is the one who has been there from day one, sitting to watch her infant head and desperately sponging her with tepid water during baby fevers to prevent seizures?
I could go on and on and on. You, my dear, are what the court calls "PRIMARY CAREGIVER". You can never lose that baby. Just shift your emotions aside and gather the facts of the case. Cold, clinical facts.

Not only will he lose custody but he should be made to pay monthly child support and damages for beating you while 8months pregnant.
Imagine the nerve! The guts!
Well, I dont blame him. It's the bleeped up country we find ourselves. But be brave, dear sis. All will be well.

And let me add this.
He is doing this to spite you. The child is the last vestige of control he has over you and he will either give the child to his mother or to his sister. Or get a stepmum who will be using stainless plate to konk her head. And we cant allow that because non of those women can love or take care of her like you. I born am for mouth and I born am for yansh/CS nor be the same.

#hugs

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by eyinjuege: 10:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:
There's nothing I hate the most more than ANY parent that uses children as a weapon during a divorce.

The only pertinent question is this, "What is in the best interest of the child?". Ask yourself that question every minute of the ensuing melle and let that guide you. That the father allegedly didn't provide is partial. There's a difference between financial support and parental relationship.

I wish the child the best of luck, the adults will be okay.

A responsible father/mother should provide for his/her child. What has the child been feeding on? How about his schooling/ fees? Has he been sleeping under the bridge? What of clothing or he's been running around naked exposed to the elements all this while?
What kind of parent beats a pregnant woman? Who in their right senses wants to leave a child alone with such a violent man? Such a child is at risk.

That's definitely not in the best interest of the child. He shouldn't have custody of that child, he may have visitation afterall he's the father.
Haven't you heard of parents maiming or even killing their children? Both in Nig and abroad.

At OP,Juzzybabe:

That's why every act of violence must be reported to the police and filed in their records. At the police station, make sure you take pictures, have copies, and let the police also have copies of the pics showing your bruises, and your physical state.
From police station, straight to the hospital, preferable a govt hospital. Let the Dr document your injuries and treatment. Tell them you will still come for hospital report so they can do their documentation well. Depending on the level of your injuries, you may go to the hospital first to treat yourself before the police station.
You never know when all these things will come in handy.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
majekdom2:
you a bit slow to understand my point... I don't blame you anyways. Like I said in my posts earlier... does the blame laying solve the problem you alleged or will it stop the son you may perhaps bear from being wicked or the husband you may marry that will kick you when you are pregnant or maybe your brother's that's somewhere committing crime!
actually you are the slow one, how does stating a fact amount to laying blame?,if my husband turns out to be wicked, I won't hesitate to leave, what a woman really needs is money and children,not a dick

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by favourmic(m): 10:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
To be honest I think this is no longer ordinary eyes your husband need prayer that all I can say I pity the little kids not you.
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
frenzyduchess:
actually you are the slow one, how does stating a fact amount to laying blame?,if my husband turns out to be wicked, I won't hesitate to leave, what a woman really needs is money and children,not a dick
how about when your brother commits murder or when your son rapes an 8 year old. Your fact stating does nt help the situation, rather than state facts say your opinion on how to make the "fact" a positive one. Thats what progressive people do. I didn't ask you what a woman needs... Thanks.m.. thats what you need not all women. Again, wrong assumption

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Juzzybabe(f): 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
majekdom2:
You've been on his issue for a longtime.... More than 3 years. That dude is a roadblock to where you are going. Many people will tell you to fight and keep the child.. Yea great right. I'd like you to think twice about this. He might not be able to take care of the child but trying to frustrate and give you sleepless nights cause he already knows the advice you'd be given. For the sake of the child, do you think he will be able to cater and provide for the child more than you can? I don't want to buy the 40K gist.. he has spent more than 40K on this case. Just so you don't have regrets tomorrow.... you know the dude more than anyone on this forum. The child might grow up to know his father and have this thought his father could have done better than you are doing. Have a real thought, don't just follow any advice asking you to keep a child if you know it will be more than tough for you. These days, it's not about food but good food, it's not about education but quality education. You need to give you child the upper hand from childhood if you want him to do well in life. I am sorry, I see many things differently.

My husband younger brother impregnated a girl. he took the girl to stay with his mum when she give birth. I learnt the girl ran away and left her baby with them. What I was informed the baby looks like, I seriously do not want my baby to live that kind of life. He doesn't wish her as good as I wish her. I did not stop him from supporting his kid. He chose not to because he feels his money is too good to spend on her. I don't have to be Dangote to give her a good future. The love and passion to see her grow into a great woman is the reason I work hard and will not give up.

10 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
majekdom2:
how about when your brother commits murder or when your son rapes an 8 year old. Your fact stating does nt help the situation, rather than state facts. Say your opinion on how to make the "fact" a positive one. Thats what progressive people do. I didn't ask you what a woman needs... Thanks.m.. thats what you need not all women. Again, wrong assumption
hehehehe,so i shouldnt state the fact because it doesnt hrlp the situation,so we should keep masking the fact because we dont want to rumple feathers abi ?your sentiments have blurred your ability to face the fact.by the way,looking at what truely brings a woman joy,money and children, anyway, I have adviced you to keep scrolling, so long as this forum isn't your personal property, I will make my opinion known

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by sirugos(m): 10:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
AuroraB:
You the only one on here to see ' a son' when others saw 'a girl' angry
But then again, you made no sense at all cheesy
You won't dare call anyone a bastard however little he/she is in person. I know you know undecided
madam do u know that u re stupid. Based on his recent write which i read. Is there any place she mentioned a girl?
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
frenzyduchess:
and based on fact I can also say I your father is a bastard since your grandmother was a harlot tongue
I didn't agree with your "fact". It is you that came up with a fact and I am going with it to relate with your father and family. Since your father is a wicked monster according to you, he is only a foolish man that will beget another monster cause one reproduces after his kind... Real fact!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Womenrep(f): 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hi, I've tried following the conversation, unfortunately I don't know your previous story about the marriage. However, for child custody cases, the court considers the best interest of the child before granting custody to either party. In this case, the best interest is for a child to be with the mother at a tender age, if the mother is not violent and has the ability to give the child reasonable shelter, food and clothing. In rare cases will the father get custody for a two year old, unless he proves you are an irresponsible mother, a drunkard, and one who gets involved with many men. You can challenge his petition and also request for child maintainance. Kindly give any facts that may strengthen the case, like the father's life, does he travel a lot, is he violent, does he not provide for the child's needs..
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
frenzyduchess:
we are saying the same thing, same reason your father is a bastard, and a monster too
you not getting the point, I am not going by your reasons. I don't have a "fact" to tell who my father is. It is you who have a "fact" to judge the men in your life. So, going by your fact, it will b fair to say your father is not only an monster, he is a fool that has begotten other fools in their numbers... going by your fact, you are included in the numbers.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Juzzybabe(f): 10:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

I feel for you strongly. I can see the raw emotions. BUT :

1. I know very well that an adult can't really be convinced. You came online strictly to be helped on how to get your way...not for advice. This is how ALL adults including me behave.

2. You must be ready to watch your back for a long time - if not forever. The guy's family won't take it lying down.

3. Wonder what your age is. Maybe you are 30+ and worried about giving birth again.

Whatever the case, the strong love for your kid which is so evident is exactly what they are using to manipulate you. I doubt if his family loves the kid genuinely, they are just enjoying torturing you.

Finally, about the mum-in-law who dislikes you....are you sure you are absolutely honest about being "a saint" with her? Humans hardly admit their guilt when testifying about a fight.

Even if I am 10year old I will still fight for her. I never understood the bond between a mother and her child until that morning I held mine in my arms...Maybe its all because I loved her dad so much... the love has been transfered. I can't explain the bond but I know its called love. your last comment, I may have offended my MIL but I did ask for forgiveness even when I could not point at anything. even my mum went on bended knees to beg my MIL to forgive whatever I did to her, but she said she will not live to see her son and I live as husband and wife. What else can I say? I am not a saint. I kept mute on all my mother in-law did to me until when I had my baby and she came shouting at me and calling me names accusing me of not being a wife material becus I had her son's first child through CS, o yes I did stood up and addressed her for once. I talked back at her as I could no longer swallow her insults and threats to my marriage. Anyone in my shoes, would someday get tired of such. Am human

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
Juzzybabe:

My husband younger brother impregnated a girl. he took the girl to stay with his mum when she give birth. I learnt the girl ran away and left her baby with them. What I was informed the baby looks like, I seriously do not want my baby to live that kind of life. He doesn't wish her as good as I wish her. I did not stop him from supporting his kid. He chose not to because he feels his money is too good to spend on her. I don't have to be Dangote to give her a good future. The love and passion to see her grow into a great woman is the reason I work hard and will not give up.
sorry about your situation. Obviously, you got into th wrong family. It will be well with you. Just keep it in mind that he is filing for Child custody to get to you and make you unstable. He doesn't want you to move on and have focus. As many have said, you will win the case. God be with you.
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by AfricanCalabash(m): 10:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
i dn't buy this sh*t. women are always causing problem here and there.

he dn't care for u and he sent u 40K, perhaps u abused him and he stopped.

u dn't love him any more! he saved u divorce papers and u are running from pillar to post (u dn't want to give consent).

enough of women and their escaped u guys should stop komin here to post and vomit rubbish-no apologies to feminist (even if a foolish man kills him self for una, una go still abuse his dead body)

i am not support the man though cus nobody have had his own side of the story.

give consent to his divorce request since u no want again or ADONBILIVIT

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by AuroraB(f): 10:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
sirugos:
madam do u know that u re stupid. Based on his recent write which i read. Is there any place she mentioned a girl?
Shut your mouth up and take corrections, olofo, olori pelebe grin
She mentioned her 'daughter' and has been doing so but in order to vomit dirt, your brain has only about bastard to come up with sad
You had to quote me without visiting the thread. Empty head cheesy
Why am I replying the NL resident idiott gan undecided
Bye, onye apari

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by olomolekan(m): 10:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pls get to a FIDA (Federation of Women Lawyers) office and report him they will treat his Bleep up for him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Appropriate For 18+ Lady To Wash Her Father's Under wear? / Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / 'How My Husband Stripped Me Unclad Before Herbalist'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.